is to be able to have the time to actually reflect...
去发现我发生的变化
to figure out what just happened to me.
这算是一个令人惶恐的时刻
It's kind of the panic moment of,
因为你会想 "这才是真正的我
"Yeah, this is totally me,
这么长时间以来第一次 解脱了"
unplugged, for the first time in a long time."
都准备好了
We are ready.
我终于能动身了
And now I can leave.
看 这并不常见
See, this is not normal.
现在我能走出大门了
Now I can walk out of my door.
早安
Morning.
早上号♥ 谢谢你们
Morning. Thank you.
非常感谢 谢谢各位 早上好
Thanks so much, all of you. Morning.
你的书很棒
Love your book.
多谢多谢
Thank you so much.
我们要你回来
We want you back!
当我们开始谈论巡展时
When we started talking about touring,
我会提前设想"我们要怎么去安排好它
I visualized ahead, "OK, how are we going to do this?
我们怎样才能接触到大多数人 接触到孩子们"
How do we reach the most people? How do we reach kids?"
在你想出方案前 这个过程会很挣扎
And before you knew it, it was just a big thing.
我们有个三天的不定行程
We have a three-day swing
这三天要去塔科马市 波特兰和凤♥凰♥城
that takes us to Tacoma, Portland and Phoenix.
所以我们很难去
So it's hard to...
考察 准备
Finding, prepping,
做出行计划
doing travel arrangements,
还得准备见二十一个脱口秀主持人
and all that stuff for 21 different moderators
工作量爆♥炸♥
is an enormous amount of work.
事情就是这样... 我不知道其中的麻烦
This is where it's like... I don't know the hassle.
但我认为这将会很有趣
But it would be more interesting
能去接触更多不一样的人
to have more people and different people.
- 这会是一个很棒的演出 - 没有借口 必须做好
- It would make for a better show. - No explanation needed.
有没有其他主持人值得考虑
Do any of those other men jump out at you?
比方说 塞斯 詹姆斯 柯南...
Like, Seth, James, Conan...
贾斯汀·比伯
Justin Bieber?
他的话我会看的 不开玩笑
I would watch, I'm not gonna lie.
什么
What?
当我想找出某个有好奇和活力的人
But when I think of somebody, it's, like, curiosity and energy,
还有稀奇..
and sort of a cur...
盖尔
Gayle, you know?
我变得
I'm becoming...
能更平静地说不
more comfortable saying no,
能更有把握地肯定
more confident saying yes...
能够更主动地表达
...and more willing to say...
自身的想法
what's on my mind.
自身的想法
...what's on my mind.
他们说我是第一位男性主持人
They told me that I am the first male moderator.
我们真的在检验这句话 柯南
We're really testing this out, Conan.
懂得如何去融入采访
Knowing how to engage an interview...
- 真的需要技巧 - 真的需要
- It's a skill. - It's a skill.
史蒂芬·科拜尔是热门节目《晚间秀》的主持人
- 科拜尔是最棒的 - 是的
- Colbert is the best. - Yeah.
他会涉猎一些危险领域
He will get into some dangerous territory.
在入住白宫前
Before the White House,
他有在母亲节时 为你把咖啡端到床边吗
did he ever get you coffee in bed on Mother's Day?
他会才怪呢
Nah.
我们聚在这是为了谈论一本书
We are here to talk about a book.
一本书呢 真不是件小事
It's a book. Isn't that something?
大家来到这是因为你写了...
All of these people are here because you wrote...
没人在跳电臀舞吧
Nobody's twerking.
没有 没跳舞的
No, there's no twerking.
- 我们是在读书 对吗 - 没错
- We are reading, y'all. - That's right.
在这些大场馆里我感受到的是
What I experience in these big arenas
万人空巷的震撼
is the power of gathering...
分享各种经历的幸福
of sharing a set of experiences.
我的天啊
Oh, my gosh.
我激动坏了
I'm so pumped.
我懂我懂 快看她
I know, just look at her.
我的天
Oh, my God.
是她吗
I know, right?
大家还好吗
How's everybody doing?
- 宝宝什么出生 - 四周后
- When are you due? - In four weeks.
哇 太好了
Oh, my gosh!
- 你知道孩子的性别吗 - 知道的 是女孩
- Do you know what you're having? - Yeah, a girl.
- 这是我第一个孩子 - 健康强壮
- It's my first. - Strong girls.
