剧集 | 缘起泽尔达(2015) | 导航列表
I get a paycheck every week.
据我所知 是我养着你们这群作家
Last time I checked, I was still supporting all of you writers.
我猜在座唯一一个
Well, I guess the only one who
做的事情有价值的 只有老迪克了
does anything of value around here is old Dick.
亲爱的 这样说可不太好
Now, baby, that's not nice.
不过你到底赚多少钱 爸爸
How much money do you make anyway, Daddy?
我确定斯科特很想知道
I'm sure Scott would like to know
做真正工作的人能得多少报酬
what a person gets paid to do a real job.
我同意塞尔法官的说法
I agree with Judge Sayre.
写作不是一份真正的工作
Writing is not a real job.
拿到报酬之前都不是
Not until you get paid for it.
但是我打算有朝一日得到一大笔报酬
But I plan on getting paid a lot for it some day.
只要斯克里布纳出版社出版我第一本小说
As soon as Scribner's publishes my first novel.
没错
That's right.
马克·吐温 他就是百万富翁
Now, Mark Twain, he was a millionaire.
还有西奥多·德莱塞
And Theodore Dreiser,
他们都是那个时代的声音
they were voices of their generations.
你想做我们的下一个马克·吐温
You are going to be our next Mark Twain?
不 先生
No, sir.
我要做下一个F·斯科特·菲茨杰拉德
I'm going to be the next F. Scott Fitzgerald.
你父亲不怎么喜欢我
Well, your father didn't care for me.
他不喜欢任何上门求爱的男孩
Ah, he doesn't care much for any boy that comes courting.
大多数男孩怕得不敢跟老迪克讲话
Most boys are too scared to talk to old Dick.
可是你既然知道这样
And yet, knowing that,
还是把我扔在那
you threw me right in there anyway.
见过了普林斯顿教授之后
Well, after the professors of Princeton,
你父亲不算什么 我喜欢他
your father is a whoop and a holler. I like him.
如果我是法官 我会把你锁在塔里
If I were the judge, I would lock you in a tower
-像公主一样 -他已经这样做了
- like a princess. - He already has.
你认为蒙哥马利怎么样
What do you think Montgomery is?
作为家乡是个不错的地方
It's a good place to be from.
这点无可争辩
No buts about it.
你好 泽尔达
Well, hello, there, Zelda.
你好 约翰·塞勒斯 你们好
Hey, John Sellers. Hi, y'all.
这是斯科特·菲茨杰拉德中尉
This is Lieutenant Scott Fitzgerald.
你能给我支烟吗 约翰
You got a cigarette for me, John?
你会在镇上待多久 中尉
How long you in town for, Lieutenant?
说不好
No telling.
我在随时待命
I'm expecting my orders any day.
斯科特是个作家
Scott's a writer.
除了保卫国家荣誉的时候他都在写作
That's what he does when he's not defending our country's honor.
是个北方文化人
One of those Yankee highbrows, huh?
我上过大学 如果你是这个意思
I went to college, if that's what you mean.
约翰·塞勒斯刚才在跟我们说
John Sellers was just telling us
他爸爸刚给他买♥♥的新车
about the new car his daddy just got him.
一辆富兰克林旅行车 非常流畅
A Franklin Touring, slick as all get-out.
需要3000多美元
Cost more than $3,000.
真是厉害了
Well, whoop-dee-doo.
还有比汽车
Isn't there anything more interesting
更有趣的话题吗
to talk about than motorcars?
菲茨杰拉德中尉会以为
Lieutenant Fitzgerald's going to think
我们都是一群愚蠢的乡巴佬
we're all a bunch of asinine clodhoppers.
我从来没这么想过
The thought never crossed my mind.
算了 在我们自在过头前赶紧走吧
Come on. Let's scoot before we get comfortable.
你朋友挺多
You have a lot of friends.
我六岁时 我母亲给我办了个生日派对
When I was 6, my mother threw a birthday party for me.
邀请了学校里每一个孩子
Invited every child in school.
但没人来
No one came.
-一个人都没来吗 -没有
- Not even one? - Nope.
一个都没来
Not one.
我吃了整个巧克力蛋糕
I ate the entire chocolate cake
一个人吃完
all by myself.
几支蜡烛也吃了
And several candles.
