剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表
(melodious bird singing)
[鸟发出一种悦耳的叫声]
(singing continues)
[叫声持续着]
Please.Take this arrow out.
请帮我把箭拔♥出♥来♥。
(grunts)
[咕哝声]
If it was poisonous,I'd be dead.
如果箭头有毒,我在就死了。
You saved my life.
你救了我。
No, no.
不,不。
We were lucky.
我们是幸运的。
What was that?
那是什么声音?
That bird.
一种鸟叫声。
Ah, uirapuru.
啊,叫做"乌拉普鲁"
It's a bird that only sings once a year.
这种鸟一年只叫一次。
Many say its song is so beautiful
许多人说它的歌♥声是如此美妙,
that everything in the jungle stops to listen.
以至于丛林里的一切都停下来聆听。
Let's go.
我们走。
(man groaning, whip cracking)
[男人在呻♥吟♥,鞭子噼啪作响]
帕香中尉!马上住手!
I asked for it!
是我要求的!
What?
什么?
I deserve it.
我该承受惩罚。
I disobeyed the colonel's order.
我当时没有服从上校的命令。
我承受惩戒...
是我犯了错误。
你们是对的。
(Kermit winces)
[科米特疼痛地抽噎声]
Good God.
我的天啊。
Teddy:What?
泰迪:怎么了?
Did you see this?
你看到了吗?
“破产股票投资人在旅馆饮弹自尽!”
I heard another one jumped in the East River last week.
我听说上周又有一个人只跳进了纽约东河。
Edith:Have you no compassion?
伊迪丝:你没有同情心吗?
Rats leaving the sinking ship.
耗子们都会离开下沉的船只。
For God's sake, Farrel.
看在上帝的份儿上,法雷尔。
I was actually about to...
其实我正要…
These people are gamblers.
这些人都是赌徒。
When they get lucky,they're financial geniuses,
当他们运气好的时候,他们是金融天才,
when they lose, they come whining to the government for a handout.
当他们输了的时候,他们会向政♥府♥抱怨要施舍。
Or shoot themselves in the ear.
或者朝自己的耳朵开一枪。
You think it was the ear?
你觉得那是射进耳朵了吗?
Edith: While you were in Louisiana,
伊迪丝: 当你在路易斯安那州
hunting and planning nature conferences,
打猎和筹备自然会议的时候,
the stock market dropped five days in a row.
股票市场连续五天下跌。
While it's on my mind, William,
当它在我的脑海里,威廉,
have you heard about this move in the Senate to take away
你听说过参议院提出动议来
my power to create parks and monuments?
授权我创造了那些公园和纪念碑吗?
-Taft: Yes. -They don't have the votes, do they?
-塔夫脱:是的。 -他们没有足够的选票,对吧?
Yes, they do, Theodore.They'll have it done within a week.
是的,他们有,西奥多。他们会在一周内完成的。
But Farrel and I have another 16 million acres to save.
但法雷尔和我还有1600万英亩自然保护地要拯救。
Listen, now is not the time to discuss why the Senate thinks--
听着,现在不是时候来讨论,为什么参议院总有人认为你--
wrongly of course--
当然,这些都是错的--
that you're acting more like a king than a President.
比起一位总统,更像一位国王。
Those bastards are bought and paid for.
那些混♥蛋♥被金钱收买♥♥了。
Theodore, I was going to tell you this after breakfast,
西奥多,我本想在早餐后告诉你的,
but perhaps, if Edith doesn't mind...
但也许,如果伊迪丝不介意…
Please.
请讲。
This country is in a very perilous situation.
这个国家正处于非常危险的境地。
Why? Because a couple of investors borrowed too much from a bank,
为什么?因为几个投资者从银行借了太多钱,
made a bad bet,and couldn't pay it back?
押错了赌注,无法偿还?
No, because the bank, which was huge,
不,因为那家大银行,
lost all its money and then collapsed.
损失了所有的钱,然后倒闭了。
Now people across the country have lost faith
现在,全国各地的人们都失去了信心,
and they're pulling their money out of their banks and they're collapsing.
他们把钱从银行里取出来,银行正在倒闭。
And if this continues, homes will be foreclosed upon
如果这种情况继续下去,房♥屋将被取消赎回权,
and families will take to the road
许多家庭将带着
with their hungry children in tow.
饥饿的孩子上路。
That is what a financial crisis is.
这就是金融危机。
My God, what a mess.
天啊,真是一团糟。
Finally, he arrives back.
