剧集 | 德伯家的苔丝(2008) | 导航列表
谢谢
Thank you.
你看起来 非常
You look... very...
黑
..brown.
是我在农场的劳动所赐
From my labours in the fields!
看看我的手
Look at my hands!
哦 一些血肠和蜂蜜酒
Oh, some black puddings, some mead.
-给父母的礼物 -蜂蜜酒
- Gifts for my parents. - Mead?
天哪
Goodness gracious.
你这是怎么了 安琪尔·克莱尔
What has happened to you, Angel Clare?
教堂见
I will see you at church, I'm sure.
希望如此
I hope so.
再见 安琪尔
Goodbye, Angel.
够了
That's enough now!
愿人都尊你的名为圣
Hallowed be Thy name.
愿你的国降临
Thy kingdom come.
愿你的旨意行在地上 如同行在天上
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
我们日用的饮食 今日赐给我们
Give us this day our daily bread
免我们的债
and forgive us our trespasses,
如同我们免人的债
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
请原谅
Excuse me.
请便
Of course.
安琪尔
Angel?
安琪尔 真的是你吗
Angel? Is it really you?
是您的不孝子回来啦
The prodigal returns!
他是我的一个老对手
He's an old adversary of mine,
一个恶名昭彰的放纵的年轻人
a notorious and dissolute young man,
阿历克·德贝维尔先生
Mr. Alec D'Urberville.
他貌似被我的布教激怒了
It seemed offended with my sermons
他认为得我是在针对他的作为
he felt was aimed in his direction.
-我想你的确是 -确实
- As I'm sure it was. - Indeed.
之后 我们打了起来
Afterwards, we came to blows.
希望不是真的拳脚相加
Not literally, I hope.
不完全 不过差不多了
Not quite, but he came close.
之后没多久他的母亲去世了
Soon afterwards his mother died.
可怜的男人比我们预期的要难过得多
Poor man took it rather harder than expected.
现在他经常来看我
He comes to see me quite often now,
探讨心灵问题
to discuss spiritual matters.
我在农场也认识一个姓德北菲尔德的
I know a Durbeyfield, on the farm.
可能是远房♥亲戚
A distant relation perhaps?
不可能 这个家族的真实姓氏是斯托克
Not possible. The family's real name was Stoke.
我记得 他们是靠卖♥♥巧克力发家的
Made their money in chocolate, I believe!
花钱改了姓
They bought the name.
狂妄自大 虚有其表
Pure vanity and affectation.
其实 真正的德贝维尔家族
No, no, the last of the true D'Urbervilles
早就衰败 湮灭了
died out long, long ago.
* I see the stars *
* I hear the mighty thunder *
* My path throughout *
* The universe's plain *
* Then sings my soul *
* My saviour come to thee... *
快走 我们得回家了
Come along, we must be getting home now.
我想你现在一心想的就是农业了吧
I suppose it is farming or nothing with you now?
确实如此 费利克斯
It seems so, Felix.
去英格兰吗
In England?
去殖民地
The Colonies.
-可能是巴西吧 -巴西
- Brazil, possibly. - Brazil?
巴西可都是信的罗马天主教
But aren't they all Roman Catholics?
是吗 我可没有想到那些
Are they? I hadn't thought of it.
安琪尔 我劝你千万别放弃了道德理想
I do entreat you, Angel, to keep in touch with moral ideals.
显然 务农已使你外表粗俗
Clearly farming means roughing it externally,
但高尚的理想 与简朴的生活并不冲突
but high-thinking may go with plain living nevertheless.
费利克斯 你为什么觉得我会放弃道德理想
Felix, why should you think I've lost my moral ideals?
我们只是有这个想法 对吧 库斯伯特
Well, we just thought, didn't we, Cuthbert?
从你的来信里看出 你似乎在丧失...
From your letters, that you were somehow losing...
理性思维
well, intellectual grasp.
也许你说得对 费利克斯
Well, perhaps you're right, Felix.
我想你是在找血肠吧
I dare say you are looking for the black puddings.
我建议你父亲
I suggested to your father
把克利克夫人善意的礼物
that we take Mrs. Crick's kind present
送给那些目前找不到工作的
to the children of the poor man in the village
穷♥人♥的孩子们
who cannot find work at present,
他同意我的做法
and he agreed with me
这对那些人来说 是莫大的荣幸
that it would be a great pleasure to them.
