- From the waist up.
在我停好车,准备办公之后
After I'd parked my car
and started for my office,
我想起来 我没有跟进新闻
I realized that I'd forgotten
to tune in the news.
洋基队在华盛顿
The Yankees were in Washington for
对战参议员队 连赛两场
a double-header against the Senators.
DiMaggio将会追平并打破纪录,
DiMaggio could tie and break the record
如果他能在两场比赛中都能打中的话
if he hit in both games.
我等不及去听收音机了
I could hardly wait to get to my radio.
好啊
- Howdy.
好
- Howdy.
我想我能记住这张笑脸
I thought I recognized the smile,
但我知道 其实我什么都做不了
but I knew there was
nothing I could do about it.
电♥话♥一直响
This phone kept ringing.
让我感到烦躁
It was driving me nuts.
我祈祷什么人能去接一下
I prayed someone would answer it.
我没有意识到 是我脑袋里面在响
I didn't realize it was
ringing inside my head.
你想把他弄到哪?
- Where you want him?
让他坐下,让他坐在那边
- Sit him down, sit him over there.
我确实见过一次Frances Amthor的照片
- I'd once seen
a photo of Frances Amthor,
洛杉矶著名夫人
L.A.'s famous madam.
她就在那,活生生的
And there she was, in the flesh.
嘿,我送来了,嗯?
- Hey, did I deliver, huh?
去吧,亲爱的
- Go on, honey.
好吧,女孩们
OK, girls.
很高心见到你,Marlowe先生
Nice to meet you, Mr. Marlowe.
我很高兴你能来
I'm so glad you could make it.
很高兴能和伙计们一起夜游
- Nice to have a night out with the boys.
请别抽烟,Marlowe先生
- Please don't smoke, Mr. Marlowe.
我不喜欢这样
I don't like it.
亲爱的,去你房♥间里
Honey, go on to your room.
我只想跟Moose Malloy谈谈
I just wanna speak to Moose Malloy.
我只问你一遍
I'm only gonna ask you once.
我跟你说,我不喜欢烟
I told you, I don't like smoke.
谁让你起来的?
Who told you to get up?
我认为你是个非常愚蠢的人
I think you're a very stupid person.
你看起来蠢,你从事的工作也蠢
You look stupid, you're
in a stupid business
而你在办一件很蠢的案子
and you're on a stupid case.
我知道了,我很蠢
- I get it, I'm stupid.
你不该这么做,Marlowe
- You shouldn't have done that, Marlowe.
房♥间里面充斥着烟雾
- The room was full of smoke.
烟雾直直地悬在空气中,形成一条细线
The smoke hung straight up
in the air in thin lines.
直上直下,就像一幕小小的,干净的珠帘
Straight up and down like a
curtain of small, clear beads.
没有消散,没有飘离,没有移♥动♥
It didn't dissolve, didn't
float off, didn't move.
是一张灰色的网,
由上千只蜘蛛编织
It was a gray web, woven
by a thousand spiders.
我想知道他们是怎么 聚集到一起工作的
I wondered how they'd got
them to work together.
好了Marlowe,我说
OK Marlowe, I said.
你是个硬汉,六英尺的铁人
You're a tough guy, six feet of iron man.
去掉衣物都有190磅,而且脸还洗净了
190 pounds stripped and
with your face washed.
坚硬的肌肉,还没有
经不起打击的下颌,你挺的过去
Hard muscles and no glass
jaw, you can take it.
你被威胁两次坐下,
你被注射满剂毒品
You've been sat down twice,
you've been shot full of hop
忍♥耐下去,直到你
and kept under it until you're
像两只跳华尔兹的老鼠一样疯狂
as crazy as two waltzing mice.
现在这一切意味着什么?
Now what does all that amount to?
常规公事
Routine.
现在让我们看看你做点
Now let's see you do something
真正硬汉做的事情,比如坐起来
really tough, like gettin' up.
我爬在地板上想,
I crawled along the floor thinking,
我他妈怎么样才能钻到门下面?
how the hell can I get under that door?
