I thought, "This can't be the place where I lived,Oklahoma City."
我想,“这不可能是我住过的,那个俄克拉荷马城。”
It reminded me of Beirut.
它让我想起了贝鲁特。
[siren wailing]
[警笛呼啸]
(1983年贝鲁特美国大使♥馆♥爆♥炸♥案)
It brought back memories of the Marine barracks,
and the embassy bombing,
它勾起了我对海军陆战队兵营爆♥炸♥案,大使♥馆♥爆♥炸♥案
and other terrorist attacks that I covered.
以及我报道过的,其他恐怖袭击的回忆。
And I said, "This is Oklahoma, this can't happen here."
我说,“这可是俄克拉何马州府啊!这种事不可能发生在这里。”
A U.S. government source has told CBS News
一位美国政♥府♥消息人士,告诉哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥新闻部,
it has Middle East terrorism written all over it.
这是中东恐♥怖♥主♥义♥的标志。
[Boettcher] Everyone was thinking Arab terrorism
[博特切尔]每个人都在想阿♥拉♥伯恐♥怖♥主♥义♥
because there'd been an attempt to bomb the World Trade Center...
因为有人企图炸毁世贸中心...
and the bombers,they were from the Middle East.
而爆♥炸♥袭击者来自中东地区。
(1993年2月26日,世界贸易中心爆♥炸♥案)
But I went to NBC and said,
我去全国广播公♥司♥新闻部,我说,
"Let me put together a team to investigate this."
“让我组织一个团队,来调查这件事。”
The first person I thought of was Bob Sands.
我想到的第一个人是鲍勃·桑兹。
I have this friend,and he had done some work
for some far right-wing people in Duncan, Oklahoma.
我有一个朋友,他曾在俄克拉何马州邓肯市,为一些极右翼人士做过一些工作。
(鲍勃.桑兹,全国广播公♥司♥调查记者)
So I said, "Just check the boards and see what the chatter is."
于是我说:“去搜索网络各论♥坛♥的公告板,看看聊天室里,都在聊什么。”
- [dial-up modem screeching] - [keyboard clacking]
-[拨号♥调制解调器狂响] -[键盘狂敲]
[Sands] About an hour later he called and said,
[桑兹]大约一个小时后,他打电♥话♥说,
"You're not gonna believe this.You need to come here."
“你不会相信的。你得过来亲眼看看。”
People were just going ape over it in the far right,the militia movement,
在极右翼论♥坛♥中,在民兵运动论♥坛♥中,那里的人们,对此感狂热兴奋,
saying, "Who did this? What's that all about? That's awesome."
说,“这是谁干的?这是怎么回事?太棒了。”
I would just ask that you and the American people
not rush to any conclusions
我只要求你和美国人♥民♥,不要急于在没有已知证据支持的情况下,妄下结论,
unsupported by known evidence and that
we give investigators the space they need to do their job.
我们要给调查人员足够的空间,来完成他们的工作。
[Clinton] My initial reaction was, first of all,to try to
get everybody to calm down and not react with their words.
[克♥林♥顿♥]我最初的反应是,首先,试着让每个人都冷静下来,不要顺着他们的话做回应。
I didn't want to stir whatever was going on up any more.
我不想再搅乱,正在进行的工作了。
(比尔.克♥林♥顿♥,1993-2201年美国总统)
And everyone immediately assumed
that it was a Muslim extremist attack,
所有人都立刻认为,这是一次穆♥斯♥林♥极端分子的袭击,
and I wasn't so sure.
我当时还不太确定。
- Shoot from the waist...
从腰部射击...
(北阿肯色)
[Clinton] My native state was almost like honey
for bees to attract a lot of these extremist groups,
[克♥林♥顿♥]我的家乡几乎就像蜜蜂的蜂蜜,吸引了很多极端主义团体,
and they moved in and out of there.
他们在那里,进进出出。
When Oklahoma City happened...
当俄克拉荷马城事件发生的时候...
my life and experience told me
there was a very good chance that this was a homegrown plot.
我的生活和经验告诉我,这很有可能是一个“本土阴谋”。
On the drive up there, there's a lot going through your head.
在开车的路上,有很多事情要经历你的头脑。
(丹尼.库尔森,前FBI特别探员)
You've got to command a major bombing investigation,
and you're thinking of all the things you have to do.
你要指挥一场重大的爆♥炸♥案调查,你要考虑,所有你要做的事情。
And I am thinking,"April 19th, April 19th, okay."
