她负责我的衣物清洗
She does my laundry.
她坚持要这样
She insists.
我仿佛进入了一座圣殿
I feel as though I've entered a shrine.
就像一个流浪者 历经长途跋涉
I'm like a wanderer who, after a long journey,
最终来到了圣城麦加
has reached Mecca.
离开时 请记得把你的供品留在烟灰缸里
On the way out leave your offerings in that ashtray.
要喝咖啡吗 -谢谢
Would you like some coffee? -Thank you.
好的
Good.
你女儿好吗
How's your daughter?
查威克先生 多年以前 在我还年轻时
Mr. Chadwick,many years ago, in my youth,
为了品尝人生所有乐趣
wanting to taste all of life's pleasures,
我做了一件非常蠢的事
I did a very foolhardy thing.
就是和某人领了结婚证
I bit into a marriage license.
多少英雄豪杰都被它套死了-谢谢
A lot of good men have choked on that. -Thank you.
她是个美国人
She was an American.
哦 那曾是桩理想婚姻 直到我们走出婚礼教堂
Oh, it was an ideal marriage,until we left the wedding chapel.
所有男人都有权期待这种幸福降临
That's as much happiness as any man has the right to expect.
天上下起了雨 她的礼服被打湿了
It was raining.Her gown got wet.
不知为何 她令我觉得自己身为丈夫的第一天就失败了
And somehow she made me feel that I had failed in my first act as a husband.
我竟然让雨落了下来 -她肯定失去了耐心
I had permitted the rain to fall. -Well, she lost confidence.
如果你连雨都阻止不了 地震时你能干嘛
If you couldn't stop the rain,what would you do if an earthquake came?
我总是在她最需要我时不断让她失望
I continued to fail her when she needed me most.
炉子里的火种熄灭时我在哪
Where was I when the pilot light went out on the stove?
她汽车没油时我在哪
When her car ran out of gas?
水管堵塞那天我待在办公室里干什么
And what was I doing at the office the day the plumbing got clogged?
换作美国丈夫 水管堵塞时绝不会还待在办公室
An American husband would never be at the office when the plumbing got clogged.
他会立马赶回家与妻子共患难
He'd rush home to share it with his wife.
后来有天晚上 我和她正一起享受一顿愉快的晚餐
Then one evening we were sitting there,enjoying a delightful dinner,
可突然间 我妻子破坏了一切
when suddenly my wife spoiled everything.
你老婆出现了
She showed up.
你怎么知道我是说跟别的女人一起吃饭
How did you know I was with another woman?
你不是说晚餐气氛很愉快吗
You said you were enjoying dinner, didn't you?
哦 不过是无伤大雅的调情而已
Oh, it was a harmless flirtation.
我试图向我妻子解释
I tried to explain to my wife,
可她只是站在那里冷冰冰的说 随便吧
but all she could do was stand there and say, "Well."
你对着一口井道一千句歉也无济于事
It would not have helped to drop a thousand apologies into that well.
老婆是井 那一定是无底洞
A wife's well is bottomless.
如果我娶的是法国老婆 当我回家时
Now, with a French wife,when I got home,
她肯定已经穿着新睡裙 梨花带雨的等着我
I would have found her in tears and a new negligée.
可我这位老婆呢 当我回到自家卧室时...
But with my wife,when I knocked on the bedroom door...
她已经和律师在一起了 -还有个旅行社代理商
You found her with her lawyer. -And a travel agent.
隔天一早她就带着孩子坐上了回美国的班机
The next morning she and the child were on a plane back to America.
一切结束
Fini.
从此以后我再也没见过女儿 直至昨天
I did not see my daughter again until yesterday.
查威克先生 她现在和她母亲一模一样
Mr. Chadwick,she is exactly like her mother.
就是说热烈欢迎你的只有自♥由♥女神像喽
Meaning you got a warmer welcome from the Statue of Liberty?
美国女人怎么会变成这副样子 从哪起的头
How did the American woman get this way? Where did it start?
从清教♥徒♥们乘坐五月花号♥在普利茅斯岩登陆开始
With the pilgrims,when the Mayflower landed at Plymouth Rock.
史上第一位美国丈夫扶着史上第一位美国妻子下船
The first American husband was helping the first American wife off the boat,
妻子说"我们本可以去世上任何地方"
and she said,"We could have gone anywhere in the world“”
"而你却偏把我带到这鬼地方"
and you had to bring me here
这是美国本土爆发的第一起妻子抱怨
The first complaint on American soil,
而丈夫则犯下了第一个大错 他道歉了
and he made the first mistake.He apologized.
那他应该怎么做
What should he have done?
把她从岩石上撞下去
Knocked her off the rock.
若他一开始就能表明立场
If he had taken a stand on that wet rock,
余生的每个夜晚就不必在家为自己抗争了
he wouldn't be fighting for his life here every night.
卧房♥ 一个有着脂粉香的战场
The bedroom.The perfumed battlefield.
每天早上那里都会走出一名胜利者和战败者
Out of this arena every morning come the victor and the vanquished.
那里每晚产生的牺牲者
There are more victims here in one night
比全年交通事故伤亡人数还要多
than there are traffic casualties in the entire year.
世界裁军运动应当先从卧房♥开始
World disarmament ought to start in the bedroom.
你真是一语中的啊
You have great understanding.
所以我才要来拜托你
That's why I've come to talk to you.
