他经营这个地方这么长时间了 你们能想象吗
he kept this place going for as long as he did, you know?
事实上我只有两个月的存款
Basically I have about two months' savings
来维持这里 我想的是
to keep this place going, and what I'm thinking is
我们必须提高效率 来增加收入
we got to raise the rates and bring in the income.
我们得需要更好的收视率来做到这一点
Don't we need better ratings to be able to do that?
是的
Yeah.
好吧 我的意思是 你们更专业一点
Well, I mean, you guys are the professionals,
我不会装明白
I'm not gonna pretend like I know what I'm doing here,
所以如果你们什么想法
so if you have any ideas.
听着 我们没有钱来
Look, do we even have any money for like,
搞宣传
a promotional thing?
我不确定人们是否还知道我们的存在
I'm not sure people still know we exist.
很多电视台都是这样做的
Lots of stations do it to get their brand out there.
赞助一些节目 或者
You sponsor some shows, or...
那要花多少钱
How much would that cost?
几千块吧
A couple thousand.
是的 我们可以做个比赛
Yeah, we could do a contest.
好的 什么样的比赛
Okay, what kind of contest?
我不知道 你知道 得是一些特别的事情
I don't know, you know, something that's memorable.
嘿 我们还拥有那个广♥告♥牌吗
Hey, do we still own that billboard?
我不清楚
I have no idea.
等等 什么 我们有个广♥告♥牌吗
Wait, what, we own a billboard?
你不知道广♥告♥牌的事
You don't know about the billboard?
-不知道 -不
- No. - No.
妈的 这广♥告♥牌是我爸买♥♥的
Shit, my dad bought this billboard.
我们可以在上面干点什么 是的 随便什么
We built forts on it, yeah, whatever.
去看看我们是否还有广♥告♥牌
Go find out if we still own the billboard.
好的
Okay.
在罗斯罗克的停车场
It's on the Rothrock parking lot.
没错 你说对了 老板
Yep, you got it, boss-man.
我想到了
I got it.
我们要举办一场广♥告♥牌居住比赛
We're gonna hold a billboard sitting contest.
什么
What?
是的 三四个住在广♥告♥牌上的人
Yeah, three, four people living on a billboard.
会赢得奖品
To win a prize.
太愚蠢了
That is the stupidest.
伙计
Dude.
这是我听过的最疯狂的想法
Craziest idea I've ever heard.
好吧 也许这很疯狂 但已经足够疯狂了
Okay, maybe it's crazy, but maybe it's crazy enough
让人们收听并保住我们的工作
to get people to tune in and save our jobs.
好的 就像电视真人秀一样 不过是在广播里
Okay, so it would be like reality TV, but on the radio.
差不多 就是这样
Exactly, something like that.
听起来很有意思 可以试试看
It's pretty smart, that could work.
谢谢你
Thank you.
不 就这样 太完美了 好吗
No, this is it, this is perfect, okay?
它可能会改变电台的命运
It could change radio.
慢点 威尔斯
Slow down, Welles.
奥森·威尔斯
Orson Welles.
是的 我知道
Yes, I know.
总之 这将是一场后勤噩梦
Anyway, it's gonna be a logistical nightmare.
我的意思是 一个真正的后勤方面的噩梦
I mean, a really big logistical nightmare,
但是我不知道要干什么
but I don't have anything going on.
所以你是要加入我们 对吗
So you're in.
我的意思是 是的 我想是这样的
I mean, yeah, I guess so.
是的 你是这个广♥告♥牌的主人
Yep, you are the proud owner of a billboard.
是的
Yes!
我们一起干吧
We're doing it.
好的 我们要把这个打造成全美国范围的
Okay, we're gonna make this all-American,
鼓舞人心 而且 你知道的
inspirational, and, you know.
比如独♥立♥的
Like the fight for independence.
独♥立♥的广播
Independent radio.
当然 我想是时候把三角帽拿出来了
Sure, I guess it's time to break out the tricorn hats.
WTYT 960
WTYT 960.
你唯一的选择AM摇滚电台
Your only alternative rock AM station.
谢谢你们今天的到来
Thanks for coming out today.
