个头不是很大 但是有好几排
they're not real big but they're like rows of teeth
就像鲨鱼的牙齿一样
like a shark behind him."
不会吧
"No kidding!"
我初次见到拉里·亨尼格的时候他告诉我
Larry Henning told me when I first met him,
你知道吗 他有两颗心脏和两排牙齿
"You know he's got two hearts and two rows of teeth."
我信了
And I believed him!
然后我常常想见证一下
So I always catch myself to try looking...
每次安德雷和我说话的时候
Every time André talked to me,
我就去找那第二排牙齿
I'd be looking for that second row of teeth!
心想 他应该没有两排牙齿吧
I said, "He couldn't have two rows of teeth,
从来没看到过啊
I could never see them!"
至于两颗心脏 我始终是相信的
The two hearts I believed forever.
其实 安德雷的一生
André's life, in essence,
就是一场大型路演
was one big traveling road show.
一年有300个日夜在路上
300 days or nights a year on the road.
我告诉你 我走过的地方太多了
I tell you, I'm traveling so much,
光去年我买♥♥机票的钱就用了6万7千美元
last year I buy for $67,000 just in airplane tickets.
光机票钱就用了6万7千美元
$67,000 just in airplane tickets?
你最近打算去哪里
Where will you be traveling in the near future?
我猜你会去不同的国家
You'll be going to different countries, I guess.
我下个月会在美国和加拿大之间往返
I'm gonna be between USA and Canada for next month.
然后我会去日本 澳大利亚 新西兰
Then I go in Japan, Australia, New Zealand...
他星期一晚上会在孟菲斯
He would be in Memphis on Monday night,
然后第二天必须到达450英里外的
have to travel 450 miles up
肯塔基州的路易斯维尔
to Louisville, Kentucky, the next day.
然后在后面一天的晚上
Then he would go from
要从路易斯维尔到埃文斯维尔
Louisville to Evansville the next night
并且一周之内光是在同一地区
and wrestle basically for seven times
就要参加7场摔角比赛
just in our territory in that one week.
接下来他又会上路 到下一个地区去
And then, he would hit the road, you know, to the next territory.
他后面一周可能会去佛罗里达州
He may be in Florida the following week.
想想他去日本的次数
Think of all of the times he went to Japan.
而且在他职业生涯早期时 国际旅行
And international travel back in the early days of his career
并没有如今这么顺利
was not as slick as it is today.
他的生活一定是不舒适的
It had to be an uncomfortable life.
对于安德雷在路上的生活
There was no level of comfort
是不可能有舒适可言的
for André when he was on the road.
不方便的地方在于有时候
在旅馆里找不到足够大的床
当我坐车的时候
车总是太小 所以我需要两辆车
是的
That's right!
从没有合适的床 也没有合适的小刀
There was never a bed, there never a knife,
没有合适的叉子 也没有合适的椅子
there never a fork, there was never a chair.
就好像你的一生都在一座婴儿房♥里
It was like if you had to sit on baby furniture
坐在婴儿家具上
your whole life in a doll house.
我记得从肯尼迪国际机场到东京成田机场
I just remember the 14-hour flights
的14小时旅程中
from JFK to Narita in Tokyo
他没办法去洗手间
that I knew he could not go in the bathroom.
那些卫生间太小了
Those lavatories or whatever,
他没办法进去
too small, he couldn't fit in there,
所以他们就拉开帘子
so they have to draw the curtain
他就小解到桶里面
and he would relieve himself into a bucket
然后他们把桶提到洗手间到在马桶里
and then they'd bring it in and dump it into the toilet.
这种事情他每天都得忍♥受
But this is the type of thing he had to endure every day.
当我们在机场里行走时
When we'd walk through the airports
如果他走在我前面
if he got ahead of me,
我就会听见人们说各种各样不好听的话
I'd hear all the unkind things that people would say
就像 噢 我的天 看看那个人
as he'd walk ahead of me, "Oh, my God, look at that guy."
这让我很心痛
And it'd just break my heart,
我觉得这些人根本不了解他
I felt like these people don't even know this guy.
他们在取笑他
They were making fun of him.
他们把他当作怪胎看待
They perceived him as a freak of nature.
这一点让安德雷最伤心
And that hurt André more than anything.
这家伙非常敏感
This guy was very sensitive.
