I guess you could say this tale revolves around this guy.
我想,你可以说,这个故事是围绕着这个家伙展开的。
He was my boss. He'll be dead soon.
他是我的老板。他很快就要死了。
No, not because that toy gun actually fired.
不,不是因为那把玩具枪,真的开火了。
But because I think I killed him.
而是因为我觉得,是我杀了他。
But let's start at the beginning. Before it all went to hell.
在这一切完蛋之前,还是让我们“话说从头”吧。
After a slew of mind-numbing talks and chats,informational meetings,
经过一系列令人麻木的谈话和聊天,信息会议
and a formal interview called "super dead",
和一个被称为“超级死亡”的正式面试,
you land a full-time job here,the bullpen.
你在这里,找到了一份全职工作,就是这个“牛栏”。
A junior investment banker's home.
初级投资银行家的家园。
The recruiting sales pitch is,
"You have great exit opportunities. Think about that."
招聘的卖♥♥点是:“你有很大的退出机会。想想吧。”
To get you to join,they sell you on the exit.
为了让你加入,他们会在出口处,就出♥售♥你了。
And believe me, we're all trying to get the hell out.
相信我,我们都想逃出去。
But once you're here,you're theirs.
但是一旦你来了,你就是他们的了。
They lure you with fantasy and trap you with fear.
他们用幻想引诱你,用恐惧困住你。
And I know what you're thinking,"Boo-fucking-hoo."
我知道,你在想什么“这真♥他♥妈♥的”
But trust me,this isn't just a story about a bunch of corporate tools
相信我,这不仅仅是一个关于,一堆公♥司♥工具们如何
unraveling in fun and entertaining ways.
以有趣和娱乐的方式,展现自己的故事。
It's about you, too.It's about all of us.
这关系到你。这也关系到我们所有人。
But for now,welcome to investment banking.
但现在,欢迎来到投资银行。
First, we've gotta get this conference call together.
首先,我们得开一个电♥话♥会议。
Let's go over these.Discussion materials.
我们还要复习一下。讨论材料。
A sales pitch to convince a client to buy a company,
一个销♥售♥在其“摊位”上,说服某个客户,去购买♥♥一家公♥司♥,
sell a company,leverage a company,anything a company,
出♥售♥一家公♥司♥,利用一家公♥司♥,一家公♥司♥的任何事务,
as long as the client makes a deal, the bank makes a fee,
the MDs make a juicy bonus.
只要客户达成交易,银行收取了费用,市场总监就会获得丰厚的奖金。
And us junior bankers? We get that.
而我们这些,初级银行家呢?我们会得到这个。
A deal toy.
一座金融交易成交奖牌。
Is Chandler on?
钱德勒在吗?
Someone, loop him in.
谁去通知他一下。
Brandon, you on?
布兰登,你在吗?
Bobby's here.
博比在呢。
I'll loop him in.
我会通知他的。
My job is to put these pitches together.
我的工作,是把这些“摊位”组合在一起。
Bunch of charts, metrics,sensitivity tables with shitty bullet points.
这些带着笨拙项目符号♥的,一堆图表,指标,敏感性分♥析♥表。
Including EBITDA assumptions.
包括假设的,税息折旧及摊销前的利润。
EBITDA, finance term for how much money a company makes.
“税息、折旧及摊销前的利润”,财务术语,表示公♥司♥赚了多少钱。
Sort of.
各种各样的。
The kind of number you pull out of your ass lots of the time.
就是那种,你经常从屁♥眼♥儿里,蹦出来的数字。
And if Chandler sniffs it out,I'm fucked.
如果钱德勒嗅到了臭味儿,我就惨了。
Hello?
你好?
Hey, Chandler, it's Bobby.Can I loop you into the call?
-What call?
嘿,钱德勒,我是鲍比。我能让你加入通话吗? -什么通话?
The Project Monarch call you scheduled for 10 minutes ago.
“君主项目”十分钟前,给你打过电♥话♥。
Oh, yeah, patch me in.
哦,是的,帮我接一下电♥话♥。
-Chandler's on. -We've got a quorum.
