My mom took that photo
当我和艾米赢得二年级科学展时
when Amy and I won the second grade science fair,
我妈帮我俩拍的照片
back when we were besties.
当我们还是闺蜜的时候
Mom died later that same year.
妈妈就在那一年去世的
Sometimes I like to look through her old stuff.
有时候我喜欢翻看她的遗物
Makes me feel like I'm still with her.
感觉起来 她放佛还在我身边
Josh, is that you?
乔什 是你吗?
No, Mom, it's a burglar who just happens to have keys to the front door.
不是 妈妈 是个碰巧有前门钥匙的小偷
Hey, Mouse. Who'd you bark at today, buddy?
嗨 莫斯 你在对谁吠呢? 伙计?
Who'd you bark at today?
对着谁叫唤呢?
Who'd you bark at today?
你今天对谁吠呢?
Oh, yes, you're a good boy.
噢 很好 你真是个乖孩子
Let's go. Come on. Come on.
我们走 快点 快跟上
Come on. Look at me. Come on.
快点 快跟上我 快点
Come on.
快点儿
Same to you, I think.
你也是
Hey, guess what? I found my new documentary subject.
嗨 你知道吗? 我找到纪录片的新主题了
Dylan Schoenfield.
迪伦·尚恩费徳
Oh, that is wonderful, hon. Yeah.
噢 那太好了 宝贝 是啊
Who is he? She, Mom.
他是谁? 是她 妈妈
Oh. One of the most popular girls at school.
噢 学校里最受欢迎的女孩之一
I was gonna follow her around, shoot her Blossom Queen campaign.
我准备跟着她 拍摄她竞选花魁冠军的全过程
I'm thinking a hard-hitting exposition on popularity.
我打算来个"校园红人"黑幕大揭秘
Huh. Well, that sounds like an ambitious project.
嗯 好吧 听上去像是个大工程
Yeah. Speaking of projects, Mom, what is that?
是啊 说到工程 妈妈 那是什么?
Sushi-making class. I am making a spicy dragon roll.
上寿司课学的 我正在做辣味儿的龙卷
Great.
很不错...
There we go. That's that.
好吧 就是这样
Oh, no, my miso.
噢 不 我的豆面酱
Hey, Mom, you just wanna phone in for pizza instead?
嘿 妈妈 我们不如叫外卖♥♥披萨 如何?
Oh, yes.
噢 好吧
So much better.
这样好多了
No. No, no, no. Give me...
不 不 不 不要啊 别动...
Go and get him.
快去抓住它
Hey. Paul, it's Sandy.
嗨 保罗 我是桑迪
Oh, I like this, huh?
噢 我喜欢这个提案 嗯?
An exposition on popularity.
校园红人♥大♥揭秘
Yeah. You told me to challenge myself
是啊 是你要我挑战自己
and Dylan Schoenfield's proving to be a big challenge.
而恰好迪伦·尚恩费徳是一个巨大的挑战
Don't forget what else I said.
别忘了我还说了什么
Seek out the truth, huh? Right.
挖掘真♥相♥? 没错
The best documentarians leave their preconceived notions at the door.
最棒的纪录片导演是不会先入为主
Uh...
嗯...
Totally, Mr. F., yeah.
您说的太对了 F先生 的确
Dylan Schoenfield, huh?
迪伦·尚恩费徳 哼?
Popularity could turn out to be more complicated than you think.
"红人"这个主题会比你想象中的复杂许多
Welcome to the competition, Josh.
欢迎加入竞选 乔什
next stop Hollywood, huh?
下一步 好莱坞 怎么样?
Yeah. Little bit of the action.
好啊 一步一步行动起来
Hey. You ready to start?
嗨 你准备好开始了吗?
Almost. Hold this. Mm.
差不多了 拿着 嗯
First, some ground rules.
首先 我们定些硬性规定
One, we need to set a strict filming schedule.
第一 我们需要制定严密的拍摄时间表
No hanging around me before or after.
除了拍摄时间外 不要跟着我
Sure. Like I'd want to.
当然了 你以为我想啊
Two, I need a beauty budget.
第二 我需要美容经费
So $50 a week should suffice.
50美元一周应该够了
Beauty budget?
美容经费?
I only get $5 a day for lunch.
我每天只有5块的午餐费
Three, no filming from my left side. Ever.
第三 不能拍我的左脸 绝对不行
It's my bad side, see?
左侧不好看 看到没?
They're exactly the sa... Are you always this high-maintenance?
