剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表
but I take great exception at you attacking the House of Morgan.
但我对你攻击我们摩根家族的行为非常反感。
Me is one thing,my business is another.
我是一回事,我的生意是另一回事。
The heat of battle.
战斗白热化了。
It was ungentlemanly and I apologize.
这很不绅士,我道歉。
I tell you I won't stand for you stealing land by executive order.
我告诉过你,我不会允许你用行政命令的手段,占据土地。
Nor will my partners in the mining and timber business.
我在采矿和伐木行业的合伙人也不会。
Have you ever been to the Grand Canyon?
你去过大峡谷吗?
No!
没有!
Well, it's a sight.
嗯,那是一种景观。
Have you ever been, sir?
你去过吗,先生?
I have,and it is breathtaking.
我去过,并为它而胸潮澎湃过。
(chuckles)
[轻笑声]
It's one of the great wonders of nature, J.P.
这是大自然最伟大的奇迹之一,J.P.。
And I believe if you saw it, you'd agree
我相信如果你看到了,你会同意
we should keep it for our children
我们应该把它留给我们的孩子们,
and our children's children,
我们的孩子们的孩子们,
and all who come after them.
以及子孙后代们。
It's the one sight every American should see.
这是每个美国人都应该看到的景观。
But your Allied Mining Company of Colorado
但是你的科罗拉多联合矿业公♥司♥
has decided to blow up bits of it in search of minerals
决定炸毁它的一部分来寻找矿物,
and they won't stop till they have marred the face of every cliff
他们不会停止,直到他们破坏了每一个悬崖的表面,
and poisoned all the fish in the Colorado River!
还毒死了科罗拉多河所有的鱼!
What gives you,and you alone,
是谁赋予了你,而且只有你自己,
the right to decide who owns land
决定哪家公♥司♥拥有土地,
and which company does what... where?
哪家公♥司♥做什么的权利…是谁?
What that company is doing, J.P.,
J.P.,那家公♥司♥所干的,
is unpatriotic.
就是不爱国。
It's sacrilege and a desecration
这是有悖伦理和亵渎神灵的做法,
and no amount of profit will ever make it right.
再多的利润也无法弥补。
So, I am going to stop it
所以,我要阻止它,
and make that land public land.
把这块土地变成公共土地。
And that is that.
该是什么,就是什么。
罗斯福挫伤了木材行业
Excellent.
好极了。
You pick a lot of fights.
你挑起了很多争执。
I'd rather be a good President for three years
我宁愿做三年的好总统,
than a lousy one for seven.
也不愿做七年的烂总统。
I'd rather have trees than not have trees.
我宁愿有树木,也不愿没树木。
They help you breathe,you know,
按照法雷尔.纳什说的,
according to Farrel Nash.
它们能帮助你呼吸。
I miss you.
我想念你。
I'm always with you.
我总陪伴在你身边。
You're always with me.
你也总陪伴着我。
You are not always with me.
你并不总是和我在一起。
And if you fail to get a second term,
如果你不能连任,
it won't break my heart.
我也不会伤心的。
A national park.
一座国家公园。
To be honest with you,the Grand Canyon is a national monument.
跟你说实话,大峡谷就是一座国家纪念碑。
It is truly...
这真是...
Give his re-election campaign
以我的名义,给他的连选
$50,000 in my name.
赞助5万美元。
Really? Why?
当真?为什么?
To show him that this setback doesn't bother me!
让他知道这次挫折,并没有困扰到我!
To probe him,
去试探他,
to see if he's getting more...
看看他是不是变得越来越...
cynical.
愤世嫉俗了。
Perkins:He sent it back.
珀金斯:他把它寄回来了。
1904年11月11日,西奥多.罗斯福连选上了美国总统
他对她的妻子伊迪丝说:“亲爱的,我的政坛生涯再也不靠偶然机遇了。”
(speaking Portuguese)
[葡萄牙语说话声]
You went past the line,I think.
我认为你已经过量了。
Come again?
再来点儿?
Your pour was a bit heavy handed.