我在想,“4月19日,4月19日,好吧。”
I just file it away.
我只是把它归档。
I get a call from a nationally known reporter,
我接到一个全国知名记者的电♥话♥,
and she said,"Is this Middle Eastern?"
I said, "No, it's Bubbas.April 19th."
她说:“这是中东人干的吗?”我说:“不,是个南方保守派白人。在4月19日。”
Two years earlier,April 19th was the siege in Waco.
两年前的4月19日,是“韦科围城事件”。
(1993年,FBI和ATF联合围攻邪教组织“大卫教”聚集的庄园)
And I thought we were seeing the results of that anger
against actions on the part of the government.
我认为,我们看到的是对政♥府♥行为的愤怒,引起的结果。
My thought is it's going to be Bubbas.
我觉得会是“布巴”们。
(典型的南方农村白人,具有传统或保守的价值观和政♥治♥观点)
[reporter] Emergency crews try to assist the injured.
[记者] 紧急救援人员试图帮助伤者。
[man] That day,it was overwhelming to first go to the crime scene.
[鲍勃.里克斯]那天,第一次去犯罪现场的感觉让人难以承受。
(前FBI特别探员)
Secret Service, IRS, ATF,
特勤局,国税局,烟酒武器管理局,
multiple federal agencies were housed in that building.
多家联邦机构都设在那栋楼里。
I was walking approximately a block and a half from the bomb scene.
我当时正走在离爆♥炸♥现场,大约一个半街区的地方。
There were two FBI agents and a sheriff
looking at this rear axle of a truck.
有两名联邦调查局探员和一名警长,在看一辆卡车的后轴。
They believed it had come from the truck responsible for the bombing,
他们认为炸♥弹♥来自♥制♥造的“卡车炸♥弹♥”,
and they were removing the VIN number from the rear axle.
他们正在从后轴上取下车辆识别码。
And I told them to,"Guard that with your life.
我告诉他们:“用你的生命守护它。
That's probably gonna be the most important piece of evidence
we have in this entire investigation."
这可能是,我们整个调查中,最重要的证据的一部分。”
We learned that particular truck had been rented
three or four days before in Junction City, Kansas.
我们得知,那辆卡车是三四天前,在堪萨斯州的“章克申”城租的。
The person who rented it went by the name of Robert Kling,
and he used a birth date of April 19th.
租赁者的名字是罗伯特·克林,他的出生日期是4月19日。
The mechanic that was working there probably
had the best recollection of what he looked like.
在那里工作的机械师,可能对他的长相,记得最清楚。
Also he had a recollection of a person he thought had
been with him,commonly called John Doe Number 2.
他还记得,一个他认为和他在一起的人,通常被称为“二号♥无名氏”。
先生,今天过得怎么样?
我们目前正在调查俄克拉荷马城爆♥炸♥案。
你注意到一辆莱德卡车或黄色的卡车了吗?
[Coulson] We sent agents all over the country,
[考尔森] 我们派了探员到全国各地,
primarily on I-35,going north and south on the interstates.
主要在I-35号♥州际公路上向北和向南行驶。
They went to a place called the Dreamland Hotel.
他们去了一个叫“梦之乡”的旅馆。
They interview the owner,show her pictures.
他们询问了店主,给她看了照片。
"Yeah, he was here.His name's Tim McVeigh."
“是的,他在这里。他叫蒂姆·麦克维。”
He was a very nice young man basically.
他是个非常好的年轻人。
It's very shocking to think somebody has such a deprived mind.
想到有人竟会如此丧尽天良,真令人发指。
(莉亚.麦戈文,“梦之乡”旅馆老板)
[Ricks] We got the registration information.
[里克斯] 我们拿到登记信息。
His name was Timothy McVeigh.
他叫蒂莫西·麦克维。
So an agent runs the name of Timothy McVeigh and he gets a hit,
所以一个探员查了蒂莫西·麦克维的名字,然后找到了匹配,
and says, "Boss, you're not gonna believe this bullshit,
but Timothy McVeigh is-- is in custody."
说,“头儿,你肯定不信,蒂莫西·麦克维现在被拘留了。”
He had been arrested an hour and a half
after the bombing in Perry, Oklahoma.
他是在俄克拉何马州的佩里,就在爆♥炸♥案发生一个半小时后被捕的。
[man] Here he is in his junker getaway car
driving away from the scene of the crime.
