剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表
For reasons that escape me,you're still immensely popular, Theodore,
出于我不知道的原因,你仍然非常受欢迎,西奥多,
and from what I've heard you're planning to throw your support
据我所知,你正计划支持另一个
behind another popular man,and if you do,
受欢迎的人,如果你这么做了,
people say he'll win and follow in your footsteps.
人们说他会赢,因他会追随你的脚步。
So, here we are, all in the same automobile,
所以,我们都在这里,坐在同一辆汽车里,
hurtling toward a future that will either be painted
飞驰向一个未来,这个未来要么被涂上
in the joyous colors of growth and optimism,
成长和乐观的欢乐色彩,
or shrouded by the blackest cloth of despair.
要么,就被绝望的黑色披肩所笼罩。
This would create a vast consortium of iron and steel companies.
这将形成一个由钢铁公♥司♥组成的庞大财团。
Perhaps we should take a day or two to think this through.
也许我们该花一两天好好想想。
Yesterday you said we only had a day or two.
昨天你说,我们只有一两天时间。
Do you have another solution?
你还有别的办法吗?
No.
没有。
You have my word,in front of my good friend,
我向你保证,当着我的好朋友,
adviser,and probable successor.
顾问,可能的继任者的面。
We see nothing wrong with this deal at all.
我们看不出这笔交易有什么不妥。
Isn't that right, Bill?
对吗,比尔?
Go ahead.
去做吧。
Thank you, Theodore.
谢谢你,西奥多。
Thank you, Mr. Morgan
谢谢你,摩根先生
and Mr. Perkins.
还有帕金斯先生。
Mr. President.
总统先生。
Mr. Taft.
塔夫脱先生。
Mr. Perkins.
帕金斯先生。
It's nice to spend time with such selfless patriots.
能和这样“无私的爱国者”在一起真好。
Oh, don't you worry.
哦,别担心。
I'll get back at him.
我会报复他的。
Watch this.
看这个。
Send Farrel Nash in!
让法雷尔.纳什进来!
(sighs)
[叹息声]
I'm going to miss this place.
我会想念这个地方的。
But I'll come back and see you.
但我会回来看你的。
If I win.
那要等我赢了选举。
Oh, you'll win.
哦。你会赢的。
You'll win!
你必当选!
-(door opens) -Farrel!
-[开门声] -法雷尔!
Congress is going to clip my wings.
国会肯定会裁掉我的翅膀。
We have less than a week to draft executive orders of protection
我们只有不到一周的时间,来起草《关于保护地的行政命令》,
that would normally take months.
而这通常需要几个月的时间。
Some of the land we want is owned by J.P. Morgan.
我需要的一些土地是属于J.P.摩根的。
We will start with that.
我们将从这个开始。
Total secrecy.
这事需绝对保密。
Are we in?
我们能行吗?
Yes.
能行。
美国总统令通告第720号♥,根据美♥利♥坚♥合众国总统令,
现在将涉及怀俄明州、蒙大拿州及爱达荷州部分土地的
黄石森岭保护区列为-国家级森林保护区。
签名:西奥多.罗斯福
(sighs)
[叹气声]
Taft: You were right. (chuckles)
塔夫脱:你曾是对的。[轻笑声]
(Taft straining)
[塔夫脱吃力声]
(groaning)
[呻♥吟♥声]
(men laughing)
[男人们的笑声]
Theodore!
西奥多!
(straining)
[吃力声]
(laughing)
[大笑声]
I thought we were going to stop
我曾想过,我们要阻止
this Presidential thievery.
总统的偷窃行为。
Efforts are underway,and there is some hope,
努力正在进行中,还有一些希望,
but it looks like he's going to crawl in under the wire.
但看起来,他在鱼线下面溜走了。
He takes the bait,chews it,
他拿起鱼饵,嚼了嚼,
and spits it back at us.
然后吐回给我们。
Our Wyoming mining venture is dead,
我们在怀俄明的采矿项目完蛋了,
and he's taken a million acres in trees from us in northern California.
他还在北加州从我们这里夺走了一百万英亩的树木。
He must win every battle.
