When did they last meet?
她们并没有见面
They didn't, actually.
她们约了一次会面 但她没来
There was a session booked but she didn't show up.
很抱歉这么说
Look, I'm sorry to say this,
但这一切不是有个很显然的解释吗
but is there not an obvious explanation to all this?
什么解释
And what's that?
安娜贝尔是个年轻女孩
Well, Annabelle's a young girl,
刚大学毕业 住在剑桥附近
just finished university, hanging around Cambridge.
你不觉得有可能她去了什么地方
Do you not think maybe that she just went away somewhere?
什么意思
What does that mean?
我不知道
I don't know.
也许某个她哥哥找不到的地方
Maybe somewhere where her brother couldn't follow her?
和她男朋友 或女朋友 你告诉我
With a boyfriend, a girlfriend, you tell me.
你肯定对这种事了如指掌 不是吗
And you'd know all about that sort of thing, would you?
你说什么
I'm sorry?
我在你家和你女朋友说了话
I spoke to your girlfriend at the house.
谁
Who?
我没听清楚她的名字 但她帮了很大的忙
I didn't catch her name, but she was very helpful.
《诺达拉之屋》
迈克·卡拉翰著
第二章
虽然许多事荒谬得让人难以置信
但不管发生了什么 都不奇怪
引述自《远离尘嚣》 托马斯·哈代著
我没怎么研究过哈代
Well, I'm afraid Hardy isn't really my area,
但我们可以谈谈
but we'll manage.
安娜贝尔可能是你见过的最有条理的人
Annabelle's the most organized person you could meet.
但你觉得怎么
But you think what?
她就这么背着一个小帆布背包去了别处
She just took off somewhere with one tiny rucksack?
帆布背包
Rucksack?
她房♥间里唯一不见的东西
Only thing missing from her room.
很抱歉你大老远地赶过来
Look, I'm sorry that you had to come all this way.
很抱歉我帮不了你更多了
I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful,
但我真的得走了
but I really need to go.
这是我父亲的葬礼 你知道吗
It's my father's funeral, do you understand?
她会出现的 你妹妹
She'll turn up, though, your sister.
我肯定
I'm sure of it.
驾照 安娜贝尔·洛瑞姆
我的天
Oh, my god.
妈的
Shit.
《废墟》 安娜贝尔·洛瑞姆
亲爱的安娜贝尔
恭喜你完成了第一部小说
你是位出色的作家 有着大好前程
迈克
第二章
虽然许多事荒谬得让人难以置信
但不管发生了什么 都不奇怪
引述自《远离尘嚣》 托马斯·哈代著