看来,他明白了。
How close are we to a crash?
我们离崩溃还有多远?
A day or two at most. However...
最多一两天。然而…
Just have to get the Treasury to put in money
to get back the confidence that...
只需要让财政部投入资金来恢复信心……
That is the effort underway!
这就是我们正在进行的努力!
But...
但是...
Go on!
继续说下去!
What are you hiding?
你为什么含糊其辞?
No one could reach you.
没人能联♥系♥到你。
Knowing how you trust me,the Secretary of the Treasury
考虑到你有多信任我,财政部长
came to me and asked me if I thought you'd object
来找我并问我,你会不会反对
to the Treasury Department giving J.P. Morgan $25 million.
财政部给摩根大通2500万美元。
What? Why?
什么?为什么?
Mr. Morgan convened a group of fellow bankers
为了避免灾难,摩根先生召集了
in an effort to avert disaster.
一群银行家同行。
Why would we funnel our money through him of all people?
我们为什么偏偏要通过他来筹钱?
Because he jumped in first!
因为他是第一个跳出来的!
He understands the problem better than anyone!
他比任何人都更了解这个问题!
He can maybe even fix it.
他甚至可以修好它。
His group has already put in far more than we have,
他的团队已经投入了比我们多得多的资金,
with J.P. being the most generous of them all.
而J.P.是他们当中最慷慨的。
-Generous. -Theodore...
-慷慨的。 -西奥多…
he'd survive any crash,no matter how severe.
无论危机有多严重,他都能活下来。
He could even profit from it.
他甚至可以从中获利。
Are you telling me that you gave away control of the U.S. economy
你是说,你把美国经济的控制权,拱手让给了
to a private businessman?
一个私人商人吗?
Who might save you from being remembered
但愿你别被世人记住,
as the President who let America get flushed down the toilet!
是你让美国被冲下马桶!
Excuse me, Edith.
对不起,伊迪斯。
Where do we stand?
我们的立场在哪里?
He wants a meeting.
他想召开一次会议。
(sighs)
[叹息声]
I'm sorry, but I cannot invest any more money in a failing economy.
我很抱歉,但我不能在经济衰退的情况下再投资了。
Why did you come down here?
那你为什么要来这里?
I have a plan that might save the day,
我有一个计划来应对如今的时局,
but I need your word of honor on a certain matter.
但我需要你以你的名誉,来担♥保♥这件事情。
Your word of honor as America,
以你作为一名美国人的名誉,
your word of honor...
以你作为我的一位老友之子...
as Theodore Roosevelt,
作为西奥多.罗斯福,
son of my old friend.
来担♥保♥它。
Along with... how shall I put it...
本着...我该怎么说呢...
a united group of associates,
与我合作的联合企业集团,
I want to buy a failing coal and iron company in Tennessee.
我想收♥购♥,田纳西州一家濒临破产的煤炭和钢铁公♥司♥。
I will pay more than it is worth,and by doing so,
我将支付高于其价值的价格,这样一来,
I will not only save that company,but several large banks
我不仅拯救了这家公♥司♥,还拯救了它欠钱的几家大银行,
it owes money to,which will collapse
如果田纳西公♥司♥违约,
if the Tennessee company defaults.
这些银行也跟着会倒闭。
Are you following me so far?
我说了这些,你听懂了吗?
-Yes.-If those banks crash,
-听懂了。 -如果这些银行倒闭,
all hell will break loose
厄运随之而来,
and you'll be sending troops into the streets
你们将派你们的军队上街,
and there'll be suffering and barbarism
而那将是痛苦和野蛮的,
such as this country has never seen before.
这种事情,在这个国家还从未发生过。
If the banks survive...
如果这些银行存活下来...
confidence will return.
将带回人们的信心。
Does this united group of associates have a name?
那这个联合企业集团有他的名称吗?
Hmm, U.S. Steel.
嗯,美国钢铁公♥司♥。
A very large company.
一家很大的公♥司♥。
A very large, efficient company
一家非常庞大,有效率的公♥司♥,
with honorable men upon its board.
只有高尚的人,才能进入它的董事会。
Including you.
包括你。
What is it you want me to promise?
你需要我保证什么?
I will only buy this company if you promise me
如果你答应我,不会再引发反垄断诉讼,
it will not trigger another anti-monopoly lawsuit.
我才会买♥♥下这家公♥司♥。
I only have nine months left in office.
我的任期只剩下九个月了。
剧集 | 美国来客(2021) | 导航列表