Wow. Really?
哇。真的吗?
No. Well, yeah, you walk funny.
不。嗯,是的,你走路很滑稽。
But the background of your phone is you in your hockey gear.
但你手♥机♥的背景,是你穿着冰球装备。
Do you miss it?
你怀念那段岁月吗?
I miss losing myself in something.
我怀念那些,我自身丢失的一些东西。
I mean, I'm fucking lost all day here,*
我是说,我整天都在这里,
but I miss-- I'm never lost in what I'm doing, you know?
但我想念那时,我从来没有迷失在,我做的事情中,你知道吗?
That's exactly how I felt on the basketball court in college.
这正是我在大学篮球场上的感受。
Sometimes, I think that part of me died when I stopped playing.
有时候,我觉得,当我停止打球的时候,那部分的“我”就死了。
Yeah, I'm full of insights like that.
是的,我有很多,类似的真知灼见。
You know, sometimes you have to make your own break.
你知道,有时候你得让自己,有个突破。
Like scheming your way onto a pesticides merger.
比如策划农药公♥司♥的并购。
No, the crop protection sector is growing 30 percent--
不,农作物保护行业增长了30%...
No, stop. You sound like Farouk.
不,住嘴。你听起来,像法鲁克。
Yeah.
是的。
He hates this gig, too.
他也讨厌这份工作。
He's biding his time,so he can sell
his pesticide plant and start making movies.
他在等待时机,这样,他就可以卖♥♥掉他的农药工厂,开始拍电影。
You know what,I actually envy the guy.
你知道吗,我真的很羡慕他。
- What? -Yeah.
-什么? -是的。
He's maybe actually found the thing that he loves to do.
也许,他真的找到了,自己喜欢做的事。
The only thing worse than doing a job you hate
唯一比做一份你讨厌的工作,更糟糕的事情
is doing one that you can just scrape by on.
就是做一份,你只能勉强维持的工作。
- You really are full of insights, huh?
- That one was highly unoriginal.
-你真有真知灼见,对吗? -这个观点,非常没有创意。
That's just something I heard a guy say
at a graduation speech once on YouTube.
这是我在YouTube上一次的毕业演讲上,听到的一个人说的话。
I'd really like to own my own WNBA team.Back home in the Midwest.
我真的很想拥有自己的美国女子篮球联盟球队。回到中西部的家。
- No shit. - Yeah.
-正的吗? -是的。
But law is a decent holding pattern.
但从事法律,是个体面的保持模式。
We'll figure it out.
我们会想出办法的。
And until we both figure it out,you, sir, still have H-O-R-S.
在我们俩都想出办法之前,你,先生,还身在圈外呢。
I need to sink this to stay alive.
我得埋下这个念头,才能活下去。
Fuck.
该死。
- Looks like I lost. - Oh.
-看来,我输了。 -哦。
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
对,对,对。
I'm telling you.
我说的是真的。
No, no, no, no.She wouldn't stop.
不,不,不。她不肯停下来。
(艾克索)
No, she's blabbing about equity kickers.
不,她在说股权酬金的事。
You know, like,"Oh, this is right out of the KKR playbook."
你这道,这就像,“哦,这就是KKR集团的剧本。”
And I'm like, "I wanna see you on my bed, not on my cap tables."
我说:“我想看到你在我的床上,而不是在我的床头柜上。”
Look, I gotta jump. All right? My lunch date just arrived.
听着,我得挂断了。好吧? 我的午餐约会对象来了。
Axl McGee.
艾克索.麦吉。
- How are you? Good? - Yeah, yeah, good.
-你好吗?还好吗? -是的,是的,很好。
Great. Sit down.
太好了。请坐吧。
So-- so you work with Gemma?
那么...那你就是杰玛的同事吧?
Well, LP of hers.
嗯,算是她的“有限合伙人”。
Advise a few family offices,a couple big shops on the street.
给几个家族企业的办公室,几家街上的大商场提提建议。
-Yeah, is she joining? Is she on her way?
-No, it's just us. Just us.
- 是的,她也要来吗?她在路上吗? -不,只有我们。只是我们。
She mentioned the IPO that you're underwriting.
她说了,“首轮公开募股”由你们公♥司♥承销。
Said you're a real thought leader in the energy space.Her words.
说你是能源领域,真正的思想超前者。她的原话。
Well, if she says so.
好吧,如果她这么说。
Brave man,taking any energy company public these days.
勇敢的人,让任何一家能源公♥司♥,在这样的日子里上市。
You're familiar with the energy sector?
你熟悉能源行业吗?
- Enough to be dangerous. - Yeah.
-熟到了,知晓它的危险性。 -好的。
So, we're talking the lowest cost,largest U.S. coal producer in--
所以,我们说的是成本最低,美国最大的煤炭生产商...
How do you get comfortable with pure-play coal?
你们怎么能满足于,只是玩“纯煤炭生意”?
- You know what I mean, like-- - You know, uh...
-你知道,我是说,就像... -你知道,呃...
Use your Bs.
用你的“B头单词”。
Huh?
呃?
When you're in a bind with the buy side,use your three Bs.
