你看过这个吗 是真的吗
你知道这做得太过了
You know this is too much.
你怎么知道
How do you figure?
如果我们真的彼此坦诚相待
If we're really being honest with each other,
而且过不了多久我们就必须要对彼此坦诚
and pretty soon we're gonna have to be very honest with each other.
我们都知道这是很有必要的
We both know that this is absolutely necessary.
这样能够保证真实
This will keep it real.
能够让他们保持注意力
This will keep their attention.
你觉得剪掉他一根手指还不够真实吗
You don't think cutting off his finger was real enough?
直播吗
Live?
看起来是
Well, it looks live.
我们也说不好
We can't really tell.
在这间屋子里 你说了不算
You're not in charge. Not in this room.
你说这间屋子是什么意思
What do you mean? This room?
抱歉
I'm sorry.
你做这些是为了什么 说真的
What is this about? Really?
公正
Justice.
我的天啊
Holy shit.
我的上帝啊
Sweet Jesus!
你们现在会认真看了吗
Do I have your attention now?
-这就是直播 -不 我们没法确认
- That was live. - No, we can't verify that.
-看着像直播 -是 什么看着都像直播
- It looked live! - Yes, everything looks live.
我们需要技术部门的人 能来的都来
We need anyone we can get from tech support down here now.
好的 我会等着
Yes I'll hold.
长官 我们不该叫卢卡斯警督来吗
Sir, shouldn't we get Lt. Lucas, sir?
-找个 -更有现场工作经验的人吗
- Someone... - With more field experience?
肯定应该
Certainly should.
但我觉得我们没有足够的时间
I don't think we're gonna have enough time.
那件事做完了 现在该做什么了呢
Well... Now that that's done, what should happen now?
我不懂你的意思
I don't understand.
我该面对什么后果呢
What should happen to me?
州法律规定该怎么做呢
What does the State say should be done?
我觉得我没有资格说该怎么做
I don't think I'm qualified to say what should be done
或者不该怎么做
or what shouldn't be done.
你当然有资格
Of course you're qualified.
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
你说过你以前从事法律工作
You already said that you were in the legal profession.
至少 从事法律工作的人会了解
At the very least, someone in the legal profession would know
所在州的法律
the laws of their own state.
我明白你在说什么了
I see what you're saying.
那你应该会被捕
Uh... Well then you should be arrested,
关押 起诉和审判
incarcerated, indicted, and tried.
然后呢
And?
倘若你被判有罪
If you were to be found guilty...
倘若 倘若我被判有罪
If? If I was to be found guilty?
你就在这里 你目睹了整个过程
You were right here. You saw the whole thing.
这里所有的摄像机都在见证
All these cameras were here to secure witness.
倘若陪审团认为你有罪
If the jury were to find you guilty
并建议法官判处最高刑罚
and recommend the maximum sentence...
在本州 你会被要求
Well, in this state you would be condemned
付出终极的代价
to pay the ultimate price...
那是什么代价呢
And what would that be?
以命相抵
You would pay with your life.
你会被判处死刑
You would be put to death.
就像报纸报道的那个人一样
Like the guy in the paper.
是的 如果你被宣判犯有死罪的话
Yes if you were convicted of a capital crime,
但你不一定会
but you may not be.
没有哪两个案子是一模一样的
No two cases are the same.
但不管案情如何 惩罚都是一样的
But the punishment is the same regardless of the case,
因为都有一个无辜的人被杀了
because an innocent person was killed.
照章办事 在我看来 就是这么回事
Cut and dry. Seems to me that's the idea.
我不太明白你想说明什么
I don't quite understand what you're getting at.
我绑♥架♥了一个人 带他来到这里
I picked a man up, I brought him here,
把他绑了起来 然后杀了他
I tied him up, and I killed him.
据我们所知 他是一个没有对任何人
As far as we know he was an innocent man
做过出格的事的无辜者
who never did anything to anybody.
所以毫无疑问
So there's no two ways about it.
我们说的是死刑
We're talking about the death penalty.
