剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表
罗斯福上校和他的儿子,克米特。
万岁!
[“万岁”的欢呼喊声此起彼伏]
And I want to propose
我建议大家
three cheers for Brazil,
为巴西三振欢呼,
the great Coronel Rondon,
为了伟大的隆登上校,
Dr. Cajazeira,
加哈泽拉医生,
all his fine men,
和他的最好的士兵们,
and all of the kind and hardworking camaradas.
还有所有善良而勤劳的同志们。
Hip-hip hurray!
加油 万岁!
Hip-hip hurrah!
加油 万岁!
Hip-hip hurray!
加油 万岁!
You got your river.
你达成了你的大河之旅。
托马兹:大家都看镜头!
(chickens squawking)
[鸡咯咯叫声]
-是还在拍摄吗?少校。 -[公鸡啼叫声]
你把我们全都拍到了吗?
Rondon:Gentlemen, a toast
龙东:先生们,举杯
to the Roosevelt and Rondon
敬罗斯福和龙东的
geographical and scientific expedition.
地理科学探险之旅。
To our American guest.
敬我们的美国客人。
Ah, and to our brave and fearless leader,Coronel Rondon,
也敬我们勇敢无畏的领袖,龙东上校,
and all our fine Brazilian friends.
以及所有巴西朋友。
-龙东:万岁! -全体:万岁!
(indistinct chatter)
[含混的说话声]
(men laughing)
[人们的笑声]
音乐声
[船突突声]
[船突突声]
(ship horn blows)
[船鸣笛声]
(playing "The Stars and Stripes Forever")
[演奏“星条旗永不落”乐曲声]
(chuckles)
[笑声]
非常感谢大家。
感谢你。
谢谢。
Colonel,we have a surprise.
上校,我们有一个意外给你。
Oh.
加哈泽拉.平赫罗医生,请打开吧。
A map of our trip.
我们旅程的地图。
Almost every twist and turn of Rio Roosevelt,
几乎罗斯福大河的每一个拐弯处,
with each place we camped marked with a number and the date.
我们露营的每一个地方都标着数字和日期。
Teddy: I'm overwhelmed!
泰迪:我简直不知所措了!
It gets a little vague toward the end,
到最后会有点模糊,
but only you and I will know that.
但只有你和我知道。
(chuckles) Thank you.
[笑声]谢谢你们。
So perfect. Thank you.
太棒了。谢谢你。
I actually have something to give to you.
其实我有东西要给你。
I noticed that on occasion
我注意到,有些时候
time seemed to slip by unnoticed,
时光不经意地溜走了,
making our departures less punctual
致使我们的出发时间
than I know you wanted them to be.
比你想的要晚了一些。
This was given to me when I was governor.
这是我当州长时得到的。
I wore it through the Presidency, my trip to Africa,
我戴着它当总统,去非洲旅行,
and amazingly,it survived this trip
令人惊讶的是,它挺过了这次旅行,
and it still keeps excellent time.
仍然走的很准。
No... I cannot accept this, Colonel.
不...这个我不能接受,上校。
C芒ndido, I am getting old.
坎迪多,我已经变老了。
And watching the minutes race by gives me no pleasure,
眼看着时间一分一秒地过去,我一点也不感到愉快,
whereas to imagine this watch
而想象这只表
crashing through jungles and rivers,
在丛林和河流中飞驰,
encountering strange tribes
遇到陌生的部落,
while all the while attached to you,
而同时又一直依附着你,
my dear friend,
我亲爱的朋友,
will make me feel as if I am still out there,
这会使我觉得自己仿佛还在那里,
adventuring.
还在探险。
No, really.
不行,真的。
It is your history,it's part of your life.
这是你的历史,是你生活的一部分。
No, no, please.As a favor to me.
不,不,谢谢。帮我个忙。
-I mean it. Please. -Well...
-我是认真的。拜托。 -那么...
in that case, you leave me with no choice.
那样的话,我就别无选择了。
I will wear it with great pride, Colonel.Thank you.
我会非常自豪地戴着它,上校。谢谢你!
Teddy:Good luck, my dear friend.
泰迪:祝你们好运,我亲爱的朋友。
To you too.
也祝你好运。
Thank you.