看到这么多笑脸真是太好了
It's great to see so many smiling faces out there.
深深的感激所有善良的语言
I deeply appreciate all of the kind words
关于我父亲去世的事
you sent me about the passing of my father.
能得到你们社区的支持真是太好了
It's really nice to feel the support of your community.
今天我环顾利哈伊山谷
Well, as I look around today at the Lehigh Valley,
很难不注意到
it's hard to not notice all of
复兴正在发生
the revitalization that's taking place.
旧磨坊被改造成旅游景点
Old mills being repurposed as tourist attractions
还有文化中心
and cultural centers.
好吧 我们WTYT在这里也想要 嗯
Well, we here at WTYT want to, uh,
想要从过去的灰烬中重生
want to rise from the ashes of our past
然后浴火重生
and become a phoenix of opportunity.
女士们 先生们 我们今天来到这里
Ladies and gentlemen, we're here today
宣布伟大的WTYT 960广♥告♥牌居住比赛现在开始
to announce the great WTYT 960 Billboard Sitting Contest.
这将是一个
This will be a...
一个勉强的胜利来对抗
Squeak out another victory against the...
哪四个幸运的人会住在广♥告♥牌上
Where four lucky people will live on a billboard
直到成为最后的冠军
until only one remains.
要成为一名选手 你所需要做的就是
To become a contestant, all you need to do is
在WTYT960网站上提交一个简介和视频
create a profile and a video on wtyt960.com,
和大多数选举一样 得票最多的人
and the most votes you get, the person with the most votes
将成为获得参赛资格
will become our contestants.
听着 我们将接受申请
Let's see, we'll be accepting submissions
即可生效 比赛正式开始了
starting immediately, and the contest starts
在9月1日 再次感谢大家的到来
on September 1st, so thanks again for coming.
还有什么问题吗
Are there any questions?
这只是一个吸引听众的计划吗
Is this just some scheme to drum up listeners?
听着 我们正试图拯救剩下的
Look, we're trying to save the only remaining
利哈伊山谷的独♥立♥电台
independent radio station in Lehigh Valley,
同时创造一些
and at the same time create some
对人们来说的好机会
great opportunities for people.
怎样的
How?
好吧 我们要公布奖品了
Well, we're gonna be giving out prizes
给最终获胜的人
to the remaining person.
比如什么
Like what?
比如96万美元
Like $960 thousand.
还有一个全新的移♥动♥房♥屋
And a brand-new mobile home.
我明白了
Let me get this straight.
你们的AM电台
Your AM station...
另类摇滚电台
Alternative rock AM station.
你的另类摇滚AM电台
Your alternative rock AM station
主持一个居住在广♥告♥板的比赛
is hosting a billboard sitting contest
参加的人可以赢得移♥动♥房♥屋和96万美元
where people can win a mobile home and $960 thousand?
没错
That's exactly correct,
再好不错了
I couldn't have said it better myself.
我可以参加吗
Can I enter?
是的 当然 只要创建一个文件
Yeah, of course, just create a profile
在wtyt960网站上投票
on wtyt960.com and get your votes in.
为什么要举办这样的比赛
Why this sort of contest?
我们想让广播再次变得有趣起来
We want to make radio fun again.
你知道吗
You know?
而且我们想给一些人希望
And we wanna give a couple people hope and,
你知道 这是取得成功的机会
you know, the opportunity to get ahead.
这难道不是美国梦的意义所在吗
Isn't that what the American dream is all about, right?
好的 谢谢大家的到来
All right, thank you guys for coming out,
真的很感激
really appreciate it.
好吧 各位 你们是第一个听到的
Okay, so you heard it here first, folks.
这个电台 WTYT 960 正在播报 听众们
This station, WTYT 960, is giving you, the listeners,
这是一生难得的机会
the opportunity of a lifetime.
公众对此有何反应
And what's the response been from the public
关于目前为止的比赛
about the contest so far?
你知道 我一直觉得
Um, well, you know, I always feel like
总会有人喜欢你做的事
you're gonna have people who love what you do
而另一些人没有
and others that don't,
但总的来说 这是非常积极的
but overall it's been really positive.
电影精选列表