and maybe even get to know him."
他就像磁铁一样吸引着她们
They were attracted to him like he was a magnet.
我不太了解他的女朋友们
I don't know about his girlfriends.
不知道他与女性相处得如何
I don't know about his personal relationships
但我知道女孩们都很喜欢他
with women, but I know the girls loved him.
也许是好奇心作祟
Curiosity factor, probably?
我猜的确如此
I guess, I guess.
也许不仅如此
May have been more than that.
也许是他的古龙水很好闻 谁知道呢
Maybe it was his cologne, who knows.
瑞克·福莱尔
世界摔角娱乐名人堂成员
他戴24号♥的戒指 我还能说什么
He wears a size 24 ring, baby. What else can I tell you?
他还穿24码的鞋 还想知道别的吗
And he's wearing size 24 shoes. What else do you want to know?
约合中国56.5码
所有人都理所当然地去满足安德雷
Everyone catered to André, justifiably so.
比如喝啤酒 那就肯定会让他敞怀痛饮
You know, a case a beer, it was always booze,
经常是安德雷想怎样就怎样
there was always whatever it was André wanted.
他喜欢表演摔角
He enjoyed performing,
但更喜欢演出后的派对
but he enjoyed the party afterwards.
安德雷喝酒的故事
The stories about André's drinking
是不关乎他本身的
are almost another level of mythology
另一个层面的传说
from the man himself.
我可以肯定
André was certainly, I mean, one of,
安德雷至少是世界上最能喝的人之一
if not the greatest drinker that ever lived.
我曾亲眼见到他几乎每晚
I, myself, saw him almost every night
都能喝下相当于7000卡路里的酒精
drink 7,000 calories' worth of alcohol.
大概是20到25瓶啤酒和4瓶葡萄酒的量
Say 20 to 25 beers, maybe four bottles of wine,
还常常几种酒混着喝
usually several mixed drinks.
兄弟 有一晚我跟他在一起
Brother, I was with him one night
他喝了106瓶啤酒
when he drank 106 beers.
106瓶
106!
是的 兄弟 这就是巨人安德雷
Yeah, that's André the Giant, brother.
比赛结束后的安德雷酒量惊人
André was a big drinker after the matches.
大多数摔角手大约能喝半打啤酒
Most wrestlers would, like, maybe have a six-pack,
而安德雷至少能喝两打
and André, the minimum that he would ever have is 24.
他喜欢葡萄酒
He liked the wine.
他喜欢在一大早就来一整箱葡萄酒
He'd have them bring in a case to start the day.
那可是整整一箱啊
A case of wine.
我们到了这家酒店
We go to this hotel,
喝啊 喝啊 不停地喝
I mean, drinking and drinking and drinking,
派特·派特森
世界摔角娱乐名人堂成员
转眼就到了睡觉的时间
and all of a sudden, oh, it's time to go to bed.
快走到电梯的时候 安德雷倒了下去
And then we get close to the elevator, André drops.
酒店经理就问 你们打算怎么办
And the manager of the hotel says, "Well, what are you gonna do?"
我说 给汽车协会打电♥话♥叫个车
I say, "Call AAA,
没有别的办法
that's all I can tell you."
当时我也在 但我没去喝酒
I was there. I wasn't there for the drinking,
第二天早上我来到酒店大堂的时候
I was there the next morning in the lobby
他仍旧躺在地板上睡觉
where he's still sleeping on the floor.
无论是谁 没人能赶上他的酒量
Nobody could keep up with him. I don't care who you were.
最深有体会的
Timmy White probably
应该是蒂姆·怀特了
got to know him the best.
我都不知道他是怎么活下来的
I don't know how Timmy White's alive.
蒂姆·怀特
安德雷的教练
更衣室里有个水池是给我准备的
They had a pool going on me in the locker room
以防我陪巨人跑步的时候
when I was gonna drop dead
因体力不支而倒地
from running with the Giant.
在我认识安德雷之前
Before I met André,
我负责推销 帮忙搭建场地等等
I was doing the merchandise and helping set up the arenas
各类杂活
and doing all sorts of stuff.
我对摔角更衣室里的规矩不太熟悉
I wasn't up to speed on wrestling protocol in locker room,
不知道该怎么做
the way you act.
能进更衣室的人
The only people that set foot in the locker room
只有摔角手和裁判
are the wrestlers and the referees.
其他任何人最多敲门 不会进去
Everybody else can knock on the door, they don't come in.
总体就是这样了
Well, that's everything.
