是她给了我生命
She's the woman who gave me life.
她将我哺育成人
Whose milk fed my fragile body.
我的血管里流的 都是她的血
Whose blood flows through my veins.
这些都很重要
Of course it's important.
我的父母都是 保守的人
My parents are square.
他们都看不惯
Neither of them is too happy about the fact
你的母亲带着3个孩子 却没有丈夫陪伴
that your mother has three children and no husband.
单亲妈妈只是一个 暂时的过程
Single motherhood is a transitory state.
凯伦以前结过婚
Karen used to be married.
她很快就会再结的
It could happen again.
但我好像听你说过 你是私生子
But I thought you said you were a love child.
是的 我是私生子
Well, I was a love child.
爸爸和妈妈结婚了 然后私底下生了我
Mom and Dad were married and passionately in love.
我的父母只要一接触 到对方的眼神就会感到疯狂
My parents were mad for each other as soon as their eyes met.
爸爸长得像一个摇滚歌♥星
Dad was like a rock star.
妈妈当时还年轻
Mom was a babe.
剩下的就好像安排 好了一样
The rest was destiny.
他们结婚了
They got married.
他们在沙漠中搭帐篷 一起数天上的星星
And then they camped in the desert and counted the stars.
一百万零三
One million and three.
一百万零四
One million and four.
呀 我父母还曾经 航行到百慕大三角
Jeez. My parents went on a cruise to Bermuda,
但他们吓得都不敢下船
but they were afraid to get off the boat.
我的父母十分恩爱
Mine were in love.
他们深爱着彼此
Deeply, movingly.
世界上唯一能令他们的生活 更加美好的事情就是——
The only thing that could have made their lives better
生下我
was having me.
还是小孩的时候
Even as an infant
我就立志以后一定 要像他们那样恩爱
I aspired to have a relationship just like theirs.
然后妈妈怀了双胞胎
And then the twins were conceived,
我们激动极了
and we couldn't have been more thrilled.
一听到这个消息
Upon hearing the news,
爸爸就骑上他那辆 很酷的摩托车
my father mounted his really cool motorcycle
去给他的孩子 以及未来的孩子的妈妈
to buy the mother of his child and future children
买♥♥她最喜欢的花
her favorite flowers.
突然...
Suddenly...
啊
Aah!
人们发现他的尸体 散落在第九
They found him strewn across 9th Avenue.
以及第十大道上
And 10th.
洛拉 真对不起
Lola, I'm so sorry.
我不是故意的
I had no idea.
很具有讽刺意味 不是吗?
Ironic, isn't it?
你的父母认为我妈妈
Your parents think my mother
是破坏社会公德的人
is the destroyer of our social order.
但她只是一个命运的受害者
She's merely a victim of fate.
什么?
What?
没什么
Nothing.
我喜欢你头发 中间的筷子
I like the chopsticks in your hair.
♪16岁的甜心♪
Sweet 16
♪梦想着自己是 舞会皇后♪
Always acting like a beauty queen
♪幻想着为杂♥志♥拍照♪
Like you're posing in a magazine
卡拉·桑提提以为她自己是 茱莉亚·罗伯茨
Because Carla Santini thinks she's Julia Roberts
而大家对她说的每一句话 都很感兴趣
and the universe is interested in everything she says,
所以总是能无意中听到关于 她的一些事情
you can't help overhearing her.
昨天我和巴格丽女士 进行了长谈
So I had this really long talk with Miss Baggoli yesterday
讨论了戏剧队排演的希腊神话 《皮格马利翁》
about the drama club's production of "Pygmalion."
我跟她说完全照着剧本 演实在是太呆板了
I told her I think it's really rigid to stick to the original.
不照着剧本演?
Not stick to the original?
不照着乔治·伯纳德·肖的 高雅的词句演?
Not stick to the exquisite words of Mr. George Bernard Shaw?
我们又不是英国人 况且现在也不是19世纪了
We're not English, and this isn't the 19th century,
所以我觉得应该改编 一下以反映我们的时代
so I think we should adapt the classics to reflect our times.
经典就是经典
They're classics because they're classic.
然后我跟她说了我的想法
Then I told her about my idea
把故事发生的地点 改为今天的纽约
to move the location to present-day New York
把伊莱扎改成一位收银小姐
and make Eliza a checkout girl.
你打算扮演伊莱扎吗?