我感到什么人也在房♥间里面
I sensed somebody else in the room.
我希望那是我噩梦中的一部分,但并不如此
I wished it was part of my
nightmare, but it wasn't.
是Tommy Ray
It was Tommy Ray.
他再也吹不了小号♥了
He'd never blow another horn.
我分♥裂♥着,是让自己走动着
I was torn between making myself walk
还是躺在床上
and wanting to lie down on the bed.
这张床真甜蜜
It was a lovely bed.
它由玫瑰叶制成
It was made of rose leaves.
它是世界上最美的床
It was the most beautiful
bed in the world.
他们从Carole Lombard那里弄来的
(美国女演员,1942年逝世)
They'd got it from Carole Lombard.
对她来说太柔软了
It was too soft for her.
不过我还在与此抗争,还在走动
I was still fighting it
though, still walking.
然后我的大脑为我虚造了一些脚步声
Then some footsteps I heard
made up my mind for me.
我不得不走回床,无论喜欢不喜欢
I had to get back into
bed, like it or not.
我决定假扮成死人
I decided to play dead.
我不需要成为一个鬼样的演员
I didn't have to be a hell of an actor.
起来了,小巴佬,太阳晒屁♥股♥了
- Come on, hillbilly, rise and shine.
快点,Amthor找你
Come on, Amthor wants you.
嘿,你没咽气,是吧?
Hey, you ain't croaked, are you?
如果我有理智的话,我会想办法离开那里
- If I had any sense, I would've
tried to get out of there.
但有些时候,我没什么理智
But sometimes I'm short on sense.
我想到的只有 去抓到Frances Amthor
All I could think of was getting
my hands on Frances Amthor.
这是个老房♥子,建造的像是
It was an old house, built
as they once built them
一旦建了,就不会再建了一样
and don't build them any more.
适合居住,对于从事
Fitting and proper for housing
这个世界上最古老的行业 的住客来说
(最古老的行业指 卖♥♥淫)
the world's oldest profession.
Uh-uh, no no.
那个蜂鸣器今晚对你没什么用
That buzzer's not gonna
do ya any good tonight.
我刚把你的一个小伙子哄睡着
I just put one of your boys to sleep.
你一直是个非常严重的病人
先生,非常严重的病人
- You've been a very sick
man, sir, a very sick man.
我并不推荐你起床活动
I can't recommend you
being up and around yet.
我可能看起来有病,但别被此骗了
- I may look sick, but
don't let that fool you.
我今晚心情极好
I'm in a rare mood tonight.
我感觉能在泡沫中跳舞,
I feel like dancing on the foam,
我能听见报丧女妖呼喊
I can hear the banshees calling.
我已经超过一个月没开枪打人了
I haven't shot anybody in over a month.
威士忌?
Whisky?
不,你先
Nah, you first.
我对这个酒馆已经没有了信任
I've run out of trust in this joint.
敬你的健康,先生,无论还剩下什么
- To your health, sir, what remains of it.
我做了噩梦
- I had a nightmare.
挺傻的,我梦见我被注射了满剂毒品
Silly idea, I dreamt I
was shot full of dope
还被锁进了房♥间里
and locked up in a room.
他们敲击我的头,把我带到一个地方
They knocked me on the
head and took me some place
在那里对我做那些事
where they did that to me.
我模糊的记着什么人在打听Moose Malloy
I vaguely remember somebody
asking about Moose Malloy.
你说的?
You were saying?
我没提到过
- I made no remark.
Malloy有什么重要的?
- What's so important about Malloy?
为什么Marriott被杀了?
Why was Marriott killed?
怎么了,妓院拿走你的舌头?
What's the matter,
cathouse got your tongue?
Malloy到底是什么鬼回事?
What the hell is it about Malloy?
看着,这是把枪
Look, this is a gun.
当你手里有把枪的时候,人们
When you got a gun in
your hand, people are
应该照着,你跟他们所说的,去做
电影精选列表