因此就这么办了
So we did!
我明白了 没事
I see. Of course.
我发现那瓶蜂蜜酒 酒精含量太高
The mead I found so intensely alcoholic,
不适合作为饮料
it was quite unfit for use as a beverage.
我把它放在药柜里了
I've put it in my medicine chest.
应急用
For emergencies.
我本来还希望能告诉她
Well, I had rather hoped to tell her
我们一家很喜欢她的礼物
that we'd enjoyed her gifts.
既然我们没有吃 你就不能那样说
Well, you cannot, if we did not.
真可惜 那种蜜酒倒是值得一点一点品尝
It's a shame. That mead was a spot of pretty tipple.
你说什么
A what?
我已经连续每年攒下一些钱
I've taken the trouble of putting aside a sum of money every year
以便将来有一天给你买♥♥地或是租地
towards the purchase or lease of some land.
谢谢你 父亲
Thank you, Father.
不过我仍然怀疑让你去务农的初衷
Though I remain sceptical as to the purpose of this labour,
如果不是为了上帝的尊严和荣耀
if not for the honour and glory of God.
我希望这是为了男人的尊严和荣耀
I hope for the honour and glory of Man.
那么我们该谈谈条件了
Then we should discuss the terms.
父亲 谈条件之前
Before we do so, Father,
我希望能先谈谈开支的事
I want the deal agreed in the expense,
无论是在这里还是殖民地 我都需要一些协助
where here or in the Colony I will need some assistance.
-一名管家 -一位妻子
- A bailiff? - A wife.
也不是全无道理
That seems not unreasonable.
以您之见 我这么一个勤劳俭朴的农场主
And what sort of wife do you think would be best for me
最好娶一个什么样的姑娘做妻子呢
as a thrifty, hard-working farmer?
一个真正的基♥督♥教♥徒♥
A truly Christian woman.
其实就是指 我的好友羌特博士的女儿
Indeed, the daughter of my good-friend Doctor Chant.
但是她应该不会挤奶
But ought she not to be able to milk cows,
搅黄油 照顾小鸡♥吧♥
churn butter, rear chickens?
也许吧 但是要找一个虔诚信教的女子
Perhaps, but for a pure and saintly woman,
你再也找不到
you will find no-one more
比你的朋友梅茜更适合的了
to your advantage than your friend Mercy.
没错 没错 梅茜·羌特 但是父亲...
Yes, yes, Mercy Chant, but father...
母亲也该过来听听
Mother should hear this.
母亲
Mother!
母亲
Mother!
什么事
Yes?
我今天回来是想知会你们
I came here today to tell you that
命运 天意 或者上帝
fate, or Providence, or God if you wish,
已经给我挑选了一个姑娘
has placed in my path a woman,
她信仰单纯 按时上教堂 心地忠厚
a regular church-goer of simple faith, honest-hearted,
感觉敏悟 头脑聪明 举止也相当高雅
receptive, intelligent, graceful, pure,
像祭祀灶神的祭司一样纯洁
virtuous as a Vestal.
容貌也长得异常的美丽
She is also, I might add, exceptionally beautiful.
但是安琪尔
But Angel,
她的出身如何
is she from...a good family?
简而言之 她是不是一位小姐
Is she, in short...A lady?
按照普通的说法 她是不能被称为小姐的
She is not what in common parlance is called a "Lady",
但在感情天性方面 你不能不说她是一位小姐
but a lady nevertheless, in feeling and in nature.
那按普通的说法
But in common parlance?
她是一名挤奶工
She's a milkmaid.
梅茜·羌特的门第就不错啊
Mercy Chant is of a good family!
-管它什么门第呢 -安琪尔
- Oh, pooh to good families! - Angel!
对于我过的生活而言 门第好有什么用
What is the use of a good family in the life I'm going to live?
梅茜很有学识
Mercy is accomplished,
学识也是一种魅力
and accomplishments have their charm.
苔丝也有学识
And Tess has accomplishments.
她很有学识 妈妈
She has many accomplishments, Mother!
确实 她没受过正规教育
True, she has no formal education,
剧集 | 德伯家的苔丝(2008) | 导航列表