我在找有没有人 了解
I'm looking for anybody
that knows anything about
对街的Florian酒馆
that place across the street, Florian's?
当它还是个白人酒馆的时候
When it was a white joint?
倒是有个,搞乐队的,楼上210号♥房♥
- There's a man, played in the
band, upstairs in room 210.
这周围有电梯么?
- Is there an elevator around here?
如果有,我也没见过
- If it is, I ain't seen it.
谢谢
- Thanks.
这走廊让我心颤
The corridor gave me the willies.
我总是害怕会在这种地方
It was the kind of place I've always
独自又一文不名地结束一生
dreaded I'd wind up in, alone and broke.
谁在那?
- Who is it?
我叫Philip Marlowe
- My name is Philip Marlowe.
我是一位私人调查员
I'm a private investigator.
我和市政♥府♥,州政♥府♥,县政♥府♥
或者联邦政♥府♥都没有关系
I'm not with the City, the
State, the County or the Feds.
我也不是什么债务公♥司♥的
I'm not with any collection agency.
我在找个Florian
I'm looking for a Florian.
你之前为他工作,不是么?
You used to work for him, didn't you?
进来吧
- Come in.
谢谢
- Thank you.
请,坐下吧
- Please, sit down.
谢谢
- Thanks.
楼下的职员告诉我
The clerk downstairs tells me you
你之前在对面街道有个乐队
used to have a band across the street.
是的,Tommy Ray和Sunrays
- Yeah, Tommy Ray and the Sunrays.
我出了几张唱片
I had a couple of records.
你听过没
You ever hear 'em?
你演奏的什么?
- What'd you play?
小号♥
- Trumpet.
这个,嗯,Florian, 他姓什么?
- This, um, Florian, did
he have a first name?
- Mike.
你知道 我在哪里可以找到他么?
- You know where I can find him?
他死了
- He's dead.
他结过婚么?
- Was he married?
可能吧
- Could be.
知道她住在哪吗?
- Know where she lives?
这对你有什么好处?
- What's in it for you?
工作
- A job.
为谁?
- Who for?
一个家伙在找个名叫Velma Valento的女孩
- A fellow's tryin' to find
a girl named Velma Valento.
记得她么?
Remember her?
她之前也在街对面工作
She worked across the street too.
我不知道他们那些人还有名字
- I didn't know they had names.
这位,嗯,Florian太太,她姓什么?
- This, um, Mrs. Florian
have a first name?
- Jessie.
你,呃,不知道我能在哪找到她,嗯?
- You, ah, don't know where
I could find her, huh?
这里面可有些钱拿
Couple of bucks in it.
好吧,如果你想起来了
- Well, if it comes back to you,
联♥系♥我,嗯?
get in touch, eh?
世事难料
You never know.
再见
So long.
先生,先生!
- Mister, mister!
嘿先生,我爸爸找你
Hey mister, my daddy wants you.
怎么了?
- What for?
你是警♥察♥么?
- Are you a policeman?
不是,你是警♥察♥么?
- No, are you a policeman?
不是,我是棒球手
- No, I'm a baseball player.
棒球手
- A baseball player.
过来
Come 'ere.
Tommy Ray告诉我 她之前登记的
Tommy Ray told me she was listed under
婚前名,Jessie Halstead
her maiden name, Jessie Halstead.
原来她住在一个干燥棕色房♥子里
Turned out she was living
in a dried-out brown house
房♥子前面有一片干枯的棕色草坪
with a dried-out brown
lawn in front of it.
他告诉我 用一品脱波旁
He told me a pint of bourbon
就能变为我最好的朋友
could turn out to be my best friend.
我在想我是否要把它算到开销里面
I wondered if I should
add it to the expenses.
喂,有人在家么?
Hello, anybody home?
Florian太太?
Mrs. Florian?
Jessie Florian?
Tommy Ray说你在这
Tommy Ray says you are.
真的?
- That a fact?
你名字是?
You got a name?
- Oh.
Marlowe.
我是一位私♥人♥侦♥探♥
I'm a private detective.
不可能是Mike,他四年前
- Can't be about Mike, he was poured
就被倒进棺材里了
in a coffin four years ago.
我感觉自己像只苍蝇在外面
- I feel like a fly out here.
进来吧
- Come on in.
我没有时间去整理什么
- I didn't have time to
get fixed up or nothin'.
这就是陪伴我的所有
All the company I got.
起码不会因它争吵
- At least it doesn't
give you an argument.
- Yeah.
好吧,Philip Marlowe,私♥人♥侦♥探♥
Well, Philip Marlowe,
private investigator.
进来吧
Come in.
Tommy Ray还住在街对面的那个地方?
Tommy Ray still living across
the street from the place
和他娶得那个黑鬼 还有那个孩子?
with that nigger he married and that kid?
是的,同一个地方
- Yeah, same place.
差不多毁了他的表演事业,嫁给个黑鬼
- Just about ruined him in show
business, marryin' a nigger.
他去过Mike的葬礼
He come to Mike's funeral.
你来见我是有什么事?
What'd you want to see me about?
我在找个女孩
- I'm looking for a girl.
Velma. Velma Valento.
天热了,嗯?
- A hot day, huh?
有趣的是,当我渴的时候,
我就只能想到这些了
Funny, when I'm thirsty that's
about all I can think about.
碰巧我,呃...
- It just so happens I, ah...
- Ooh!
小心点,先生
Careful mister.
可别掉了 这么值钱的东西
Don't want to be dropping
anything this valuable.
不如你去给我们拿双杯子呢?
- Why don't you step out and
get us a couple of glasses?
不如你坐下来歇歇呢?
- Why don't you take a load off your feet.
谢谢
- Thanks.
- Velma.
你知道的,我也曾从事表演工作
You know, I was in show business too.
哦,是么?
- Oh, yeah?
是的
- Yeah.
唱歌♥和跳舞
Did a song and dance act.
我就是这样遇到Mike的
That's how I met Mike.
我之前为他工作
I used to work for him.
他有个很好的娱乐表演场所
He had a nice place for entertainment.
我真的很怀念事业
I sure miss the business.
无论如何,Jessie Harry
Anyway, Jessie Harry.
那是我的,嗯...
That was my, ah...
那是我的名字
That was my name.
我之前干的很不错
I was good.
有个经纪人还有其他的所有东西
Had an agent and everything.
你看过我的表演吗?
Did you ever catch my act?
没,我不相信我看过
- No, I don't believe I ever did.
♪ 星期一 我忧郁了一天 ♪
♪ I'm blue all day Monday ♪
♪ 星期天 在想你 ♪
♪ Thinkin' of you Sunday ♪
♪ 那一天 我和你 ♪
♪ That's one day when I'm with you ♪
♪ 星期二 就好像我哭了一天 ♪
♪ It seems like I cried all day Tuesday ♪
♪ 星期三 我死了一天 ♪
♪ I died all day Wednesday ♪
♪ 噢,天啊,我多么渴望你 ♪
♪ Oh, my, how I long for you ♪
♪ 然后到了星期四 ♪
♪ And then comes Thursday ♪
我之前很厉害,说真的我之前
电影精选列表