但我必须去,因为我要去上学。
but I had to go because I had to go to school.
有一天我在餐厅,
And one day I was in the lunchroom,
其他人都坐在桌边
and everybody else was sitting at tables
和他们的朋友,
with their friends,
他们都在分享三明治
and they were all sharing their sandwiches
他们在分享甜点,
and they were sharing their desserts,
我坐在我的桌子旁
and I was sitting at my table.
我没有朋友。
I didn't have any friends.
其他人会看到这些女孩对我很刻薄,
And the other people would see these girls be mean to me,
所以他们不想和我说话。
and so they didn't want to talk to me.
他们觉得我可能有什么问题。
They thought maybe there was something wrong with me.
所以我只能一个人吃午饭,
So I had to eat lunch all by myself,
那些坏女孩过来了
and the mean girls came over,
他们拿走了我的书包,
and they took my book bag,
他们把我的东西从书包里拿了出来,
and they took my stuff out of my book bag,
他们正在使用它。
and they were using it.
他们用了我的铅笔和纸,
They used my pencils and my paper,
他们拿走了我的食物。
and they took my food away from me.
他们还取笑我从家里带来的食物。
And they were making fun of the food I brought from home.
我很伤心,但乔在那里,
And I was so sad, but Jo was there,
乔是全校最高的女孩。
and Jo was the tallest girl in the whole school.
她很酷,她也不认识我,
And she was so cool, and she didn't know me,
她也可以对我刻薄,
and she could have been mean to me too,
但她看到女孩们欺负我,
but she saw the girls picking on me,
她变得非常勇敢,她过来了。
and she got really brave and she came over.
她走过来对我说,
She came over and she said,
“你得离她远点。
"You need to leave her alone.
对那些刻薄的女孩说,别再欺负她了。
"Stop picking on her," to the mean girls.
那些刻薄的女孩说:“我们为什么要听你的?”
And the mean girls said, "Why would we listen to you?"
他们就和她争论。
And they were arguing with her.
其中一个女孩坐在椅子上,
And one of the girls who was sitting in a chair,
琼弯下腰,坐到女孩的椅子上,
Jo reached down, she took the girl's chair,
她很快就把它从身下拔了出来,
and she pulled it out from underneath her so fast,
那个女孩倒在地上,
that the girl fell on the ground,
她发出了非常响亮的声音
and she made a sound that was so loud
每个人都看过来了,老师们也过来了。
that everybody looked over, and the teachers came over.
乔惹了大♥麻♥烦。
Jo got in big trouble.
你知道她是怎么摔下来的吗?
Do you know how she fell?
给我看,给我看。
Show me, show me.
摔个大跟头。
Make a big fall.
-像这样。——是的。
- Like this. - Yes.
没错,她哭了,她说。
Exactly, and she cried, she was like.
像这样。
Like that.
乔惹了大♥麻♥烦
Jo got in big trouble,
但后来她成了我最好的朋友,因为她为我挺身而出。
but then she was my best friend because she stood up for me.
我们一直在一起。
We were together all the time.
其他女孩仍然很害怕乔,
And other girls were still very scared of Jo,
因为她可以如此
because she could be so,
乔有时候真的很刻薄。
Jo could be really mean sometimes.
她会对别人说一些她不喜欢的话,
She would say cruel things to people that she didn't like,
但她一直对我很好。
but she was always so nice to me.
从那以后,再也没有人欺负我了。
And then, nobody picked on me anymore after that.
你好,我的上帝。
Hello, my God.
我知道,我手♥机♥上有你的名字,你好吗?
Yeah, I know, your name's on my phone, how are you?
错了什么吗?
Something wrong?
哦,不。
Oh no.
你知道这是怎么发生的吗?
How did it happen, do you know?
我想它总是会来的。
I guess it was always coming.
不,我想已经一年多了,
No, it's been more than a year I think,
甚至比那还要久,因为我真的…
even longer than that since I really...
