你知道的。
You know.
乔可真是个难搞的客户。
Jo can be a pretty tough customer.
我想是的。
Yeah, I guess.
切割是准确的词。
Cutting is the precise word.
她的评论有时很尖刻。
She can be very cutting in her comments.
她割伤你了吗?
Did she cut you?
不是我自己。
Not me, per se.
你觉得你的工作怎么样?
How do you like your job?
我不知道,这工作很辛苦。
I don't know, it's a tough job.
有点累。
It's kind of exhausting.
詹妮弗总是筋疲力尽。
Jennifer is completely exhausted all the time.
这份工作真的让她很难受。
The gig is really putting her through hell.
这是一个很好的描述。
That's a good description of it.
我想我不该和你说话
I guess I shouldn't be talking to you
说她有多讨厌她的工作。
about how much she hates her job.
天气凉爽。
It's cool.
我只是预先假设任何人
I just assume in advance that anyone
做我们工作的人会讨厌的。
who has our job would hate it.
每个人都讨厌它?
Everyone hates it?
是的,基本上。
Yeah, basically.
教师助理工作是一项繁重的工作
Teachers aide jobs are a lot of work
他们几乎不支付任何费用。
and they hardly pay anything.
找一份全职教育工作真的很难,
It's really hard to get a full-time education position,
所以人们在这些助理工作中来回奔波。
so people bounce around in these aide jobs.
我在兼♥职♥攻读硕士学位。
I'm working on getting my Masters part-time.
我快讲完了,
I'm getting close to finishing,
希望这能增加我的选择。
and hopefully that should expand my options.
所以你们都在攻读学位,
So, so you guys work on your degrees,
在做这些杀手级工作的时候?
while working these killer jobs?
是的。
Yes.
你是兼♥职♥写作吗?
And you do your writing on the side, in your case?
感谢上帝有夏天。
Thank God for summers.
我喜欢你的故事。
I liked your story.
谢谢。
Thanks.
我以为会有不同的结果。
I was expecting something different.
所以如何?
How so?
它非常安静,写作没有太多的虚饰,
It's very quiet, not a lot of frills to the writing,
我喜欢这样。
I like that.
你为什么把主角设定为男人?
Why'd you make the central character a man?
只是根据一个人告诉我的故事改编的。
It was just based on a story a guy told me.
真实的故事吗?
True story?
真的有一只松鼠生病了,
Kind of, there really was a squirrel who got sick,
但现实生活中的那个人并没有解决它
but the real life guy didn't take care of it
这个角色的方式。
the way the character does.
那个小女孩是真的吗?
Was the little girl real?
不,她是我编出来的。
No, I made her up.
你呢?
What about you?
你不是个安静的作家?
You're not a quiet writer?
我一直是个坏孩子。
I've been a bad boy.
我总是想引起别人的注意
I was always trying to get attention
人们把它给了我。
and people gave it to me.
现在我只想交流,没那么容易。
Now I just want to communicate, it's not that easy.
你没读过我写的东西吗?
You haven't read any of my stuff?
什么都不要读。
Don't read anything yet.
再给我10年。
Give me another 10 years.
谢谢你的晚餐,很高兴再次见到你。
Thanks for dinner, it was really nice to see you again.
很高兴见到你。
It was nice to see you.
我们再来一次。
Let's do it again.
是的,那太好了。
Yeah, that would be great.
谢谢你所做的一切,晚安。
Thanks for everything, goodnight.
晚安。
Goodnight.
喂?
Hello?
你打对号♥码了玛拉,这是乔希,乔的…
You've got the right number Mara, this is Josh, Jo's...
是啊,我也久仰你的大名。
Yeah, I've heard a lot about you, too.
是的,我只是拿了她的手♥机♥,因为她睡着了
Yeah, I just grabbed her phone 'cause she's asleep
我不想吵醒她
and I didn't want to wake her.
她今天早上丢了工作。
She lost her job this morning.
是的,她被打了个措手不及。
Yeah, she was blindsided.
我肯定是措手不及。
I was blindsided for sure.