先生 作为一名父亲 女儿30岁了还是个老处♥女♥
Monsieur,a father with a daughter who is a 30-year-old spinster.
你明白那意味着什么吗 -当然
Do you know what it means? -Yeah.
那意味着任何会走 会跑 会爬的健全男人
It means that any able-bodied man who can run, walk, or crawl
都该离你远点儿
should avoid you.
当然了 如果你的女儿18岁时正当纯真无暇
Of course,when a daughter possesses a certain innocence at 18,
作为父亲一定无比喜悦
for a father it's a joy to behold.
当她20多岁时 你仍会高兴 但不免开始思虑
When she's 21,you're still happy but thoughtful.
等她25岁时 你就很难笑得出来了
When she's 25,you are no longer smiling.
越来越严峻了
It's getting grim.
等她快30了还这样 作父亲的又该如何
When she's 29 going on 30,what does her father do?
祈求上帝呗 没其他办法了
Turns to prayer.There's nothing left.
还有一线希望
There is one hope.
找个男人 一个特别的男人 一个情场高手
A man. A very special man.A worldly sophisticate.
一个会温柔地带领她进入一场浪漫冒险的男人
One who will gently lead her into a romantic adventure.
一段能使一名女子浴火重生的情感插曲
An emotional interlude from whose fires a woman shall be born.
这样的男人可遇而不可求
Such a man is hard to find.
我可以 假如你能让我领先10分钟开始的话
I will be, if you give me a 10-minute head start.
拜托你 先生 我已经走投无路了
Please, Monsieur,I'm desperate.
作为父亲怎能放弃自己唯一的孩子
Can a man abandon his only child?
我认为 这种情况下社会能原谅你
I think, in this case,society would forgive you.
你之前说过 需要帮忙尽管找你
You once said,if I ever needed a favor...
查威克先生 我现在就要请你帮我
Mr. Chadwick,I am asking for that favor.
我说的帮忙是指一般的忙
When I said a favor I meant a favor.
比如买♥♥戏票 订酒店 借贷款
To have theater tickets,hotel reservations,a bank loan,
或者把你从牢里捞出来
getting you out of jail.
这种忙 你去找别人吧 -去哪找
favor.Find somebody else. -Where?
试试红十字会吧 她感觉像个灾区
Try the Red Cross.She sounds like a disaster area.
查威克先生 看在我已垂暮之年的份上
Mr. Chadwick,in the sunset of my life,
别拒绝一个心碎父亲的最后请求
don't deny the last request of a brokenhearted old father.
她长相如何 -我有一张照片
What does she look like? -I have a picture.
先生 这是我女儿 很可爱吧
Monsieur, my daughter.Isn't she adorable?
小可爱
Darling.
你有最近一点的照片吗
Do you have anything more recent?
小孩子变化能有多大呢
How much could she have changed?
她现在长什么样 我是指此时此刻
What does she look like now? Today. This minute.
一个人的内在美要如何用语言来形容
How does one describe inner beauty?
别管内在了 还是先聊聊外在吧
Forget the inside.Let's stay on the outside for a while.
我觉得夸她独具魅力也不为过
I feel safe in saying she's attractive.
不为过
You feel safe?
难道其他人会觉得夸大其词吗
Would it be risky for anyone else to say it?
我是想尽量保持客观
I'm trying to be objective.
你不喜欢胖女人吧 -不喜欢
You don't like heavy women? -No.
你喜欢苗条的 -有多苗条
You like them slim. -How slim?
她不是那种长得丰乳肥臀的俗气女人
She's not the type of woman with the large hips and the overdeveloped bosoms
很容易让男人腻味
that is so distasteful to men.
什么男人
What men?
她长得俏丽可人 明眸善睐
An animated face,expressive eyes,
笑靥如花 齿如含贝
a dazzling smile,exceptional teeth.
鹤立鸡群 -个子太高
Outstanding. -Big.
那要看怎么解读了
A matter of semantics.
所以她是个过瘦 平胸 还有点龅牙的女孩
She's a skinny,flat-chested girl with buck teeth.
而且到目前你只说了她的优点
And so far you've only been talking about her good points.
关于我的忙 你不会食言吧
The favor.You will not go back on your word?
拜托了 先生 救救我女儿
Please, Monsieur,save my daughter.
我是个言出必行的男人
I'm a man who keeps his word.
既然欠你的忙 我就会帮到底
I owe you a favor.I'll do it.
查威克先生 向你提出这样一个请求并不容易
Mr. Chadwick,it was not easy to come to you with a request of this nature.
我相信你一定会温柔 周到 最重要的是谨慎行事
I know you will be gentle, considerate, and above all, discreet.
我可不想这事引发流言蜚语
I wouldn't want this to become common gossip.
我向你保证 没人会比我更想保守这个秘密
I assure you,no one'll be more anxious to keep it a secret than I.
早啊 多萝西 -早上好 查威克先生
Good morning, Dorothy. -Good morning, Mr. Chadwick.
有位玛克琳小姐来过电♥话♥ 说今天下午要结婚
A Miss Marklin phoned.She's getting married this afternoon.
哦 那是喜事
Oh, good for her.
她说如果你再不回她电♥话♥ 她就真的去结了
She said if you don't return her call she's going through with it.
还有位康马尔先生打来咨♥询♥有关劳工会议的事 还有...
A Mr. Conmar called about the labor relations meeting, and...
先把所有事都搁置会 多萝西
Hold everything off for a while, Dorothy.
电影精选列表