硅谷的失业率在上升
Unemployment in the valley is rising,
越来越多的工人被取代
as more and more workers are being replaced
这个地区的仓库逐渐自动化
by automation at warehouses in the area.
你们的 XXX
Your XXX.
把你的XXX放在任何东西上
Put your XXX on anything in any way,
而且你能赢一万美元
and you can win 10,000 bucks.
我正在尝试处理这些棘手的问题
I'm trying to deal with these serious matters,
就像我们所有人一样 九月是一个非常困难的月份
as we all are, September's gonna be a very difficult month.
你好 伊利哈山谷
Hello, Lehigh Valley!
我们来到960号♥街道为你们现场直播WTYT
We're coming to you live from the great WTYT 960
大屏幕在这里
Billboard Sitting Contest!
没想到会有这样的投票率
No one said we'd have this kind of turnout.
你成功了 老板
You made it happen, boss-man.
是的
Yes.
来吧 大家 让气氛嗨起来
Come on, people, I need some energy here.
你们激动吗 你们准备好了吗
Are you excited, are you ready?
好的 太好了 他们来了
Okay, well, here they are!
请欢迎
Please welcome...
我们的谢尔比·雷诺兹
We have Shelby Reynolds.
埃伦·斯奈德
Ellen Snyder.
乔什·理查兹
Josh Richards.
还有克拉克·汤普森
And Clark Thompson.
我们有四位WTYT公告牌的优秀选手
We have four great WTYT billboard sitting contestants!
他们将住在广♥告♥牌前的帐篷里
They will live on this billboard in a tent
为了赢得一套活动房♥间和9.6万美元的奖金
for the chance to win a mobile home and $96,000.
好的 请参赛者
Okay, will the contestants please
向梯子走去
make their way to the ladder?
所以 利哈伊山谷 你们准备好了吗
So, Lehigh Valley, are we ready to get
伟大的WTYT广♥告♥牌居住比赛正在进行
the great WTYT Billboard Sitting Contest underway?
好的 选手们 开始吧
Okay, contestants, let the ascent begin.
12 11 10 9 8 7
12, 11, 10, nine, eight, seven...
等等 等等
Wait, wait.
这家伙好像有问题 伙计们 嗯
There seems to be a problem with Junior, folks, uh.
摇滚电台
三个月前
现在时局艰难
Times are tough right now.
城市里的每个人都在追逐美国梦
Everyone in this city is chasing the American dream,
幻想着 嘿 为什么不是我
thinking, hey, why not me?
你希望得到什么
What do you expect with only
三个新闻站坐落在艾伦镇
three news outlets in Allentown?
所有的新闻都要报导吗
All of the news to be reported?
这里有一些错误
And there's been some debate
关于艾伦镇的大小
as to the size of Allentown.
根据最新的人口普查报告
According to the latest census reports,
有超过11万8千人生活在我们的城市
we have over 118,000 people living in our city,
他们的平均年薪为16282美元
who make, on average, $16,282 per year.
现在 这和其他城市差不多
Now, that's about as much as other cities.
你没有付水费吗 爸爸
You didn't pay the water bill, Dad?
我得付水费了
I got to pay the water bill.
还有电费
And the electric.
好吧
Okay.
工作他妈的
Doesn't fuckin' work.
嘿 亨利 你能过来一下吗
Hey, Henry, can you come in here for a second?
亨利
Henry?
怎么了 老板
What's up, boss-man?
不要这样叫我了
And don't call me that, please.
好吧 听你的
Well, you are.
你会习惯的
You'll get used to it.
谁来管理这些
Who runs the books?
好吧 是你♥爸♥爸雇我来的
Well, your dad hired me to,
但是还没有完全让权
but never handed over the reins.
我只负责销♥售♥账目 促销活动
I just handle our sales accounts, promotions,
营销还有操作
marketing, and operations.
就是这样
That's it.
好吧 就是这样
Yep, that's it.
我的意思是 没有PNL 或其他东西
I mean, there's no PNL, or something like that?
