the country's economy went to shit.
这里是《NBC晚间新闻》
This is NBC Nightly News .
经济消息
This was the day Ronald Reagan has been waiting for
今天是罗纳德·里根从政以来
This was the day Ronald Reagan has been waiting for
期待已久的一天
since he first entered politics.
今天 他将宣布减缓
The day he will announce that he is slowing down the growth
联邦政♥府♥的扩张速度
of the federal government.
里根时代对谁都不利
Man, these Reagan years weren't kind to nobody.
像我们这样的穷♥人♥什么都享受不到
Nothing trickling down to the pobres and prietos like us.
计划大幅削减针对穷♥人♥的项目
Deep cuts are planned for programs designed for the poor,
比如食物券 医疗补助计划和就业计划
such as food stamps, Medicaid, and employment programs.
我能给孩子一个家已经很不容易了
I already have a hard time keeping the roof over my kid's head.
我要些食物券过分吗
And now I'm making too much money for food stamps?
他们要我怎么养活家人
How do they expect me to feed my family?
-工厂在艰难维持 -我都付不起房♥租
- The factory was struggling. - I can't even afford my rent.
我都不知道政♥治♥会影响人 尤其是我们这种努力工作的人
I didn't know politics affect people,
西班牙裔人现在比
Hispanics are much poorer now than we were
里根执政之前更加贫困
before the Reagan administration came into power.
随着时间的推移
As the years passed around here,
这里的裁员和减班 比噗嗤球和降落伞裤还要流行
layoffs and shift cuts got more popular than Koosh balls and parachute pants.
而我八年后 依旧做着同样的工作
And here I was, eight years later, in the exact same spot.
不仅如此 情况变得更糟
Not even. Things were worse.
你们确实符合营养补充援助计划的条件
Yes, you qualify for SNAP.
你们有子女 可以抽走足够多的食物券
With dependents, you can siphon off more than enough food stamps--
不好意思 你说“抽走”什么意思
Excuse me, what do you mean "siphon"?
-我们在努力工作 我们俩有工作 -别说了 妈妈
-We're hardworking. We both have jobs. -Stop. Mom.
-我们在想办法 -妈妈 你在让我们难堪
-We're trying to figure this out. -Mom, you're embarrassing us!
你却要让我们因为需要帮助而内疚
You're going to make us feel bad for wanting help?
我们该怎么办
What are we supposed to do?
嘿
Hey, hey.
请安静 好吗
Quiet down, please. Okay?
安静
Quiet down! Hey!
菲多利接不到足够多的订单
Frito-Lay isn't getting enough orders
维持我们厂和贝克斯菲尔德分厂的运营
to keep both our factory and Bakersfield open.
所以我就直说了
So I'm gonna be brutally honest.
大量订单流失到贝克斯菲尔德分厂 这对我们来说是致命的
Losing bulk orders to Bakersfield is now lethal.
如果我们超不过他们 要倒闭的就是我们了
If we cannot outrun 'em, we are the ones who will get shut down.
明白了吗
Understand?
开始吧 继续工作
Now, let's go! Back to work!
零食大战愈演愈烈
The snack wars were getting serious.
竞争很激烈 市场份额却在不断缩小
Competition was thick and market share was shrinking.
此时罗杰·恩里科已经成了百事的总裁 他也没有闲着
You see, Roger Enrico had become the CEO of PepsiCo, and he didn't mess around.
总裁室
You see, Roger Enrico had become the CEO of PepsiCo, and he didn't mess around.
所以他做的第一件事就是
So his first order of business:
喝百事可乐
削减不必要的开支 减班 关闭工厂
cut the fat, cut shifts, shut down factories,
找到能让这艘船继续运转的资金
and find the money to keep this ship moving.
菲多利的管理层 就像是一群在毒品窝点争吵的黑帮分子
The corporate suite at Frito-Lay felt like gangsters throwing down in a drug den.
因为说白了 这就是最高管理层的样子 有钱的黑帮
'Cause, let's be real, that's pretty much what C-suiters are. Gangsters with money.
恩里科很生气
Enrico was pissed.
他说 “你们这些蠢货告诉我”
He was like, "You pendejos are out here tellin' me
“像纳贝斯克和鹰牌食品这样的菜鸟”
these little punks like Nabisco and Eagle Snacks
“要比我们赚更多钱”
are getting more feria than us?
“蚕食我们的地盘 你们这些蠢货没有意见吗”
Biting off our territory, and youse estúpidos okay with that?"
然后一个美国人说 “不 大哥”
And this gabacho was all, "Nah, big homey.
“我们还有好东西 奇多 菲力多滋 立体脆”
We still got the good stuff.
对手产品销量 1991至1992年
Cheetos, Fritos, Doritos.
“人们还在买♥♥经典产品 兄弟”
People still dishin' out lana for the classics, bro."
然后这位大哥不干了 他说
Then the big homey laid it down, and he was like,
“还能撑多久”
"For how long?
“因为我们没时间了 小弟”
'Cause we ain't got time, little puppet."
怎么了 你们需要一个拉美混血翻译吗 好的 没问题
What? You need a chola translator? All right, I got you.
所以 销量下降了吗
So, sales are down?
-是的 -很遗憾
-Yeah. -Unfortunately.
