一个愤怒的女人
An angry woman.
她一点也不温和
She's not warm and fuzzy.
她在火上浇油
She's adding fuel to the fire.
米歇尔必须好好想想她变成了怎样的人
Michelle must think about what she's become in her life.
爱荷华州印第安诺拉市 公共图书馆
我不再即兴演讲了
I stopped talking off-the-cuff.
爱荷华州印第安诺拉市 公共图书馆
爱荷华州印第安诺拉市 公共图书馆
不再畅所欲言
I stopped talking freely.
我使用提词器
I used teleprompters.
爱荷华州格林内尔市 五月花酒店
相比以前
I had to be much more scripted
爱荷华州格林内尔市 五月花酒店
爱荷华州格林内尔市 五月花酒店
我只能照本宣科
than I had ever been before.
爱荷华州格林内尔市 五月花酒店
爱荷华州格林内尔市 五月花酒店
我渐渐意识到
I was just, sort of, waking up to...
我们可能成为什么样的人的事实
the truth of who we can be:
就做好最坏的打算吧
so ready to assume the worst in people.
天字第一号♥讲坛 指能提供机会阐明自己观点的重要职位
我唯一能做的就是告诉大家 这些伤到我了
The only thing I can do is share that that does hurt.
天字第一号♥讲坛 指能提供机会阐明自己观点的重要职位
我唯一能做的就是告诉大家 这些伤到我了
The only thing I can do is share that that does hurt.
因为如果假装无事发生 继续活动
Because if we walk around pretending like it doesn't hurt,
那作恶者就会说 "我就开个玩笑而已
the perpetrators just say, "Oh, I was just joking.
政♥治♥就是这样"
It's just politics."
但我觉得不是的
It's, like, "No, no. No, no.
那种行为会直接伤害人们的心灵
That changes the shape of a person's soul."
有一个你认为是家的地方很重要
It's important to have a place that you know as your home.
一个人们认识你 见证你成长
One place where people know you, they've seen you grow up,
一个不需要你伪装和编故事的地方
where people don't have to make up a story about who you are.
家让我感觉踏实
It's what keeps me grounded.
这棵树一直在这里
And this tree has been here forever.
我的初吻就是在那棵树下
This was the tree where I had one of my first kisses.
就是这样
That's it.
她总是不停地弹每一首曲子
She always played everything over and over and over again.
直到弹得完美
It had to be perfect.
- 灯泡坏了 - 是的
- The bulb is burned out. - OK.
你能感觉到这里很暗
You can tell it's stale in here.
这里是客厅
This was the living room.
这个是...
And this is...
被妈妈改造成圣诞节烟囱的散热器
the radiator that Mom turned into a chimney for Christmas.
这里原来是镜子
And there used to be
为了看起来更宽敞
mirrors on this wall to make this look bigger.
我住这儿的时候是青少年
I was a teenager here,
然后我和贝拉克在这里住了一年
and Barack and I lived here for a year together.
但是这个椅子是我爸爸的
But this is my dad's chair.
他总是有这种样式的躺椅
He always had some version of this recliner,
他喜欢坐在这接待客人
where he would sit and hold court.
我们都住在这里的时候
And when we all lived here,
他的立体音响在这里立了一排
his stereo system would be lined up there
和他的扬声器和爵士专辑放在一起
with his speakers and all of his jazz albums.
沙发是那样摆的
And the couch was kind of that way.
他会坐这好几个小时玩音乐
And he would sit for hours just playing.
沉浸在自己的感情里
He would get into his mood
一直听着他的爵士乐
where he would just want to hear his jazz.
他让这个空间充满灵魂
You know, he fills up this space.
我想念我们做过的一切
I think about all that we did,
想念我的丈夫 还有...
and I think about my husband, and...
我一直能想象到
I always think about him
他下班回家走上楼梯
coming home from work, coming up those stairs.
当他走上楼梯的时候有一种上帝回家了的感觉
But him coming up those stairs was like God returning home.
我父亲有多发性硬化症
My father had MS.
这是一种会让人身体逐渐恶化的病
It's a disease that slowly deteriorates the body.
我总是不自觉地想起他去世的前一段日子
I can't help but think of that time right before his death
他挣扎着想出门上班
when he struggled to get out that back door just to get to work,
到最后一刻他都没有放弃
not giving up, not in the least.
虽然他的去世很突然
While his death was sudden,
但却一直环绕在我们心头
it was always looming.