我不知道,越来越难了。
I don't know, it got harder and harder.
你怎么样,你还好吗?
How are you, are you okay?
你们有联♥系♥吗?
Were you in touch?
你是怎么做到的?
How did you?
你真是太好了。
That's so good of you.
我真的很感激你能想到我。
I really appreciate your thinking of me.
我的天啊。
Oh my God.
我想我最好给她父母打个电♥话♥。
I guess I'd better call her parents.
非常感谢你给我打电♥话♥。
Thank you so much for calling me.
会有吗?
Is there going to be?
是的。
Yeah.
当然可以,那我们到时候见。
Yes, of course, so I'll see you there.
非常感谢你给我打电♥话♥。
Thank you so much for calling me.
再见,待会儿见。
Goodbye, I'll see you soon.
所以当我们去殡仪馆时,
So when we go to the funeral home,
你穿你的黑裙子。
you'll wear your black dress.
我会穿一件黑裙子,
I'll wear a black dress,
房♥间里会有一个死人,
and there's going to be a dead person in the room with us,
我们就能看到她了。
and we're gonna be able to look at her.
你也能见到她。
You'll be able to see her too.
即使对成年人来说,看到死人也是件有趣的事,
Even for grownups it's a funny thing to see a dead person,
这是所有人都会想到的,
and it's all anyone's going to be thinking about,
我们和一个死人共处一室。
that we're in the same room with a dead person.
为什么?
Why?
你知道,这只是,
You know, it's just,
这只是提醒我们
it's just to remind us that
我们很重要,这些人也很重要。
we're important and that people are important.
我们死的时候很重要。
It's important when we die.
这是玛拉,乔的朋友。
This is Mara, Jo's friend.
这是我妹妹,罗斯。
This is my sister, Rose.
请节哀顺变。
We're sorry for your loss.
非常感谢。
Thank you very much.
哦,你好。
Oh hello.
这是你的小女儿。
This is your little girl.
这是罗蕾莱。
This is Lorelei.
你好,罗雷莱。
Hello, Lorelei.
我能帮上什么忙吗,你需要什么吗?
Is there anything I can do to help, do you need anything?
不用了,亲爱的,谢谢。
No dear, thank you.
我会给你打电♥话♥的。
I'm going to call you.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
杰克。
Jack.
大富翁游戏之后我就没见过你了。
I haven't seen you since that Monopoly game.
从那以后,你见过我几次。
You have seen me since then, several times.
你知道我赢了那场比赛。
You know I won that game.
你还在兴奋吗?
Oh are you still high about that?
好吧,你赢了,天哪。
Okay, you won, geez.
抱歉,那场比赛让你终生难忘。
Sorry that game marked you for life.
他们给她化妆。
They put makeup on her.
为什么?
Why?
让她看起来不错。
To make her look nice.
这是罗蕾莱。
This is Lorelei.
你好罗蕾莱。
Hello Lorelei.
嗨。
Hi.
很高兴认识你。
It's very nice to meet you.
我也很高兴认识你。
It's nice to meet you too.
你好吗,最近在忙什么?
How are you, what have you been up to?
没什么,只是在工作。
Not much, just working.
一直在旅行。
Been doing a lot of traveling.
我和我女朋友刚回来
My girlfriend and I actually just got back
昨天从旧金山来的。
from San Francisco yesterday.
太好了,我从没去过旧金山。
Oh that's so nice, I've never been to San Francisco.
是的,那是个很棒的城市。
Yeah, it's a great town.
你好。
Hello.
那是玛拉的小女儿。
That's Mara's little girl.
你还记得玛拉吗?
Do you remember Mara?
乔小学时的小朋友?
Jo's little friend from grade school?
我认识她吗?
Did I know her?
我们见过她一百次了
We saw her a hundred times,
他们在一起生活了好几年。
they went around together for years.
跟我来,我给你介绍一下。
Come with me, I'll introduce you.
电影精选列表