剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表
You remember Farrel Nash and Father Zahm.
你记得法雷尔·纳什和扎姆神父吧。
-Nice to see you again, Colonel. -Nice to see you.
-很高兴再次见到你,上校。 -很高兴见到你。
Father.
神父。
Please, welcome.
这边走,不用客气。
-早上好,伙计们。 -早上好。
Teddy: Good morning.
泰迪:早上好。
(birds calling)
[鸟叫声]
(cattle lowing)
[牛在低声叫]
Rondon: Gentlemen, I want to make a toast
龙东:先生们,我想为罗斯福-龙东
to the Roosevelt-Rondon geographical and scientifical expedition.
联合地理科学考察队干杯。
-Zahm: Hear, hear! -Teddy: Hear, hear!
-扎姆:好呀,好呀! -泰迪:好呀,好呀!
-(bottles clinking) -Rondon: Father.
-[酒杯相碰声] -龙东:神父。
It will take us at least two weeks
我们至少需要
before we arrive
两周的时间
at the headwaters of the river
才能到达
from which the River of Doubt flows.
怀疑之河的源头。
Here.
这里。
After that, gentlemen...
然后,先生们...
Any idea as to where it might come out?
你知道它会在哪里出现吗?
There are two theories,Colonel,
上校,这受有两种理论支配,
dictated perhaps more by character than by science.
与其说是科学,不如说是个性。
The optimists among my men
我手下的乐观主义者认为
think the River of Doubt is a tributary of Ji-Paran谩 River.
“怀疑之河”是吉帕拉纳河的一条支流。
If that's the case,
如果是这样的话,
our trip will take
我们的旅行只需要
only a week.
一个星期。
Well, that's not optimistic,
这不是乐观,
that's boring.
这是无聊。
-(men chuckle) -The pessimists...
-[男人笑声] -悲观者认为...
no, the realists, like myself,
不,现实主义者,我本人也是,
think it most likely flows
认为它很可能汇入
into the Aripuan茫 River here
阿里普安那河,
because we've seen the mouth of a river here
因为我们在这里看到过河口,
but never explored it very far.
但从未深入探索过。
Zahm: How far did you go?
扎姆:你们走了有多远?
Less than a kilometer.
不超过一公里。
Why no further?
为什么不走更远点儿?
We saw some steep...
我们遇见了一些悬崖...
how do you say corredeiras?
你们管corredeiras叫做什么?
-Rapids. -Yes.
-急流。 -是的。
And rubber tappers spoke
橡胶采集工人说到了有
of unfriendly Indians.
不友好的印第安人活动。
I had no reason to make
我没有理由
a telegraph line here,
在这里铺设电报线路,
so I did not disturb them.
所以我没有打扰他们。
God help us.
上帝会帮我们的。
I will help you, Father.
我会帮你的,神父。
If the river comes out where you think,how long would it be?
如果这条河从你想象的地方流出,会有多长?
Eight hundred kilometers, or more.
八百公里,或者更多。
-Five hundred miles. -Rondon: Yes.
-有五百英里长。 -龙东:是的。
That's... And if it doesn't come out where you think?
如果...如果它不是在你认为的地方出现呢?
Then...
那就...
it could be almost 2,000 kilometers long.
它可能有近2000公里长。
That's over a thousand miles.
那是一千多英里。
How long would that take?
需要多长时间?
Well, that depends on the river.
嗯,那要看是哪条河了。
Is it straight or are there many curves?
它会是直的,还是有很多曲线连成的呢?
That's why we're here to make a survey.
所以我们才来做考察。
Could be four months.
也许会要四个月时间。
Maybe six, even.
也许,甚至要六个月。
Is it really necessary to go down a river
that might be a thousand miles long
真的有必要为了让自己的名字出现在南美洲的地图上
just to get your name on a map of South America?
而漂流而下一千英里长的河流吗?
That is not fair.
这是不是做买♥♥卖♥♥。
Preposterous idea!
你这想法真荒谬!
What makes you think they'd name it after me anyway?
你凭什么认为他们会以我的名字命名?
Just a hunch, Father.
只是直觉,父亲大人。
Teddy Bear,Teddy River.
以前有“泰迪”熊,现在,又要有条“泰迪河”了
Oh, no, I'm sorry.