喂 你♥他♥妈♥在这干嘛
Hey, the fuck are you doing here?
我在那里做了四天之后 决定加入
I'm like four days on the job. I thought, "I'm in.
成为他们中的一员
I'm one of you guys."
我走进更衣室
I walked into the locker room,
安德雷正坐在那儿
and there's André sitting there,
和提托·桑塔那一起打牌
playing cards with Tito Santana.
提托低下头好像在说 你这家伙进来干嘛
Tito, I saw him put his head down like, "What is this guy doing?"
然后安德雷说 出去
And he said, "Get out."
我就说
So I said,
别误会 我是来给你们干活的
"No, no, no, no, I work for you guys."
我说了给我出去
"I said, get out!"
他推开面前打牌的桌子
He pushed the table away they were playing cards on
站了起来 我顿时懵了
and he got up, and I went,
我的妈呀 最后我落荒而逃
"Oh, my God," and I ran out the door.
但我和安德雷渐渐熟了起来
But André and I got to know each other.
就成为了最好的朋友
We became best friends.
文斯告诉我安德雷想请我和他一起旅行
Vince said, "André's requested that you travel with him."
我说可以 他问我确定吗 我说当然
I said, "No problem." He said, "Really?" I said, "Yeah!"
然后我们就出发 结果是去跑步
And then we were off and running.
他那灿烂的笑容和幽默感
It was his big smile, his sense of humor,
有时虽然有些反常 但真的让我很开心
which was a little bit warped sometimes, but made me laugh.
你能跟安德雷比比手掌吗
Man: Compare your hand with André's, will you, please?
阿尔弗雷德勋爵你的个头可不小了
You're a big man, Lord Alfred.
我的老天爷 你人呢
Oh, my goodness! Where did you go?
安德雷喜欢笑 他就喜欢那样
André just loved to laugh. He just loved that.
他还很享受放屁
André so enjoyed flatulence.
每次他放屁 那真是
When he passed gas, it was...
真是个大工程
it was an event.
放屁是他的标志性动作
Flatulence, that was his trademark.
他有个诀窍 是举起左腿
And he had a real knack for lifting his left leg.
当我看见他摆出要发动的姿势
I would see him go into the launch position
我就说 天哪 要来了
and I'd say, "Oh, my God, here it comes."
你绝对没听过那仗势
You never heard anything like it.
听起来就像一个正在低吼的怪物
It sounded like, you know, like a deep roar kind of thing.
隆隆作响
It would rumble.
安德雷放屁的声音吗
The sound of André takin' a fart?
那可响了
Well, they were loud.
人♥大♥ 屁也响
Big man, big fart!
他就爱跟你一起在电梯里的时候
He loved to get you in an elevator
放一个长达30秒的屁
and cut one of those long 30-second farts
就像皮肤碰撞在一起的那种声音
that sounded like skin was flapping together.
我记得每次我们包机的时候
I remember every once in a while we'd charter a plane,
飞行员感觉几乎就像
but to see the pilots almost
有人拿烟熏了他的眼睛一样睁不开
like somebody gets smoke in their eyes,
我说 安德雷你会害我们飞机失事的
I'm like, "You're gonna wreck the plane, André.
你不能放那样的屁
You can't fart like that in your pants."
飞行员会骂骂咧咧地说
And the pilots would be, "GD this, F that,
我再也不上这架飞机了
I'm never getting on this plane again."
他自身惊人的体型
Because of his incredible size,
和他所生活的那个时代
because of the era that he lived in,
共同造就了一个神话般的安德雷
everything about him is mythology.
那些最疯狂最古怪的故事
The wildest, most outlandish stories
正是公众意识当中的主要内容
are what takes hold in the public consciousness.
任意编造一个关于安德雷的事情
You could say anything about André
人们都会相信
and people would believe it.
比如说
You know, his...
他戒指的尺寸比你的手腕还要大
the ring on his finger is bigger than your wrist.
真的吗 好吧 你肯定相信
"Oh, really? Okay." You could believe that.
这是巨人安德雷的物品
This belongs to André the Giant.
一枚戒指 你相不相信
This is his ring, and I kid you not,
我能放三根手指进去
I can get all three fingers in that ring.
真是枚漂亮的戒指 谢谢你 安德雷
Beautiful ring indeed, and thank you, André.
我曾经对别人说
I used to say to people
安德雷有82颗牙齿
that André has 82 teeth.
他们居然相信了
And they believed it.
我说 真的 你去看他的牙齿
I said, "Yeah, and it's kinda like when you see his teeth
电影精选列表