他必须赢得每一场战斗。
What would it take...
怎样才能…
to buy this man?
收买♥♥此人?
I don't think there is a price.
我认为,没有什么价格能收买♥♥他。
(chuckles)
[轻笑声]
Really?
真的?
Teddy: Then we can build locks,
泰迪:然后我们可以建船闸,
which would allow ships to come from the Atlantic,
through the Panama Gulf.
这样船只就可以从大西洋通过巴拿马湾(来往太平洋)。
That's all well and good,but we can't dam anything
这是很好,但在和哥伦比亚人达成协议之前
until we reach terms with the Colombians.
我们不能建任何水坝。
And President Marroqu铆n doesn't want statesmanship, Will,
但是马罗金总统不想要政♥治♥操守,威尔,
he wants money.
他就想要钱。
Then we should make an offer
那我们应该出价
to buy the province of Panama outright.
买♥♥下整个巴拿马省。
I don't think it will be difficult
我认为在这件事上,
to get the approval of both houses on the matter.
获得参、众两院的批准并不困难。
Agreed.
赞同。
And it's in the Colombians' best interest
让这个项目顺利进行,对哥伦比亚人来说
to let this project go through.
是最有利的。
They will make a fortune when trade routes can pass
当贸易路线可以穿过大♥陆♥分水岭时,
through the Continental Divide.
他们就会大赚一笔。
I want you to draft a letter to Marroqu铆n.
我想让你来起草一封给马罗金的信。
Make him realize that the canal would be mutually advantageous.
让他意识到修运河对双方都有利。
I'll look it over in the morning.
我明早再审一遍。
Good night.
晚安。
Good night, Theodore.
晚安,西奥多。
Teddy:Still working?
泰迪:还在工作吗?
My criminal stomach has forced me from my work,
我那倒霉的老胃病迫使我放下工作,
insisting upon a treat.
必须吃点什么来缓解。
(chuckles)
[笑声]
Two thieves in the night.
深夜里的两个窃贼。
Couldn't sleep?
你睡不着吗?
I usually sleep like a log.
我平常都睡得很沉。
Taft: Hmm.
塔夫脱:嗯。
Uneasy?
不轻松吧?
Not about J.P. Morgan,I can tell you that.
我可以告诉你,这和J.P.摩根无关。
Then what?
那是关于什么?
Oh, Kermit has a cough tonight.
哦,克米特今晚咳嗽得很厉害。
I hear him from my bed,I must get up and see him.
我在床上听到了他的声音,我必须起来看看他。
I sit by his bed listening to him breathing.
我坐在他床边,听着他的呼吸。
It's the only fear I have,losing one of them.
我唯一的恐惧就是,失去他们中的一个。
The only fear?
唯一的恐惧?
Hm, I don't fear my own death. Do you?
我自己才不怕死呢,你呢?
Oh, I do.
哦,我怕死。
Well, it's different for you.
对你来说就不一样了。
There's so much more of you to die.
你怕死,是因为你拥有的太多了。
(chuckles)
[笑声]
停下。
第43天
You have a fine son.
你有个好儿子。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
I'm ashamed to say I forced him into this,
我很惭愧地说,是我逼他这么做的,
or rather his mother did.
更确切地说,是他母亲逼他这么做的。
I read somewhere that you traveled together before.
我读到过,你们以前一起旅行的经历。
Yes. To Africa.
是的。去过非洲。
Yes, we had a bully time together.
是的,我们一起度过了一段美好的时光。
But back then,he wasn't in a hurry to get married.
但那时候,他并不急于结婚。
Oh.
哦。
What a coincidence.
多么巧合啊。
My daughter is also getting married.
我女儿也要结婚了。
Oh?
哦?
She was angry with me for coming on this trip
她因为我来参加这次旅行而生我的气,
because she thinks I won't get back in time.
因为她认为我不能及时回来。
When is the wedding?
婚礼是什么时候?
April 29th.
四月29日。
What's the date today?
今天是几号♥?
March 26th, Colonel.
三月26号♥,上校。
And...?
那么...?
Even if we escape this river soon
剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表