1
《热辣奇多的诞生》
说一个墨西哥人“热辣” 那你是在玩火
Call a Mexican "spicy," and you're playing with fire.
但热辣
But spicy?
没错 是它助我走到了这一步
Yeah. See, that's how I got here.
走到了今时此刻
To this moment.
我成了有史以来最没有文化 但最成功的人
Me, the most uneducated, successful vato you'll ever meet.
一路走来 我不止一次 把自己的自尊拱手相送
I served up my pride on a silver platter more than once along the way.
我曾昂首挺胸在厨房♥
With my head held high, I worked my way through kitchens,
鸡舍 机修厂工作 使出浑身解数挣钱
chicken coops, mechanic shops, breaking a sweat to make a dollar stretch.
直至有了今日的成就
Until I got here.
我是把有史以来最受欢迎的零食
See, I'm the guy who helped bring the world
带到这个世界上的人
the most popular snack it's ever seen.
你的菜来了 女士
Here you go, ma'am.
不 不是这个笨蛋
Nah, not that fool.
没错 这位英俊的男士
Yeah, that fine-looking guapo right there,
长得有如蘸了老奶奶巧克力的 肖恩·康纳利
looking like Sean Connery dipped in Abuelita chocolate?
这就是我 独一无二的理查德·蒙塔涅斯先生
That's me. El mero mero Mr. Richard Montañez.
但我不是一开始就与大人物为伍 不是的
See, but I didn't always schmooze with the big dogs. Nah.
我出生在社会底层
See, I started at the bottom.
低得不能再低的阶层 加利福尼亚瓜斯蒂的一个葡萄园
I mean the very bottom. In a grape vineyard in Guasti, California.
瓜斯蒂酒庄
I mean the very bottom. In a grape vineyard in Guasti, California.
就是这个小调皮鬼
Yeah, that little travieso right there.
其实是九个小调皮鬼中的一个
Actually, one of nine traviesos .
当时是1960年代 我们是墨西哥人 我们父母当然很能生了
I mean, it was the '60s. We're Mexican. Of course my parents got down.
我当时觉得自己是全世界最幸运的孩子
See, in my mind, I was the luckiest kid in the world
拥有一个比迪士尼还大的乐园
with a playground bigger than Disneyland.
起来 你在玩什么
把这个装满
别让他干了 他只是个孩子
只是我的乐园是别人的劳动营
Except my playground was everybody else's labor camp.
把那个给我 去玩吧
我们一起生活 一起工作
We lived together. We worked together.
一起生存
And we survived together.
10岁那年 我知道了自己只拥有...
And by the time I was ten, I knew all I had in life was…
蒙塔涅斯这个姓氏
如果你能向他们证明 蒙塔涅斯家的人多有本事
他们就无话可说了
这一点不要忘了
好的 爷爷
我是蒙塔涅斯家的人
我是蒙塔涅斯家的人
是的 你是
开饭了
别修了 理奇
等我把这个修好 我们就能给蝙蝠侠打电♥话♥了
我父亲 瓦乔·蒙塔涅斯 外号♥“酒鬼” 原因你懂的
…Vacho Montañez, short for Borracho , 'cause, well…
理查德
Richard. Richard.
你为什么碰我的东西
放开他 他没做错什么
上学也没好到哪里去
School was no better.
直到我遇见了朱迪
Until I met Judy.
这么说吧 我们这两个小孩有很多共同点
Let's just say us two chiquillos had a lot in common.
你好
Hi.
这是你的午饭吗
是的
Yeah.
真希望午饭是博洛尼亚三明治 或者巧克力
Wish it was a bologna sandwich or-- or a chocolate.
我有个卷饼
想吃吗
Want some?
那是什么 好恶心
Ew! What is that? Gross.
这是豆泥卷饼
It's a bean burrito.
哎呀 不出所料 给肮脏的墨西哥人吃的豆泥
Ha! Figures. Beans for a dirty beaner.
我们走
Let's go, guys.
我和朱迪知道 我们的棕色皮肤在这里格格不入
Judy and I knew we stuck out like a couple of sore brown thumbs.
你还好吗
所以我们决定结盟
So we decided to stick together.
让卷饼和霸凌者都见鬼去吧
Burritos and bullies be damned.
求你了 给我做一个博洛尼亚三明治
没人会给你做博洛尼亚三明治
我不想格格不入
给 这个给你
这个给那个不喜欢吃卷饼的笨蛋
是那个墨西哥人
Hey. There's the beaner. Ha.
-他又在吃那个东西 好恶心 快看 -看起来像从马桶里捞上来的
-He's eating it again. Gross. Look. -Looks like it came out of a toilet.