这里 两份报纸
Right here. Both papers.
大新闻
Big story.
吉特的案子吗
The Jeeter case?
吉特的案子 念出来
The Jeeter case. Read it.
大声念给观众听
Out loud to everyone.
整篇文章
The whole thing.
在六年前绑♥架♥并谋杀十四岁的克劳蒂恩·吉特的凶手
"Paul William Gager, the man who abducted
Paul William Gager
and murdered 14 year old Claudine Jeeter six years ago,
于今天中午12:01被执行死刑
was put to death this morning at 12:01.
执行方式为注射
Death was administered by lethal injection
执行地点是位于特里博洛的六条河惩教所
at the Six Rivers Correctional Facility in Triborough.
这是本州历史上执行死刑
It was the swiftest enforcement of the death penalty
最为迅速的一次
in the state's history."
好吧 我觉得这篇报道的内容
Well, I suspect there's significantly more
远远不止这些
to the story than that.
加格的律师在执行前的最后一次上诉
Um..."A last minute appeal
以失败告终
by Gager's lawyers was unsuccessful.
加格在两年的搜捕之后被抓获
Gager was convicted of Jeeter's abduction
并被宣判犯下了绑♥架♥和谋杀吉特的罪行
and murder after a two-year manhunt.
六年前的2月10日
Jeeter went missing from her house
吉特从家里失踪
on February the 10th, six years ago."
我还没听够
I'm not bored.
后来发现 克劳蒂恩被拘禁在
"It was discovered later that Claudine had been held
一个为加格所有的养兔子的自♥制♥设施里
in a home-made facility for keeping rabbits on Gager's property,
拘禁地点离吉特家只有三英里[五公里]
three miles from the Jeeter house.
对克劳蒂恩·吉特的搜寻
The search for Claudine Jeeter was
耗费大量人力物力并产生较大的情绪影响
exhaustive and emotional...
我认识他
I know him.
随着地方警♥察♥和州警♥察♥的接连加入
...and gained a great deal of public attention as local
事件也吸引了
and state police...
我们都认识他 是吧
We all know him, don't we?
公众的广泛关注
...followed lead after lead..."
直到他们最终逮捕了加格
"...Until finally they were able to apprehend Gager
并将他与女孩的死联♥系♥了起来
and link him to the girl's death."
这就是全部了
Um... That's all there is.
再没有更多了
There isn't anymore.
也许报纸里没有了 但事实上还有更多
Maybe not in the paper, but in fact there's a lot more.
但我要确保我的理解是对的
But I wanna make sure I've got this right,
所以倘若法♥院♥的这个判决是正确的
so if the court was right in that sentence,
并且州里执行这个终极惩罚
and the state was right in exacting
也是正确的 那么
the ultimate punishment, then it follows...
就像我刚才明确表达的
as I have clearly stated...
我应该为杀了我们亲爱的朋友
that I should be executed
在外面安息的罗恩而被处决
for killing our dear friend Ron resting outside.
不 你不能这么肯定
No, you cannot say that for sure.
我在街上抓了个人
I picked a man up off the street,
绑♥架♥了他 然后夺走了他的性命
I abducted him, I took him out of his life.
但这里还有其它问题
But there are other issues.
被告的精神状态 智商
The mental state of the accused, the IQ...
我把他带到这里绑起来
I brought him here, I tied him up,
并且折磨了他
and I tortured him,
然后因为自己的原因杀了他
and I killed him for my own reasons.
这有什么不能肯定的呢
What's not for sure about that?
你需要一个审判来决定
You'll need a trial to determine that.
为什么呢
Why?
因为没有审判就不会有正义
Because without a trial there can be no justice.
这个领域你懂得可真不少啊
Well that's an area you would know quite a lot about,
是吧
wouldn't you?
法官大人
...Your Honour.
吉特案的法官
奥利弗·司垂特法官
Judge Oliver Straight.
审判吉特案的人
The man who tried the Jeeter case.
一个人因夺走他人生命而有罪
A man is guilty for taking the life of another man.
电影精选列表