Josh Rosen
由乔什·罗森执导
and his documentary called The Popularity Project.
纪录片叫做 揭秘万人迷
Popularity.
万人迷
What is it?
那是什么?
According to Dylan Schoenfield,
根据迪伦·尚恩费徳的理论
one of the most popular girls at Woodlands Academy,
她是沃兰兹学院最受欢迎的女生之一
it's a lot of things.
那意味着许多含义
Being popular is so not easy.
受欢迎并不是件容易的事
We're in the movie.
我们在电影里
It's like royalty or the first lady.
就像皇室成为或第♥一♥夫♥人♥一样难
You have to live up to impossible standards of beauty
你必须合乎难以达到的完美标准
and you're expected to be a good influence.
并且能够带来正面的影响
Like I help out the less fortunate.
就像我帮助没那么幸运的人一样
Fashion victims.
那些没有时尚品味的人
Popularity's contagious.
受欢迎是会传染的
What, like a cold? Duh.
像感冒一样? 没错
It's why Hannah and Lola battle to be my better friend.
所以汉娜和萝拉才一直争着要当我闺蜜
Their popularity comes from mine.
她们之所以受欢迎是因为我
What are your plans after school?
课后你都做些什么?
Uh, Pilates. But not on Tuesdays.That's yoga.
呃 普拉提 但不是周二 周二是练瑜伽
I mean, when you graduate.You know, hopes, dreams?
我是说 毕业以后 比如愿望 理想?
What's your life goal?
你的人生目标是什么?
Blossom Queen.
成为校园皇后
After that. After?
之后呢 之后 ?
If I don't win Blossom Queen,my life is officially O-V-E-R, over.
如果我没有获选花魁冠军 我的人生就此终结
So Populars only hang with Populars?
所以说红人只和红人交朋友吗?
Cats don't hang with dogs, right?
喵咪不会和狗狗玩 对吧?
Really? That's your argument?
是这样吗 这就是你的想法?
It's better this way.
这样比较好
If everyone stays in their own group,
如果每个人都待在自己的圈子里
there's no chance of misunderstandings.
就不会有误会
Like, what kind of misunderstandings?
比如呢 什么样的误会?
Well, take you and me, for instance.
那就拿我和你来说 举个例子
If we mingled outside of doing my movie together,
我们一起在出去拍我的电影
you might get the wrong idea and ask me out.
你可能会自作多情 约我出去
Imagine the horror. You'd be so embarrassed.
想想多可怕 尴尬死了
Did we get it? Was that good?
搞清楚了吗? 明白了吗?
So is Dylan the cat or the dog?
那迪伦是小猫还是小狗呢?
Are you getting my good side? This one right here?
你有在拍我完美的侧面吗? 这半边?
Could one person be this shallow?
一个人真有那么肤浅吗?
I chose Dylan as my documentary subject
我选迪伦作为我的纪录片主题
because I wanted a challenge.
是因为我想挑战自己
To uncover the truth about popularity.
去揭露万人迷背后的真♥相♥
But I also wanted to make something real.
但我也希望能够还原真♥相♥
I was determined to discover the real Dylan Schoenfield.
于是我决定去挖掘真正的迪伦·尚恩费徳
Oh, no. The volleyball game's over. Asher.
哦 不 排球赛结束了 亚瑟
Goodbye.
再见
Dylan, stop.
迪伦 停下来
Stop.
等等
What's wrong? What's wrong?
怎么了? 怎么了?
The entire movie is what's wrong.
整部电影就是问题
And it wasn't enough for you to embarrass me in front of my friends.
在我朋友面前羞辱我还不够
You embarrassed me in front of the entire city.
你还要在全城人的面前羞辱我
Embarrass you?
羞辱你?
But I was trying to show the real you.
我只想向大家展示真实的你
And the real me is humiliating.
真实的我令人可耻
I've spent all of middle school and high school
我耗费了整个初中和高中
trying to get rid of the real me and perfect the new Dylan.
才摆脱掉真实的我 成为完美的迪伦
Dylan, I... You don't get it and you never did.
迪伦 我 你不了解 永远也不会
I trusted you, but you never cared about me.
我曾相信你 但你从不在乎我
All you cared about was that stupid movie.
