剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表
你觉得艾略特是因为酗酒而死的吗?
if your father had lived long enough to straighten him out?
如果你父亲活得够久,能把事情摆平吗?
No, no, Edith.
不,不,伊迪丝。
I am not giving up this trip to play nursemaid to Kermit,
我不会放弃这次给科米特当保姆的旅行,
who wouldn't allow it anyway.
反正他也不会允许的。
But the drinking...
但是酗酒...
does seem like that very particular kind of thirst.
确实看上去,他很渴望喝酒。
Perhaps he's just being defiant.
也许,他只是在挑战世俗。
By drinking?
靠喝酒?
You drink very little,so he drinks too much.
你喝得很少,所以他喝得太多了。
And Belle Willard...
还有那个贝尔.威拉德...
such a...
不就是一个...
"Society girl"?
“交际花”吗?
Well, she is.
没错,她就是。
Well, there are worse things to be.
还有更糟的呢。
No, I grant you,for a man like Kermit,
不,我承认,对于克米特这样的人来说,
there would be nothing worse than
没有什么比沉闷的婚姻
the suffocating boredom of a dull marriage.
更令人窒息的无聊了。
Oh! Is that why you run away from me?
哦!这就是你离开我的原因吗?
Oh, come on, Edie.Not you.
噢,算了吧,伊迪丝,不是在说你。
Never.
永远不会。
I assume there'll be little to no alcohol on this trip?
我想这次旅行不会有酒吧?
-Yes. -Then you can remind him who he is,
-是的。 -然后你可以提醒他自己是谁,
put some rigor in him.
给他点严厉的管教。
You do know...
你要知道...
he speaks of your trip to Africa
他说你的非洲之行
as the high point of his life.
是他一生中最得意的时刻。
But he has a job here and a fianc茅e back in Madrid or wherever.
但他在这里有份工作,还有个未婚妻在马德里或其他地方。
He needs your help.
他需要你的帮助。
But if he doesn't want to come...
但如果他不想来…
Oh, Teedie,
哦,提迪,
if you insist on going down this river,
如果你坚持要漂流而下,
I promise you,he will want to come.
我向你保证,他会愿意来的。
(sighs)
[叹息声]
I feel like I'm wearing out...
我觉得,我累坏了…
like I ran the machine too fast for too long
就像我坐在一台快速机器上,长♥期♥行驶在
over too many bumpy roads.
崎岖不平的路面上。
This is my last chance to be a boy.
这是我最后一次做为男孩了。
It may be your last chance to be a father.
这可能是你做为父亲的最后机会了。
Hmm.
嗯。
(sighs)
[叹息声]
(horse trotting)
[马蹄轻脆声]
(dog whining,scratching at door)
[小狗在门外嘶叫并挠门]
让他进来吧。
这次任务完成了。
(coos)
[逗小狗发出声音]
你拿到你的军刀了吗?
是的,我拿到了。
小家伙们都去上学了,但给你留下了两封信,
我把它们放在你的公文包里了。
啊,Chiquinha,你应该叫醒我,
这样,我能向他们道别。
我们还以为你想睡懒觉,并且不会那么快就动身。
Chiquinha,别这样...
(knock on door)
[敲门声]
妈妈,你怎么还在穿着睡袍?
你才需要给我一个解释,小丫头。
你在学校里干了些什么事?
你怎么这么早就从学院里回家了?
因为我想和父亲谈谈。
妈妈和我说了你的行程。
是的,你可知道,你父亲这次要和谁一起旅行...
爸爸
我就要出嫁了。
如果你能找到一个不去参加
在天主教堂举♥行♥婚礼的理由...
不,不,不,我已经跟你说过,我们已经谈过...
这是一次传统的婚礼,要穿婚纱,戴花环...
你要领着我,是的,先生,你领着我走上圣坛。
婚礼是什么时候?
四月29日
届时你能回来吗?
我尽一切可能吧。
我要走了。
(dog whining)
[小狗发出声音]
I want to marry her
我想娶她
and then come back here and make my way.
然后回到这里,开始我的行程。
Building bridges.
