世界摔角娱乐名人堂成员
大家好
Hello again, everybody,
欢迎收看中南摔角比赛
and welcome to Mid-South Wrestling.
欢迎再次收看
Welcome to another hour
佛罗里达冠军摔角比赛
of Florida Championship Wrestling.
欢迎再次收看激动人心的摔角比赛
Welcome again to an exciting hour of wrestling.
每个地区都有相应的摔角明星
You had certain stars in your territory, in your region,
全明星摔角
本地电视台的信♥号♥♥覆盖到哪
and they were seen as far
你就能在哪看到他们
as your local television coverage would go.
当时还没有全国性的电视摔角节目
Nobody had a national TV show.
孤鹰翻过来 继续开打
Lone Eagle rolling over, and here they come back.
他们又来了 来吧
There they go again, come on.
♪ 为所欲为吧 我是你的小怪兽 ♪
♪ Do what you want, I'm your boogie man... ♪
此时此地 你必须和我摔一场
You have got to wrestle me right here and right now.
♪ 为所欲为吧 我是你的小怪兽 ♪
♪ Do what you want, I'm your boogie man ♪
我们在孟菲斯有个电视节目
We had a TV show in Memphis.
在孟菲斯以北320公里
200 miles north of Memphis,
就到了圣路易斯的区域
then that started the St. Louis territory.
他们的摔角明星和这边完全不同
Then they had a whole set of different wrestling stars there.
东边是卡罗莱纳州的区域
And over to the east was the Carolinas territory,
他们也有一系列不同的摔角明星
and they had a whole set of different stars there.
离开加拿大后 安德雷首次来到美国
Outside of Canada when André first came to North America,
主要在中西部摔角
he was wrestling mainly in the Midwest.
明尼阿波里斯 密尔沃基 底特律
Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Detroit.
在底特律 他被称为"波兰巨人"
In Detroit, he was actually called the "Polish Giant."
在明尼阿波利斯市
And in Minneapolis,
他要么被称为安德雷·罗西莫夫
he was called either André Roussimoff
要么被称为法国巨人安德雷
or André the Giant Frenchman.
巨人这个名字的由来
The name under the Giant,
首次出现是在芝加哥
the first time it actually happened, was in Chicago.
有个公♥司♥想和安德雷预约
There was a promoter there who wanted to book André,
他给这家位于蒙特利尔的公♥司♥打了电♥话♥
so he called the promoter back in Montreal.
他说 你知道
So he said, you know, well,
我们叫他巨人弗雷 巨人弗雷
we call him Géant Ferré, Giant Ferré.
那家公♥司♥的人笑了 他说
So the promoter there starts laughing and says,
总不能叫他精灵巨人吧
"I cannot call him a giant fairy!
精灵巨人在英语中与巨人弗雷谐音
他真名叫什么 他的名字是什么
What's his real name? What's his first name?"
他说 安德雷
So he said, "Well, it's André."
那好 我们就叫他巨人安德雷
"Well, okay, we'll call him André the Giant then."
让我们欢迎世界第八大奇迹
Here is the eighth wonder of the world!
巨人安德雷
André the Giant!
我的天啊 看看这些粉丝
My goodness! Look at these fans!
多么热爱巨人安德雷
In appreciation for André the Giant!
当安德雷在这些地区比赛时
When André started circulating in the territories,
他可能会待六七个星期
he'd come in for a period of maybe six weeks or seven weeks
吉恩·奥克伦德
世界摔角娱乐评论员
然后又去下一个地区
and then was gone and onto the next territory.
女士们先生们 大家好
Hello, ladies and gentlemen,
让我告诉你们我叫什么
I'd like to tell you my name,
你们知道我是谁
you know who I am.
我很高兴回到佛罗里达来看看我的朋友们
I am so happy to come back in Florida to see all my friends.
欢迎你又一次来到中大西洋州份参加
I want to welcome you once again to the Mid-Atlantic states
中大西洋地区摔角锦标赛
for Mid-Atlantic Championships Wrestling.
我很荣幸
My pleasure.
是的是的 我猜我说的是西班牙语吧
Oh, sí, sí. I guess that's Spanish.
安德雷的比赛规模起初很小
André started very small.
他最开始在小镇表演 观众只有10个人
He started in small towns performing in front of
慢慢变成100个人 300个人
10 people, 100 people, 300 people.
沙恩·麦克马洪
当他来到我祖父的区域时
By the time he got to my grandfather's territory,
到了东北部 你就成功了
which was the Northeast, then you had made it,
就是说 到了最重要的时刻
you know, all the way to the big time.
