she ain't coming out.
你是在撒谎
- You're lying.
我也希望我是
- I wish I was.
那是别人
- It's somebody else.
是Velma
- It's Velma.
我跟你说了 是别人
- I told you it was somebody else.
我要你找到我的Velma
I want you to find my Velma.
你是指这不是她?
- You mean that's not her?
别说笑了,嗯?
- No more funny stuff, huh?
嗨 Moose,等一下
- Hey Moose, wait a minute.
这什么地方...
Is there something...
我想不出来 为什么Tommy Ray
I couldn't figure out why
had Tommy Ray had given me
给我张假照片,我现在就要去搞明白
a phoney picture and I wanted
to find out right away.
他整天都不在这
- He ain't been here all day.
这不像他
It's just not like him.
我爸爸会回来么?
- Is my daddy gonna come back?
我正要去帮那个富婆
- I was on my way
to bail out some rich dame's
拿到她的项链 但我无法忘记那个孩子的脸
necklace. but I couldn't get
that kid's face out of my mind.
我路上停了两次车
I stopped twice along the way to find out
去看看Tommy Ray是否在回去路上
if Tommy Ray had returned.
他没有
He hadn't.
这是你的费用 还有我们谈过的15,000美元
- Here's your fee and
the $15,000 we discussed.
好的
- Right.
我们要在峡谷底部的
- We're to make the exchange at the
栅栏处进行交易
barrier at the bottom of this canyon.
- OK.
你进到后面,趴下 躲避视线
You hop in the back,
get down out of sight.
他们一路上都可能看着在,你知道的
They may be watching
all the way, you know.
这辆车显眼得就像
在爱荷华州野餐的时候 穿着高统靴
This car sticks out like
spats at an Iowa picnic.
好了,那就是栅栏处
Well, there's the barrier.
他们在这里了么?
- Aren't they here?
- Shh!
趴下,保持安静
Get down, keep quiet.
看着像个测试,
看看你是否遵守规则
Looks like a try-out to
see if you'll obey orders.
不应该如此
- That can't be.
我要出去看看情况
- I'm going to go out
and take a look around.
别,待在这里
- No, stay here!
你不想要100美元发挥价值了么?
- Don't you want to get your $100's worth?
他们说过就待在车附近
- They said
to stay near the car.
我不会走太远
- I'm not going far.
他怎么找着你的?
- Why'd he come to you?
他告诉我 他从电♥话♥簿找的我名字
- He told me he got my name
out of the telephone book.
你指望我们会信这?
- You expect us to believe that?
我们在他的尸体那 找到了你的名片
- We found your card on his body.
他们发名片送泡泡糖
- They give 'em out with bubble gum.
你说 你把你的车留在了
- You said you left your car at
海滩路 太平洋海岸高速公路上
Beach Road and Pacific Coast Highway.
那我们怎么发现
你的车在Marriott的住所那?
- How come we found your
car at Marriott's place?
就算是Rolfe都知道怎么回答这个
- Well even Rolfe could answer that.
很显然是什么人开过去的
Obviously somebody drove it there.
Marriott身上的15,000美元去哪了?
- What happened to the
$15,000 Marriott had on him?
我拿去买♥♥了国防债券
- I bought Defense Bonds.
好啦,Marlowe,
让我们重新开始,嗯?
- All right, Marlowe,
let's start again, huh?
从开头重新来
From the beginning.
不如我把事情弄简单点,对我们而言,
- Why don't I make it easy on all of us
然后就跟你们说,你们想要听到的那些?
and tell you just what you want to hear?
这个家伙雇我去用现金交易项链
This fairy hired me to exchange a necklace
为了帮他的一个朋友的忙
for cash for a friend of his.
我们开车去到树林,我冲他开枪,
把15,000美元藏了起来,
We drove out to the woods, I
shot him, buried the $15,000,
我把车开到他家,走了15英里
I drove my car back to
his place, walked 15 miles
回到树林,并把自己的头敲晕
back to the woods,
knocked myself in the head
还顺便报了警
and then called the police.
我们可以现在就把你这番话记录在案
- We could book your ass right now.
你知道的,不是么?
You know that, don't you?
那为什么不就继续如此去做,
- Why don't you go ahead
and do it, because if you're
因为如果你们就是在找人认罪,我已经说完了
looking for a confession, I'm fresh out.
好吧,那你觉得发生了什么?
- Well, what do you think happened?
假设Marriott想要钱,
- Suppose Marriott wanted the money and
把我当成替罪羊
figured me for the fall guy.
不就是会这样去做么?
Wouldn't he act just the way he did?
是的,他还顺便自杀了
- Yeah, and
then he killed himself.
他有个同伙
- He had an accomplice.
那个同伙想把我们踢出局,可能
The accomplice was supposed
to knock us out maybe
还拿走了钱
and take off with the money.
只有同伙会跟他玩黑吃黑
Only the accomplice double-crossed him.
他杀了Marriott,他没必要杀我
He killed Marriott, he
didn't have to kill me
因为他认为 你正会像现在这样去做
because he figured you'd
do exactly as you have
想着把我关进监狱里
and try to fit me into the frame.
听着还算吻合
- It fits the facts.
无论如何,只是个推测
- It's a theory, anyway.
中尉,警长想见你
- Lieutenant, the
Commissioner wants to see you.
把他带到我的办公室
- Bring him in my office.
你这次做过头了,Marlowe
You're in over your
head this time, Marlowe.
可能是吧
- Maybe so.
如果的确如此,
那你会起诉我 来弥补这些么?
If I am, what are you going
to charge me to fix it?
我不认为我能帮你处理这些,Marlowe
- I don't think I can fix
this for you, Marlowe.
即使我想要如此
Even if I wanted to.
你现在可以走了
- You can go now.
我们再找你之前,会去查查
We're gonna find out a few more things
关于Marriott的更多事情
about Marriott before we get back to you.
还有 忘了Malloy这事
And forget about Malloy.
你什么意思?
- What do you mean?
他逃去了墨西哥
- He's lammed to Mexico.
谁说的?
- Who says?
警长
- The Commissioner.
好吧,现在...
- Well, now...
我告诉过你 别管这案子了!
- I told you to lay off the case!
这才像话嘛
- That's a little more like it.
好好待着,别去管
Right on the line and no more
墨西哥逃犯的之类屁话
of that lammed to Mexico bullshit.
怎么回事,Nulty?
How come, Nulty?
为什么?
Why?
出去吧, Marlowe
- Get outta here, Marlowe.
记住了,我提醒过你
And remember, I warned you.
你说你要去照看 Marriott的谋杀这事,
- It didn't matter that
you said you were going to
又不是什么大事, Nulty
look into Marriott's murder, Nulty.
我是有工作要做的
I still had a job to do.
Marriott雇我去保护他,我却让他倒下了
Marriott had hired me to protect
him, and I'd let him down.
无论我怎么想,我还是在为他工作
As far as I was concerned,
I was still working for him.
我认识的大多数销赃人,
当我提到翡翠的时候,
Most of the fences I knew
looked like they wanted to
都想过来瞅瞅我
smell my breath when I
mentioned Fei Tsui jade,
但是他们其中一个人
让我去一个唐人街的酒馆
电影精选列表