剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表
Oh...
噢...
(chuckles)
[咯咯笑声]
(sighs)
[叹气声]
Oh...
噢...
If you were to go...
如果你去了...
Hmm?
怎么?
Perhaps I could come with you to Rio de Janeiro,
也许我可以和你一起去里约热内卢,
so we could see our son,
这样我们就能见到儿子,
find out how he's doing down there?
看看他在那里怎么样了?
That is an absolutely splendid idea!
这绝对是个好主意!
But this river...how dangerous is it?
但这条河… 它有多危险?
Edith, it's going to be like a promenade down Fifth Avenue.
伊迪丝,这就像在第五大道散步一样。
It's a river, Teedie.
毕竟是一条河流,泰迪。
There are always dangers,
危险总是存在的,
and precisely because it is an adventure,
正因为这是一场冒险,
Scribner's has offered me an advance to write an account of the trip,
《斯克里布纳杂♥志♥》给了我一笔预付款,让我写一篇游记,
which would...
这会...
Alice: Pay some bills!
爱丽丝:它们替你买♥♥单!
Teddy: Thank you, Alice.
泰迪:谢谢你,爱丽丝。
And I'll be left here alone to hold the fort.
我就只能一个人留守在这里了。
Thank you, Charles.
谢谢你,查尔斯。
Uh, "the fort" requires no holding, Alice.
呃,这座“城♥堡♥”无需留守,爱丽丝。
The older children are out of the house,
大一点的孩子们都离开了这所房♥子,
Quentin will be away in school,
昆廷要去上学了,
and we still have a large enough staff to man the battlements.
而且我们还有足够的人手来守卫这座“城垛”。
You can be colonel in my place, Charles.
你可以代替我当上校,查尔斯。
This is what he does.
这就是他所做的。
I'm sorry?
什么意思?
He runs away.
我爸总要开小差的。
Soon after I was born and my mother died,
我出生后不久,我母亲去世了,
he ran off to North Dakota.
他就跑到北达科他州去了。
This is a very old grudge, Alice,
这都是陈年旧怨了,爱丽丝,
involving something you were too young to remember,
当时你还小,很多事情不清楚,
and now is not the time or place to nurse it back to life.
现在不应该旧事重提。
She's been reading Sigmund Freud and it's gone to her head.
她一直在读西格蒙德·弗洛伊德的书,这已经贯穿了她的头脑。
The past, the past, gloomy, gloomy.
往昔,往昔,阴郁,阴郁。
Egotist.
你才是自大狂。
(laughs)
[笑声]
Teddy: See?
泰迪:看到了吧?
(guests laughing)
[宾客们发出笑声]
So, what do you say, my lover...
那么,你怎么看,我亲爱的...
my darling, my life?
亲爱的,你是我的生命吗?
(piano playing ragtime)
[钢琴演奏声]
巴西,里约热内如
(automobiles puttering)
[车辆发出噗噗声]
(horn blares)
[喇叭声]
(moviegoer coughs)
[电影院观众咳嗽声]
(ragtime piano continues)
[杂乱的钢琴继续演奏]
前美国总统西奥多.罗斯福离开纽约来到巴西
“我将在亚马逊丛林中进行一场探险活动。”
前总统将前往塔帕赫斯河!
(crowd murmuring)
[人群低语声]
(speaking Portuguese)
不是每个人都会向你一样冒着生命危险去探险的,坎迪多。
(葡萄牙语)
坎迪多·隆东的第十二次探险
(crowd clapping politely)
[人群有礼貌地鼓掌声]
(ship horn blowing)
[轮船鸣笛声]
几天之后
Teddy: These American nations,
泰迪:众多美洲国家,
such as Brazil and the United States,
例如美国和巴西,
stand on an absolute footing of equality.
都站在平等的基础上。
We, in the New World, are not burdened by history
在新世界中,我们没有历史的负担,
and we can find a new way forward,
我们能够找到新的前进方式,
seize a future in which we see each other as sister nations,
抓住这样一个未来:我们将彼此视为姐妹国家,
each encouraging the other to be prosperous and stable
彼此鼓励对方繁荣与稳定,
because it benefits us all
因为这有利于我们所有人,
and enables us to live in peace with one another.
并使我们能够彼此和平地生活。
What about the Panama Canal?
那巴拿马运河呢?
What about it, sir?
运河有该怎么说?先生。
Did you not aid the Panamanian rebels
哥伦比亚想要赶走你们时,
when Colombia was holding out on you?
你们没有帮助巴拿马叛军吗?
Emphatically, yes.
我再次强调,是的。
So you can send warships through the canal?
所以你们可以派军舰通过运河?
You call that peaceful, really?
你还管这叫做“和平”吗?真的吗?
