我只是想听实话
I just want you to be honest with me.
你看见了她的幻像 你还认为她在给我打电♥话♥
You're seeing visions of her, you think she's calling my phone.
你快别闹了
This has to stop.
你到底想让我怎样
What are you trying to do to me?
我感觉自己疯了
I feel like I'm losing my mind.
来 你来打
Here, call it.
-我不想打 -快打
- I don't want to. - Do it.
呼叫萝辛
迈克吗 我一直在给你打电♥话♥
Michael? I've been trying to call you.
还在吗
Hello?
-玛丽在用她的旧手♥机♥ -好吧
- Mary has her old phone. - Right.
奥菲莉娅 怎么了
Ophelia, what is going on?
你觉得这里发生了什么
What is it that you think is happening here?
如果你告诉我真♥相♥ 也许我就不会那么神经质了
Perhaps I'd be less paranoid if you told me the truth.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
你说在咖啡馆和人会面 但你去了哪儿
You said you had a meeting at the cafe, but where were you?
-为什么你要对我说谎 -天呐
- Why would you lie to me? - Jesus!
好 你听着
Fine, yeah. Okay, listen.
我去村里见保罗谈卖♥♥♥房♥♥子的事情
I went into the village and met Paul about the house sale.
我不想在我爸面前说这个事
I didn't wanna say in front of my dad
因为这会让他难过 就这么回事
because it upsets him, that's all.
手♥机♥里还有一个马修的留言 和露丝有关
And there was a message on it from Matthew about Ruth.
她肯定知道我们的事了
She definitely knows about us.
知道又怎样 我们在一起了
So what if she does? We're together now.
你说一切都会好的
And you said everything would be fine,
但在咖啡馆和酒吧里 所有人都盯着我看
but everyone was staring at me in the cafe, in the pub.
我明白
I know.
我明白 很抱歉
I know and I'm sorry.
你不应该被牵扯进来
You shouldn't have been dragged into all this.
看到你处理这些事情的方式 我觉得你真坚强
When I see how you've handled everything, you're so strong.
我不这么觉得
I don't feel it.
你已经比我坚强了
You're stronger than I could ever be.
我需要把这里的事情处理好
I just need to tie up everything here,
处理好之后 我们就一起回剑桥
and when I do, then you and I can go back to Cambridge,
光明正大的 一起回去
properly, together.
-我很乐意 -是吗
- I'd love that. - Yeah?
这就太好了
I'd love that more than anything in the world.
上楼吧 我一会儿上去
Go upstairs. I'll come up in a minute.
-好 -去吧
- Okay. - Okay.
你回来了
Ah, you're back.
迈克和你一起回来的吗
Michael with you?
不 是的 他在楼下
No, I mean, yes, he's downstairs.
玛丽 你在干什么
Mary, what are you doing?
我在整理萝辛的东西
I'm just trying to sort out Roisin's things.
这件原来是我的 你知道吗
This was mine, you know?
当然 他们加了些蕾丝上去
Course, they had to add some lace.
她比我高不少
She was a good bit taller than me.
过来坐一会儿
Come and sit down just for a minute.
你感觉如何
How are you feeling?
休告诉我你在浴室受惊了
Hugh told me about your scare in the bathroom.
-我没事 -这一切肯定不容易
- I'm fine. - It can't be easy, all this.
我明白 你知道吗
I do understand, you know?
-你明白 -不是你的错
- You do? - Well, it's not your fault.
我不傻
I'm not naive.
我知道可能发生这样的事
I know how it can happen.
但大家现在还都有些措手不及
But things are still very raw for everyone.
你为什么不直接回家呢 亲爱的
Why don't you just go home, love?
也许过段时间一切就能解决了 但不是现在
Maybe it'll work out in time, but not now.
你得允许他悲伤
You need to let him grieve.
你在这呢
Here you are.
你得多喝一点
Aye, you need to drink plenty of that.
对小宝宝好
Good for the wee baby.
-你搞定了吗 -暂时搞定了
- Are you done here? - Aye, for now.
-可以送我去商店吗 -当然可以
- Will you lift me to the shop? - Aye, no problem.
我答应休 今晚我给你们做晚餐
I promised Hugh I'd make you all dinner tonight.
我得去买♥♥点东西
I just need to grab a few bits.
