approximately half a tennis court.
把药水放进去。
Put the potion in it.
活泼,活泼,活泼,嘘。
Friskity, triskity, briskity, boo.
小甜甜,小甜甜,小甜甜。
Knickerty, knockerty, tockerty, too.
有了这个咒语,妈妈就会活着回来!
And with this spell, Mama comes back alive!
上帝保佑这些骨头。
God save these bones.
特百惠里有什么?
What's in the Tupperware?
货运列车,货运列车
Freight train, freight train
走得太快了…
Going so fast...
他终于告诉你了。
He finally told you.
我不知道他坐哪趟火车
I don't know what train he's on
你能告诉我他去哪儿了吗?
Won't you tell me where's he gone...
这位老人是谁?
Who's this old man?
波比,我想。
Poppy, I think.
你不记得我了。
You don't remember me.
我记得他的味道。
I remember his smell.
我们不能把我女儿丢在沙漠里的汽车旅馆里,
We're not going to abandon my daughter at a motel in the middle of the desert,
埋在公共浴室旁边。
buried next to the communal showers.
你毁了葬礼!
You're ruining the funeral!
他要让她下地狱!
He's making her go to hell!
如果你折磨我们,我们就牺牲你。
If you torture us, we'll sacrifice you.
我明白了。
I understand.
谢谢你的解释。
Thank you for your clarity.
这样吧,我们就别管她了
I'll tell you what, let's leave her
一个人躺在地下直到明天早上。
alone in the ground until tomorrow morning.
然后翻出特百惠盒,开着凯迪拉克带她一起走
Then we'll exhume the Tupperware, bring her with us in the Cadillac
这周末再把她埋在后院里
and bury her again this weekend in the backyard
在兰彻棕榈球场的第七洞旁边
next to the seventh hole at Rancho Palms,
我住在一个带游泳池的漂亮房♥子里。
where I live in a beautiful house with a swimming pool.
同意吗?
Agreed?
-Mmm-hmm。-好的。
-Mmm-hmm. -Okay.
希望在此期间不会被野狼挖出来。
Let's hope a coyote doesn't dig her up in the meantime.
反正我们也无能为力。
Nothing we can do about it anyway.
哦。看那个。
Ooh. Look at that.
今晚,你将得到真正的款待。
Tonight, you're in for a real treat.
我不知道你们中有多少人曾经观察过天文上的椭圆。
I don't know how many of you ever observed an astronomical ellipses before.
我们能举个手吗?
In fact, can we get a show of hands?
没有人吗?
Nobody?
哇。好吧。
Wow. Okay.
嗯,你会看到一个非常简单的点,点,点…
Well, what you're gonna see is a very simple dot-dot-dot...
在你的折射盒里有三个光点,
three pinpoints of light inside your refracting box,
一开始听起来可能不太令人兴奋,
which may not sound very exciting at first,
直到你考虑到那些点是如何自我传播的
until you consider how those dots managed to transmit themselves
穿越一万亿英里的太空,来到这片小小的黑纸板上。
across a thousand billion miles of space onto that little scrap of black cardboard.
每57年两次
Twice every 57 years,
当地球、太阳、月亮
when the Earth, the sun, the moon,
以及银河系的银道面
and the galactic plane of the Milky Way
它们都沿着相同的轨道角度组合,
all combobulate along the same angle of orbital interest,
三个相邻恒星系统的辐射能
the radiant energy of three neighboring stellar systems
引起平行黄道凌日,
induces a parallel ecliptic transit,
这几乎证明了
thus all but proving
天上的调情假说。
the hypothesis of celestial flirtation.
当然,问题在于,这种计算方法行不通。
The hitch, of course, is that the math doesn't work.
但也许有一天你们中的一个
But maybe one of you one day
将是解决这个问题的天才。
will be the genius who solves that problem.
比赛将在30秒后开始。
The event will begin in 30 seconds.
记住,如果你直接看这些椭圆
Remember, if you look directly at the ellipses
而不是通过你的折射盒,
rather than through your refracting box,
你不仅看不到效果
not only will you not actually see the effect
但你会烧掉这些点
but you will burn the dots
直接进入你的视网膜,可能是永久性的。
straight into your retina, probably permanently.