I built warships not because I love war,
我建造战舰,不是因为我热爱战争,
but because I believe peace can only be attained through strength.
而是因为我相信,只有通过实力,才能获得和平。
(indistinct chattering)
[听不清的交谈声]
Man: Good evening, gentlemen. Good evening.
男子:晚上好,先生们。 晚上好。
Ah, Mr. President, what a magnificent,
啊,总统先生,这多么令人印象深刻啊,
what an eloquent,what a glorious speech!
多么地雄辩,多么辉煌的演讲啊!
Ah... Lauro. Thank you.
啊...劳罗。谢谢你。
Mr. President, I'd like to introduce one of our national treasures.
总统先生,我想介绍我们的国宝之一。
Colonel Roosevelt,may I present
罗斯福上校,请允许我介绍给您
Colonel C谩ndido Mariano da Silva Rondon.
坎迪多.马里亚诺.达.席尔瓦.龙东上校。
Oh, a fellow colonel!
哦,一个同为上校同侪!
Delighted, delighted!
幸会,幸会!
Equally so, Colonel Roosevelt.
同感,罗斯福上校。
C谩ndido knows more about the wilds of Brazil than any man alive.
坎迪多比任何世人,都了解巴西的野生环境。
He's an explorer and an Indian expert.
他是一位探险家,也是印第安问题的专家。
Oh! You've fought Indians?
哦!你和印第安人打过仗吗?
Rondon: No. No.
兰登:没有。没有。
I'm just a humble engineer serving my country
我只是一名效忠国家的卑微工程师,
by connecting parts of it to other parts,
致力于把这个国家的各个部分联♥系♥起来,
for the benefit of all.
让各地都受益。
I'm "casting"?
我正在“抛掷”?
Yes, casting...
是的,抛掷...
I'm casting telegraph lines into remoter regions.
我在向偏远地区抛掷电报线路。
Ah! What are these lines baited with?
这些线路会带来什么好处?
Civilization, sir, of course.
当然是文明,先生。
C谩ndido has seen things beyond imagination
坎迪多已经碰见许多难以想象的事情,
and suffered more for this country than any man I know.
他为了这个国家,比我认识的任何人都付出更多艰辛。
No, he exaggerates.
不,他太夸张了。
But, well, I lost a toe to a piranha
但我确实被水虎鱼咬掉一个脚趾头,
and got shot by an Indian who mistook me for an enemy.
而且还被误认我为敌人的印第安人射杀。
Oh, shot?
哦,射杀?
Just an arrow.
就是用弓箭。
Well, perhaps you can advise me, Colonel Rondon.
也许你能给我点建议,龙东上校。
I'm about to do some exploring myself.
我自己也要去探索一番。
And what explorations do you have in mind?
你有什么探索的想法吗?
We're going up the Rio Ta-Ta...
我们打算沿塔-塔河...
-Tapaj贸s. -Tapaj贸s, yes.
-塔帕赫斯河。 -是的,塔帕赫斯河。
Father Zahm here,my friend...
扎姆神父在这里,他是我的朋友...
he's traveled some of the way up,
他已经走过了一段路,
but we will go all the way from the mouth
但我们将从河口一直走到
to its very source.
它的源头。
That should be most relaxing.
那应该是最令人放轻松的一段。
Relaxing?
轻松?
Rondon: Yes.
龙东:是的。
Well, the Tapaj贸s is a well-mapped river
塔帕赫斯是一条被绘制成地图的河流,
used by rubber tappers for years.
多年来一直被橡胶工人使用。
It has several well-appointed passenger boats,
它有几艘设备齐全的客船,
some with state rooms luxuriously furnished for tourists.
其中一些配有豪华的客房♥,供游客使用。
Well, as I wrote in my book,
就像我在书里写的,
the country is far safer than it used to be.
这个国家比从前安全多了。
I came here equipped for a serious trip! Boats, tents, guns!
我来这里,是为了一次严肃的旅行!要有船、帐篷、枪♥支♥!
I even brought the famous naturalist,Farrel Nash!
我甚至还带上了著名的博物学家法雷尔·纳什!
Farrel... who's here on...
法雷尔...他来这...
I'm here on behalf of the Museum of Natural History.
我代表自然历史博物馆来这里。
Pleasure.
幸会。
Up near its source, the Tapaj贸s passes through some dry hills.
在它的源头附近,塔帕赫斯河穿过一些干燥的小山丘。
There are many cacti.
那里有很多仙人掌。
They can be seen here in our botanical gardens, right here in Rio!
我们可以在植物园里看到它们,就在里约热内卢!
I came here for a journey into the unknown,
我来这里是为了探索未知的旅程,
not a visit to the botanical gardens
剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表