剧集 | 缘起泽尔达(2015) | 导航列表
缘起泽尔达 第一季第五集
谢谢
Thank you.
菲茨杰拉德先生
Mr. Fitzgerald,
我是全美国你最忠实的读者
I'm your very biggest fan America has.
你的作品实在是太振奋人心了
It's such an exciting voice you have.
我从头读到尾
I read it from cover to cover.
这是我这么多年来读过的最棒的书
Greatest book I've read in ages.
旷世杰作
A masterpiece.
仿佛你写的就是我
It's as if you're writing about me.
酒杯都倒满
No empty glasses.
酒杯都倒满 这是我的个人私藏
No empty glasses. This is from my personal stock.
大家晚上好 我是哈罗德·欧伯
Good evening, everyone. I'm Harold Ober.
是作家能找到的最出色的文学经纪人
The greatest literary agent an author could ask for.
代表如此杰出的作家是非常轻松的
It's easy when you represent such remarkable authors.
说到杰出
And on the subject of remarkable,
一本小说一印次五千册全部售罄
it's quite something when a novel sells its way
是非常了不起的事情
through a 5,000-copy printing.
现在 欢迎年度奇才
Now meet the wonder boy of the year,
F·斯科特·菲茨杰拉德先生
Mr. F. Scott Fitzgerald,
他的书 两周的销量
who has sold his way through a whopping 20,000 copies
就高达两万册
in two weeks.
好样的
Bravo.
H·L·门肯在评论中写到
From H.L. Mencken, who, as is to be expected,
他写的当然比我们谁写的都好
says it better than the rest of us,
"去读《天堂》吧 句号♥
"Just read 'Paradise.' Stop.
我近来所读到的最好的美国小说 句号♥
The best American novel I've seen of late. Stop.
我同情我将要读的下一本书 说完了 句号♥"
I pity the next book I pick up. End. Stop."
很少有作者刚出道就能获得一致赞扬
It's a rare author that debuts to universal praise.
-好极了 -几乎都说好而已
- Bravo! - Nearly universal.
不许再提海伍德·布鲁恩了
Now, now, no more about Heywood Broun.
反正也没人看《论♥坛♥报》了
Nobody reads the "Tribune" anyway.
敬斯科特·菲茨杰拉德
To Scott Fitzgerald.
敬在场的各位
To all of you
感谢你们拥有极好的品味
for your infinite good taste.
-干杯 -干得漂亮
- Cheers! - Well done!
斯科特 我想让你见一个人
Scott, there's someone I want you to meet.
你认识杰瑞·麦科利尔 这是他的侄子
You know Jerry McCollier, this is his nephew,
是普林斯顿毕业的 16届的
went to Princeton, class of '16?
当然
Oh, of course...
天啊
Dutch! Amazing!
-场面挺大呀 -谁说不是呢
- Quite the occasion. - Oh, isn't it?
我真替斯科特高兴 我像个傻子似的合不拢嘴
I'm so happy for Scott, I'm grinning like a possum.
你看你 泽尔达
Look at you, Zelda.
你真会让自己在众人之中闪耀夺目
You certainly know how to stand out in a room.
你说是不是 妹妹
Don't you think, sister?
没有什么能像恰到好处的掐褶更让我想家的了
Nothing makes me homesick like a well placed ruffle.
我们明天在里茨大酒店喝茶 亲爱的
We're having tea at the Ritz tomorrow, darling.
你可一定要来啊
Do say you'll come.
-文森特 -米莱小姐
- Vincent! - Miss Millay!
埃德娜·圣·文森特·米莱 诗人
Edna St. Vincent Millay, the poet.
亲爱的 这是谁啊
Hello, darling. Who is this?
泽尔达·菲茨杰拉德 你好
Zelda Fitzgerald. How do you do?
-那位妻子 -是的 菲茨杰拉德太太
- The wife. - That's right. Mrs. Fitzgerald.
文森特·米莱
Vincent Millay.
我以为名字里还有埃德娜或者圣什么的
I thought there was an Edna or Saint in there someplace.
我从来都不是什么埃德娜
Oh, I've never been much of an Edna.
也没人叫我圣人
And no one would call me a saint.
你的诗我都读过
Well, I've read all your poetry.
我肯定你最忠实的读者之一
I'm sure I'm one of your biggest fans.
"蜡烛同燃两头
"My candle burns at both ends;
岂能挨到天亮
It will not last the night;
但它为敌为友
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--
放射绚烂光芒"
It gives a lovely light!"