文森·肯尼迪·麦克马洪 又称老文斯
Vincent J. McMahon, Vince Sr,
在职业摔角的全盛期
was one of the real power brokers
曾是最有权威的经纪人之一
in those days of professional wrestling.
他掌握着纽约所有的摔角选手
He had New York.
这里说的纽约是指
We say New York,
北达缅因州班戈市
the territory ran up and down
南抵华盛顿特区的整个大西洋沿岸地区
the Atlantic seaboard from Bangor, Maine, to D.C.
我的父亲第一次发现安德雷
My dad first found out about André
文斯·麦克马洪
世界摔角娱乐主席兼首席执行官
是在他于加拿大露面时
because of the exposure that he was getting in Canada.
有人说 文斯 你得抓住这家伙
Someone said, "Vince, you have to get your hands on this guy.
他是个非常有吸引力的家伙
He's an extraordinary attraction."
所以我父亲就去见了安德雷
So my dad met with André
他们相处得很融洽
and they hit it off really, really well.
然后我父亲就开始与安德雷合作
And my dad started booking André.
我父亲建立了公众对他的看法
My dad built the way the public looked at him now,
作为一种吸引力 一种巨大的吸引力
as an attraction, he was a giant attraction.
安德雷将展示他力量的壮举
André will now demonstrate feats of strength.
2000磅 约合907公斤
瞧瞧 秤砣离地了
Look at this, it's off the ground!
超过整整907公斤的重量
Over 2,000 pounds of solid dead weight.
巨人安德雷完成了不可能的任务
André the Giant has done the unbelievable!
我一开始看到安德雷的照片
I began to see pictures of André,
泰瑞·托德博士
记者
就说 我想把这家伙视为
I said, "I want to cover this guy as a unique
以一种独一无二的形式存在的人类
physical being, a man who's living in a world
一个生活在不适合他的世界里的人
that's not made for him."
拥有2.13米的身高
What's it like to be seven feet tall
和近230公斤的体重是什么感觉
and weigh close to 500 pounds?
在我为《体育画报》所写的文章中
There's a famous photograph that appeared with the article
有张著名的照片
that I did for "Sports Illustrated."
当我们的手放到一起时
Our hands are close together,
你能从我们的手指厚度
and you can see the difference in the thickness of the fingers,
手指宽度和指甲盖的大小中看到差别
the breadth of the fingers, the size of the fingernails.
我在德克萨斯大学
And my collection here at the University of Texas,
收藏着一双低地大猩猩的手掌
I have the hands of a lowland gorilla.
那手掌几乎和安德雷的手掌一样宽
They are approximately as wide as André's hands were.
当你看到他的时候你就知道
You knew you were seeing something unique in the world
你看到了世界上独一无二的东西
when you saw him.
我想你看一看
I want you to take a look,
这脚多大码 安德雷
what size boot is that, André?
22 22码
That's 22, size 22.
约合中国54.5码
再看看我9码的脚
Take a look at that along my size nine.
约合中国42.5码
天气时不时就会变冷
Weather does get chilly periodically.
我词穷了 简直就是一件大衣
My word. It looks like a top coat!
真不敢相信
I can't believe it!
我问问你 你的饮食怎么样
Let me ask you, how about your diet?
你一天吃多少东西
How much food do you eat a day?
吃的嘛
The food...
一天吃四次 食物来自
I eat four times, the food from the...
抱歉 我不太懂英语
I'm sorry, I'm not stuck on English.
他不是世界上口才最好的人
He was not the most articulate man in the world.
但他能用另一种方式表达
He spoke in other ways.
André
André. Oh!
巨人安德雷 身高2.26米
André the Giant at 7'4",
体重230公斤
507 pounds.
正被巨人安德雷用围绳勒住
Being strangled with the rope by André the Giant!
被安德雷压住了
...covered by André!
快看
Look at that!
摔角比赛中最激动人心的一幕出现了
The most exciting thing you'll ever see in the ring!
天啊 快看这个
Oh, boy! Look at that!
有两类比赛安德雷参加得比较多
There are two types of match that André did a lot.
强弱不等赛 即他对阵两名摔角手
Handicap matches, meaning him against two wrestlers,
或皇家大赛
or battle royals.
你会发现这些人 所有这些摔角手
You'll notice that these men, all of these wrestlers
攻击巨人安德雷时似乎都有些犹豫
seemingly a little hesitant to attack André the Giant.
因为 他是如此高大
Because, you know, he was such a big man.
你可以看到他把其他19名摔角手
电影精选列表