哦,不,对不起。
"Rio Roosevelt."
“罗斯福河。”
I said I'd go on this trip, so go I must,
我说过我会参加这次旅行,所以我必须去,
but you don't have to.
但你不必去。
The boat leaves tomorrow.
轮船明天就要走了。
Mother asked me to go on this trip, so go I will.
母亲大人让我去加入探险队,我愿意去。
You should have this.
那你需要这玩意儿。
You've always admired it.
你一直都很羡慕能拥有它。
Are you sure?
你肯定吗?
Provided there's no more whinging on this trip.
前提是,这次旅行不要再抱怨了。
(chuckles)
[笑声]
Thank you, Father.
谢谢你,父亲大人。
(birds calling)
[鸟叫声]
Rondon: Lieutenant Pinheiro went ahead with ten mules
龙东:皮耶罗中尉带着10头骡子,
carrying our essentials.
驮着我们的必需品。
He will set up camp in advance,
他会提前扎营,
but excuse me, Colonel,some of this will have to stay.
但抱歉,上校,有些东西必须留下。
As fellow commander, what do you suggest we take?
作为指挥官,你有什么建议?
I have only three essentials, Colonel.
我只有三件必需品,上校。
My spectacles, my guns and my books.
我的眼镜,我的枪和我的书。
How many books do you have?
你有多少本书?
About 50, give or take.
大约50本左右。
Oh, don't take his books away, or he'll become intolerable.
哦,别把他的书拿走,否则他会受不了的。
As for the other items,
至于其他项目,
I was not involved in equipping our trip.
我没有参与我们的旅行装备。
That task fell to Father Zahm.
这个任务落到了扎姆神父身上。
Well, first of all,the large motorboat.
嗯,首先是大型摩托艇。
I see no reason to...
我看不出有什么理由…
I had that specially made!
我特意订做的!
And what about the canoes?
那皮划艇呢?
Those canoes are like the ones our Indians use.
那些划艇和我们印第安人用的很像。
They're strong and light and handle rapids well.
它们更结实轻便,能很好地应对急流。
No, they will puncture.
不,它们会被刺穿的。
Our indigenous people use dugouts.
我们的土著居民使用独木舟。
If one breaks, there are always more trees to make another.
如果一艘坏了,总有更多的树可以再造另一艘。
We should start the way we will finish.
我们应该以结束的方式开始。
And...
还有...
what are these crates here?
这些板条箱是什么?
They contain the food
that I was trying to tell you about last night.
里面有我昨晚想告诉你的食物。
I chose and purchased the contents of each and every one.
我挑选并购买♥♥了每一箱里的东西。
What's there will keep us alive for a month.
那里的东西能让我们活一个月。
When you say "us"...?
当你说“我们”...?
Our... contingent.
我们...的分遣队。
I assumed somehow that your party would have its own supplies.
我以为你们会有自己的补给。
It does.
确实是。
We will share, never fear.
我们将分享,永远不要担心。
Rondon: Whatever you say, Colonel.
龙东:随你的便,上校。
I think it's more important whatever you say, Colonel.
我觉得你说什么都重要,上校。
If you suggest we do not take the motorboat and the canoes,
如果你建议我们不坐摩托艇和皮划艇,
we will not.
我们就不坐。
Rondon: Thank you.
龙东:谢谢你。
1914年,二月2日
第一天
(cattle lowing)
[牛在低声叫]
音乐声
以下父子俩背的是英国诗人及作家吉卜林写的
《少年童子军巡逻歌♥》中的最后一段诗文。
约瑟夫·鲁德亚德·吉卜林1865年—1936年
Teddy:"Look out when your temper goes
泰迪:“当你输掉比赛发脾气时,
at the end of a losing game."
你要要当心。”
"When your boots are too tight for your toes
“当你的靴子挤着你的脚趾时,
and you answer and argue and blame."
当你在回答,争论和指责时,都要当心。”
"It's the hardest part of the Law,
“这是规则中最难的部分,
but it has to be learnt by the Scout."
但童子军必须学会它。”
"For whining and shirking and 'jaw'..."
“因为在抱怨、逃避和‘唠叨’时…”
Both: "...all patrols look out!"
剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表