如果有 我从来没见过
If there is, I never saw one.
我是说 你♥爸♥爸有很多时候
I mean, there were a lot of days your dad
真的很纠结 但是他总能找到办法
really struggled, but he always found a way
让电台保持活力
to keep the station alive.
所以这里没有人知道
So there's no one here that knows
电台的财务状况
the financial status of the station.
嗯 吉泽贝尔可能会
Hm, Jezebel might.
她在这里待的时间最长
She's been here the longest.
嗯 你能去叫她一下吗
Well, can you go get her for a second?
她还要继续广播两个小时
She's on air for another two hours.
我应该怎么管理电台呢
How am I supposed to run a radio station
我什么都不知道
when I don't know anything about it?
拜托 无线电已经在你的血液里了
Come on, radio's in your blood.
不 我对无线电业务一无所知
No, I know nothing about the radio business.
你♥爸♥爸也不懂
And neither did your dad.
他只是跟着他的身体走 而你的身体里有他的基因
He just went with his gut, and in your guts is his DNA.
听着 我不知道该怎么和你说 但是你可以的
Look, I don't know what to say, but you can do this.
我得想办法保住他的遗产
I got to find a way to save his legacy.
我们在座的所有人也都这样
And all of us here want that too.
我们该从哪里开始呢
Where do we start?
欢迎大家 我们今天的嘉宾是凯西·林德韦勒
Welcome, joining us today is Casey Lindeweiler.
他是WTYT公告牌居住比赛的创始人
He's the creator of the WTYT Billboard Sitting Contest
以及WTYT电台的所有者
and the owner of the WTYT radio station.
欢迎你的到来 凯西
Welcome, Casey.
凯西 感谢你的到来
Casey, thanks for being here.
好吧 谢谢你邀请我
Yeah, thanks for having me.
可以谈谈你的经历吗
Tell me a little bit about your background first.
好吧 我从父亲那里继承了这个职位
Well, I inherited the station from my father,
他在几个月前去世了
who passed away a few months ago.
在那之前我是一名住在圣塔莫尼卡的漫画家
And before that I was a cartoonist living in Santa Monica.
你们的电台已经发生了很多变化
And your station has seen a lot of platform changes
在这些年里 不是吗
over the years, hasn't it?
是的 我父亲喜欢与时俱进
Yeah, my father liked to move with the times.
然后现在你是一个播放另类音乐的电台
And now you're an AM station playing alternative music.
是的 他觉得电台模式得进步
Yeah, he felt that AM programming was moving
更适应另类人群 所以他想
more towards the alternative crowd, so he thought,
你知道 坚持和他们在一起 他们是忠实粉丝
you know, stick with them, and they're the loyal fans.
几点了
What time is it?
三点四十五
3:45.
就是这样
Here it is.
哇
Wow.
太糟糕了
It's really this bad.
是的
Yeah.
我不知道会这样
I had no idea.
这就是他的生活
This was his life.
这就是他想要的
It's what he wanted.
好吧 我们去睡会儿吧
Look, let's get some sleep,
然后想一个计划
and come up with a plan,
明天早上再来 好吗
come back at this in the morning, okay?
我睡不着
I can't sleep.
但这个女孩需要
But this girl needs to.
好吧 谢谢你能留下来
Well, thanks for sticking around.
我很感激
I appreciate it.
没问题的
No problem.
好好睡一觉 老板
Get some sleep, boss-man.
你需要好好休息
You're gonna need it.
别这么叫我
Don't call me that.
他爸爸从不让我们等
His dad never made us wait.
嘿 伙计们
Hey, guys.
这会很有趣的
This is gonna be fun.
嘿 好吧
Hey, all right.
好的 谢谢你们能来
All right, thanks for coming down,
很感谢你们能来见我
I appreciate you guys meeting with me.
我在尝试努力把一切都安排好
I've been trying to get everything together
自从我爸爸去世后 我手足无措
since my dad passed away, and I'm not really sure how
电影精选列表