我知道这是事实,因为它们还在我心里烙着印记
I know that for a fact, because they're still burned into mine
从我11岁到12岁
from when I was 11 going on 12.
那时我意识到我想成为一名天文学家,
That's when I realized I wanted to be an astronomer,
这是另一个故事了。
which is another story.
开始吧。
Here we go.
就是这个。
There it is.
噢!
Ooh!
这些颜色真是太亮了,不是吗?
Uh, these are just such marvelously luminous colors, aren't they?
非常令人兴奋的。大家都看到了吗?
Very exciting. Does everybody see it?
我不喜欢。我只看到一个订书钉。
I don't. I just see a staple.
呀!它的工作原理。
Yipe! It works.
你是谢利吗?
Are you Shelly?
是的。
Yeah.
我是你的偶像。你的军衔是什么?
I'm your idol. What's your rank?
指挥秘书。
Commanding secretary.
我自己也是饼干骑兵。
I was a Cookie Trooper myself.
真的吗?哇。
Really? Wow.
75班的人会怎么说?
What'll they say in Squad 75?
嗯?
Hmm?
外星人偷走了小行星。
The, uh, alien stole the asteroid.
舒伯特·格林,原名夏洛克·格兹沃夫斯基。
Schubert Green, born Shylock Grzworvszowski.
《我》的导演,移♥民♥。
Director, immigrant.
以他无限的能量,贪婪的热情而闻名…
Known for his limitless energy, his voracious enthusiasms...
一位著名女演员形容他性感
a well-known actress described him sexually
作为动物,特别是兔子,
as an animal, specifically a rabbit,
和他长久、深厚、亲密的关系
and his long, deep, and intimate relationship
与成功。《我》
with success.
你觉得呢,朗奇?
What do you think, Lunky?
好。
Good.
我不会问这到底是怎么回事。
I'm not going to ask what the hell's going on here.
他的妻子波莉为了一个全明星二垒手离开了他
His wife Polly left him for an all-star second baseman
在排练的第一周。
during the first week of rehearsals.
我的住处。
My living quarters.
《我》哦,玫瑰
Oh, Rose
My Rose Marie…
My Rose Marie...
这个标志。
Sign this.
哦,不。
Oh, no.
这是克拉克的成绩单。
It's Clark's report card.
啊哈。你以为是什么?
Uh-huh. What'd you think it was?
我以为我们已经离婚了。
I thought maybe we were already divorced.
哦。
Oh.
还没有,但最终会的。
Not yet, but eventually.
他又上了光荣榜。
He made the honor roll again.
哦,玫瑰玛丽
Oh, Rose Marie
我爱你
I love you
我总是梦想着……
I'm always dreaming...
我住在迭戈的顶层公♥寓♥。
I'm staying at Diego's penthouse.
克拉克在我妈妈家。公♥寓♥是空的。
Clark's at my mother's. The apartment's empty.
你为什么不回家呢?
Why don't you just go home?
我觉得我不应该一个人待在有真正窗户的大楼里。
I don't think I should be alone in a building with real windows.
化妆剪掉我的头发,刮掉我的脸。
Makeup cuts my hair and shaves me.
服装洗我的工装裤。
Costumes washes my dungarees.
我现在属于这里。
This is where I belong, for now.
好多了。
Much better.
-你穿的是绿色的吗?嗯。
-Did you do the green? -Hmm.
这是伟大的十年,舒伯特。
It's been a great ten years, Schubert.
我一点也不后悔。
I don't regret a second of it.
克拉克仍然爱你。
Clark still loves you.
我依然爱你。
I still love you.
但不像以前了吗?
But not like before?
但不像以前了。
But not like before.
舒伯特·格林住在风景秀丽的海湾里
Schubert Green lived in the scenic bay
塔金顿剧院的
of the Tarkington Theater
小行星城的785场演出。
for all 785 performances of Asteroid City.
漆黑的夜晚,他留下来
Dark nights, he stayed
内布拉斯加州酒店的州长套房♥。
in the Governor's Suite of the Nebraska Hotel.
最后一点。
One last note.
当米琪在第三幕第五场退场时,
When Midge makes her exit in Act Three, Scene Five,
试着让她关上门后再念台词。
try having her say the line after she closes the door.
嗯。也许我们注定要失败。
电影精选列表