她是个非常忙碌的女人
She's a very busy woman.
她正在里面为一个讲座做笔记
She's in there working on some notes for a lecture.
我也说不准几点能结束 我都已经等了快...
I can't tell you how long she'll be. I've been waiting almost,
快一个小时了
almost an hour.
我们再等10分钟 然后就一起咳嗽
We'll wait 10 more minutes,then we'll cough.
为什么咳嗽 -提醒她外面有人在等着
We'll cough? -To let her know we're here.
假如她大发雷霆 我们就不告诉她是谁咳的
If she comes out angry,we won't tell her which one of us coughed.
她为何会大发雷霆 -因为她讨厌工作时被人打扰
Why should she be angry? -She's not to be disturbed when she works.
这是我们订婚时达成的最重要共识之一
That's one of the most important things we agreed on when we got engaged.
另一个共识就是不要孩子
That and no children,of course.
不要孩子 -她还得忙着规划自己的事业
No children? -She has her career to think of.
女人的一生有太多事可以去选择
There's time for just so many things in a woman's life.
可总得有人生孩子呀
Somebody has to have the babies.
遗憾的是你不行 -就是说啊
Unfortunately, you can't. Yes.
不然能解决很多麻烦
It would solve so many problems.
我就感觉外面好像有人 -是他 他咳嗽了
I thought I heard someone out here. -It was him. He coughed.
如果你是想预约看诊 前台一会就回来了
If it's about an appointment,my receptionist will be back shortly.
阿诺德 我15分钟内就能结束
I'll be finished in 10 or 15 minutes, Arnold.
我买♥♥了今晚的戏票 是部好评如潮的新戏
I got tickets to the theater tonight.It got very good reviews.
有时我真搞不懂这些评论家的品位 -他们总是瞎评
I sometimes wonder about those critics. -They make one mistake after another.
我这就去退掉 然后选部我确定的好戏 比如...
I'll turn these in,and get tickets to a show I know is good. Like...
驯悍记 -就是驯悍记
The Taming of the Shrew? -Taming of the Shrew.
而且那里离餐厅很近 我在特里亚农订好了位子
And it's close to the restaurant. I made reservations at the Trianon.
他们家的牛排水准一流
They have magnificent steaks.
他家的大厨总是把牛排煎得太老 -没有一次不老的
The chef always overcooks them. -He'll do it every time.
我们还可以选择很多其他餐厅 比如...
There're plenty of other places we can go to like...
吟游诗人餐厅 -没错 吟游诗人
The Troubadour? -The Troubadour. Of course.
我这就去预订 -很好
I'll call them. -Good.
哦 你去剪头发了
Oh, you got your hair cut.
你为什么要让他们这样剪
Why did you let them do that to you?
你知道自己头顶头发剪太多的话 会显得头...很扁
You know when you take too much off the top your head looks flat.
我明明告诉他们你的喜好了 那理发师手艺本来挺好的
I told them how you like it.He's supposed to be a good barber.
好吧 我想他也无能为力了
Oh, well,I suppose there isn't much he can do with it.
你没用我给你买♥♥的头皮屑刷子
You're not using that dandruff brush I bought you.
我搞忘了 -哦 亲爱的
I forgot. -Oh, darling,
晚上别穿这套蓝色西服 -遵命 亲爱的
don't wear that blue suit tonight. -Yes, dear.
她是不是很出众 你肯定没想她会这么出色吧
Isn't she something? I'll bet you never expected to see someone like that.
完全没想到
No, I didn't.
话说 你今晚为什么不能穿这身蓝色西服呢
Tell me, why can't you wear your blue suit tonight?
它会突出我的不良体态 我这人含胸驼背的
It accentuates my bad posture.I have very round shoulders.
我们第一次约会时她就注意到了
She noticed that on our first date.
你真走运
You're lucky.
要不然你可能一辈子都蒙在鼓里
You might have gone all through life without ever knowing it.
没错 如果没有她
That's true.And if it weren't for her,
我也不知道要穿这种矫正鞋
I wouldn't be wearing these corrective shoes.
为了帮我保持平衡 她帮我在所有鞋子外沿
She had the outside of all my shoes lined with lead
都加上了铅制的内衬
to give me balance.
她真是对你无微不至啊
She's done a lot for you.
我以前简直一团糟
I was a mess.
可悲的是 我自己从没发觉 都是靠她帮我指正了出来
And the sad thing is,I never knew it.She had to point it out to me.
你好 我想订个双人桌 晚上7点的
Hello? I'd like a table for two tonight. 7:00.
要壁炉旁角落位置 留谁的名字
In the corner by the fireplace. Name?
劳伦布勒医生
Dr. Lauren Boullard.
对餐厅领班就得强硬点儿
Got to be firm with those head waiters.
真高兴认识你 先生
Very nice to have met you, sir.
我要回家换衣服去了
I've got to go home and change.
我没敲门 我害怕了 我没法张口说我是她父亲
I never knocked.I was afraid.I couldn't tell her I was her father.
她搞不好会说 "可以 留下联♥系♥方式"
She would have said,"Fine. Leave your name.
"若我需要父亲 会通知你的"
"If ever I need one I'll call you."
谁知道呢 也许她会痛哭流涕
Who knows? She might have broke into tears,
献上拥抱 吻你这个老父亲呢
thrown her arms around you,kissed you.
然后再提醒我"你该刮胡子了"
And told me I needed a shave.