-钱德勒进入会议了。 -我们达到法定人数了。
Page one, fine. Two, fine.
第一页,没问题。第二页,没问题。
Actually, add Q3 APAC deals.
实际上,加上第三季度亚太地区的交易。
Easy for me to bullshit around.
我一眼就看出,这是在瞎扯。
Page three looks directionally right.
第三页看起来,方向是正确。
Kill page four.
删掉第四页。
Page five,cash balance looks high.
第五页,“现金余额”看起来过高。
We sweep proceeds from the recent sale of air handling biz?
-Swept them.
我们把最近出♥售♥空气处理业务的收益,扣除了吗? -扣除了。
Accuracy matters.
凡事都要精准。
Conviction matters more.
凡事更要有信服力。
Cap structure pro forma for new unsecureds? -Yep.
形式结构上,是新的无担♥保♥的吗? -是的。
Secureds pari to term loan? -Yep.
定期贷款部分,有担♥保♥吗? -有的。
Revolver cash flow or an A.B.L? - Yep.
是短期循环现金流,还是以资产背书的贷款? -是的。
What?
啥?
A.B.L.
以资产背书的贷款.
Page six. What the fuck?
第六页是怎么回事?
Who chose this shade of orange on the concept chart?
谁在概念图上选择了这种橙色?
Colors are important, too.
加颜色,是为了表示重要性。
Got it.
拿着。
You're amazing.
你太迷人了。
Betty, my analyst. Lifesaver.
她叫贝蒂,我的分♥析♥师。也是“救生员”。
Updated color palette.Beats the old goldenrod.
更新颜色版。采用秋叶金黄色。
Yeah, more like golden shit.
是的,更像是一条“金色的屎”。
[OVER TELEPHONE]:Love it! Moving on.
[结束通话] 我喜欢这个!改吧。
(“君主项目”讨论材料,2022年11月)
(阿伯纳西)
? Oxbridge, what up, lane Let's go! ?
? 牛津剑桥,赛道上怎么样了? 我们上! ?
(新泽西魔鬼冰球队2021-22赛季数据表)
Hey! Devils are on fire, my man.
嘿!恶魔队这下火了,伙计们。
Back-to-back hat tricks for Hughes.
休斯接连上演帽子戏法。
(进三球)
Leads the Eastern Conference in points and plus/minus.
在得分和正负值上领先东部赛区。
Hey, what about Blackwood? Pays to be tall at net, huh?
嘿,布莱克伍德怎么样?在球网前,长得高是有好处的,对吧?
1.9 goals against average.I mean...
平均1.9球。我的意思是…
What do you make of that winger they just signed from Russia?
你怎么看他们,刚从俄♥罗♥斯♥签来的那个边锋?
Markov, yeah. Great release.Flashes of Kovalchuk in his prime.
马尔可夫,是的。球传得绝棒。有着科瓦尔丘克全盛时期的风采。
Right. Hey, gotta get you to a game, man.
没错。我得带你去看场比赛,伙计。
My seats go right behind the Devils net first and third period.
Pretty sweet.
我的座位,就位于魔鬼队第一节和第三节球网后面。很真切的。
I would love to come with you guys sometime.
我很乐意,咱们一起去。
It looks like my dabs are gonna be sippin' bubbly
out of the cup this year, B!
看来我的小♥弟♥弟♥们,今年要从奖杯里喝香槟了,小B!
Hey!Not if my Rangers have anything to say about it, T!
嘿!那得问问我的“纽约游骑兵”们,有什么意见,老T!
-Then you woke up. -Hey, congrats on that Triton deal by the way.
-那你该醒醒了。 -嘿,顺便恭喜你搞定了“特里同交易”。
That was great.I saw the big piece in the journal.
干得太棒了。我在杂♥志♥上,看到了那篇大文章。
I would love to see a case study if you have one.
如果你有案例研究的话,不妨让我也看看。
Sold 'em at nine and a half times.Fully synergized.Bottom of the cycle.
以九倍半的价格把他们卖♥♥掉了。完全地协同增效。周期的底部。
Get the analyst that worked on it work out
a few pages of nuts and bolts.