You're gonna be playing Eliza?
是啊 那是当然
Well, of course.
我已经说好了
I've already got the part.
当我来到死亡丛林的时候
When I moved to Deadwood,
我真的感到一个传奇 就要诞生了
I really felt that a legend was about to be born.
难道卡拉·桑提提要挡在路中♥央♥ 阻止这一切的发生吗?
Was Carla Santini going to stand in the way of that birth?
巴格丽女士 巴格丽女士!
Miss Baggoli, Miss Baggoli!
我不知道《皮格马利翁》 已经分配好角色了
I didn't know "Pygmalion" had already been cast.
我可以来扮演 伊莱扎·杜利特尔
I would have loved to be Eliza Doolittle.
我现在就可以 证明给你看
Maybe if I could just prove it to you now.
哦 不 不 洛拉
Oh, no, no, Lola.
我已经在公告板 上贴出通知了
I just put the notice up on the board.
预选到周五才会结束
Auditions are not until Friday.
谢谢 巴格丽女士
Thank you, Miss Baggoli.
乔治·伯纳德·肖是一位 伟大的剧作家
George Bernard Shaw is a great playwright.
他也是一个素食主义者
And he's also a vegetarian.
你正好赶趟 洛拉
You're just in time, Lola.
快
Quickly.
我正在向其他人介绍 关于
I'm telling all the others about this idea that I have had
《皮格马利翁》的一些想法
for our production of "Pygmalion."
大家都知道 《皮格马利翁》
Now, as you know, "Pygmalion" is a play
是发生在旧时的伦敦 的一个故事
which takes place in old-timey London.
我认为我们排演的《皮格马利翁》
My idea is that we will set our production of "Pygmalion"
应该发生在现代的纽约
in modern-day New York.
相应的 伊莱扎变成一个超♥市♥的收银小姐
And Eliza will be a checkout girl at a supermarket,
希金斯教授变成纽约大学的教授
And Professor Higgins will be a professor at NYU.
这个主意太好了
That is such a brilliant idea.
这将给这出戏带来 新的反响
That's gonna give the play new resonance
并显得更贴近现代
and immediacy for today.
你是说这是你的主意吗?
You mean it was your idea?
对 洛拉 这是我的主意
Yes, Lola, it's my idea.
我知道我只是一名普通的教师 但我有足够的能力进行思考
I know I'm just a teacher, but I am capable of thought.
为了显得更加时髦
Now, since we're going hip and modern,
我还加了一些当代的歌♥曲
I have also added contemporary songs.
我准备称之为 “伊莱扎摇滚”!
And I am calling it "Eliza Rocks"!
现在 你们每个人 选一首歌♥唱
Now, each of you will be singing a song for me of your choice,
然后再选一小段读给我听
and then you'll be reading a scene for me.
但是我没有准备歌♥曲 或是什么
But I haven't rehearsed a song or anything.
我什么都没准备呢
I'm simply not prepared.
没关系
That's fine.
你可以来段即兴表演
You can just wing it.
我可是把表演当作我的职业 来看待的
But acting is my chosen career.
我的意思是 我该在一个戏院里演出
I mean, I intend to be in theater.
我不想在你们的记忆里留下 不好的样子
I don't want anyone remembering a substandard audition.
那么我们要怎么继续呢?
Then how are we to proceed?
我想 我可以试一试吧
I guess I'll try, of course.
也许你现在就可以试了
Perhaps you could try now.
你来打头炮
You could go first.
好的
Okay.
在舞台上找一个
Take a spot on the stage.
你认为舒服的地方
Anywhere you're comfortable.
如果我们幸运的话 她会演砸
Maybe if we're lucky, she'll fall.
我想唱一首我最喜欢的 乐队
I'd like to sing a song by my favorite band,
Sidarthur的歌♥
Sidarthur.
♪别走啊♪
Don't move on
♪别走啊♪
Don't move on
♪别走 别走♪
Don't move, don't move
♪别走♪
Don't move
♪别走啊♪
Don't move on
♪你将我带出忧伤♪
You brought me to the highest mountain
♪带到快乐的顶峰♪
Out of my deep despair
♪你知道吗 我有多需要你♪
And you don't know how much I need you
♪偎依在你怀中 呼吸你的呼吸♪
To stand beside you, to breathe your air
♪别走啊♪
Don't move on
♪别走啊♪
Don't move on
电影精选列表