剧集 | 绛红雪白的花瓣(2011) | 导航列表
没有
No.
这是本仇恨的书 卡迪
It's a book of hate, Caddie,
用来报复每个外强中乾的
to wreak revenge on every pompous trembling worm
爬上卡特韦夫人门槛的小爬虫
who taps at Mrs Castaway's door!
比尔
BILL!
波德利,阿什韦
Bodley, Ashwell.
你头髮遭什麽殃啦?
What HAS happened to your hair?
啊 这个...是照马修·阿诺德 (19世纪英国诗人 评论家) 剪的
Ah, it... It was supposed to look like Matthew Arnold.
剪得不像我挺高兴的
I'm actually pleased it doesn't,
我觉得他的新作有点被吹捧过头了
I...I think his latest work to be overrated.
来吧 老伙计 去喝一杯
Come on, old chap, let's get you a drink.
我们爲鑽研这本书可绞尽了脑汁了
So, we're quite worn out by the research for this book.
那你们想出名字了吗?
And, do you have a title yet?
「祷告的效力」
The Efficacy of Prayer.
反讽的 对
It's ironic. Yes.
有希望找到一家出版商吗?
Is there any hope of finding a publisher for such a piece?
这年头 总有雷霆般的呼声在要求
There's a thundering call these days for books
那种打破社会结构的书 説到这个...
that destroy the fabric of society. Speaking of which...
你那部大作如何了?
how goes the great work?
按部就班的推进中
At its own pace.
好吧
Well...
也别全扑在书上
don't let the book consume you entirely.
近来你都成了隐士了 大好机会都丧失了
You're a virtual recluse these days, and such opportunities lost!
机会?
Opportunities?
露西·菲茨罗伊 纔14歳 哦
Lucy Fitzroy. Only 14. Oh!
在乔吉娜夫人手下 使得一手好鞭子
Wields a vicious whip at Madame Georgina's.
好个小骚货
An absolute fizgig!
不过我们眞正朝思暮想的是苏糖
But the one we're just dying to have a crack at is Sugar.
苏糖? 卡特韦夫人家的
Sugar? Over at Mrs Castaway's,
那可是高级去处
a very high-class house.
当然 怎麽也吃不到口
Of course, one can never get her.
我都开始怀疑有没有她这个人了
I begin to wonder if she even exists.
声名远播 十分诱人
The most intriguing reputation.
传説她从不让人失望
They say she never disappoints.
这总让你文思泉涌了吧
That'd put ink in your nib, now.
门铃这东西就不该让人按两次
It should never be necessary to ring a doorbell more than once...
...尤其是在...自己家里
..especially if it is... one's own...
莱蒂
Letty.
拉克汉夫人还好吗? 还好 先生
How is Mrs Rackham? Well, sir, I believe.
科鲁医生和她在一起
Doctor Curlew is with her.
拉克汉先生?
Mr Rackham?
家里没有煤了
We're short on coal.
一直没人送来
The delivery never arrived.
我换了一家煤铺
I've changed supplier.
原来那家越来越靠不住了
Our fellow was becoming quite erratic.
(里德煤铁公♥司♥ 账单 共15镑)
(科鲁医生 账单 10镑)
拉克汉先生?
Mr Rackham?
科鲁
Curlew.
请坐吧
Please.
眼下 她还挺清醒的
Well, she's tolerably lucid,
可我预料她很快就会崩溃
but I expect a full collapse very shortly.
是吗?
Really?
我还觉得她好转了呢
I had been thinking she seemed rather better.
那你就上当了
Then you're deluded.
拉克汉 每次我拜访她
Rackham, every time I visit her,
她都要费很大自♥制♥力鎭定下来
she has to fight that much more strenuously to compose herself.
她对您的来访压力很大
She finds your visits very stressful.
也许我... 我很理解
Perhaps I... I do understand
让艾格尼丝暂时入院...
that having Agnes temporarily committed...
入院
Committed!
会使您痛苦 以及名誉受损
..would cause you personal pain and social embarrassment.
可我也见过别的人纠结于这个决定
But I have seen other men wrestle with the same decision and,
相信我 他们一旦下定了决心
believe me, once they have made it,
个个都如释重负
they are relieved beyond words.