写得太美了
Oh, it's just gorgeous.
真棒 这四句诗你都背下来了
How lovely, you memorized all four lines.
我一直以来都想见见你
Well, I've always wanted to meet you,
可算是见过了
and now I certainly have.
我不知道她还以为能怎样呢
Oh, I don't know what she thought would happen,
穿着那件破袍子绕着阿尔冈昆跳华尔兹吗
waltzing around the Algonquin in that fucking frock.
这姑娘还是战前的打扮
Girl reeks of antebellum.
-泽尔达 你在这呢 -是啊
- Zelda, there you are. - Here I am.
我得多花些时间跟你在一起
I need more time with you.
我们约个时间去逛街好吗
We are going to have to make a date to go shopping.
这样的话我就能独自占用你
That way I get you all to myself.
好啊好啊
Yes. Let's do that.
班克海德姐妹口音都没了
The Bankheads lost their accents.
你都听不出他们是从蒙哥马利来的
You'd never know they were from Montgomery.
-塔露拉是个演员 -是吗 亲爱的
- Tallulah's an actress. - Oh, is she, darling?
我就喜欢你懒洋洋的腔调 亲爱的
I love your drawl, darling girl.
你可不许把口音弄丢了
Don't you ever lose it.
弄丢了 我压根都不知道该怎么丢
Lose it? I wouldn't know how.
你是个真正的奇女子
You are a genuine marvel.
某人应该亲亲你
Someone should kiss you.
的确应该
Someone should.
现在的首要任务是你的下一本小说 亲爱的
The priority, my dear boy, is your next novel.
整个国家的人都在等着看
The entire country is waiting to see
F·斯科特·菲茨杰拉德接下来会写出什么
what F. Scott Fitzgerald will think of next.
完全没错
Absolutely.
你可是个艺术家 菲茨杰拉德
You're a fine artist, Fitzgerald.
文坛在等着你
The literary world awaits.
不过 比尔莫酒店也在等着你
However, the Biltmore also awaits.
付房♥间的钱
Payment for a certain room?
1815号♥
1815?
或许你可以给《科利尔》或者
So perhaps a story for, say,
《麦考尔》杂♥志♥写小说
"Collier's" or "McCall's."
每本杂♥志♥都渴望你的下一篇短篇小说
Every magazine is clamoring for your next short story.
这就是你的谋财之道
It's your bread and butter.
谁的谋财之道
Whoes bread and butter?
交上去一个他们之前退回的故事
Submit a story that they've already rejected.
看看现在菲茨杰拉德的名号♥对他们有没有用
See if the name Fitzgerald means something to them now.
至于预付款
And as to the advance,
你要知道就是这样的会议
you realize that it's meetings like this
占用了我全部的写作时间
that take up all my writing time.
我们别担心 好吗
Well, let's not worry, shall we?
今天的读书会让我们所有人受益
The book reading today will benefit all of us.
什么读书会
What book reading.
在国家艺术俱乐部的
At the National Arts Club.
我没同意参加吧
I didn't agree to that, did I?
据我回忆 当时几杯马提尼下肚
As I recall, a couple Martinis,
你也觉得那主意不错
and you thought it was a marvelous idea.
你不能把我喝醉酒说的话当真
You can't take my drunken word for it.
那我们还拿什么为准
What else have we?
场面会很盛大的 有书迷 还有评论家
It'll be grand. Fans, critics.
还有H·L·门肯
H.L. Mencken.
波顿·拉斯科 海伍德·布鲁恩
Burton Rascoe. Heywood Broun.
但是布鲁恩讨厌我
But Broun hates me.
等他听过你读书就不会了
Only until he hears you read.
她们不断拿衣服过来
Well, they just keep coming and going.
难道不是很漂亮吗
Isn't it wonderful?
二位有任何想试穿的衣服
Anything you ladies would like to try on,
我们随时服务
we're at your service.
泽尔达
Zelda?
那些我都不想穿
None of those.
这件
Now, this.
你觉得怎么样
What do you think?
泽尔达 你在什么场合能穿它呢
Now, Zelda, where would you wear a thing like that?
这就是有趣之处
Well, that's the fun.
你穿上礼服 然后就会感觉一定得
you put the gown on, and then you're practically obligated
找个配得上穿它的场合
to find an occasion worthy of the thing.
我应该试试吗
Shall I try it on?
剧集 | 缘起泽尔达(2015) | 导航列表