剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表
"thanks to that delightful fish of Rondon's.
“这还要感谢龙东的那条令人振奋的大鱼。
"I've lived a good long life,
“我已经活了很长一段时间,
"during which I've pretty much led from the front
“在这段时间里,我几乎一直在身先士卒,
"and done what I wanted.
“做我想做的事。
"And now here I am,perhaps towards the end,
“现在我在这里,也许快到终点了,
"and I'm not changing course.
“我不会改变方向。
"If I make it past the rapids,
“如果我能通过急流,
"I'll fire my rifle three times and you can all follow.
“我就开三枪,你们就都能跟上。
"And who knows...
“谁会知道…
"I have a feeling
“我有一种感觉,
"we are very close to the mouth of this river.
“我们离这条河的入海口很近了。
"This is my last chance to be a boy.
“这是我做男孩的最后机会了。
And I'm taking it."
我要让它成功。”
J.P. Morgan:God damn you!
J.P.摩根:你这该死的!(1911年12月)
You gave me your word and he gave me his word
你向我保证过,他也向我保证过
that he would not attack U.S. Steel, and now he has!
他不会攻击美国钢铁公♥司♥,现在他居然这么做了!
I was not in any way forewarned.
我当时不能预知未来。
I have not spoken to President Taft in ages,
我已经有很长时间,没和塔夫脱总统联♥系♥了,
and I do not approve of what he's done,which is, as you say...
就像你说的,我也不赞同他的做法...
In other words, you're telling me you're powerless?
换句话说,你是说你无能为力吗?
Currently.
目前是。
Bloodied, but unbowed.
头破血流,也不低头。
I never bow to anyone.
我从不向任何人低头。
And that includes you.
这也包括向你。
Of course you don't,Theodore.
你当然不会,西奥多。
How's Edith? (chuckles)
伊迪丝在吗?[轻笑声]
Okay, well... one person.
她没事,嗯…就我一个人在。
Now, as I recall, one President Roosevelt
我记得,有一位罗斯福总统
and a certain William Taft promised me
和一位威廉·塔夫脱曾向我保证,
they would not attack U.S. Steel for being a monopoly,
他们不会因为美国钢铁公♥司♥的垄断地位,而攻击它,
and now one of them has,
现在他们中的一位已经这样做了,
and if you want a second source, ask Mr. Perkins here.
如果你想要第二个消息佐证,可以问这位珀金斯先生。
He speaks the truth.
他说的是真话。
The deal I made with you and U.S. Steel
我当时与你和美国钢铁公♥司♥达成的协议
was perfectly right,proper and reasonable
是完全正确、适当和合理的,
and in the best interest of the country at that time.
符合当时国家的最佳利益。
And I have an absolutely clean conscience about it.
我对此问心无愧。
水流声
First, he fires almost all my cabinet,
首先,他解雇了几乎所有的我原来的内阁成员,
which he swore he'd keep intact,
他曾发誓要保留他们的原职的,
then he deviates from my policies,which he promised...
然后,他又偏离了我的政策,他也曾许诺过...
I was in this room when you promised
我就在这个房♥间里,当时你承诺
to continue absolutely unbroken the policies of President McKinley,
将毫不动摇地继续麦金利总统的政策,
which you certainly did not.
但你显然没有这么做。
Worst of all, he fires you.
最糟糕的是,他会解雇你。
Then he caves into the Senate
然后他向参议院屈服
and weakens the protections on the parks we created.
削弱了对我们建立的公园的保护。
He is more conservative than he let on.
他比他表现出来的要保守。
It is starting to feel personal.
它开始变得个人化。
You should run against him.
你应该和他竞选。
You should not run against him.
你不应该和他竞选。
Kermit: Who knows what he's going through, Father?
克米特:父亲大人,谁知道他在经历什么?
-He is our friend. -I think he should run.
-他是我们的朋友。 -我认为他应该参选。
I think it would be most amusing.
我想那会非常有趣。
Kermit: You didn't play with his children. Me and Quentin did,
克米特:你不要和他的孩子们一起玩。我和昆汀是,
and Bill and Nellie were as nice and kind a couple as you could meet.
比尔和内莉是你能见到的最善良的一对。
And you promised him and many others
你向他和其他许多人保证,
that you would not seek a third term.
你不会谋求第三个任期。
He wouldn't be seeking a third term.
他不会寻求第三个任期。
He didn't seek his first term,it was handed to him on a plate.
