So uh, I've been thinking about asking him
能不能收我当他的徒弟
if I can become his apprentice.
听起来不错
Sounds like a plan.
嗯
Yeah.
- 我没有失败 - 我知道
- I didn't fail. - I know that.
我只是按我自己的方式去做罢了
I'm just going in on my own terms.
我看你让上帝喘了口气
I see you've given God a break.
是的
I guess so.
你要还你的徽章了吗
Hey, you're turning in your badge?
别了
Uh uh.
这是给你的
It's for you.
奥斯卡·王尔德
"我们都在贫民窟中
"We're all in the gutter.
但我们中有一些人正仰望着星星"
"Some of us just choose to look at the stars."
我想谢谢你
I wanted to thank you for that.
谢谢你 朋友
Thank you, pal.
这是真的很不错
This is really cool.
到时间了
It's time.
到什么时间了
Time for what?
生活是世上最罕见的事情 大多数人只是存在 仅此而已 奥斯卡·王尔德
- 别睁眼 - 好吧
- Keep 'em closed. - Okay.
我们可能永远不会出名
We may never be famous.
也没有人会记得我们的名字
Hardly anyone will remember our name.
但我们拥有彼此
But what we do have is each other.
今天我们把大家都叫来了
And today we brought everyone here
这些人的生活都被你永远地改变了
whose lives have forever been changed by you.
好了 你可以睁开眼睛了
Okay, you can open your eyes.
我的天啊
Man.
那时我16岁 我只能在这里闲逛
I was 16 and I'd just be hanging around this place.
我遇到了各种各样的麻烦
I was gettin' in to all sorts of trouble,
你给了我一把扫帚
and you gave me a broom.
你把我当成家人一样 现在我有了自己的家人
You brought me in like family and now I have one of my own.
你比起让我们读的那些书
You were always more influential than any
要更加有影响力
of those books you made us read.
在这里的工作改变了我
You know workin' here changed me.
不只是因为书 还有这里的人 后来
Not just books, but people, and then to have
我女儿也在这里工作过
my daughter work here was too cool.
嗨 老板
Hey boss.
欧尼
Ernie.
看来我的名牌传统还在继续
I see my name tag tradition held up.
老板 我们弄了个这个 让每个人都签了名
Well boss, we took this and had everybody sign it
从过去到现在的每一个人
from the past to the present.
这是我当时弄掉披萨
This is the one I used when I dropped that pizza
你教训我说五秒法则不适用的时候
on the ground and you said I couldn't
我用的盘
apply the five second rule, so,
这个给你
here you go.
谢谢你
Thank you.
每一个为守护神披萨工作过的人都在这里
Everyone who has worked for Patronies Pizza is here
以各种形式
in one form or another.
啊
Ah.
天啊
Man.
我们开始这个项目的时候我就知道
You know, I always knew when we started this project
我想要的不仅仅是一家披萨餐厅
that I wanted something more than just a pizza restaurant.
是你们交的每一份读书报告
It's every book report you turned in,
尽管你们有些人讨厌这样做
even though some of you hated doing it.
叔本华
Schopenhauer.
但是它们都给我带来了很多快乐
But they all just, they brought me so much joy.
我想是因为我想要
Yeah, I think it's because I wanted
听听你们是如何看待这个世界的
to hear about how you viewed the world,
这些书对我来说意义重大 但是
and books meant something to me, but,
去了解你们对它们的理解
it was so much more interesting
要有趣多了
to hear what they meant to you.
谢谢大家
So thank you all for that.
温迪
Wendy?
你教会了我这么多 当我想到我的生活
You've taught me so much and when I think about my life,
我知道我忘掉的
I've learned that I'll forget way more
比我能记得的还要多
than I could ever remember.
这就像试图抓住沙子
It's like trying to hold sand
张开你的手指
with your fingers open.
很多东西都消失了 但最重要的东西
A lot of it falls away, but the important stuff,
会粘在你手上
it'll stick to your hand.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我在思考一个精彩的比喻 就像温迪那样
I was trying to think of a good metaphor, like Wendy.
但是
But uh...
这是两层的
It's two ply.
太棒了
It's perfect.
谢谢你
Thank you.
这一切真的非常感人
This has all been really very touching.
我们去吃点披萨怎么样
But how about we get some pizza?
好
Yeah!
太棒了
Love it!
有个人进来店里要了八块披萨
So this guy came in and asked for eight slices,
我说 直接买♥♥一整个会更便宜
and I was like, well, it'd be cheaper to get the large pie.
他对我说 我就要八块
And he says to me, "I want eight slices
分开放在单独的盘子里
"broken up on individual plates."
所以我带着一整块的披萨回来了
So I come back with the whole large pie
说 当一个东西是一体的时候 没有什么是可以被分开的
and say, "Nothing can be broken when everything is one."
然后他问我是否还好 我说
Then he asks me if I'm feeling okay and I say,
考虑到人类只是一群高度自我
"Considering humanity's just a bunch of apes
的猿类 我还不错
"with ego trips, I'm doin' just fine."
然后我把八块分别盛在不同的盘子里
Then I served all eight slices on individual plates.
他看着我说 祝你平安
And he looks at me and says, "Shalom."
然后它击醒了我
So then it hit me.
我不仅提供披萨给了一个恶魔
Not only did I just serve pizza to Incubus,
而且 布兰登·博伊德可能有点犹太血统
but Brandon Boyd may be a little Jewish.
也许我也是
Maybe I am, too.
问题是 如果你想信宗教的话
The thing is, if you wanna be religious
还是说唱歌♥手 又或者是诗人 去做吧
or a rapper or a poet, go do it.
别这么刻薄
Just don't be an a-hole,
因为每个人都在这个矛盾而又美丽的世界
'cause everyone else is trying to find their own thing
寻找适合自己的东西
and way through this contradictory, beautiful mess
了解自己的根源
of a world to get to the root of their
和自己的最真实的个性
true, authentic individuality.
就算这不是真的 至少这个想法也挺美的
And if that aint true, at least it's a pretty thought.
反正 我们都只是一个非常古老的
Basically, we're all just a small slice
超大馅饼的一小部分
of a very old, extra large pie.
我们都以同样的方式走出烤箱
We all come out of the oven the same way,
用我们自己的方式度过我们的一生
spend our lives in our own ways,
最后反正都会被吃掉
only to get eaten in the end.
然后... 你也知道消化系统怎么运作的
And, well, you know how the digestive system works by now.
什么样的披萨才叫完美呢
So what makes the perfect pizza?
我给你个提示
I'll give you a hint:
是一个圆
it's a circle.
通常它有八块
Typically it has eight slices.
你可以分得更多 也可以更少
You could have more, you could have less,
但有一点总比没有好
but any amount is better than none at all
让它完美的是
and what makes it perfect is
如果你一直到最后都喜欢它
if by the end you enjoy it,
你继续吃着 然后…
and then you keep eatin' it and then...
杰克
Jack.
来吧
Come on.
他们知道的 不要再和他们说了
They get it, stop talking to them.
尽管我很喜欢扮演凯鲁亚克爵士
As much as I love portraying Sir Kerouac,
我必须承认
I gotta admit,
话语
words,
以及写作
and the act of writing,
都是指向现实的尝试
only point towards reality.
杰克
Jack!
但它们永远不等同现实
They never get there.
明白了
Got that?
你在做什么
What are you doin'?
跟踪我吗
电影精选列表