这是早上的工作
This is the morning grind.
96万美元吗
$960,000?
操
Shit.
-奖金 是的 -是谁发起的
- Prize money, yeah. - Who's doing that?
-一个电台 对吗 -没错
- It's a radio station, right? - Right.
那是什么电台
What kinda station is it?
我不知道
Beats me.
从来没听说过
Never even heard of it.
他们是AM电台
They're an AM station.
谁听过AM电台
Who listens to AM?
想象一下我们可以用这些奖金做什么
Imagine what we could do with that prize money.
你会怎么做
What would you do with it?
哪四个幸运的人会住在广♥告♥牌上
Where four lucky people will live on a billboard
直到最后一个胜出呢
until only one remains.
成为一名选手 你需要做的就是
To become a contestant, all you need to do
创建一个账户
is create a profile.
我为什么要那样做
Why would I do something like that?
好吧 你没听说那个比赛吗
Well, haven't you heard about the big contest?
没有
No.
好吧 有一场比赛正在进行
Well, there's a contest going on,
如果你是最后一个在广♥告♥牌上的人 你将赢得了一个房♥子
and if you're the last one on the billboard, you win a home.
塔玛拉 你看今天早上的报纸了吗
Tamara, did you read the paper this morning?
怎么了
And why would I?
好吧 看来是我们所谓的竞争对手
Well, it seems our so-called competition
想出了一个愚蠢的比赛
has dreamt up a stupid contest to try and
想让我们的听众收听他们的电台
get our listeners to tune into their station.
哦 现在怎么办
Oh, now what?
好吧 好的
Well, yeah.
WTYT那边的那些笨蛋举办了
These bozos over at WTYT are holding
一个广♥告♥牌比赛
a billboard squatting contest.
开什么玩笑
Are you kidding?
是的 他们想让四个笨蛋
Yeah, they're trying to get four birdbrains
住在广♥告♥牌上
to live on a billboard.
你看到这个了吗
Have you seen this?
没有 但我听说了
No, but I heard about it.
让我猜猜 在我们的一个电台上
Let me guess, on one of our stations.
每个人都在谈论它
Everyone's talking about it.
最后一次 你只提到了一些
For the last time, you only mention things
我们是有偿的 我们只做推广
we're paid to mention, we only promote things
我们是受薪晋升的
we are paid to promote.
除非你让他停下来 否则这一切就完了
This stops now, unless you can show me
一张来自林德韦勒的支票
a check from Lindeweiler.
我的时间很宝贵的 宝贝
My air costs money, baby.
到目前为止 你最喜欢的景点是什么
What has been your favorite XXX sighting so far?
我当时想模仿一下电台播音员
I was just trying to be radio.
模仿电台播音员吗
You were trying to be radio?
我本来试着通过广播说960
I was trying to be radio by saying 960 thousand,
你知道 就像我们的电台名字 960
you know, like our call letters, nine six thousand.
不是96万美元
Not $960,000.
是的 但是正常人不明白
Yeah, but normal people don't understand that.
我们该怎么办
What are we gonna do?
我们最好现在就辞职 这太疯狂了
We might as well just quit right now, this is insane.
嘿 我打了几个电♥话♥
Hey, I made some calls.
嘿 伙计 服务器坏了
Hey, Junior, servers are down.
我想说的是 关于比赛的消息已经传开了
Like I was gonna say, news about the contest is spreading.
我们去了费城和纽约的酒吧
We hit the Philly and the New York pubs.
这可能会破坏平衡
This may break national.
是的 那很好了
Yeah, that's great and everything,
但是我们怎么付这笔钱呢 伙计们
but how are we gonna pay for this, you guys?
我们现在在评估
We're in the ratings basement right now,
我们打算收费 大概20美元一个车位
and we're charging, what, like 20 bucks a spot?
我们把这些加起来 怎么样
So we add that all up, and what do we get?
我们大约能收回多少钱
We get like.
我不知道
I don't know.
大概 300吧
Equals what, like, 300.
冷静 好吗
Chill, okay?
别着急 让我们慢慢来
Just give it some time, let's just ride this out
看看会发生什么
and see what happens.