足以让负责这件事的分♥析♥师,整理出几页的实际操作细节。
That'd be great. Thank you.
那太好了。谢谢你。
? Check 'em out
? 看看它们吧
? Blessing to y'all,lessing us out ?
? 祝福你们所有人,让我们解脱困境 ?
? Too complex for the rest of the town ?
? 对城里的其他地方来说,太复杂了 ?
? Ah, ah, ah, ah!
? 啊,啊,啊,啊!
? Check 'em out
? 看看它们吧
? Oxbridge
? 牛津剑桥
? UK, we reppin' out
? 英国,我们脱困了
That is Tom Abernathy.Another MD I work for.
这位就是汤姆.艾伯纳西。我为之服务的,另一位市场总监。
He invented SPACs,or MLPs, or some shit.
他发明了“特定目的的公♥司♥并购”,或“业主有限合伙制”,或之类的。
Loves talking about hockey.
喜欢谈论冰球。
Especially since I played a little pro minors in Europe.
Last thing I really enjoyed doing.
尤其是我在欧洲打过一些职业联赛。这些是我最不喜欢做的事。
He thinks I look up to him, aspire to be him,and follow the Devils.
他认为我尊敬他,渴望成为他,并追随他,成为魔鬼。
We play this fun game where he pretends he knows
something about hockey and I pretend to care what he says.
我们玩这个“有趣的游戏”,他对冰球似懂非懂,我假装关心他说的话。
Sometimes, that feels like the hardest part of the job.
有时候,这感觉是,工作中最难的部分。
Pretending.
假装。
Another great part of the job?
这份工作的另一个重要部分,是什么?
Flipping the decks.Looking for mistakes.We call 'em "busts".
摊开文本。寻找其中的错误。我们称它们为“突击检查”。
Why are your footnotes in Calibri?
你的脚注为什么用,“无衬线字体”?
You don't want to be fired,do you?
你不想被解雇,对吧?
Why did you engrave your charger with your initials in gold?
你为什么要在充电器上,刻上你名字的首字母?
Uh-uh.Bedazzled in 24-karat gold.
呃啊。24k黄金的珠光宝气。
Probably cost more than the charger's worth.
可能比充电器的价值还贵。
It's the principle, okay? Everyone here takes everyone else's chargers.
这是原则性问题吗?这里每个人,都拿别人的充电器使。
Those sons of a shoe will know not to take mine.
You do not fuck with Farouk.
只有这样,那些狗♥娘♥养♥的才知道,不要拿我的。你不能招惹法鲁克。
- "You do not fuck with Farouk."That's a good line.- You think so?
-“你们不要招惹法鲁克。”这句台词很好。 -你这么认为吗?
Yeah, it rolls off the tongue.
是的,这句话好像从舌头上,掉下来似的。
You do not fuck with Farouk.
你不能招惹法鲁克。
Hey, I heard Lev-Fin was meeting on Project Falcon.You're on that, right?
我听说“乐飞网”要参加“猎鹰计划”。你在项目里,对吧?
- Uh, I don't see a meeting. - Oh, it's more casual.
-我没看到,有什么会议安排。 -哦,也许更随意一些。
Lunch, getting drinks.
午餐时,随便喝点儿饮料。
Isn't one of the MDs on that married to a film producer?
项目里,不是有个市场总监,嫁给了一位电影制片人吗?
-She used to work for Joel Silver.
-Mm. Yeah.I heard she was gonna be there.
-她以前为乔尔·西尔弗工作。 -嗯。是的。我听说她要去。
Son of a donkey.Do you know where?
这帮蠢驴?你知道他们在哪儿开会吗?
I think it was close.
Nobody was Ubering.You can probably still catch 'em.
我想离这儿很近。没有人在叫优步。你或许还能赶上他们在开会。
Oh.And it was a Halloween thing.Like dress-up.
哦。这就像是万圣节的事。还要化妆什么的。
But I don't have a costume.
但我没有一套服装啊。
You're a Christmas tree yeah.I wish your tailor could see this.
你现在,就是一棵圣诞树。真希望你的裁缝能看到。
电影精选列表