他也没有寻求过他的第一个任期,当时是现成端上来给他的。
It's true, I've only run for President once.
这是真的,我只竞选过一次总统。
And when I made that promise,the clear implication was
当我做出这个承诺时,明确的暗示
that I wouldn't run for a third consecutive term.
是我不会竞选第三个连任。
音乐声
(西奥多.罗斯福初选迎战塔夫脱)
And off he goes.
该他下台了。
It's bad form, Teedie.
这不像话,提迪。
You do not run against
你不能在你自己的党内
the sitting President of your own party!
向现任总统发起挑战!
And your friend...
他还是你的朋友...
People across the country,
全国人♥民♥,
including more and more governors and senators,
包括越来越多的州长和参议院,
are demanding that I do this!
都要求我这么做!
That doesn't make it right.
这并不代表这是对的。
I believe it is my duty.
我相信这是我的责任。
Your duty? And have you given any thought...
你的责任吗?你有没有想过…
to the kind of animosity you might bring upon yourself?
这会给你带来一种憎恨?
Yes, of course I have!
是的,我当然想过!
Has that ever stopped me before?
以前有什么能阻止过我吗?
Are you saying what I think you're saying?
你的意思和我想的一样吗?
(door opens)
[开门声]
I am simply saying that your predecessor
我只是想说你的前任
met with an untimely end and...
死得不适时…
dare I mention Garfield before him?
我敢在他面前提起加菲尔德吗?
(1881年遭到刺杀的美国总统)
Please don't be morbid, Edie.
别这么病态,伊迪。
-I heard about the job. -What job?
-我听说那份工作在招人。-什么工作?
The one I told you about three times already.
我已经跟你说过三次了。
You got it?
你得到了吗?
I did.
我得到了。
Oh... Oh!
哦...哦!
It seems so far away.
离我们太遥远了。
That's the idea.
是一种理想。
With any luck, no one down there will care
运气好的话,没有人会以这样或那样的方式
one way or another about this nasty election.
关心这场肮脏的选举。
I know you disapprove, Kermit,
我知道你不赞成,克米特,
but I was so hoping you'd join me on this journey.
但我很希望你能加入我的旅程
I'd rather be building bridges in the worst jungles in Brazil
我宁愿在巴西最恶劣的丛林里修桥
than have anything to do with this.
也不愿和这事扯上关系。
It isn't personal, Kermit.
这不是你个人观点吧,克米特。
It's funny all this compassion you have for...
真好笑,你还充满热情去做...
Go on.
接着说。
Have you no consideration for Mother?
你就不为母亲大人考虑一下吗?
-Have you no...? -Darling...
-你难道没有...? -亲爱的...
Have you even telephoned President Taft to tell him
你有没有打电♥话♥给塔夫脱总统,告诉他
why you're running against him?
你为什么要跟他竞选?
No, but he will know soon enough.
不知道,但他很快就会知道的。
I'm going to miss you, Kermit.
我会想你的,科米特。
I really am.
我真的会的。
And as ever,I wish you the best.
一如既往,我祝你一切顺利。
Could you connect me to the White House, please?
请帮我接通白宫,好吗?
(knocking)
[敲门声]
Telephone for you, sir.
有您的电♥话♥,先生。
It's Mr. Theodore Roosevelt.
是西奥多.罗斯福先生打来的。
Taft (on phone): Theodore?
塔夫脱(电♥话♥中):西奥多?
Mr. President, how are you?
总统先生,你好吗?
I'm enduring.
我还是老样子。
Hm, yes.And how is Nellie?
嗯,是的。内莉怎么样了?
As you must know,she's not been well.
你一定知道,她身体不太好。
Yes. Yes, well...
是的。是的,那么...
send her my best.
替我向她问候。
At any rate,I am calling because I wanted
无论如何,我打电♥话♥来是因为我想
to speak frankly about the...
坦白地谈谈关于…
the reasoning behind my throwing my hat into the ring.
我要参选的背后原因。
So, you feel you owe me that much?
你觉得你欠我很多吗?
This is not personal, Will.
这不是针对你,威尔。
But we were such good friends for so long.
但我们做了这么久的好朋友。
We went through so much together.
我们一起经历了那么多。
I know, and that's...
我知道,那…
Really, I have done far more as President than you acknowledge.
说真的,我作为总统所做的事情,比你们所承认的多得多。
Not in your way.I don't have what you have.
不是你的方式。我没有你拥有的东西。
But many good things,pushed through with care.
但很多好事,都是小心翼翼地推进来的。
剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表