[丹,赫贝克] 这是他开着他的破车逃离犯罪现场的照片。
(《美国恐♥怖♥分♥子♥》一书的共同作者)
And he gets on the thruway and he--
他上了高斯公路,然后就...
He thinks he's gotten away with it.
他以为,他能跑掉。
It turns out that McVeigh was missing
a license plate from his vehicle.
结果发现,麦克维驾驶的车上,少了一个车牌。
When the trooper starts questioning McVeigh,
he ascertains that McVeigh is carrying an unregistered handgun.
当骑警开始询问麦克维时,他确定麦克维携带一支未注册的手♥枪♥。
He arrests McVeigh.
他逮捕了麦克维。
McVeigh was wearing a T-shirt
celebrating the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.
麦克维穿着一件,庆祝亚伯拉罕·林肯被刺的t恤。
(t恤上印的是:这就是暴君的下场)
And it always has astonished me that...
令我惊讶的是...
nobody put these two things together at the time.
当时居然还没有人,把这两件事放在一起。
But for two full days,they had no idea
that he was involved with the bombing.
但整整两天,他们都不知道他与爆♥炸♥案有关。
And they were getting close to letting him go.
他们就这么随便地,放他走了。
It's just hard to believe.
真是难以置信。
You think it's going to be a nationwide search,
and now you're told that he's roughly 70 miles away.
你认为这将是一个全国性的搜索,而现在你被告知,他就在大约70英里之外的地方。
[Coulson] I said,"Call them and tell them,Don't let that boy out."
[考尔森] 我说:“给他们打电♥话♥,告诉他们,别让那个男孩溜了。”
You can imagine my phone ringing off my belt.
你可以想象,这时我的手♥机♥,在腰带上响了。
I mean, the--the Attorney General's calling,
the director of the FBI's calling me,
我是说,司法部长打了电♥话♥,FBI局长就打电♥话♥给我,
"Get him out of there."
“把他弄出来。”
Well, I was concerned about a rescue or attempt to kill him.
我担心的是,他们到底是营救他,还是试图弄死他。
And I didn't want to be the man
who took McVeigh into custody and got him killed.
我也不想成为那个,因把麦克维抓起来,而害得他被弄死的人。
Uh, not-- not good.
呃,那样就不妙了。
I'd be working at Dairy Queen if that happened.
如果那样的话,我就只得在“皇后乳品店”打工了。
[Boettcher] He was captured about 30 miles from where I grew up.
[博特切] 他是在离我长大的地方,大约30英里的地方被捕的。
And I thought it was foreigners.
我还以为,是外国人干的。
I didn't want to believe an American could do this.
我不愿相信,一个美国人,居然能做出这种事。
They marched Timothy McVeigh out of that jail,
and I go, "You know,it wasn't a foreigner.
他们把蒂莫西·麦克维押出了监狱,我说,“你看,这不是外国人。
This is-- this is an American doing this to Americans."
“这...这居然就是一个美国人,对美国大众所犯的罪行。”
[Coss] I was a little surprised that it was an American.
[科斯] 我有点惊讶,这是一个美国人。
I drew a conclusion pretty quick that this was payback for Waco
and the kids that were killed there.
我很快就得出结论,这是对“韦科事件”和在那里被杀的孩子们的复仇。
"You killed our kids,we're gonna kill your kids."
“你杀了我们的孩子,我们也要杀了你的孩子。”
[Shaw] When I saw him on television,
[肖] 当我在电视上看到他时,
I felt like I'd seen him in the building before.
我觉得,我以前在这栋楼里,见过他。
I remember being in the elevator...
我记得,是在电梯里...
and two men got on the elevator,
当时两个男人走进了电梯,
and one of them was McVeigh.
其中一个就是麦克维。
I always wondered if that was real
or if I imagined that,with everything else going on.
我一直想知道,这是真的,还是我想象出来的,因为发生了这么多事。
[Welch] He had that orange jumpsuit on.
[韦尔奇] 他穿着那件橙色的连身衣。
And my thought was, "I hope that somebody
has a rifle and can just pick him off there."
我的想法是,“我希望有人,拿把步♥枪♥,能在那里,把他宰了。”
I mean, I was really wishing for that.
我是说,我真的希望那样。
[Battle-Leverett] You're looking for the monster,
[巴♥特♥尔♥-莱弗瑞特] 你在找那个怪物,
and you-- and you finally get that day to see him,
而你,你终于有机会见到他了,
电影精选列表