你好狠心 泽尔达·塞尔
Oh, you are a heartless woman, Zelda Sayre.
抱歉
I'm sorry,
但这是我听过的最美味的悲伤故事了
but that is the most deliciously sad story I've ever heard.
别那么悲伤
Well, don't be too sad.
我在预备学校弥补了损失
I made up for it in prep school.
我很受欢迎
I was quite popular.
大多金发美女都这么说
Voted Most Blond.
走吧
Come on.
晚上好 泽尔达
Evening, Zelda.
晚上好 韦弗先生 韦弗夫人
Evening, Mr. And Mrs. Weaver.
我和她孙女德利娅是同学
I went to school with her granddaughter Delia.
镇上每个人都认识你吗
Does everyone in town know you?
差不多
Pretty much.
好吧
Okay.
给我讲讲你吧
So tell me something
有什么我需要知道的吗 泽尔达·塞尔
that I should know about you, Zelda Sayre.
我特别擅长靠一张嘴摆脱麻烦
I'm extremely talented at talking my way out of trouble.
是吗
Are you now?
我高中基本每天都逃课
And, uh, I've played hooky from high school nearly every day
毕业时平均成绩依然是B+
and still managed to graduate with a high B average.
还有我的嘴唇
And there's my lips.
它们很有名
They're quite famous.
传说我有一张全镇最值得一亲的嘴
Rumor has it I have the most kissable mouth in town.
就外表来看 我没法反驳
By the look of it, I can't disagree.
在这个小镇里 这不算是优点
That's not exactly a virtue in this town.
每个人都知道其他人的事
Everybody knows everybody else's business.
这挺累人的
It's exhausting.
想知道我怎么认为的吗
You want to know what I think?
我认为这些看似很了解你的人
I think that these people that supposedly know you
其实一点也不了解你
don't know you at all.
真的吗
Oh, really?
真的
Yes.
我看那些想取悦你的名门子弟
I look at the bluebloods trying to impress you
有豪车 还继承了大笔财产
with their cars and their legacies.
但他们一点儿也不知道
But they don't have the faintest idea of
你真正是谁
who you really are.
你和他们不一样吗
And you're different?
我们在同一个世界呼吸生活 泽尔达
We move and breathe in the same world, Zelda,
而且这个世界不是阿♥拉♥巴马州的蒙哥马利
and it's not Montgomery, Alabama,
也不是明尼苏达州的圣保罗
or Saint Paul, Minnesota.
这就是为什么你邀请我跳舞吗
Is that why you asked me to dance?
我在那个房♥间里一眼就看到了你
I saw you before anything else in that room.
这太疯狂了
This is crazy nuts.
你在做什么
What are you doing?
我在铭刻那一晚
I'm commemorating that night.
人们将永远记得 我们在这里相遇
This place will forever be known as the place we met.
很有历史意义
It's historic.
好了 现在没人会忘记我们了
There. Now no one will forget us.
F·斯科特·菲茨杰拉德
泽尔达·塞尔
为什么你的名字缩写比我的大那么多
Why are your initials so much bigger than mine,
斯科特·菲茨杰拉德
Scott Fitzgerald?
《爱空想的自负者》
F·斯科特·菲茨杰拉德
菲茨杰拉德
纽约第五大道597号♥
查尔斯·斯克里布纳出版社 收
还有一封
Here's one more.
再给我一块曲奇
Hand me another cookie.
这次要巧克力味的
Chocolate this time.
那个西达·巴拉的妆画得太浓了
That Theda Bara wears too much make-up.
你昨晚又和你那位北方佬见面了吗
Did you see your Yankee again last night?
不是我的北方佬 但我们见面了
He's not my Yankee, but yes.
我们去湖里游泳了
We went swimming in the lake.
只有你们俩吗
Just you two?
当然 傻瓜
Of course, silly.
你妈妈知道吗
Your mama know?
你认为我会告诉我妈妈吗
You think I'd tell my mama?
我觉得约翰·塞勒斯有点儿嫉妒
I think John Sellers is a little jealous.
他不懂你为何要花那么多时间
Doesn't know why you're spending so much time
和菲茨杰拉德中尉在一起
with Lieutenant Fitzgerald.
剧集 | 缘起泽尔达(2015) | 导航列表