剧集 | 德伯家的苔丝(2008) | 导航列表
前情提要
德北菲尔德是郡上最显赫的家族
The Durbeyfields are the greatest gentlefolk in the county.
在金斯比尔的家族墓穴
A family vault in Kingsbere
就算是遗物了
is the extent of your legacy.
你得去认亲
What you've got to do is go claim kin.
我应该怎么做才能赢得你的芳心
What would I have to do to win your affections?
为什么我要害怕
Why should I be scared?
那些姑娘们需要舞伴
Well, the ladies need partners
我去跟她们跳个舞
and I'm inclined to have a fling.
你永远都不会爱上我 对吗 苔丝
You'll never love me, will you, Tess?
我从未爱过你 阿历克
I have never loved you, Alec,
将来也不会
and I never will.
《徳伯家的苔丝》 第二集
啊 仁慈的主
O merciful God,
求您怜恤我可怜的孩子
have pity upon my poor baby.
我深知犯下罪孽 必将受到惩罚
I know how I have sinned and I must be punished,
但我求您
but I beg you.
将罪责降于我身
Heap your anger on me
宽恕我的孩子
and spare my child.
他会好的 对吗
He will get well again, won't he?
他不吃奶了
He won't suckle.
哭个不停
He won't stop crying.
母亲 求您了
Mother, please!
约翰
John,
我请求你
I am begging you, please,
同意我们去找特林汉姆牧师吧
let us call Parson Tringham.
我不会同意的
We'll do no such thing!
但是 如果婴儿不受礼 约翰
But if baby's not baptised, John...
任何牧师也不许踏进我的家门
No parson shall come inside this door,
来窥探我的家事
prying into my affairs.
父亲 求您了
Father, please!
主啊 我的女儿 你还嫌家族好名声
Good God, girl, haven't you brought enough shame
被你亵渎得不够吗
onto our good name as it is?
不许牧师进我家门
There'll be no parson beneath my roof!
从今往后 家里的事我们自行解决
From now on, we keep our business to ourselves!
苦楚 我奉圣父
I baptise thee, Sorrow, in the name of the Father,
圣子 圣灵之名 给你付洗
and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
孩子们 念 阿门
Say, "Amen," Children.
阿门
Amen.
我们在天上的父
Our Father, who art in heaven,
愿人都尊你的名为圣
hallowed be thy name.
跟着我念
Join in.
愿你的国降临
Thy kingdom come,
愿你的旨意行在地上 如同行在天上
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
我们日用的饮食 今日赐给我们
Give us this day our daily bread
免我们的债
and forgive us our trespasses
如同我们免人的债
as we forgive them that trespass against us...
同你给他行的洗礼是一样的 是吗 先生
It will be just the same for Sorrow, won't it, sir?
他会进天堂吗
In the next life?
这可难说了
Well, it's hard to say.
但我已经给他行了洗礼
But I have baptised him,
这同你给他行的洗礼是一样的
just as you would have.
是的 我能明白你的心情 苔丝
Yes, I understand you, Tess,
但教规规定 你没有施洗的资格
but ecclesiastically you lack the necessary qualifications.
但你会给他一个基♥督♥教的葬礼吧
But you will give him a Christian burial?
我恐怕没有这个职权
I'm afraid that is not in my power.
他只是个孩子
But a child,
一个弱小婴儿
a little baby,
他永远不会在他短暂的生命中犯下罪孽
who's never sinned in his little life,
却要在夜幕中 把他和自杀的懦夫
to hide him away in the night
臭名昭著的酒鬼和罪人胡乱埋在一起
with the suicides and the drunks and the sinners,
这 这太可怕了
it's...it's wicked!
这是教规
There are rules,
苔丝 我们需要遵守
Tess, there are principles!
我不懂教规 我不知道它们的含义
I can't understand them, I don't know what they mean!
要是只是我们两个人的事
If it just concerned the two of us,
我就会情愿给他一个基♥督♥教的葬礼
I would gladly give your child a Christian burial,
但是 我不能办
but I cannot.
即使你不为他办基♥督♥教葬礼
Perhaps it will be just the same for him,
对他可能完全一样
even if you don't.