- 谢谢 - 恭喜恭喜
- Yes. - Congratulations.
米歇尔的小女儿叫萨沙
- 你好啊 - 我女儿的名字叫萨沙
- Sir, how are you? - My daughter's name is Sasha.
- 你也有个萨沙 - 是的
- You have a Sasha? - Yeah.
她像我女儿那样不听话吗
Is she sassy like mine?
她是我的小冤家
Oh, we have feuds.
她仿制了米歇尔以前穿过的衣服
- 很高兴见到你 - 看看这是啥
- Oh, it's so nice to see you. - Look at you.
你是特地为我做的吗
Did you do this for me?
- 当然 我必须为你穿上它 - 太棒了
- Of course! I had to put it on for you. - It's fabulous!
- 你好吗 女士 - 我很好
- How are you, ma'am? - I'm fine.
- 很高兴看到你 - 见到你太高兴了
- It's so nice to see you. - I'm so happy to meet you.
- 感谢你能抽空来这 - 必须的
- Thank you for taking the time to be here. - Of course.
你好啊 小机灵
Hi, bright eyes!
- 你好吗 - 我很好
- How are you? - I'm good.
我在读大学 我想成为一个图像设计师
I'm in college. I'm going to be a graphic designer.
太棒了 坚持下去 好吗
Excellent. All right, stay on it, OK?
- 谢谢你 - 为你感到骄傲
- Thank you. - Proud of you.
- 谢谢你 - 没事
- Thank you. - All right.
这像是和人们跳了一段情感上 社会学上的舞蹈
It's like an emotional, sociological dance with people.
重要的是我得确保照顾到每个舞伴
It's important to make sure I take every person as they come up.
- 姐♥妹♥们♥还好吗 - 很荣幸能见到你
- How are you guys doing? - It is such an honor to meet you.
- 我是我女儿 - 你多大了 亲爱的
- This is my daughter. - How old are you, babe?
- 我十三岁了 - 真好
- I'm 13. - Oh, my goodness.
- 学校待得怎么样 - 还行
- School's going well? - Uh-huh.
当某人走向我时 眼神不要飘忽
When somebody walks up to me, don't look around,
不要忽视他们
don't look beyond them;
望向他们的眼睛 聆听他们的故事
look them in the eye, take in the story.
你和你女儿们的故事
Your story about your daughters
对那些产后抑郁的妈妈们来说
for moms who are going through postpartum depression...
你的故事就是一种恩赐
And just hearing your story is such a blessing.
所以我非常感谢你 愿上帝保佑你们
So I thank you, and God bless you so much.
- 你有孩子吗 - 有的 我有个一岁的孩子
- Do you have children? - Yes, I have a one-year-old.
为某人分享我的故事
Sharing somebody's story
给了我不曾拥有但很需要的视角
gives me perspective that I need, that I don't get
因为我的互动都被或多或少美化了
because all my interactions are kind of sanitized.
能遇见你真的太好了 太幸福了
It's so nice to meet you. It's so wonderful to meet you.
- 你们是学生吗 - 是的 我们是大学生
- Are you students? - We are. We're all undergrads.
我们是大一的
We're first-years.
这就是我连系人们的方法
So this is how I relate to people,
它也帮我维系着关系
and it helps me stay connected.
天啊 冷静点
Oh, my goodness.
别让我哭 我刚把这妆化好
Don't make me cry. I just had this face done.
调整呼吸 深吸口气
Catch your breath. Take a breath.
- 你叫什么 - 特蕾莎
- What's your name? - Theresa.
- 特蕾莎 - 我非常钦慕你
- Theresa. - I so admire you.
承蒙厚爱
Oh, my goodness.
- 不胜感激 姐妹 - 我没想到我会这么激动
- Thank you so much, babe. - This was unexpected.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
你以为会发生什么呢
What did you think was going to happen?
见到你们真是太好了
It's so good to see you guys.
费城非裔美国人博物馆
...下一个阶段 同时处理他们的恐惧
...next level and deal with their fears.
费城社区活动
...下一个阶段 同时处理他们的恐惧
...next level and deal with their fears.
费城社区活动
我正在慢慢熟悉你们...
I'm getting caught up on what you guys are...
费城社区活动
费城社区活动
我渴望能与年轻人在社区活动中
I crave some longer experiences with young people...
有更多接触
through the community events.
这次巡回能很好地给我提供这样的机会
电影精选列表