It sort of goes without saying, doesn't it?
每个人都知道我们异常聪明。
Everybody already knows we're abnormally intelligent.
这是真的。我妈妈给我做的。
That's true. My mother made it for me.
根据她的幽默感,这应该很有趣,
It's supposed to be funny, according to her sense of humor,
但它不像最初那样搞笑了。
but it's not as hilarious as it was originally.
哦,真的吗?怎么会?
Oh, really? How come?
因为那时她还活着。现在她死了。
Because she was alive then. Now she's dead.
-哦。哈哈。
-Oh. -Ha-ha.
她是什么样的人?
What was she like?
我的…哦,我妈妈?
My... Oh, my mother?
她是…
She was, um...
像这样。
Like this.
你什么时候失去她的?
When did you lose her?
今天早上正式宣布,但我想我已经知道了。
Officially, this morning, but I think I already knew.
你好。
Howdy.
你在上面干什么?
What are you doing up there?
只是在享受沙漠的空气。
Just enjoying the desert air.
-你敢说我吗?-你敢说什么?
- You dare me? - Dare you what?
从这个平房♥跳下去。
To jump off this bungalow.
-这是个实验。-不。
-It's an experiment. -No.
我喜欢重力。
I love gravity.
这可能是我目前最喜欢的物理定律。
It might be my favorite law of physics at the moment.
舞台上的演员们,
Players of the stage,
一群游吟诗人和不墨守成规的人。
a tribe of troubadours and nonconformists.
他们过着非传统的,有时甚至是危险的生活,
They lead unconventional, sometimes dangerous lives,
是什么滋养和提升了他们的艺术抱负
which nourish and elevate their artistic aspirations
照亮人类的处境。
and illuminate the human condition.
接下来,十周后,
Next, ten weeks later,
小行星城首次公开预览的前夕。
the eve of Asteroid City's first public preview.
Apache Plainsliner船上的客厅
A drawing room on board the Apache Plainsliner
开往加利福尼亚海岸。
bound for the California coast.
它是开放的。
It's open.
舒伯特说你得回来。
Schubert says you got to come back.
如果我这么重要,他怎么没亲自来?
If I'm so important, why isn't he here himself?
可能太忙了。忙得没时间去追你。
Probably too busy. Too busy to go chasing after you.
他们派我来的。你知道我是谁吗?
They sent me. You know who I am?
我想是的。替补。
I think so. Understudy.
替补。这是正确的。让我…
The understudy. That's right. Let me just, uh...
他说,如果你哭了,我给你读这个。
He said, if you're crying, I read you this one.
不,不是这样的。在这里。
No, that's not it. Here it is.
如果你生气了,我给你读这个。
If you're hopping mad, I read you this one.
都给我。
Give me both.
他不是这么说的。他说,如果……
Not what he said. He said, if...
都给我。
Give me both.
“告诉她,她是一个高傲、下流的势利小人
"Tell her she's a stuck-up, low-class snob
但她没有理由这么做。
"but she's got no good reason to be.
“如果她辱骂你,你也要以牙还牙。
"If she sasses you, sass her back.
“告诉她,她是个神经质的人
"Tell her she's a borderline neurotic
“有致命弱点。”
"with an Achilles heel complex."
这是第二个。
That's the second one.
“告诉她,她依赖自己的美貌就像依赖一根摇摇晃晃的拐杖。
"Tell her she relies on her beauty like a wobbly crutch.
“这是她最深的弱点。
"It's her deepest weakness.
“告诉她,她很有潜力
"Tell her she's got the potential
真正的伟大,但我说
"for genuine greatness, but I say
“她绝对不可能实现这个目标。”
"with absolute certainty she will never achieve it."
还有别的事吗?
Anything else?
啊哈。他说,如果你冷静冷静,
Uh-huh. He said, if you're cool and collected,
我觉得你看起来就是这样
which I think is what I think you seem to be,
那就意味着你可能真的不想回来了
then that means you probably really don't want to come back
我得把这个给你
and I got to give you this.
读它。-他不是这么说的。
-Read it. -Not what he said.
他说这是私人电♥话♥。就你们两个。
He said this one's private. Just the two of you.
他说……他说……
He said that... He-he said...
“亲爱的金,对不起,我喊了一声
"Dear Kim, I'm sorry I shouted
还说你是个被宠坏的婊♥子♥和小才子
"and called you a spoiled bitch and a minor talent
打碎了你的眼镜,扔出了窗外。
"and broke your glasses and threw them out the window.
"鉴于我一直在考虑你
"Given that I have always considered you
成为最有天赋的在世女演员
"to be the most consummately gifted living actress
"一个有着非凡智慧和品格的人,
"and a person of great intelligence and character,
这些声明和行动
"these statements and actions
并不能准确反映我的真实感受。
"do not accurately reflect my true feelings.