人们从来没看到他的那一面
People never saw that side of him.
但他对我说 老板
But he told me, he says, "You know, boss,
有时候他们嘲笑我 指着我
sometimes they laugh at me, they point at me,
很伤我的感情
it hurts my feelings."
他会哭
He would cry.
你会觉得像他那样的人怎么会哭
You'd never think a guy like that would cry,
但他确实会哭
but he would cry.
他是那个时代很有名气的运动明星
He's recognizable as any sports star of the time.
这还是在NBA篮球赛事
This before the heyday of the NBA
和全国橄榄球赛事的全盛期之前
or, you know, of the NFL.
你可以把他和拳王阿里比较
You can compare him to Ali,
你也可以把他和后来的迈克尔·乔丹比较
you can compare him to Michael Jordan later on.
穆♥罕♥默♥德♥·阿里可以藏在大衣和球帽后面
Muhammad Ali could put on a trench coat and a ball cap.
可巨人安德雷在汽车后座都没法躲藏
André the Giant couldn't hide in the back seat of a car.
安德雷不能去任何地方
André couldn't go anywhere.
他真的没办法 想象一下
He really couldn't. Now, think about it,
他能在纽约的任何地方
where could he go in New York City right now
坐下来喝杯酒
and sit down and have a drink...
而没有任何人来打搅他吗
without people bugging him?
人们不可能不关注他
People would not leave him alone.
你总会被打搅
You're always gonna be bothered.
人们总是会拉着你的袖口
People are always going to be pulling on your sleeve,
摸着你的手 想和你拍照
touching your hand, wanting to take a picture.
他意识到自己是不可能躲藏起来的
He was conscious of not being able to, kind of, hide.
他曾经向我提到
He mentioned to me once that he'd be so grateful
如果每周有一天
if he could have one day a week
我能像正常体型的人一样
in which "I can just walk around
到处走走我就非常感激
and I'll be the size of a normal man.
我可以去看电影 我可以打出租车
I could go to a movie, I could get into a cab,
我可以拥有自己的车 正常的车
I could have my own car, a normal car."
他不止一次说到
On more than one occasion he said,
我希望成为你 哪怕只有一个周末
"I wish I could be you just for a weekend."
唯一让他感到真正舒适的地方是
The only place he was really, really comfortable
当我们回到家里的农场
was when we got home to the ranch.
北卡罗来纳州 埃勒伯
人口 986
在夏洛特 克罗基特摔角公♥司♥的所在地
In Charlotte, where the Crockett promotion was,
他和一个
he became friends with
住在那里的
a guy that lived there
来自埃勒伯的人成为了朋友
who was from Ellerbe.
所以他们会到埃勒伯来拜访
So, they would come to Ellerbe to visit.
他喜欢这个小镇 所以决定买♥♥一座房♥子
And he liked the town, and so he decided to buy the house.
我那时的丈夫 法朗奇
My husband at the time, Frenchie,
当安德雷还在路易斯安那州的时候
he had met André
他就见过安德雷了
when André was in Louisiana.
他打电♥话♥问我们是否愿意
He called up and he asked if we wanted to move up
搬去帮他照看他的房♥子
and take care of his house,
他在埃勒伯有一栋房♥子
that he had a house in Ellerbe,
杰基·麦考利
他想让我们住在那里
and he wanted us to live there.
他告诉我这里让他
He told me that it reminded him
想起了法国和那个
of France and the little town
他长大的小镇
that he grew up in.
他本可以来这里做他自己
He could just come here and be himself.
他可以去便利店
He could go to a convenience store,
这是他在真实世界中不能做的事
which he couldn't do in the real world.
我不了解那些
I don't know of anybody
跑上来说
that even came up and said,
我能要你的签名吗
"Can I have your autograph?"
或者 我能和你合照吗 的人
or "Can I take your picture?"
他会花时间做一些他以前
He would spend time cutting trees and chopping wood
在家里的农场做的事 比如砍树
and the type of things that he used to do
削木头之类的
on his family's farm.
别撞到我了
Don't you run into me!
吓得我跑开
Make me jump.
我们就像是一家人一样
We were like a surrogate family.
他不知道他是否能找到一个
He didn't know if he'd ever find somebody
能够忍♥受他到处跑的人
that could put up with the traveling that he does.
在我们搬进他的房♥子之前 他告诉我
电影精选列表