是吗
Will it?
请别以一种圣徒对待罪人的口吻和我说话
Please don't speak to me as saint to sinner.
就作为您个人 请您回答我
Speak to me as you yourself, to me myself.
在上帝的眼中 这是否都一样
In God's eyes, will it be the same?
在上帝的眼中
In God's eyes,
都一样
it will be just the same.
但是 我不会
But I will not,
不能给你的孩子一个基♥督♥教的葬礼
cannot give your child a Christian burial.
那么我是不喜欢你了 也不喜欢你的上帝
Then I do not like you, and I do not like your God,
而且我永远也不再上你的教堂了
and I will not set foot in your church again.
代我向克里克先生问好
Send Mr. Crick our best wishes.
你会在那里生活得很好的
You'll do well there.
向我保证
Promise me
你不会把自己的麻烦事告诉任何人
that you'll tell no-one of your troubles.
过去的都过去了
What's past is past.
-我知道 -向我保证 苔丝
- I know. - Promise me, Tess.
我保证
I promise.
你轻而易举就找到我们了
You found us easy enough?
我跟随你的牧群来的
I followed your herd.
我从来没有看到过这么健壮的牲畜
I've never seen such fine beasts.
是世界上最健壮的牲畜
Finest animals in the world.
这里也是最好的牧场
Finest pastures too.
你熟悉这里吗
You know these parts?
不 先生
No, sir.
尽管我古老的祖先来自这里
Though my ancient ancestors come from around here.
是吗
Is that right?
那是很久以前了
It's a long time ago.
现在一切都被忘却了
It's all forgotten now.
你的脸色可真是苍白 孩子
You're awful pale, girl.
你确信你能经受住这里的工作
You sure you can stand the work?
干粗活的人在这儿觉得够舒服
It's comfortable enough here for us rough folk,
可是我们并不是住在种黄瓜的暖房♥里
but we don't live in a cucumber frame.
我只是冬天在室内呆久了 仅此而已
I've been indoors a great deal this past winter, that's all.
你能把奶挤干净吧 姑娘
Can you milking well, my maiden?
我可不想我的奶牛回奶
I don't want my cows running dry on me.
如果你愿意的话 我现在就做给你看
I'll show you now, sir, if you wish.
这里有些奶牛好挤 有些奶牛不好挤
Some milks easy, some milks hard.
你就先拿这头奶牛先试试手吧
I'll start you off on Old Pretty here.
你想先喝点什么吗 喝杯茶怎么样
Don't you want some victuals first? A dish of tea?
不用了 如果可以我就喝点牛奶吧 先生
Oh, I'll just have some of this if I may, sir.
我不知道你能如何下咽
I don't know how you can swallow it.
这东西我多年没有碰过它了
I haven't touched it in years.
它喝在肚子里就像是一块铅躺在那儿
Lies in my innards like lead.
照我看
To my thinking,
今天这些奶牛出奶和平常有些不同
the cows don't give down their milk today as usual.
这是因为我们中间来了一个新人
It's because there's a new hand come among us.
听说 这种时候牛奶就流到牛角里去了
I've heard that their milk goes up into their horns.
这是真的
It's true!
也许是这样的
Well, that's one possibility.
你怎么看呢 先生
What d'you reckon, sir?
从解剖学的角度看
Well, from an anatomical point of view,
我承认 我对此抱有怀疑
I confess I'm sceptical.
伙计们 我们肯定要唱一两首歌♥儿了
Folks, we must lift a stave or two,
看看这样是否奏效
see if that helps.
也许你应该把你的竖琴拿来 先生
Perhaps you could go and get your harp, sir!
我恐怕那样会适得其反的 伊茨
I fear that would have the opposite effect, Izzy.
那么 就唱歌♥吧 唱吧
A song, then. Sing it out,
女士们 尽情地放声唱吧
ladies. Good and strong.
* Oh, the snow, it melts the soonest *
* When the winds begin to sing *
* And the corn, it ripens fastest *
* When the frosts are setting in *
* And when a young man tells me that *
* My face he'll soon forget *
剧集 | 德伯家的苔丝(2008) | 导航列表