春天过去了,我第一次感到疲惫
- This past spring was the
first that I felt tired,
我意识到我正在衰老
and realized I was growing old.
可能因为是在洛杉矶
我们仅有的腐朽天气
Maybe it was the rotten
weather we'd had in L.A.
可能因为是
我所仅有的腐朽案件,基本上就是去追查
Maybe it was the rotten
cases I'd had, mostly chasing
那些失踪的丈夫,一旦找到了
a few missing husbands and
then chasing their wives
就去追查他们妻子,以便拿到钱
once I'd found them, in order to get paid.
可能因为就是 朴素的现实
Or maybe it was just the plain fact
我累了,老了
that I am tired and growing old.
我唯一的乐趣就是
The only real pleasure I'd had at all
看Joe DiMaggio(美国传奇棒球运动员)
was following Joe
DiMaggio, pelting the apple
投掷苹果的精彩片段
为纽约洋基队效力
at an incredible clip
for the New York Yankees.
嗯,现在是7月中旬
Well, it's the middle of July now
比起春天,情况更糟了
and things are worse than
they were in the spring.
在春天,我不会躲在
In the spring, I wasn't holed up
昏暗的旅馆里 去和警♥察♥躲猫猫
in a dingy hotel ducking the police.
你好,请帮我接听里士满4421号♥
Hello, let me have Richmond 4421, please.
Nulty中尉,谢谢
Lieutenant Nulty, please.
Nulty!
我在Casa Marina旅馆,502号♥房♥
I'm at the Casa Marina, room 502.
Moose在那么?
- Is Moose there?
一个人过来
- Come alone.
我在问 Moose在不在那
- I asked if Moose was there.
我在说 你一个人过来
- And I said come alone.
又有两起凶杀案
总共就是七起了
- Two more murders,
that's a total of seven.
我想把抓Marlowe进去,
你知道他在哪么?
I want Marlowe brought in,
do you know where he is?
- Casa Marina.
他叫我一个人过去
He asked me to come alone.
这可不是个好主意
- That's not a good idea.
现在你明白为什么
我们想把他抓进去了吧,不是么?
Now you understand why we want
him brought in, don't you?
是的,警长
- Yes, Commissioner.
很好
- Good.
在这等着
- Wait here.
我们要等多久
- How long should we wait?
等到你升到中尉
- Until you make Lieutenant.
谁?
- Yeah?
是Snow White
- It's Snow White.
有没有小矮人跟着?
- With or without the dwarfs?
没有
- Without.
进来吧
- Come on in.
Malloy和你一起在?
- Malloy with you?
放松,好吗?
- Relax, will you?
你看 这里没有地方他躲得下
You know there's nowhere he could hide,
无论是床下还是衣柜
under the bed or the closet.
我必须把你抓过去,这起案子已经明晰了
- I gotta bring you in, this
case has busted wide open
而你就是那个替罪羊
and you're the patsy.
我准备告诉你全部事情...
- I wanna tell you all about it--
不会改变什么
- It won't change anything.
那你到底还听不听
- Are you gonna listen or aren't you?
坐下,好吗?
Sit down, will you?
坐下
Sit down!
我之前做着轻轻松松的工作,每天25美元
I was working on a $25-a-day breeze,
去找个从卡梅拉出逃的15岁小孩
trying to locate a 15-year-old
runaway from Carmel.
一个优等生,主修男性性
An honors student, majoring in men.
她所有的条件都是A,
但不是成绩报告单上的那种
She had all A's, but none
of them on a report card.
她只有一个兴趣,跳舞
She had only one other interest, dancing.
♪ 好像我从前听过这首歌♥ ♪
♪ It seems to me I've
heard that song before ♪
♪ 出自一首常见的老曲落 ♪
♪ It's from an old familiar score ♪
♪ 我对它了解很多 ♪
♪ I know it well ♪
♪ 有趣的是,一段旋律 ♪
♪ It's funny how a theme ♪
♪ 能唤起一段美梦 ♪
♪ recalls a favorite dream ♪
你知道么,你让我想起Harry.
- You know, you remind me of Harry.
你真的好像Harry
You're very much like Harry.
他也是这种类型,你知道的,强壮而冷漠
He was very much the same type,
you know, strong and silent.
我过去也和Harry这样跳舞
I used to dance with Harry like this.
你看,可能我不是这世上最好看的女孩
You know, I may not be the most
beautiful girl in the world
但是你知道,我可以让一个男人像任何人一样幸福
but you know, I could make
a man as happy as anyone.
虽然最后结束时候,
真的很难过,但我挺过去了
Really upset when it
ended, but I got over it.
你说你叫什么来着的?
What did you say your name was?
- Harry.
我父母让你来的,不是么?
- My parents sent you, didn't they?
我不会走的
I'm not going.
听着,你喜欢跳着舞出去,
- Look, would you like
to dance your way out,
走出去,还是想被扛出去
you wanna walk out, or would
you like to be carried out?
这对我来说没什么不同
Makes no difference to me.
你是不知道到我们
取消了个多好的晚宴,
- Do you realize we had to give
up a marvelous dinner party
就是为了从卡梅拉开车过来接你?
and drive all the way down here
from Carmel to pick you up?
听着,你们能不能回家路上再说
- Look, can't you settle
that on the way home?
现在有个小事情要处理
- Right now there's the small matter
25美元加5美元的开销费用
of $25 plus $5 in expense money.
给那男的付钱,Charles
- Pay the man, Charles.
再给他点小费
And give him a tip.
找孩子这事,我不要小费
- I don't accept tips for finding kids.
找宠物也是
Pets, yes.
猫狗5美元,大象10美元
$5 for dogs and cats, $10 for elephants.
谢谢
- Thank you.
进车吧
- Get in the car.
下次她离家出走,去找别人
- Next time she runs
away, get somebody else.
我正试着稳住下半身,
而这时这个男人
I was tryin' to stabilize
below the belt when this guy
像尊自♥由♥女神走向我
the size of the Statue of
Liberty walks up to me.
你是什么人,警♥察♥?
- What are you, a cop?
不,我是你的童话仙女教母
- No, I'm your fairy godmother.
我开始走开...
I started to walk away...
搞私人那玩意的,嗯?
- Private dick, huh?
当我只是一旁沉默着的时候,
- When a hand I could have sat in
一只手抓住了我的肩膀
took hold of my shoulder.
你叫什么?
- What's your name?
Marlowe,你呢?
- Marlowe, what's yours?
Moose Malloy
趴下!
- Moose Malloy.
- Get down!
他眼睛都不眨一下
He didn't bat an eye.
恐惧没有参与建设他的巨型结构
Fear wasn't built into his giant frame.
我想让你为我工作
- I want you to work for me.
嘿 让我猜猜,你想让我找到
- Hey let me guess, you
want me to try to find
冲你开枪的那两个人?
the two guys who were tryin' to shoot you?
我想让你找到我的Velma
- I want you to find my Velma.
我七年没见到过她了
I ain't seen her in seven years.
她六年没有来信了
She ain't wrote in six.
你这七年里呆什么鬼地方了
- Where the hell have
you been for seven years?
牢里
- In the can.
The Great Bend银行抢劫案?
The Great Bend bank robbery?
八万美元?
Eighty grand?
我一个人做的
I did it solo.
有意思不?
电影精选列表