我至今也没能摆脱
The pain of losing him
失去他的空洞痛苦
is an emptiness I still haven't gotten over.
我想起他给予我们的一切
I think about all that he gave us,
和他无法看到的一切
and all that he wasn't able to see.
他总是有办法让他身边的人
He had a way of making people that he was with
感受到他的存在
feel his presence.
他让人们感到自己被爱
He just made people feel loved.
我奶奶来自泰国
My grandma's from Thailand.
我们家的很多文化受到她的影响
A lot of the culture in the house is kind of influenced by her.
我在五岁的时候
And when I was, like, five years old,
穿过一条铅笔裤
I got this little pencil skirt
把围巾这样围过去
and off-the-shoulder top.
是啊 人们应该更关注故事而不是数据
Yeah. I tell people we focus too much on stats and not story.
数据就比如说"你毕业于哪所大学"
Stats are, like, "What college are you from?"
但是你的故事就可以是
But your story is, like,
"你的爷爷是个怎样的人"
"What was your grandfather like?"
"你最喜欢哪个亲戚以及为什么"
"Who was your favorite relative and why?"
你会给那些不想
What advice would you give to someone
变成数据的人们什么建议
who's trying to avoid just becoming a stat?
比如当你上大学的时候
Like, when you go to college
谢拉·阿伦 学生
比如当你上大学的时候
Like, when you go to college
不止是一个绩点3.0的学生
you're not just the kid with the 3.0 GPA,
谢拉·阿伦 学生
谢拉·阿伦 学生
或者当你找工作的时候
or when you're applying for jobs
不止是一个班上最优异的毕业生
you're not just that person who graduated top of her class.
你是如何避免成为一个数据的呢
How do you avoid just becoming a number?
我认为要想让自己不止是一个数据
I think what makes you more than a stat is once you see yourself,
就是不要把自己看待成一个数据
you see yourself as more than a stat,
你要开始想 "我是谁"
and you start thinking, "Who are you?
我在意什么 什么能让我开心"
What do you care about? What brings you joy?"
我希望我的故事能启发你们发现自己故事的力量
And I hope my story urges you to see the power of your story
然后去拥有那个力量
and to own that.
我到毕业季了
Now that I'm going into my senior year,
我在想如何能确定自己在做对的事情
I'm thinking about how to make sure I'm doing the right things.
我看了米歇尔·奥巴马的书之后
So reading Michelle Obama's book,
我们看到她渐渐开始肯定自己
we see that she just slowly started to assert herself,
她所有的不确定因素都在变成
and all those insecurities just become, like...
渺小的声音
small voices.
读到她家庭的相处方式
Reading about how her family works...
我很吃惊
I was like, "Wow.
天哪
Wow."
这不就是我家吗
That's our family.
早上我们会一直跳舞
In the morning time, we dance through our morning routine.
就在走廊上跳舞
We'll just dance through the hallways.
如果他们起床了开启了崭新的一天
If they're up, pleasant and having a good morning,
我就会放音乐 让心情变得很好
we're playing some music, you're kind of in good spirits, so...
这可以让我们所有人都精神振奋
It helps everybody shake off the cobwebs.
昨天的不愉快就让它过去 又是崭新的一天
Yesterday's mistake... It's a new day.
我喜欢这些卷 转过来吧
I do like these curls. Turn, please.
我妈妈愿做出的牺牲让我坚定信念
The sacrifices my mom would make makes me think, like,
"好了 拼尽全力做我能做的
"All right, just strive to do what you can,
为生活中的所有可能做好准备"
and just be prepared for whatever life throws at you."
- 我爱你 - 我也爱你 祝你今天愉快
- I love you. - I love you, too. Have a good day.
我想成功 我也想对别人产生影响
I want to be successful, and I also want to impact somebody.
美国向你们敞开了大门
America opened itself up to you
那场大选改变了历史
with that historic election.
我想在场的每一位都记得
And I think everybody in this room will remember where they were
2008年11月的那个晚上他们在哪
on that November evening in 2008.
结果宣布的那一刻
From the minute that the announcement happened,
世界为我们改变了
the world changed for us.
人们拿着简报进来
People came in with briefing books,
立刻就有世界领导人打电♥话♥过来
and world leaders were calling, right then and there.
所以我们不得不离开宾馆去到竞选现场
So we had to leave the hotel to go to the campaign event,
当总统车队到的时候
and everything is shut down
所有东西都关闭了
电影精选列表