剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表
自己的未经事先协调的新线路,
and each competing with the other
每家公♥司♥都相互竞争,
to the detriment of all.
损害所有人的利益。
I see.I see a problem.
我看到了。我看到了问题所在。
Do you see a problem, Secretary Taft?
你觉得有什么问题吗,塔夫脱部长?
I suppose I do.
我想是的。
Not wishing to be impolite, and with the greatest respect,
我不想失礼,恕我直言,
what is Secretary Taft doing in the room?
塔夫脱部长在房♥间里干什么?
This has nothing to do with war.
这里的事情与战争无关。
Bill is giving me legal advice on the course I propose to take,
比尔正在就我打算选的课程给我提供法律方面的建议,
and I like to have him around
in case I need to remember anything in the future.
我喜欢有他在身边,以防我将来需要回忆什么。
And not wishing to be impolite, I understand why J.P. Morgan is here,
我不想失礼,我理解J.P.摩根为什么来,
but what's your role in this?
但你在其中扮演什么角色?
I am an investor in the consortium
我是财团的投资者,
and Mr. Morgan's adviser.
也是摩根先生的顾问。
Ah. Who's the top dog?
啊。谁是老大?
(chuckles)
[笑声]
There are several members...
有几个成员…
When I decided to break up this monopoly,
当我决定打破这种垄断时,
I got a message from one man.
我收到了一个人发来的消息。
It says, "If we have done anything wrong,
上面说:“如果我们做错了什么,
send your man to my man and they can fix it up."
让你的人去找我的人,他们可以解决问题。”
Who sent this message?
这条消息是谁发的?
-I did. -Teddy: Ah!
-正是我。 -泰迪:啊!
The richest man in America.
美国首富。
Perhaps.
也许是。
And when I wouldn't send anyone up to New York,
当我不愿派任何人到纽约来的时候,
you sent Mr. Perkins here, "your man,"
你却派珀金斯先生,所谓的“你的人”,
to try and "fix things up," and I wouldn't see him,
来试着“解决问题”,而我不愿见他,
and so, after a lot of back and forth and with great reluctance...
于是,在反复地、极不情愿地…
I came all the way down here in the middle of a busy week,
我在忙碌的一周中一路赶来,
hoping to find a reasonable solution.
希望能找到一个合理的解决方案。
Let me ask you something, J.P.
我来问你,J.P.。
Does your bank invest in all these companies
你的银行投资所有这些公♥司♥
for the reasons of charity or profit?
是出于慈善,还是盈利的原因?
Profit! Obviously!
盈利!这是很显然的!
And as a result, I have created hundreds and thousands of jobs,
结果,我创造了成千上万的就业机会,
far more than you ever will,and if you want to talk about charity as well,
远远超过你们,如果你们也想谈论慈善,
let me remind you, I'm largely responsible for founding and funding
让我提醒你们,我在很大程度上负责建立和资助
the Museum of Natural History,of which I am told you are quite fond.
自然历史博物馆,我听说你们很喜欢它。
I am, and I know all that,
是的,这些我都知道,
but that doesn't change the fact that you will soon control
但这改变不了事实,你很快就会控制
the transportation system of the United States of America.
美♥利♥坚♥合众国的交通系统。
This will give you the power to raise or lower
这将赋予你权力,不仅可以提高或降低
not only the price of a businessman's ticket,
商人的车票价格,
but to arbitrarily raise or lower the cost to a farmer
还可以任意提高或降低
of bringing his produce to market.
农民将其产品推向市场的成本。
Why would he do that?
他为什么要这么做?
Let's say Mr. Morgan owns a company that has a competitor.
假设摩根先生拥有一家公♥司♥,这家公♥司♥有一个竞争对手。
Mr. Morgan could raise the transportation costs to that competitor
摩根先生可以提高竞争对手的运输成本,
and starve it to death.
让它饿死。
He might even decide he didn't like a state
他甚至可能会决定他不喜欢一个州,
and cut it off, and as that...
然后把它砍掉...
I am not a bad man.
我不是一个坏人。
...would affect the welfare of the nation,I won't allow it,
...会影响国家的福利,我不会允许的,
because my purpose is not to make money
因为我的目的不是赚钱,
but to protect all the people.