你只关心你那愚蠢的电影
That's not true. It's not?
不是这样的 不是?
Just leave me alone, Josh.
离我远点 乔什
And by that, I mean for and ever.
我是说 永远别接近我
So the more I got to know Dylan,
我越深入了解迪伦
I found out there's lots of sides to her.
我发现她有许多不为人知的一面
She can be funny and normal and full of life.
她可以非常有趣 充满活力
Josh, Josh, look at this.
乔什 乔什 看看这个
Zoom in and look at it. Josh, zoom in right here, right here. Look?
放大了看 乔什 放大这里 这里 看到没?
Zoom in. Do you see that? What's that say?
放大 看到了吗? 说什么来着?
What's that say?
说什么来着?
Hmm?
嗯?
A plus.
A+
Whoo!
喔!
Yes. Stop it.
太棒了 别拍了
She can also be sensitive and vulnerable and compassionate.
她也可以很感性 容易受伤 多愁善感
Is that your mom?
这是你妈吗?
Yeah, she met my dad at the Woodlands Spring Formal.
是的 她在沃兰兹的春季舞会上遇到我爸爸
Crazy, huh?
很疯狂 对吧?
Wait.
等下
Was your mom Blossom Queen?
你妈妈从前是校园皇后?
Back in the olden days, 1985. Heh.
很久以前的事情 1985那时
Wow.
喔
I bet you miss her.
你一定很想念她
Lots.
非常想
It gets kind of lonely here with just me and my dad.
房♥子只有我和爸爸住实在是有点寂寞
So when you said there's nothing more to life than winning Blossom Queen...
所以你才会说没什么事比得上当选校园皇后?
Yeah,
是的
because of my mom.
为了我妈妈
If I win,
如果我赢了
it's like we're still connected.
就仿佛我们彼此间还有联♥系♥
Like she's still with me.
感觉她还在我身边
And as I discovered the real Dylan Schoenfield,
随着我挖掘真实的迪伦·尚恩费徳
I figured, yeah, she might be popular,
我发现 虽然她是万人迷中的一员
she might really like shoes,but she's more than that.
虽然嗜鞋如命 但是她不仅此而已
She's smart and cool and real.
她很聪明 很酷 并且很真实
And that's the Dylan I wanted to show the world.
那才是我想向全世界呈现的迪伦
Yeah, so maybe the truth
是的 也许我的电影并没有
didn't turn out to be a hard-hitting expos? on popularity,
真正的揭露红人的黑幕
but I don't care.
但我不在乎
I have a new friend.
我交到了一位新朋友
That's what really matters.
这才是最重要的
Are you ready?
准备好了吗?
Whoa. Here we go.
哦
Whoa.
喔
Hey.
嘿
Still hidden under the frog planter, like in middle school.
还把钥匙藏在花盆下面 和初中时一样
What are you doing here?
你来这里干嘛?
Look, Dylan, just because
听着 迪伦 虽然6年级以后
you stopped being my friend in sixth grade
你就不把我当朋友了
doesn't mean I stopped being yours.
但不代表我也不把你当朋友
I know you went through a lot when your mom died.
我知道你妈妈死后你打击很大
I get it.
我理解
I still get it.
现在也是
I don't know what to say.
我不知道该说什么
Which, you know, for me, never happens.
你知道的 这种事从不会发生在我身上
Josh is worried about you.
乔什很担心你
Yeah, right.
才怪
Josh's terrible movie ruined me.
乔什那糟糕的电影毁了我
My life is O-V-E-R, over.
我的人生玩完了 完了
Josh's terrible movie won the film festival.
乔什那糟糕的电影获奖了
You're more popular than ever.
你比以前更受欢迎
Josh gave me the DVD for his movie.
乔什给了我他电影的DVD
Watch all of it and then
等你看完了整部电影再告诉我
tell me if you're ruined.
你有没有被毁了
Dylan.
迪伦
Dylan, you're the most popular girl at Woodlands ever.
迪伦 你是沃兰兹学院最受欢迎的女孩
There you are. You don't have to hang with the riff-raff anymore.
你来了 你不用再和那些下等人混日了
Look, I got the dress.
瞧 我买♥♥了那件礼服
You're right, your charity is fashion.
你是对的 你的品味真时尚
电影精选列表