当你与买♥♥方陷入困境时,使用你的三个“B字头单词”。
Backwardation. Backwardation.Backwardation.
现货溢价。现货溢价。现货溢价。
The coal market is floating with backwardation.
煤炭市场因现货溢价,而波动。
Spot prices are surging.Forward curve is steepening--
现货价格正在飙升。远期曲线在变陡...
You know something?
你知道怎么回事吗?
I took Western Coal public,I don't know, eight years ago.
八年前,我让西部煤炭公♥司♥上市了。
I'm dating myself here.
我在这里,和自己约会。
They just filed for Chapter 11 for the second time.
他们那时刚刚第二次申请“破产保护”。
Use the three Bs.
用你的三个“B头单词”。
Bifurcation. Bifurcation.Bifurcation.
价格分歧。价格分歧。价格分歧。
The market is bifurcated.
市场会有价格分歧的。
So, met coal is--is not economic to mine.
所以,开采“冶金煤”是...是不经济的。
Of course. But we're talking about low cost,
当然可以。但我们说的是低成本的,
thermal coal production with a solar royalty potential.
动力煤的生产,并且,还有一项太阳能特许权的潜力。
Right?
对吗?
So, what better inflation hedge than a low-cost
commodity player with a green future?
那么,还有什么能比拥有绿色未来的低成本大宗商品公♥司♥,
更好地对冲通货膨胀呢?
Greenwashing.Love it.Hmm.
这下就“洗绿”了。我喜欢这样。很好。
Gentlemen,what can I get for you?
先生们,你们想要点什么?
Chopped herb salad san farro.
切碎的香草沙拉,配谷麦意面。
- Okay? -Gluten allergy? -Intolerant.
-行吗? -对麸质过敏吗? -不能忍♥受。
- So like a protein? -Only if it's wild caught.
-那对蛋白质过敏吗? -除非是野生的。
You're in luck.
你很幸运。
Our Copper River King salmon looks excellent today.
我们的库柏河野生帝王鲑鱼,今天看起来棒极了。
Long as it's poached.
只要它是水煮的。
Gotta love the specialized order.
我喜欢这个特别的订单。
Holding this, poaching that,it's all just a power play.
留着这个,水煮那个,一切都是权力游戏。
The kind of guy who uses the no-asshole rule when hiring
even though you know he's a total asshole himself.
那种在招聘时表明,不招混♥蛋♥的人,即使你知道,他自己就是个混♥蛋♥。
Red sea bream looks good.
红鲷鱼看起来不错。
Coming up.
马上就来。
Bal Harbor.
巴尔港。
You work these three Bs in the conversation...
你在对话中,运用这三个“B头单词”…
You know you haven't had real red sea bream
unless you go to Atlantikos in, uh...
你知道,你没有吃过真正的红鲷鱼,除非你去过亚特兰蒂斯海鲜餐厅,嗯…
Slap me in the goddamn face.
你在打我的脸。
Bal Harbor!
就在巴尔港。
Whoo!
呼!
Mm.
嗯。
So, I'm on this breakaway, right?
所以,我正在突破,对吧?
And I'm shouting, screaming the German word for rebound.
我在喊,喊着德语单词,“反弹球”。
Because I know my left winger's is trailing me.
因为我知道,我的左边锋在跟着我。
- Rebound. - No. It's...
-反弹球。 -不。德语叫...
Pull up the hat.
把头盔打掉了.
Goalie goes down. You're onto this huge rebound.
守门员倒下了。你正在经历巨大的反弹球。
He's Czech.
他是个捷克人。
And you know what the Czeck word for rebound is, right?
你知道,捷克语里“反弹”的意思吧?
- No. - Neither do I.
-不知道。 -我也不知道。
Oh my God.
哦,我的上帝。
Well, look, I gotta run.
好了,我得走了。
I'd love to get eyes on that IPO material.
我很想看看“首轮公开募股”的材料。
-All right. -Real pleasure meeting you, Bobby.
-好的。 -真的很高兴认识你,鲍比。
Yeah, likewise. You got it.
是的,我也是。我马上照办。
(杰克:跟杰玛谈得怎么样?)
(她从未露面。用了“对冲攻略”的B单词。)
Bobby!
博比!
Impressive.
令人钦佩啊。
Axl must really like you.I already got a text.
艾克索一定很喜欢你。我已经收到短♥信♥了。
You've been here this whole time.
你一直都在这里。
Long enough for me to see what I had to.
足够让我看清,我该做什么了。
And what was that?
那要做什么?
How well you make friends!
你有所擅长交朋友啊!
Oh, you have this whole hobnob thing down, don't you?
哦,一场酒局,你就把事儿搞定,不是吗?
I could use that.
我可以用这个。
Just think of it.
想想看。
No more incessant pitch deck revisions.
没有更多的,不断烦人的演示文稿修改。
No Excel models.
不用 Excel 模型。
Just...
只是...
just this.
只是这个。
You create an experience.
你创造了一种体验。
Something the client will remember, a story to tell.
能让客户记住的东西,通过你讲的故事。
Therein lies your power.
这就是你的力量所在。
Then you'd pay me for that.
电影精选列表