而是保护所有的人。
All the people who voted for President McKinley,
所有投票给麦金利总统的人,
a man who would never be so stupid as to go to war
一个绝不会愚蠢到与美国
with the most powerful man in America!
最有权力的人开战的人!
Thank you for making my point.
谢谢你阐明我的观点。
What point?
什么观点?
There can only be one
只有一个
"most powerful man in America,"
"美国最有权势的人"
and that man is me.
那个人就是我。
If it were otherwise, we wouldn't be living in a democracy.
如果不是这样,我们就不会生活在民♥主♥国家。
Democracy? Dictatorship's more like it!
民♥主♥吗? 这更像是独♥裁♥统治!
Both I and Mr. Perkins and all my partners
我和珀金斯先生以及我所有的合伙人
firmly believe in the principles of democracy,
都坚信民♥主♥的原则,
and I...
而我…
apologize for that remark.
为那句言论道歉。
But can't you see how foolish it is to fight me
但你难道看不出来,跟我作对,
and lose the benefits of friendship with a captain of industry and finance,
失去与一个工业和金融巨头友谊的好处,是多么愚蠢,
particularly when you run for re-election...?
尤其是在你竞选连任的时候…?
I am not here to get money from anyone to win the next election,
我来这里,不是为了从任何人那里拿钱来赢得下次选举,
least of all from you.
至少不是从你那里。
I am here to do the best I can for the working men,
我在这里是为了这个国家的
women and children of this country,
工人们、妇女们和孩子们尽我所能,
whom you "captains of industry and finance" treat so badly!
你们这些“工业和金融领袖”对他们如此恶劣!
I applaud enterprise,
我为企业喝彩,
but it is my absolute right to regulate it for the benefit of all!
但我有绝对的权利,为了所有人的利益来规范约束它!
(door closes)
[关门声]
(Brazilian national anthem playing)
[巴西国歌♥响起]
在伊匹兰加平静的河岸上
响起了英雄民族的呼声
自♥由♥的太阳照耀着我们
在祖国的天空大放光芒。
如果凭着我们坚强的双手
可以谋求平等,
啊,自♥由♥,在你的怀抱中,
我们勇敢的胸膛可以战胜死亡!
啊,可爱的祖国
......
I think we need to clarify a few things here.
我想我们需要澄清一些事情。
We are both co-commanders of this mission,
我们都是这次任务的共同指挥官,
which is all well and good...
希望一切顺利并结果良好…
Colonel Roosevelt,it is very simple.
罗斯福上校,这很简单。
I have a motto out here that I've lived by for 20 years.
我靠着这句座右铭,已经活了二十年。
Well, what is this motto, please do tell?
这个座右铭是什么,请告诉我?
"To die if necessary, to kill never."
"必要时去死,永远不要杀戮。"
音乐声
If you want to go home, please let me know in the morning,
如果你想回家,请在早上告诉我,
but I hope that we will continue on together
但我希望我们会继续一起
for the glory of both of our countries.
为我们两国的荣耀而努力。
Perhaps we should go home.
也许我们该回家了。
Who the hell does he think he is?
他以为自己是谁啊?
He thinks he's a pacifist, Father,
他认为自己是和平主义者,父亲大人,
and is well-known for it.
并以此而出名。
A pacifist?
一个和平主义者?
In the army?
呆在军队里干什么?
My God.
我的上帝。
That's rich.
那才是富人。
It's a rich country.
这是一个富裕的国家。
Look at the flag.
看看那面旗帜。
Brazil is 95% Catholic,
巴西有95%的天主教♥徒♥
but the words on the flag are "Order and Progress,"
但国旗上的字是“秩序与进步”,
the motto of an atheist society in Rio.
里约热内卢无神论社团的座右铭。
What? What's the name of this society?
什么?这个社团是什么名字?
Positivists.
实证法学派。
And it's more of a religion, actually.
事实上,它更像是一种宗教。
Just without God.
只是没有神。
Colonel Rondon is a Positivist.
龙东上校是个实证主义者。
And many of his men are too.
他手下的许多人也都是。
(tools clattering)
[工具卡塔卡塔响]
A Positivist pacifist?
实证主义者是和平主义者吗?
What in the hell is a Positivist anyhow?
到底什么是实证主义者?
Why don't you ask him?
你为什么不问他呢?
音乐声
剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表