「声名远播 十分诱人」
'The most intriguing reputation.
「传説她从不让人失望」
'They say she never disappoints.
「卡特韦太太皇冠上的明珠」
'The jewel in Castaway's crown.
(红髮女郎 苏糖小姐)
「苏糖」
'Sugar.
「价廉如棉布 享受如绫罗」
'Pay for cotton, but lie in silk.
「去乞讨 去借 去偸 来买♥♥我春宵一度」
'Beg, borrow or steal to buy my services.
「来炉边客栈找我」
'Seek me out at the Fireside Inn.'
我看起来怎样 克拉拉?
How do I look, Clara?
眞美
Beautiful.
医生説...我不能再读书了
The doctor... says I'm not to read any more.
他説那...会刺♥激♥我
He...he says it excites me.
他也不是什麽都懂 对
Well, he doesn't know everything. No.
(救命)
help
你眞是个淘气的孩子!
You've been a very naughty boy!
你还没告诉我们你是干什麽的呢
So, you never told us what it is you do,
做什麽生意的? 生意
what line of business? Business?
这个词我提都懒得提
There's a word I've no time for!
不 我是个作家
No, I am a writer,
小説家 评论家
novelist, critic.
你叫什麽? 没准我听过你呢
What's your name? I might've heard of you.
我估计不会
I very much doubt that.
你们几位女士 恕我直言 不像读书人
You ladies don't, if you'll excuse me, look like readers.
别看不起人了
I know more than you might expect.
我可试过狄更斯的 他早挂了吧?
I've had Charles Dickens. Ain't he dead?
她舔的那部分还立着呢
Not the bit she sucked on!
那是谁?
Who's that?
那不是你在等的人吗?
Is that who you're waiting for?
他和这里一半傻瓜都在等
Him and half the fools in 'ere.
嘿 苏糖 他説他是作家
Hey, Sugar! Writer, he says!
在等你呢
Waiting for ya.
八成等了一辈子了吧
All his life, I don't doubt!
晚上好 您是...
Good evening, Mr...
亨特
Hunt.
有个H的
With an aitch.
呃 乔治·亨特
Er, George Hunt.
你是...
And you are...?
苏糖就是我的姓名 亨特先生
Sugar is all there is to my name, Mr Hunt.
苏糖
Sugar.
希望您没有等很久 和这三女巫
I do hope you haven't been waiting too long with the Three Witches
在一起
for company.
三女巫...这是马克白里的
The Three Witc... That's Macbeth.
请原谅我的仪容
You must forgive my appearance.
这恶劣天气把我的头髮全给糟蹋了
This foul weather plays havoc with my hair.
我的也是
Oh, mine too!
我专门照着马修·阿诺德剪的
I had it cut. It was supposed to look like Matthew Arnold.
剪得不像 庆幸吧
It doesn't. Be thankful.
我觉得他有点被吹捧过头了
I think he's rather overrated,
不过您当然比我明智
but I'm sure you know much better than I.
不 我同意
No! I agree.
那还用説
Absolutely.
怎麽也比不上拉斯金 (19世纪英国艺术评论家)
Give me Ruskin, any day!
如果您説的是拉斯金先生的散文
If it is Mr Ruskin's prose you're referring to,
那我完全同意
then I quite concur.
他的诗就免了
Spare me his poetry.
他的韵律确实乏善可陈
In verse he's a major minor.
丁尼生的新作 多麽奇妙
Tennyson's latest work, pure whimsy.
多麽奇妙 简直...异想天开
It's whimsy, it's whi...whimsical.
有个诗人 詹姆斯·汤普森(18世纪苏格兰诗人)
It's... There is a poet, James Thompson.
詹姆斯·汤普森?
James Thompson?
对 詹姆斯·汤普森 他最新的作品
Yes, James Thompson, who in his latest work
眞是...翻天覆地
is truly...breaking new ground.
「闇夜之城」?
The City of Dreadful Night?
你知道?
You know it?
「世事轮转 如同磨坊」
The world rolls round for ever like a mill.
「磨出善与恶 生与死」
It grinds out life and death and good and ill.
「没有目标 没有心灵 没有头脑」