我见识过了她对自己未婚夫的所作所为
I saw what she did to her fiance.
在她的办公室 我简直目睹了一场公开处决
In her office I witnessed a public execution.
从他扁平的头颅到镶了铅的两脚
From the top of his flat head to the tips of his lead-lined feet
她把他大卸八块
she took him apart.
等她把这些重新组装在一起 他会变成什么
And when she puts him together again,what will he be?
变成全美最理想丈夫
The ideal American husband.
可这些男人为什么不反抗 为什么不离开这种老婆
But why don't the men protest? Why don't they leave such wives?
然后去哪里 下一任老婆那儿吗
Where will they go? To other wives?
换个狱警对囚犯来说有区别吗
Does it help the prisoner to change wardens?
我就不该让她母亲把她带到美国
I should never have let her mother bring her here.
还有 你没看到她给自己找了个什么样的丈夫
And if you could see what she picked out for a husband.
一个上♥床♥前都得事先请求她召见的男人
A man who will request an audience in bed with her.
真可悲
So tragic.
要知道 在美国 人们不是做♥爱♥ 而是做任务
You know, in America they don't have sex,they commit it.
他唯一的遗憾就是不能自己生孩子
His only regret is that he can't have the babies.
那任务可就艰巨了
It would be most difficult.
哦 等你见到他本人
Oh, when you meet him,
就不会排除这种可能性了
you will not rule out the possibility.
这男的听上去问题很大
This man seems to have a problem.
不 有问题的人是我女儿
No. My daughter has the problem.
而且她给自己找了个最安全的藏身之处 心理医生办公室
And she's found the safest hiding place,a psychologist's office.
不是以患者身份 而是以医生身份
And not as a patient but as the doctor.
这我就不明白了
This I don't understand.
好吧 假如你是贪♥污♥犯♥ 肯定不会在门口挂贪♥污♥犯♥的牌子
Well, if you're an embezzler,you don't open up an embezzler's office,
你会跑去银行上班 -没错
you go to work in a bank. -True.
在她办公室 她可以从弗洛伊德的著作里暂时探出头
In her office she can peek out from behind the books of Freud,
对人生和爱情进行一番说教
give a little sermon on life and love,
然后再把头埋回书本里
and then run back and hide in the pages.
哦 她肯定没那么糟吧
Oh, surely it isn't as bad as that.
我看过她的眼神 艾蒂安
I looked into her eyes,Etienne,
我看见的是一位30岁的老姑娘
and I saw a 30-year-old spinster.
一个拥有老处♥女♥灵魂的姑娘
A girl with the spirit of an old maid.
这是个从未品尝过人生美好滋味的女人
This is a woman who has never tasted life.
对一个法国老父亲来说还真是悲剧 -而且错都在我
What a tragedy for a French father. -And I am to blame.
不是 -是的 老朋友
No. -Oh, yes, my friend.
只有一个办法能弥补这些年的过失
There's only one way I can make up for all those years.
我已经不能再给她买♥♥玩具熊猫
I can no longer buy her toy pandas.
我能送她的礼物只有一个 那就是身为女人的满足感
There is only one gift I can give her.Her fulfillment as a woman.
我觉得这是我作为父亲的亏欠
I feel I owe her that as her father.
我不能让一朵玫瑰
I cannot allow a rose to wither
还没感受过阳光的温暖就独自凋谢
without ever having felt the warmth of the sun.
但长了30年的玫瑰花可没那么好摘
But a 30-year-old rose is not easy to pick.
它肯定浑身带刺
It has grown many thorns.
你需要找一位园艺大♥师♥
You will need a master gardener.
是啊 需要一个非凡出众的男人
Yes, it will require an extraordinary man.
一个纵横情场的高手
One of infinite finesse.
老朋友 我这里正好有一位合适人选
My friend,there is such a man available.
好极了 我们立刻请他从法国飞过来
Good. We'll fly him in from France immediately.
他是个美国人
He's an American.
米切尔 登月要信美♥国♥佬♥的技术
Michel, to reach the moon trust an American.
泡妞还得认准咱法国男人
To reach a woman let us put our faith in a Frenchman.
天才不分国籍
Genius has no nationality.
如果孩子生病 就得找最棒的医生
When your child is ill,you send for the best doctor.
但一个美♥国♥佬♥做得了这么精密的手术吗
But an American for so delicate an operation?
哦 我向你保证 他可不是实习医生
Oh, I assure you,he is not an intern.
而是一个拥有丰富实战经验的名医
Oh, this is a man with an established practice.
布勒先生 请进
Mr. Boullard. Come in.
那女人 -哦 那是伊丽莎白
That woman. -Oh, Elizabeth.
她每天早上都会过来帮我做早餐
She comes over every morning and makes my breakfast.
她甚至还自己带炊具过来
She brings her own cooking utensils?
她说我的蛋只准碰她的锅
She says my eggs will touch no pan but hers.
好奇怪的奉献精神 她是什么人
Strange devotion Who is she?
我连她姓什么都不知道
All I know is her first name.
她两年前突然出现在我家门口 从此以后每日不辍
She showed up at the door two years ago and hasn't missed a day since.
就像朝圣者每日朝拜
Like a pilgrim paying homage.
抱歉
Excuse me.
早上好
Good morning.
我周四再帮你送回来 -感谢 桑德拉
I'll have it back on Thursday. -Thank you, Sandra.
电影精选列表