建造桥梁。
And railways.
还有铁路。
I'm liked down here for what I do.
我在这里的工作很受欢迎。
And do you see Belle Willard fitting in down here?
你觉得贝儿·威拉德会适应这里吗?
If Father had chosen to come down here to work,
如果父亲大人选择来这里工作,
wouldn't you have?
你不会来吗?
I would have followed him to the ends of the Earth.
我会追随他到天涯海角。
Well, Belle loves me and would do the same for me.
那么贝儿也能,她爱我,也会为我做同样的事。
Of course she would.
她当然会的。
And who wouldn't love you?
谁会不爱你呢?
Do you have a date in mind?
你定好结婚日期了吗?
Hm, her father wants to have the wedding in Madrid,
她父亲想在驻马德里的大使♥馆♥
at the embassy.
举♥行♥婚礼。
Perhaps in two months.
也许就在两个月后。
Two months?
两个月?
(laughing) No, I don't think so.
[笑声]不,我不这么认为。
Why not?
为什么不?
Well, wouldn't you want your father to be there?
你不想让你父亲在场出席吗?
Of course, but his journey will be over by then.
当然,但到那时,他的旅程就结束了。
It's a river!
它可是一条河流啊!
Completely unexplored!
完全没有被开♥发♥过!
Who knows how long it will be?
谁知道会持续多久?
Do you notice anything different
你注意到你父亲
about your father?
有什么不同吗?
He seems older.
他似乎老了。
It's more than that.
不仅如此。
He didn't just lose the election
他不仅输掉了选举,
and his friends.
还失去了他的很多朋友。
He's lost something else.
他还失去了一些别的东西。
What?
什么?
I don't know.
我不知道。
Just something's gone.
反正有些品质,在他身上不见了。
He's been eating like a starving man.
他吃饭时,像个饿鬼。
Do you know, he says
你知道吗? 他说
his time with you in Africa
和你在非洲的时光
was the high point of his life?
是他人生的巅峰。
I know what you're leading up to, Mother, but I want to see Belle.
我知道你想说什么,母亲,但我想见到贝儿。
Please don't ask me to go with him.
请不要让我和他一起去(探险)。
The sooner he gets back,the sooner you can get married.
他越早回来,你们就能越早结婚。
Please, Mother.
求你了,母亲大人。
If you let your father go on this trip alone,
如果你让你父亲独自上路,
and he dies,
而他死了,
you will never forgive yourself.
你永远不会原谅自己。
And your wedding to Belle
而你和贝儿的婚礼
will seem more like a funeral.
会更像一场葬礼。
You are as ruthless as he is.
你和他一样无情。
Kermit...
克米特...
this could be your last chance to be a son.
这可能是你当做儿子的最后机会了。
两天以后
(violin playing in distance)
[远处拉小提琴]
巴西,马托.格罗索省塔比拉地区
怎么回事?上校。
是小提琴声。
Thomasz!
托麦兹!
(violin playing continues)
[小提琴声继续]
-有何吩咐?上校。 -我们准备好了吗?
-是的,长官。 -那就开始
给我们这些伙伴们拍摄,
走到那帮人那边,向我这边拍摄。
再拍摄这条河流。
当船靠近时,他会从那边过来,
你就跟着他几分钟,
然后到我这边来。
(violin playing continues)
[小提琴声继续]
音乐声
Teddy: (laughs) Colonel Rondon!
泰迪:[笑着]龙东上校!
Wonderful to see you again.
再次见到你,真是太高兴了。
Welcome, Colonel.Good to see you indeed.
欢迎你,上校。真的很高兴见到你。
At ease, Gentlemen! At ease.
稍息,先生们!请稍息。
(speaking Portuguese)
[用葡萄牙语说话]
This is my son, Kermit.He's an engineer here.
这是我的儿子,科米特。他是这里的工程师。
Been working on the railways. Already fluent in the language.
一直在铁路上工作。在语言方面,已经很流利了。
早上好,上校!
早上好,罗斯福先生。
你好吗?先生。
Hmm!
嗯!
剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表