你倒酒的手都变沉重了。
Kermit:Oh, I see.
克米特:噢,我知道。
Should I spit it back up into the bottle?
我应该把它吐回酒瓶里吗?
If building bridges doesn't work out,
既然你建不了桥梁,
why don't you try your hand at vaudeville?
你为什么不试试杂耍呢?
Kermit, would it be all right if I...?
克米特,能不能给我来点儿...?
No. Go right ahead.
没事,你喝吧,
Just be sure to follow the lines.
只是要有限度。
谢谢你。
I didn't know you were a drinking man.
我不知道你还会喝酒。
Perhaps I don't want anybody to know.
也许,我不想让任何人知道。
(dog whining)
[小狗发声]
帕香:上校!
Rondon:Major.
龙东:少校。
你有什么需要吗?长官。
没有。
Coronel, I, uh...have been meaning to tell you.
上校,我,呃...一直想跟你说件事。
I'm a trained engineer
我是一名受过训练的工程师
and I don't want to be just another passenger.
我不想只当一名乘客。
If it's possible, I would like to help with the surveying.
如果可能的话,我愿意帮忙勘测。
I will think about it.
我会考虑的。
(hammering)
[锤击声]
Hey, Kermit. Please, you get into this one, please?
嘿,克米特,请你来参加吧,行吗?
-Yes, Colonel.-Okay.
-行,上校。 -好吧。
退到那边。
第二十天
(straining)
[竭力发出的声]
测量值...是...
110度...
Rondon: Next measurement!
龙东:测下一个!
He's a daring young man, isn't he?
他是个勇敢的年轻人,不是吗?
I know. I know.
我知道。我知道。
Rondon:Next measurement!
龙东:测下一个!
测量值是...270度
Rondon:Next measurement!
龙东:测下一个!
下一个!
(chuckles)
[轻笑声]
Father...
父亲大人...
there's something I've always meant to ask.
有件事我一直想问。
Yes?
什么事?
It's about your time in Cuba.
关于你在古巴的时期。
Ah! (chuckles)
啊![咯咯笑声]
My crowded hour.
我很忙。
What of it?
想问什么?
I remember reading an article about the war
我记得读过一篇关于那场战争的文章,
that described you as...
把你描述成…
that described you as taunting the enemy dead in the trenches.
文章上面说你嘲笑战壕里死去的敌人。
Laughing and hopping about.
一边笑着,还一边单脚跳着。
I had written the whole thing off as gossip, of course.
当然,我把整件事当作流言蜚语来看待。
But...
但是...
there isn't any truth in it, is there?
这上面说的都不是真的吧,是吗?
It is true.
是真的。
I see.
我明白了。
Why shouldn't it be?
我什么不该这样呢?
Do you have any idea
你知道那些西班牙人
what those Spaniards did to our soldiers that they captured?
对他们俘虏的我们的士兵做了什么吗?
When I looked down at those dead Spaniards,
当我低头看着那些死去的西班牙人时,
I thought not of their lost humanity
我想到的不是他们失去的性命,
but of the lost humanity of my own soldiers.
而是我自己的士兵失去的性命。
The ones whose corpses we found strewn
我们在圣胡安海岸发现了
up and down the San Juan coast,
他们的尸体,
their eyes plucked out by vultures,
他们的眼睛被秃鹰挖了出来,
their flesh pecked clean by land crabs.
他们的肉被陆地上的螃蟹啄得干干净净。
It could just as easily have been me lying dead.
我也有躺在那里死掉的可能。
And if a Spanish colonel stood over my corpse
如果有一个西班牙上校站在
and hooted and hollered in victory,
我的尸体旁欢呼胜利,
I would not begrudge him for it.
我也不会因此而嫉妒他。
第二十五天
(hammering)
[锤击声]
(farts)
[放屁声]
(farting)
[屁声]
(sighing)
[叹气声]
Ah... (chuckles)
啊...[尴尬笑声]
Coronel!
上校!
对不起!
(chuckles, sighs)
剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表