- I was good, honest I was.
我敢肯定你很厉害
- I'm sure you were.
比Velma强
- Better than Velma.
也许没那么漂亮,但我精力充沛
Maybe not as pretty,
but I had a lot of pep.
你知道,这很有趣
You know, it's funny,
她是唯一一个为Mike工作的荡♥妇♥
she was the only tramp
that ever worked for Mike
所以他没有像睡一张床垫一样睡她
that he didn't use like a mattress.
哦?怎么回事
- Oh? How come?
我猜他害怕了
- I guess he was afraid.
她有个男朋友,一个半疯的流氓
She had this boyfriend,
a half-crazy hooligan.
像是啤酒卡车做的
Built like a beer truck.
Moose Malloy.
他进监狱了
He's in the can.
嗯,我知道了
Hmm, I get it.
他出狱了,还在找她,嗯?
He's out of the can and
he's lookin' for her, huh?
你,呃,不知道Velma在哪吧,是吧?
- You, ah, wouldn't have any
idea where Velma is, would you?
- Mmm-mm.
但是我能查清
But I can find out.
如果我喜欢一个家伙,什么都限制不了我
If I like a guy, ceiling's the limit.
再喝杯怎么样?
- How about another drink?
肯定的
- Sure.
这些东西会和我一起无痛地死去
This stuff dies painless with me.
不知道什么是痛
Don't know what hit it.
你这附近不会恰好有
- You wouldn't happen to have a
她的照片吧,是么?
picture of her around, would you?
- Mmm-mm.
但Tommy Ray肯定有张
But Tommy Ray must have one.
Tommy告诉我 他都不知道她叫什么
- Tommy told me he didn't
even know her name.
他为什么这样去说?
- Why would he say something like that?
我不知道
- I don't know.
那个旅馆的名字叫什么来着的?
- What was the name of that hotel again?
- Crescent.
请帮我接听Tommy Ray
- Tommy Ray, please.
Tommy! 我是Jessie Florian
Tommy! Jessie Florian.
哦没事了,没事了,他在这里
Oh it's OK, it's OK, he's here.
这花了Florian太太将近十分钟
- It took Mrs. Florian nearly ten minutes
去让Tommy Ray相信 我是可信的
to convince Tommy Ray that I was kosher.
然后我回到了Ray的旅馆,拿到了
Then I went back to Ray's
hotel to get a picture of Velma
他之前没给我的 Velma的照片
that he'd held out on me.
Andrew,拿到照片了么?
Andrew, got that picture?
我估计肯定差不多有
I figured there must have
been about a couple of
十万个女孩 和花边裤一样可爱
hundred thousand girls who
were as cute as lace pants
在七年前,她们去了好莱坞,
who'd passed through Hollywood
in the last seven years,
然后她们中大多数都脱掉了裤子
and most of them had taken those pants off
在某个时候,试着取得些成绩
at one time or another while
tryin' to make the grade.
所以我去拜访了位 经营着
脱衣舞俱乐部 的朋友
So I went to a friend of mine
who ran a burlesque joint.
他给我了个经济人的名字,
说他知道她们大多数人
He gave me the name of an
agent who knew most of them.
红头发的小可爱
- Cute little redhead.
歌♥舞♥女♥郎
Song and dance gal.
我从未忘记这张脸
I never forget a face.
腿很漂亮,对人也好
Nice legs, too, and generous with 'em.
但这不是Velma
But it's not a Velma.
这是...
It's a...
Linda, Linda Gilbert.
她怎么了?
- What happened to her?
几部Busby Berkeley的影片
(好莱坞歌♥舞片时代最伟大的编导之一)
- Did a couple of Busby Berkeley pictures,
然后她就痴狂了
then she went nuts.
但我真的是指痴狂
But I really mean nuts.
她在哪?
- Where is she?
- Camarillo.
我可以拿走了吗?
- May I?
把Velma Valento的名字改成了
Changing her name from Velma Valento
Linda Gilbert,也没到帮她达到目的
to Linda Gilbert didn't help her make it,
或者是让她远离精神病院
or keep her out of an insane asylum.
就当我看到她时,
我就知道她为什么
As soon as I saw her,
I knew why she hadn't
六年了 都没和Moose联♥系♥
gotten in touch with Moose for six years.
她就没打算和任何人联♥系♥,
She wasn't going to get
in touch with anybody
在她这余下的日子里
for the rest of her life.
我花了两天就找到了Velma
I'd found Velma in only two days.
DiMaggio也干得很不错
(开头提到的美国传奇棒球运动员,后文还有)
DiMaggio was doing pretty good too.
他现在已经连续33场比赛击出安打
He'd now hit in 33 straight games.
离连续比赛的安打记录还差九场
Nine away from the consecutive
game hitting record.
好啊,Marlowe先生
- Hi, Mr. Marlowe.
你可以跟你的五美元
好好告别了,Georgie
- You can kiss your five
bucks goodbye, Georgie.
Di Maggio会一直如此
Di Maggio's going all the way.
我们看着吧,他还有九场比赛
- We'll see, he's got
nine more games to go.
每一场比赛都比上一场更加艰难..
Each game gets tougher than the last..
我知道什么是压力,Marlowe先生
I know what pressure is, Mr. Marlowe.
有一次我连赢了19场
One time I won 19 straight.
所以你最好 好好看
你是怎么花掉这五美元的吧
So you better watch how
you spend that five bucks.
你怎么看待这个希♥特♥勒♥?
What do you think of this guy Hitler?
他咋了?
- What about him?
他入侵了俄♥罗♥斯♥
- He invaded Russia.
拿破仑也是如此
- So did Napoleon.
这个他妈的可比
It's a hell of a lot easier than
连赢42场简单得多,是吧?
hitting a 42 straight, right?
洞悉世界,希♥特♥勒♥入侵俄♥罗♥斯♥
- Read all about it.
Hitler invades Russia.
我想起来 我又失业了
- I was thinking that I
was out of work again,
我的银行账户还在想 潜藏到鸭子底下
and my bank account was still trying to
就在这时 我嗅到了我下一位客户
crawl under a duck when
I smelled my next client.
你是Philip Marlowe,那个私♥人♥侦♥探♥?
- You're Philip Marlowe,
private detective?
是
- Check.
他闻起来挺香
He smelled great.
进来吧
Come on in.
有人推荐你,说你就是那种
- You've been recommended
to me as someone who can
可以被相信的人,呃,还守口如瓶
be trusted to say, ah,
keep his mouth shut.
我想和你谈谈事务
I'd like to discuss a matter with you.
我叫Lindsay Marriott
My name's Lindsay Marriott.
坐下吧
- Sit down.
好吧,有什么问题?
Well, what's the problem?
是一件小事
- It's a very slight matter.
我今天要去见几个人
I'm to meet a couple of men tonight
给他们付些钱
and pay them some money.
我想我需要人跟着我
I thought I'd like to
have someone with me.
你带枪了么?
Do you carry a gun?
有时候,是的
- Sometimes, yeah.
你用不到的
- You won't need it.
可能我一个人去更好
I'd probably be better off going alone
但我不是那种英雄
but I'm not much of a hero.
我还要带着一大笔钱
And I'll be carrying a
large amount of money.
你的?
- Yours?
不,我为朋友干的
No, I'm acting for a friend.
你就是想我过去 握着你的手?
- You just want me to go
along and hold your hand?
我恐怕 我不喜欢你的言辞
- I'm afraid I don't like your manner.
对此 我听到很多抱怨
- I get a lot of complaints about that.
谁把我推荐给你的
Who recommended me to you?
电影精选列表