看上去没差 你总是这么难伺候吗?
It is not high-maintenance to want to look nice.
让自己看起来漂亮并不是难伺候
Voila, now I'm done.
好了 我好了
Hey, don't you want this?
嗨 你不要午餐了吗?
Oh, you can just set it down at my seat.
噢 你可以它放到我的餐位上
The Ramp?
台阶上吗?
Duh, where else would we eat lunch?
是啊 不然还会是哪里?
Dylan?
迪伦?
We're shooting a movie.
我们正在拍一部电影
Excuse me.
借过
One small step for geeks.
怪胎迈出的一小步
One giant leap for geek-kind.
是怪胎们的一大步
Not now.
还没到时候
Why so determined to be Blossom Queen?
为什么你那么坚持要当选花魁?
Because it's the best way to ensure lifelong popularity.
因为这是确保终身受欢迎的最好方式
Aren't you already popular?
你不是已经很受欢迎了吗?
Let me ask you this, does Sunshine Lemonade advertise?
问你个问题 阳光柠檬汁做广♥告♥吗?
Yeah, they have the commercials with the waterskiing penguins.
是的 他们拍摄水上滑板企鹅的广♥告♥
Oh, I like the penguins.
噢 我喜欢企鹅
Sunshine is already number one. They don't need to advertise.
阳光品牌已经是第一了 他们不需要做广♥告♥
But they do it to stay number one. Get it?
他们做广♥告♥是为了维持第一 懂了吗?
Got it. Good.
懂了 很好
Everyone thinks it's so easy being the popular girl.
大家都以为 成为受欢迎的女孩是很容易的事
It's so not easy.
一点也不简单
Girls, this is moi's movie.
姐♥妹♥们♥ 这是我的电影
If they wanna add something, that's fin...
如果他们想要补充什么 没问...
But being popular is so not easy.
但是受欢迎并不容易
It's like royalty. Or being the first lady.
就像王室成员 或者第♥一♥夫♥人♥一样难
You have to live up to impossible standards of beauty
你必须合乎难以达到的完美标准
and you're expected to be a good influence.
并且能够带来正面的影响
Like I help out the less fortunate.
就像我帮助没那么幸运的人一样
Oh, you have a charity.
噢 你从事慈善?
Absolument, fashion victims.
完全正确 帮助没有时尚品味的人
Hannah, the yellow scarf you're wearing is washing you out.
汉娜 这条黄色围巾让你黯然失色
Here.
来
Wear mine instead.
换上我的围巾
See? I just sacrificed my own outfit for hers.
看到没? 我为她牺牲了自己的形象
But it was worth it.
但是很值得
Oh!
噢!
Josh.
乔什
Sorry.
对不起
Oh!
噢!
Hey.
嗨
If you're a ten,
如果你是完美的人
you can only date a ten, like Asher.
就只能和像亚瑟一样完美的人约会
Coming to watch me play volleyball? Mmhm.
要来看我的排球比赛吗? 嗯
Dylan, he's blocking your light.
迪伦 他挡住你的光了
Why is there a talking nerd here?
怎么会有个书呆子在这里?
Asher, we downloaded this.
亚瑟 是这样的
Josh is making a movie about me winning Blossom Queen.
乔什在拍摄我赢得花魁冠军的电影
Play nice?
友善点行吗?
Does it mess with my volleyball sched?
这会和我的排球比赛冲突吗?
Oh, never. We'll work around it.
噢 不会的 我们会安排好时间
Got it. Thank you.
好了 谢谢
So this is what you do after school?
这就是你放学后做的事?
Shopping improves the economy.
消费促进经济增长
Oh, how thoughtful.
噢 真体贴
I know, right? I care.
我也知道 好吗? 我很替他人着想
Right. So in a scientific sense,
好吧 从科学角度来看
how does popularity work?
"受欢迎"会有什么效果?
Are the other Blossom Queen candidates...?
其他的花魁候选人也...?
There are levels of popularity.
受欢迎有很多种
Anywhere from student-council-president popular
当选学生理事会会长
to only popular with your parents.
只会受父母欢迎
Sure, Nicole's cheerleader popular,
当然 妮可是受欢迎的拉拉队队长
but is she Blossom Queen popular?
但她有达到花魁的水准吗?
Doubtful.
我深表怀疑
So how does one move up this social scale of popularity?
那怎么提升受欢迎的等级呢?
Well, one way is hoping it'll rub off on you.
方法之一就是期待它和你沾上边
电影精选列表