所有的这些关注肯定会提高收视率
All this attention is bound to drive up ratings,
然后我们可以增加我们的收益
and then we can increase our rates.
有时候 不需要发表任何正式声明
Give it some time, don't make any official statements,
然后坐享其成吧
and just ride the buzz.
好吧 乘势而上
Okay, riding the buzz,
这真是个绝妙的办法
that's an absolutely great punchline.
艾贝尔 你在这里待的时间比任何人都长
Jezebel, you've actually been here longer than anybody.
我爸爸会怎么做
What would my dad do?
他会利用舆♥论♥ 和利用媒体
He would ride the buzz, and he would use the press
他的优势 他会忽略
to his advantage, and he would ignore
他桌上的那堆帐单 真是有其父必有其子
the pile of bills on his desk, so like father like son.
哦 我的上帝
Oh my god.
听起来这是个超级好的建议
Sounds like that's super great advice.
所以我甚至不能和媒体讲话
So I can't even talk to the press.
我们要怎么宣传呢 伙计们
How are we gonna promote this, you guys?
给我点建议
Give me something.
你不需要
You won't need to.
不要在电台公布真正的奖品
Just promote the real prize on the station,
然后在比赛前一周
and a week before the contest,
向媒体更正
make a correction to the press.
啊 所以我对媒体撒谎 这真是个天才的想法
Ah, so I lie to the press, that's the genius idea
现在 对媒体撒谎
right now, lie to the press.
伙计 等等 等等
Dude, wait, hold on.
这不是撒谎 是媒体搞错了
It's not lying, the press screwed up.
我们没有
We didn't.
我会纠正它的 会好起来的
We'll correct it, and it will be fine.
天啊 你什么都不知道吗
God, don't you know anything?
当他们发现我们没有
When they find out that we don't have
比如一百万美元
a million dollars, for instance,
选手们会怎么做
what are the contestants gonna do?
他们会杀了我的
They're gonna kill me.
没人会杀你的
No one's gonna murder you,
而且人们仍然想要参与其中
and people will still wanna be a part of this.
相信我
Trust me.
那个展位现在什么都没发生吗
Why is there nothing happening in that booth right now?
该死
Goddammit!
主持人一直不说话会让观众调台的 罗尼
Dead air kills radio, Ronny!
很抱歉 伙计们 老板需要安慰
Sorry about that, folks, boss-man needed some stroking.
浴火重生
To rise from the ashes to become a phoenix.
我想参加
I'm thinking about entering
这个广♥告♥牌比赛
that billboard contest.
是的 我也是
Yeah, me too.
我们可以一起
We should do it together.
是啊 不过我得问问我父母
Yeah, I'll have to ask my parents though.
你的生活真的那么糟糕吗
Is your life really that bad
你想住在广♥告♥牌上吗
that you would want to live on a billboard?
如果你想谈谈 就给电台打个电♥话♥
Call into the station if you wanna talk about it.
嘿 我能再拿这个换10个吗
Hey, can I trade this in for 10 more?
谢谢
Thanks.
女士们和先生们 先生们 我们今天在这里
Ladies and gentlemen, gentlemen, we're here today
宣布伟大的WTYT 960广♥告♥牌居住比赛
to announce the great WTYT 960 Billboard Sitting Contest.
96万美元 嗯 这是一场比赛
960 thousand dollars, uh, this is a contest,
这是一场比赛 嗯 嗯 好的
this is a contest, uh, uh, great.
我能进去吗 我能进去吗
Can I enter, can I enter?
我能进去吗 我能进去吗 我能进去吗 我能进去吗
Can I enter, can I enter, can I enter, can I enter?
到底谁会拥有这份幸运入选
Who on God's green earth would enter
广♥告♥牌居住比赛
a billboard sitting contest?
这就是我要做的
That's what I'd do.
我希望出现在那块广♥告♥牌上我会赢得比赛
I can be on that billboard, an I will win that contest.
没有人能打败我
There's no one out there that will beat me.
我保证你不会失望
I guarantee you won't be disappointed,
因为这就是我
'cause hey, that's what I am.
电影精选列表