你自己一个人能行吧
You'll be all right, won't you?
嗯 当然
Yeah, of course.
好
Yeah.
在发生了那样的事情之后
People don't like the idea of living here
没人会想住在这 爸爸 但我今早和保罗谈过
after what happened, Dad, but I spoke to Paul this morning,
听说有一些地♥产♥开♥发♥商来找他
and apparently he's been approached by some property developers
他们对这块地很感兴趣
who are very interested in the land.
什么意思 这块地
What do you mean, the land?
是一家拥有很多乡村酒店的公♥司♥
It's a company that owns a group of country hotels.
基本上就是说
Basically, look, it would just mean
我们可以不用翻修房♥子了
that we'll save on finishing renovations.
可以买♥♥个新房♥子 更结实的
We could buy somewhere new, more compact,
也许还可以选沿海的
up the coast, perhaps.
除非我死了
Over my dead body.
你来了 亲爱的
Ah, there you are, love.
坐吧 我给你拿晚饭
Sit down, I'll get you your food.
你感觉怎么样
Hey, how are you feeling?
-好多了 谢谢 -那就好
- Better, thanks. - Okay.
你毫无敬重之心
You've no respect.
-不好意思 你说什么 -他不是在说你 没事的
- I'm sorry? - Not you, it's all right.
我祖父建造了这栋房♥子
My grandfather built this house.
-那只是一个想法罢了 爸爸 -谢谢
- It was just an idea, Dad. - Thank you.
我特地为你做的
I made yours specially.
你知道的 迈克
You know, Michael,
很多事情我都不记得了
there are lots of things I don't remember.
但是大多数我记得的事 都发生在这栋房♥子里
But most of what I do remember happened in this house.
这是我们的家 看在上帝的份上
This is our home, for God's sake.
我知道 爸爸 我知道
I know, Dad, I know.
你不必继续讲了
You don't have to keep going on.
接下来你就会给我们讲布丽姬特的故事
Next you'll be telling us about Bridget.
谁是布丽姬特
Who's Bridget?
他还没给你讲过这个故事吗
What, he hasn't told you this story?
我觉得没有
Don't think so.
-你在激怒我吗 儿子 -当然不是
- You winding me up now, son? - Absolutely not.
请继续讲吧
Please, go on.
玛丽 你能把酒递给我吗
Mary, can you pass me the wine?
这是个不错的故事
It's a good one.
那是在1949年 爱尔兰共和国脱离英国独♥立♥
It was 1949, the year the Republic was declared.
当时我7岁
I was seven years old.
我爸在利物浦找了份工作 建一所新学校
My old da got a job in Liverpool to build a new school.
他要断断续续地离开大约六个月
Well, he was to be gone for around six months, on and off,
所以他需要有个人来照料花♥园♥
so he needed someone to look after the garden
照看家里的东西
and keep an eye on things.
有个叫麦金利的人
There was this fella named McGinley.
他住在村子前面那栋房♥子里
He lived in that house just before the village there,
你知道我说的是哪栋房♥子吧
you know the one I mean?
-我知道 爸爸 -麦金利他
- Yes, Dad. - McGinley, he comes here
每天一早来这里 大约在第三天
every day first thing, and then on around the third day,
他女儿和他一起来了
his daughter comes with him.
她径直走到我房♥间做自我介绍
She comes straight into my room and introduces herself.
她就是布丽姬特
This was Bridget.
她比我年长一些
She was a wee bit older than me,
不多 大概比我大一岁
not much, maybe a year or so.
她看着我 好像我是那个最愚蠢的小男孩
And she'd look at me like I was the silliest little boy,
但我那时特别喜欢她
but by God I was mad about her.
一整天 我们都在房♥子周围
All day, we'd play hide-and-seek around the house
和外面的树林里玩捉迷藏
and by the trees outside.
那几周我们形影不离
For weeks we were inseparable.
我爸爸完成了利物浦的工作 他回家了
My da's job in Liverpool finished, he came home.
麦金利和布丽姬特都不再过来了
McGinley stopped coming and so did Bridget.
几周后 有一天我在树林里玩
Weeks passed, then one day I was playing in the woods
突然她就出现了
and out of nowhere, there she was.
她告诉我她父母
She told me that her ma and da
不让她再和我玩了
wouldn't let her play with me anymore,
但我们可以悄悄见面