谢谢你们。
Thank you.
谢谢你们。
Coronel...
上校...
Coronel!
上校!
(ship horn blowing)
[轮船汽笛响起]
(Edith laughing)
[伊迪丝的笑声]
I'll never leave you again, Edith.
我再也不会离开你了,伊迪丝。
Good!
好的!
Kermit darling...
亲爱的克米特...
(door opens)
[开门声]
(footsteps approaching slowly)
[脚步缓慢渐进声]
"Sanford Davison,explorer
“桑福德.戴维森,探险家
"and National Geographic member,
“及国家地理学会成员,
"joins others in disputing
“联合其他会员对于
Colonel Roosevelt's alleged achievement"?
罗斯福上校声称的成就,展开争论”?
Alleged?
声称?
Well...
好吧...
华盛顿特区,国家地理学会
(audience murmuring)
[观众低语声]
1914年五月26日
Thank you, Kermit.
谢谢你,克米特。
(audience murmuring in surprise)
[观众发出意外的低语]
Woman:(whispering) Oh, my God.It's President Taft!
女人:[轻声说]哦,我的上帝,这是塔夫脱总统!
(camera shutter clicks)
[照相机快门卡塔声]
Ladies and Gentlemen, as you all know,
女士们,先生们,正如你们所知道的那样,
Sanford Davison over there and others,
在那里的桑福德.戴维森和其他人,
including fellow Americans who should know better,
包括跟随他们,想知道更多详情的美国同胞们,
have questioned our achievements in Brazil.
已经对我们在巴西取得的成就,提出了质疑。
It is true that I did not discover a river
这是真的,我没有发现一条长达
that is a thousand miles long.
大约一千英里的河流。
The great Brazilian explorer,
这是巴西探险家,
Coronel C芒ndido Mariano da Silva Rondon,
坎迪多.马里亚诺.达.席尔瓦.龙东上校发现的,
one of the bravest men
他是我遇见的
I ever met,
最勇敢的人,
discovered the source, which is here.
他发现了源头,在这里。
And though I never expected it,
可尽管我从没期待过,
it is now called Rio Roosevelt.
它现在还是被叫做“罗斯福河”。
No one knew where it went, how it got there nor how long it was.
过去,没人知道它流向哪里,怎么汇集在那里,甚至不知它有多长。
And I, and my brave son Kermit,
接着,我和我勇敢的儿子科米特,
my loyal friend and colleague Farrel Nash,
我忠实的朋友和同事法雷尔.纳什,
the hardy Colonel Rondon,
坚定的龙东上校,
and many other fine Brazilians,
和许多其它的优秀的巴西人♥民♥,
well, we did go down it
我们漂流了下去
and we did chart it
并且我们测绘了它
and it is a thousand miles long.
而它就是一条,长达一千多英里的河流。
I simply will not accept these attacks
我不会简单地接受这些
from low-down mediocrities
来自底层平庸的诽谤,
and feel dutybound to defend our journey.
我觉得应该义不容辞地,捍卫我们的旅程。
And so, the idea
于是,这个念头
that after starvation,
在经历过饥饿,
malaria, Indian attacks,
疟疾,印第安人袭击,
death by accident,death by murder,
意外发生的死亡,遭到谋杀的死亡,
death of the murderer by God-knows-what...
甚至连上帝也不知道凶手是谁的死亡...
the idea
这个念头
that my companions...
关于我的同伴们...
(pounds podium)
[敲击讲台声]
...brave Americans,brave Brazilians,
...他们都是勇敢的美国人,勇敢的巴西人,
-that they and I lied about this...-(pounding podium)
-说什么,他们和我编造这次探险的谎言... -[敲击讲台声]
...is an evil accusation and I won't stand for it!
...这简直是恶毒的指控,我不会容忍♥的!
Shame on you, Davison!
你真可耻,戴维森!
Shame on you!
你太无♥耻♥!
Get out of my sight.
离开我的视线。
-Man: Get out! -Woman: Get out!
-男人:滚出去! -女人:滚出去!
-Davison! -Get out!
-戴维森! -滚出去!
(audience shouting "Get out!")
[观众们齐声喊道“滚出去”]
Taft: Get out, you lying no-good dog!
剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表