受骗者
第一季 第一集
从第一眼看到那栋房♥子起
I was always frightened of the house
我就对它有一种恐惧
from the first moment I saw it.
它似乎能看穿你的思想
It seemed to take all the pain, all the fear,
让那些藏匿在暗处的痛苦和恐惧裸♥露♥出来
everything that lurks in the darkest corners of the mind,
并以之为食
and feed off it.
你别误会 我不需要同情
I don't want sympathy if that's what you think.
我不需要你可怜我
I don't want you to pity me.
我只是想解释清楚
I'm only trying to explain.
我母亲去世后 我觉得我永远无法走出来
When my mother died, I thought I would never recover.
我迫切地需要转移注意力
I desperately needed a distraction
也许一切就是这样开始的
and I suppose that's how it all started.
我和迈克
With Michael.
但是在其他方面 其他许多方面
Yet in other respects, many other respects,
他却不愿意承认所受的影响
he is defensive about his influences.
当有人问起 他是否受到过
When asked for example if he was influenced
彼时当代哲学家的影响时
by contemporary philosophers at the time,
他列举了理由来否认...
he denied it on grounds of--
这还怎么认真听讲
How are we supposed to concentrate?
什么意思
What do you mean?
你看看他 奥菲莉娅
Just look at him, Ophelia.
我在努力听课
I'm trying to listen.
你知道他妻子是谁吗
Do you know who he's married to?
不知道
No.
萝辛·莫利
Roisin Mulvery.
-那位作家吗 -对
- The writer? - Yeah.
他也是欣赏智慧的人
He goes for brains too.
因为他的性格 时刻会质疑
Because his characters constantly
拥有自我的概念 到底意味着什么
question what it is to have a sense of self.
-小心 -抱歉
- Watch it! - Sorry!
该死
Shit.
-你还好吗 -谢谢 抱歉
- You all right? - Thanks, thanks, sorry.
你漏了这个
You missed this.
谢谢你
Oh, thank you.
看起来无聊得很
Looks pretty dull to me.
确实如此
Yes, it was rather.
某个爱尔兰演说家
Some Irish lecturer.
不是卡拉翰吧
Not Callaghan?
正是
That's right.
我知道他
Yeah, I know him.
他就是个江湖骗子
Complete charlatan.
无视他吧
Ignore him.
建议你把那些都撕掉
I'd rip those up if I were you.
那是一场偶然的邂逅
It was a chance encounter.
我甚至可能会完全忘记
I might've forgotten all about it.
但命运再次让我们相遇
But chance threw us together again.
托马斯教授今天不在
需要辅♥导♥的本科生请去楼上找卡拉翰博士
迈克·卡拉翰博士
请进
Come in.
卡拉翰博士
Dr. Callaghan.
又见面了
Hello again.
我本来约了托马斯教授作辅♥导♥
I had a supervision with Professor Thomas.
-但是看到通知 -是的
- There's a note. - Yeah, yeah.
请坐
Please, sit down.
稍等
One second.
我真需要好好整理一下
You know, I really need a system.
我总是找不着想找的东西
I can never find what I'm looking for.
你今天来想问什么
What are we doing today?
-哈代 -哈代
- Hardy. - Hardy.
没问题 他算诗人还是算小说家
Well, there you have it. Is he in poets or is he in novelists?
都算吧 我觉得
Both, I expect.
没错 简直乱极了
Exactly. It's chaos.
我是个学者 不是图书管♥理♥员♥
I'm supposed to be an academic, not a librarian.
行 我先不找了
Right, I'm gonna stop this now.
抱歉
Sorry.
你说的是哈代吗
Hardy, you said?
-对 -对
- Yes. - Yes.
老天 太抱歉了 我还没问过你叫什么呢
God, I'm so sorry. I never even asked you your name.
我的名单不知道放哪了
I have a list here somewhere.
奥菲莉娅
Ophelia.
美丽的奥菲莉娅
Pretty Ophelia.
你说什么
I'm sorry?
这是谁说的
Who said that?
是克劳狄斯说的 对吧
Claudius, isn't it?
是这样 我还以为...
Oh, I see, I thought...
真遗憾
That's a shame.
我没怎么研究过哈代 但我们可以谈谈
Well, Hardy isn't really my area, but we'll manage.
这本书你读过吗
Have you read this one?
《诺达拉之屋》
"The House at Knockdara."
这本难道比哈代的书要好吗
And it's better than Hardy?
不 我没...
No, I didn't...
你拿着吧
Well take it anyway.
我很想知道你的读后感
I'd like to know what you think,
只要你别说它不忍♥卒读就行
as long as you don't think it's terrible.
快要出版了
It's about to be published.
-恭喜 -谢谢你
- Congratulations. - Thank you.
我抽根烟 你介意吗
You mind if I smoke?
当然不介意了 这是你的办公室
Of course not, it's your room.
已经有三个学生举报过我了
I've had three students complain already,
这可以理解 毕竟时代变了 但是...
which is fair enough I suppose these days, but...
我抽烟的时候更能打开话匣子
I feel like I've got more to say when I smoke, you know?
我和那些学生就没什么好聊的
When I'm with them, I got nothing to offer.
你的妻子介意你抽烟吗
Does your wife let you smoke?
我妻子不介意我抽烟
Yes, my wife lets me smoke.
可问题不在这
That's not the problem.
她也是一名作家 对吧
She's a writer too, isn't she?
没错 而且比我成功得多了
Yes, a much more successful writer than me.
你是怎么知道的呢
Now how do you know that?
我研究过了
Research.
围绕主题做拓展阅读了是吗
Reading around your subject?
差不多吧
Something like that.
我沉沦的那一刻 似乎就无法回头了
The moment I gave into it, there seemed to be no going back.
我觉得自己无法控制
It felt like I had no control.
我试着不去想他的妻子
I tried not to think about his wife,
不去想我们给她带来的伤害
the suffering we were causing,
直到有一天 无所遁形
until there was no hiding from it.
女士们
Ladies.
我知道
Yeah, I know.
你好啊
Hello.
我是萝辛
I'm Roisin.
我认识你
I know.
我是奥菲莉娅
I'm Ophelia.
我是您的铁粉 我太喜欢您的书了
I'm such a huge fan. I just love your books.
对不起 这种话您听太多了吧
Sorry, you must get that all the time.
你在读英文专业吗 奥菲莉娅
Are you reading English, Ophelia?
对
Yes.
你可能认识我丈夫迈克
You might know Michael, my husband.
没错
That's right.
他刚刚出版了他的第一部小说
He's just published his first novel.
书评很好 让人很烦
The reviews are annoyingly good.
而刚刚的十分钟里 我一直
Whereas I've just spent the last 10 minutes
在听个无聊的老学究跟我解释我自己的作品
listening to some dreary old don explain my own work to me.
很显然 这对通俗小说来说算是不错了
Apparently, it's not bad for popular fiction,
你能想象这让人松了一大口气
which came as a huge relief you can imagine.
天啊 那可不太好
Oh dear, that's not good.
自以为是的傻瓜
Patronizing prick.
迈克懂得如何和这些人周♥旋♥
Michael knows how to play to these people,
可我 觉得这很难
but I, whew, I find it difficult.
有些男人很恶心
Some of the men are awful.
有些女人也是
And the women.
她们有更高明的办法来排斥你