-事实就是这样 -现在是这样
-Yeah, that's what it looks like. -Right now.
人力资源部
-你好 斯蒂芬妮 -你好 理查德
-Hey, Stephanie. -Hey, Richard.
我申请的机械师工作有消息了吗
Any word on my application for the machinist job?
抱歉 理查德 现在还没有空缺
Sorry, Richard. There are no openings yet.
别担心 亲爱的 我会第一个告诉你的 我会打给你
Don't worry, hon. You'll be the first to know. I'll call ya.
-好的 -谢谢
-All right. -Thank you.
所有人的轮班都被削减了
Everyone's shifts kept getting cut.
无论你处在食物链的顶端还是底端
Didn't matter if you were at the top or the bottom of the food chain.
起码我不是孤军奋战 我们都在努力
Hmm, at least I wasn't alone. We were all struggling.
努力养家 努力保住我们的家
Struggling to feed our families. Struggling to keep our homes.
努力挽救我们的自尊
Struggling to save our pride.
所以我们做了墨西哥人最擅长的事
So we did what Mexicans do best.
我们咽下苦水 努力抬头挺胸
We shoved it down and tried to keep our heads up,
即使我们都快要淹死了
even while we were drowning.
爸爸
Apá.
睡不着吗
Can't sleep?
你确定不想回家吗
Hey, you sure you don't wanna go home?
不想 我很确定
Nah, man. I'm sure.
奇多 酥脆奶酪
你疯了 伙计 我是不会做免费的工作
Man, you crazy. I don't work free 99.
当工厂里有人需要替班时
Yeah, well, when someone in the factory needs a shift covered,
他们会找谁
who they gonna call?
捉鬼敢死队
Ghostbusters.
你真幽默
You got jokes.
他们会找什么都会做的疯子
They're gonna call the vato loco who knows how to do everything.
疯子 你只需要知道替换是关键
All you got to know, vato loco, is rotation is the key.
把旧的撤下来 把新的放上去
Out with the old, in with the new.
菲力多滋
这些都是旧的
They're all old.
是啊 在棕色人种街区 卖♥♥白人喜欢的口味 你想想看
Yeah, well, brown neighborhood, white flavors. Do the math.
立体脆 清爽口味
谁会吃清爽口味的
I mean, who eats Cool Ranch anyway?
不好意思
Excuse me.
那位女士
That lady.
我们需要重视股东 他们控制着财政大权
We need to focus on the stockholders. They control the purse strings.
不 区域经理才是扭转局面的关键
No, it's the regional managers who need the oars to turn this ship around.
什么 股东就不重要吗
What? The stockholders are chopped liver?
他们需要解释 这个视频应该能给他们解释
They need answers. This video should give it to them.
-地球不围着股东转 -嘿 两位
-Everything isn't about the stockholders. -Whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa, guys, guys.
我不需要股东 区域经理或剧本
I don't need stockholders or regional managers or scripts.
我今天会说心里话
I'm gonna just speak from the heart today.
好吗 对那些重要的人
Okay? To the people who matter.
麦克风准备就绪
Mic's hot.
各位 三 二 一 开始拍摄吧
- Three, two, one, let's shoot it. - Okay. Ready to roll.
好的 开始拍摄
- Three, two, one, let's shoot it. - Okay. Ready to roll.
各位 我们今天有午餐娱乐项目
Okay, everybody, we have some entertainment for today's lunch.
加尔萨 来搭把手 我们得给它插上电
Garza, hey! Give me a hand here. We've got to plug it in somewhere.
好了
All right.
就是这个
Yeah, that's the thing.
好了 好好欣赏节目吧
Okay. Enjoy the show.
请稍候
伙计 那是什么
Hey, man. What's that?
公♥司♥废话 他们总让我播放这些废话
Corporate nonsense. They make me play this crap all the time.
看就看 不放在心上 我不管
Watch it. Ignore it. I don't care.
大家好 我是罗杰·恩里科 菲多利的总裁
Hello. I'm Roger Enrico, chairman of Frito-Lay.
你们肯定很好奇 我为何会直接对你 我们的劳动力讲话
I'm sure you're wondering why I'm here speaking directly to you, our workforce.
你 我的朋友 是我们公♥司♥的核心和灵魂
You, my friend, are the heart and soul of this company.
结果恩里科听起来 更像罗杰斯先生 而不是黑帮分子
Turns out Enrico sounded more like Mister Rogers than American Me .
机器运转 产品销♥售♥
…machines running and the product moving.
全世界 经济 工厂 如今都在经历困难时期
Now, the world, the economy, the factory is going through a hard time.
我知道你感受到了
I know you've felt it.
但每一次挑战都蕴含着机遇
But, for every challenge, there is opportunity.
这就是你的机遇 理查德
And this is your opportunity, Richard.
对 就是拿着扫把的你 你看还有其他人在看吗
Yeah, you with the broom. You see anyone else watching?
我吗 我只是一个清洁工
Me? I'm just a janitor.
那又怎样 向世界证明一个清洁工的本事
So? Show the world what a janitor can do.
每个人都可能是成败的关键
Every person can be the difference between failure and success.
理查德 我希望你像总裁一样思考问题
Richard, I want you to think like a CEO.
像总裁一样思考问题
电影精选列表