她对此很不高兴,所以
She was pretty upset about it so
我只是不想吵醒她,
I just didn't want to wake her,
我想让她睡一觉。
I wanted to let her sleep it off.
但我们在一起,我们完全在一起。
But we're on, we're totally on.
是的,她很期待。
Yeah, she's looking forward to it.
是啊,看来你很了解她。
Yeah, I see you know her well.
别担心,我会带她过去的。
Yeah, don't worry, I will get her there.
是啊,能见到你本人真是太好了,
Yeah, it'll be great to see you in the flesh,
终于。
at long last.
你知道我们在哪里见面吗?
Do you know where we're meeting?
算了,我不需要知道
Never mind, I don't need to know
她知道我们要去哪里。
where we're going, she knows.
好了好了。
Okay great.
好吧,回头见。
All right, I'll see you soon.
是的,我很兴奋,再见。
Yeah, I'm excited about it, bye.
嘿,这是怎么回事?
Hey, what's going on here?
我们被转移了,伙计。
We've been displaced, man.
其目的是违反法律的精神。
The goal is to violate the spirit of the law.
你要承担尽可能多的风险,
The goes is load up on as much risk as you can,
而且不会被抓。
without getting caught.
所以它们完全暴露在户外。
So they're just completely out in the open.
完全暴露在户外。
Completely out in the open.
他们只是开诚布公地交谈。
They just openly talk.
拿你对企业文化最糟糕的看法来说,
Take your worst idea about corporate culture,
两倍或三倍,就是这样。
and double or triple it, that's what it's like.
这是一个完全不同的宇宙。
It's a totally different universe.
他们知道你是粉红民♥主♥党人吗?
Do they know you're a pinko democrat?
它不会出现。
It doesn't come up.
我在那里没有多少发自内心的对话。
I don't have a lot of heartfelt conversations there.
和我一起玩的人
The people I hang out with
大部分是印度人,他们做的是承包工作。
are mostly the Indian guys who do contract work.
置身其中是什么感觉?
What's it like being in the middle of that, though?
你不介意吗?
Doesn't it get to you?
我想我已经习惯了。
I guess I'm just used to it.
我从事金融工作已经很长时间了。
I've been working financial jobs a long time now.
你只要做你该做的事,
You just do what you're paid for,
希望这些家伙不会把世界搞砸。
and hope these guys don't bring the world down.
我知道我不会参加晨会了。
I know I'm not gonna show up for morning meeting.
这是不可能的。
This is not gonna happen.
这就是我选择这份工作的原因
That's the whole reason I picked a job
我可以自己安排时间。
where I could set my own hours.
他们最后一次跟你说话是什么时候?
When's the last time they spoke to you about anything?
他们从来没跟我说过任何事。
They never spoke to me about anything.
他们跟你说过一次,对吧,
Well they spoke to you that one time, right,
当你错过约会的时候?
when you missed that appointment?
是的,但他们说那不是问题。
Yeah, but they said that wasn't a problem.
我的意思是,当时他们对此没有意见。
I mean at the time they were fine with it.
他们真正关心的是
What they really cared about,
是我错过了该死的晨会,
was me missing the dumb-ass morning meetings,
很多人都错过了,不只是我。
which lots of people miss, not just me.
乔,糟糕的是他们没有给你任何警告,
Well Jo it sucked they didn't give you any warning,
但是为了将来的参考,你应该问一下
but for future reference you should make
给自己留个小纸条
a little mental note to yourself
当人们告诉你他们不在乎的时候
that when people tell you they don't care
关于迟到和不来,他们在撒谎,
about lateness and no-shows, they are lying,
他们真的在乎,不管他们说什么。
and they really do care, no matter what they say.
我是说,你来这里是怎么…
I mean, you've been here for how...
不是因为这个,
It wasn't about that,
我甚至不认为是关于互助会。
I don't even think it was about the meetings.
这个主管和我一直有矛盾
This supervisor and I have been butting heads
我一直在那里。
the whole time I've been there.
电影精选列表