我会吐的
Aw, I might throw up.
我的天啊
Oh, my God!
太好吃了
So good!
Delicioso.
想吃吗
Want some?
我才不要吃呢
Ew, I'm not gonna eat that!
你吃
You eat it.
我打赌你不敢
I dare you.
-真好吃 -我想吃 给我一个
- Hey, this is pretty good. - I want some. Give me one.
先给我 把这个给我
Me first. Give me this one.
25美分
Twenty-five cents.
我们走
Let's go.
就这样 我成了瓜斯蒂小学的卷饼小贩
And just like that, I became the burrito hustler of Guasti Elementary.
听说过“供求关系”吗
Ever heard of a little thing called "supply and demand"?
我要一个
Whoa! I want one.
塔可贝尔没有把卷饼推向全世界
Man, Taco Bell didn't introduce the world to burritos.
都是我和我妈妈的功劳
Me and my mama did.
起码我是这么认为的
Well, at least that's what it felt like to me.
我不想再让朱迪吃寒酸的纸袋午饭了
I wasn't gonna let another day go by where Judy ate a sad sack lunch.
好时 牛奶巧克力
My Jude wanted chocolate, and she was gonna get it.
我的朱朱想吃巧克力 她就会吃到
My Jude wanted chocolate, and she was gonna get it.
你最好有钱
You better have money for that.
你从哪里偷的那些钱 孩子
Where'd you steal that from, huh, boy?
盘问本来可以这样解决的
Here's how this bronca could've gone.
天啊 先生
Gee, mister!
这钱是我送报纸赚的
I made that money on my newspaper route.
绝对不违法 我只想打动一个女孩的芳心
No funny business here. Just a kid with a girl to impress.
瞧瞧这位优秀正直的小公民
Well, look at this fine, upstanding young citizen here, huh?
-哇 -怎么样
- Wow! - Huh?
去追那个女孩吧 孩子
You go get that girl, son.
这样吧 免费送你几颗糖果
And you know what? Have some free candy on the house.
Ooh.
这孩子长得真好看
Ah, good-looking kid.
-是啊 还很聪明 -是的
-Yeah, smart too. -Yeah.
但我不是白人小孩
But I wasn't a white kid.
我是棕色人种
I was brown.
进去
Get in.
如果这个世界把你当作罪犯 你就会成为罪犯
And when the world treats you like a criminal, you become one.
没错 就是这位墨西哥裔硬汉潮男 1970年代的人都是这种打扮
Yeah! That's that firme pachuco steez everyone was wearing in the '70s.
我真帅啊
I look good!
先不要谈论
Now, before you start talking smack about
“为什么墨西哥人总要当黑帮分子”这种事
"why Mexicans always got to be gangsters," don't.
因为这不是我编的 是我的亲身经历
'Cause I didn't make this up. I lived it.
当时的警♥察♥觉得 如果你姓冈萨雷斯或马丁内斯
You see, back then,
停止杀害我们
la policía believed they had the right to beat your ass in the street
他们就有权在大街上暴揍你
做棕色人种并引以为傲
if your name was González or Martínez.
作为墨西哥裔人就意味着被无视
To be Chicano meant being invisible but still getting a beatdown.
我们不会退缩
To be Chicano meant being invisible but still getting a beatdown.
但还是会挨打
To be Chicano meant being invisible but still getting a beatdown.
如果警♥察♥没有打你
And if la jura wasn't beating your ass,
那你就是要上战场送死了
you were getting shipped off to war to drop like flies.
我只是想活着
I was just trying to survive.
至于朱迪
And Judy?
她也在努力地活着
She was surviving too.
而且我们很擅长活着
And we were real good at surviving.
一起活着
Together.
当时奇卡诺运动正在如火如荼地进行 但我没有留意
The Chicano Movement was in full effect,
我有家族生意要做
I had family business to attend to.
我的兄弟们是我唯一的亲人
You see, my homeys were the only family I knew, you dig?
我们向来相互支持
We always had each other's backs.
嘿
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!
不要推我的男人
Don't be pushing my man!
-打她 朱迪 -打她 朱迪
Get her, Judy!
生意很好
Business was good.
我过得也不错
And I was living the life.
两小时居家验孕
但不知者无畏 直至其中一人清醒了
But ignorance is bliss until one of you wakes up.
理奇 你必须做出改变
Rich, you gotta change now.
-为了我们和宝宝 -你在说什么
-For us and for the baby. -What you talking about?
-瞧瞧我给咱们买♥♥的这辆新车 -我就说啊
-Check out this new ride I got us. -Yeah, exactly!
这辆车是哪里来的
电影精选列表