没事的,我马上回来。
It's all right, I'll be right back.
我能晚点过来吗?
So can I come over later?
我不能久留,
I can't stay long,
我拿起手稿就跑。
I'm just gonna pick up the manuscript and run.
我可以进来待一会儿,只是不能待太久。
I can come in for a little while, I just can't stay long.
我有个约会。
I have a date.
反正我觉得这是个约会。
I think it's a date anyway.
不。
No.
不,你觉得我为什么要那么做?
No, why do you think I would do that?
我我曾经表现出任何迹象
I have I ever shown any signs
和他重归于好?
of getting back together with him?
不,是你才会那么做,不是我,
No, that would be you who would do that, not me,
你投射。
you're projecting.
听着,我得回去了,再见。
Listen, I need to get back in there, okay, bye.
好的。
Okay.
我有个朋友刚来,我得走了。
A friend of mine just got here, I have to go.
他们会给我打电♥话♥的,对吧?
Well, they're gonna call me, right?
所以我什么都做不了?
So there's nothing I can do?
听着,我真的得走了。
Listen, I really have to go.
好的,明天见,再见。
All right, see you tomorrow, bye.
那是谁?
Who was that?
我的上司。
My supervisor.
听起来你是在和一个电♥话♥推销员说话。
It sounded like you were talking to a telemarketer.
我希望,我希望她能做电♥话♥营销。
I wish, I wish she was into telemarketing.
手稿在哪里?
So where's the manuscript?
哦,对了。
Oh, right.
它在哪里?
Where is it?
你不是说你找到了吗?
Thought you said you found it?
是的,我今天早上才拿出来的。
I did, I just pulled it out this morning.
如果你直接把它拔♥出♥来♥是怎么弄丢的?
So how did it get lost if you just pulled it out?
坚持下去。
Hang on.
它在什么东西下面。
It was under something.
谢谢。
Thanks.
你已经读到第25页了。
So you got up to page 25.
我说过我还没说完。
I told you I wasn't finished with it.
是的,但
Yeah but,
好的,谢谢。
okay, thanks.
如果你把它还给我,我就把它做完。
I'll finish it if you give it back.
好的。
Okay.
我要出去抽根烟,跟我一起去吧?
I'm going out for a smoke, come with me?
确定。
Sure.
房♥东太太不让我在这里抽烟。
The landlady won't let me smoke in here.
这不能怪她。
Can't blame her.
我还是试了试,她马上就上来了。
I tried it anyway, she was up here instantly.
人们有侦测别人吸烟的超能力。
People have superpowers for detecting other people smoking.
如果我卖♥♥的是人体器官,就没人会来烦我了。
If I'd been selling a body part, no one would bother me.
你所有的老房♥东都不可能
All your old landlords will never be able
为了去除那股味道。
to get that smell out.
他们不得不把那栋楼拆了重新开始。
They have to tear the building down to start over.
有些味道是你香烟的味道。
Some of that smell is from your cigarettes, you know.
是的。
Yeah.
你的上司想谈什么?
So what'd your supervisor want to talk about?
什么都没有。
Nothing.
我的一个案子一周前丢了,
One of my cases went missing a week ago,
两周前和她全家一起。
two weeks ago with her whole family.
他们跟着福利检查
They followed the welfare checks
在不同的地方发现了它们,
and found them in a different area,
所以另一个社工接手了
so another social worker is taking over
我需要做知识转移。
and I need to do knowledge transfer.
事情急到她不得不打电♥话♥到你家吗?
Was it so urgent she had to call you at home?
不。
No.
我们几天前才知道的,
We found out about this days ago,
我觉得她只是寂寞了,然后拿起了电♥话♥。
I think this gal just gets lonely and picks up the phone.
真是个好孩子。
Really a sweet kid.
家庭是件难事
Family's a piece of work though,
我希望这个新来的社工能干。
I hope this new caseworker's good.
那么这个日期是怎么回事?
So what's up with this date?
我不知道这算不算约会。
I can't tell if it's a date or not.
你还记得大卫·马歇尔吗?
You remember David Marshall?
我当然记得他,他是约会对象?
Of course I remember him, he's the date?
是的。
Yeah.
这太奇怪了。
Well that's bizarre.
你在哪儿碰到他的?
Where'd you run across him?
他让学校的一个助手下班后开车送他回家。
He gave one of the aides at school a ride home from work.
原来他是个作家
Turns out he's a writer,
他是电子文学的读者。
and he's a reader for Electric Literature.
我告诉他我在那里投稿了,
I told him I submitted a story there,
所以他想和我共进晚餐,谈谈这件事。
so he wants to have dinner and talk about it.
所以,如果他只是假装,那就是约会
So, it's a date if he was just pretending
关心这个故事,
to care about the story,
如果他说实话,那就不算约会。
and it's not a date if he was being honest.
好吧,没人勾搭过
Well, no one ever hook up
说你必须诚实面对。
to say you had to be honest about it.
我真正想要的是甜点。
What I really want, is a dessert.
你对他不感兴趣?
You're not interested in him?
我不知道,我真的不了解他。
I don't know, I don't know him really.
你很了解他。
You know him well enough.
那个助手是他女朋友吗?
Is that aide his girlfriend?
他当着她的面邀请我共进晚餐,
He asked me to dinner right in front of her,
所以我猜不是。
so I'm guessing no.
他长得很好看。
He is good-looking.
他现在看起来好多了。
He looks better now.
真的吗?
Really?
是啊,他瘦了还是怎么的。
Yeah, he lost weight or something.
他穿着西装,领带没系。
He was wearing a suit with his tie loosened.
他邀请你吃饭的时候看起来紧张吗?
Did he seem nervous when he asked you to dinner?
不。
No.
像黄瓜一样冷静。
As cool as a cucumber.
是的,他当然会很酷。
Yeah, of course he'd be cool.
我说他是想跟你上♥床♥。
I say he's trying to get in your pants.
你知道,你有这样的倾向,
You know, you have this tendency to think that,
当人们想操你的时候就是在侮辱你。
people are insulting you when they try and fuck you.
就当这是恭维吧。
Just take it as a compliment.
问题是他们喜欢
The trouble is they like
事实上,我经常侮辱你。
actually, literally insult you more often than not.
根本就没有字面上的侮辱。
There's no such thing as a literal insult.
这只是一个短语。
It's just a phrase.
别用它,你在破坏一个完美的词。
Don't use it, you're destroying a perfectly good word.
你想和我一起去吗?
You wanna come with me?
为了什么?
For what?
一个甜点。
A dessert.
在哪里?
Where?
罗杰斯街的餐厅。
The diner, on Rogers.
我和你一起走。
I'll walk with you.
乔向我问好。
Jo says hi.
乔一位吗?
Jo Mitchel?
嗯哼。
Mm-hmm.
你还见到她吗?
You still see her?
噢,是的。
Oh yeah.
她怎么样了?
How's she doing?
她很不错。
She's pretty good.
她在做什么?
What's she up to?
她是社会工作者。
She's a social worker.
真的吗?
Really?
嗯哼。
Mm-hmm.
她的工作对象是青少年。
She works with adolescents.
她在某个政♥府♥机构工作。
She's working with some state agency.
你们俩还保持联♥系♥真是太好了。
It's great that you two are still in touch.
你们俩总是有点奇怪。
You two were always a bit of an odd couple.
真的,怎么了?
Really, how?
电影精选列表