"是的,我可能是一条控制欲很强的蛇,
"Yes, I may be a manipulative snake,
“就像你曾经在我背后形容我那样……
"as you once characterized me behind my back...
“你看,我确实有我的消息来源,但我像爱妹妹一样爱你,
"you see, I do have my sources, but I love you like a sister,
“除了我们相遇那天在浴室的那一次,
"other than that one time in the bathroom the day we met,
我们都知道,这话从来没有重复过。
"which has never been repeated, as we both know.
“我从没想过要伤害你
"I never meant to hurt you
或以任何方式侮辱或冒犯你,
"or insult you or offend you in any way,
“只是用我手头仅有的几件工具试了试
"only to try with the few tools I have at my disposal
“做我的工作,就是让它成功。
"to do my job, which is to make it work.
“原谅我。
"Forgive me.
"我们明晚开业,你来不来都行。
"We open tomorrow night, with or without you.
“没有,我们整个忠诚的公♥司♥
"Without, our entire devoted company
“将遭受彻底的灾难和悲惨的灾难,
"will suffer complete disaster and tragic calamity,
一位名叫康拉德·厄普的天才也将如此。
"as will a brilliant, fragile genius named Conrad Earp.
“有了它,你将享受事业上的胜利,
"With, you will enjoy the triumph of your career,
“这一点也不重要。
"which does not matter in the least.
“重要的是舞台上生命中的每一秒
"All that matters is every second of life onstage
以及我们的友谊。
"and our friendship.
"你的仆人,你的主管,还有,恕我直言,你忠诚的导师,
"Your servant, your director and, if I may, your devoted mentor,
“舒伯特绿色。”
"Schubert Green."
你叫什么名字,替角?
What's your name, understudy?
他们连夜来到了俄亥俄州,
They continued through the night as far as Ohio,
然后下了飞机,赶上了返程航♥班♥
then disembarked and caught the return flight
开演前两小时到达。
arriving two hours prior to curtain.
这位才华横溢的替角立即取代了原来的伍德罗。
The talented understudy immediately replaced the original Woodrow.
我强烈质疑你女儿是否会玩橡皮泥
I strongly question whether your daughter's Silly Putty
类似于任何来自外太空的东西。
resembles anything from outer space.
-不是橡皮泥。-对不起,但我对此表示怀疑。
-It's not Silly Putty. -I'm sorry, but I doubt it.
叫做S'morestozium。
It's called S'morestozium.
-太棒了。-谢谢。
-This is excellent. -Thank you.
这就是机器所做的一切。
It's really all the machine's doing.
你到底懂不懂天文地质学,
What the devil do you know about astrogeology anyway,
杰杰,那是什么意思?
J.J, whatever that stands for?
我只是维护工作。
I just maintain the workings.
雪莉的论点有…
Shelly's thesis is supported by...
脆弱,过时的证据。
Flimsy, outdated evidence.
-你说什么?-我不这么认为。
-I beg your pardon? -Not in my opinion.
事实上,我喜欢橡皮泥或S'morestozium。
I liked the Silly Putty or S'morestozium, in fact.
我只是在引用他的话。
I'm just quoting what he said.
顺便说一句,你儿子的项目今天很可能把我们都害死了。
Your son's project might very well have killed us all today, by the way.
来自养育我们的家庭
Coming from the family that brought us
-电磁死亡射线-这是武器。
-the electromagnetic death ray. -It's a weapon.
-当然是致命的。-所以你承认了。
-Of course it's lethal. -So you admit it.
更不用说大脑互动体的旗帜了。
Not to mention Brainiac's flag.
我是说,他是想挑起第三次世界大战吗?
I mean, is he trying to provoke World War III or something?
喷气推进带是非常安全的。
The jet propulsion belt is eminently safe.
我会让一个八岁的小男孩来做手术。
I'd allow an eight-year-old boy to operate it.
事实上,我做了……里奇的表弟奇普,
In fact, I did... Ricky's cousin Chip,
他还打破了单人飞行高度纪录。
and he broke the solo flight altitude record.
他们很奇怪,不是吗?
They're strange, aren't they?
你的孩子,和正常人相比。
Your children, compared to normal people.
-是的。这是正确的。
-Yes. -That's correct.
——是真的。嗯。
-It's true. -Hmm.
之后是第二个人
After that, the second person
说第一个人说的名字,然后加上另一个。
says the name the first one said, then adds another.
然后第三个人说两个都加上一个新名字。
Then the third person says both plus a new name.
然后下一个人继续往前走,以此类推。
And then the next person keeps going, and so on in a circle.
这是一个记忆游戏。明白了吗?
It's a memory game. Get it?
我将开始。克利奥帕特拉。
I'll start. Cleopatra.
克利奥帕特拉,贾加迪什·钱德拉·博斯。
电影精选列表