剧集 | 皮尔森 | 导航列表
Shit, why are you always asking me to cross the line?
她信任你 德里克
She trusts you, Derrick.
这也是为什么她向你求助 而不是向我
It's the reason why she came to you and not me.
对 你又让我去背叛这份信任
Yeah, and you're asking me to betray that trust.
我只是让你重操旧业
I'm asking you to put your reporter hat back on
给我点消息 因为你不照做的话
and get me something, because if you don't,
优莉的律师会在法庭上被坑
Yoli's clinic lawyer is gonna get rolled in court
她母亲也会被驱逐
and her mother's gonna be deported.
我知道你也不想这样
And I know you don't want that.
你可真会让我内疚
Way to guilt me out.
这是世上最有用的激励因素
Hmm. It's the greatest motivator in the world.
你认识这些人吗
Do you know any of these people?
我认识他
I know him.
不是我想的那个诺瓦克
Not the Novak I expected,
但绝对是我更喜欢的
but definitely the one I prefer.
你的另一半呢
Where is the other half to your better one?
要么在这里顶替他
Ugh, well, it was either cover for him here,
做一点公共演讲
do a little public speaking,
要么就在那里顶替他 让城市运转
or cover for him there and keep the city afloat.
模拟庭审只让你准备其中一种情况
You know, mock trials only prepare you for one of those.
没错 你在法学院一年级时狠狠打败了我
Yeah, that's right. You eviscerated me back in 1-L.
你最近如何 你看起来不错
Well, how are you? I mean, you look great.
谢谢 我很好
Ah, thanks. I'm good.
抱歉
Oh, I'm sorry.
这位是市长马克·泰勒 这位是凯莉·艾伦
Um, Mayor Mark Taylor, this is Keri Allen--
-鲍比的得力助手 -幸会
- Bobby's right-hand girl. - Ah, pleasure.
我们更喜欢被称为市检察官
We prefer the term City Attorney.
-市检察官 -没错
- City Attorney? - Yes.
有鲍比在 你一定忙得
Yeah, you must have your hands full
不可开交吧
with Bobby over there.
操心的母亲
Intense mother.
-他一直让你很忙碌吧 -毕竟城市很大
- He keeping you busy? - It's a big city.
说起来 我听说你要宣布
Speaking of, I hear you are announcing
芝加哥的医保改革
Chicago's take on that health care initiative
而这让帕洛阿尔托很头疼
that gave Palo Alto such a headache.
没错 你知道鲍比
Yeah, well, come on, you know Bobby's
早就习惯了头疼 我也一样
no stranger to headaches and neither am I.
另外 这是我们真正拥护的项目
Plus, this one we are really passionate about.
我能看出来
Yeah, I can see that.
这不是一项纸上谈兵的行动
It's not another all-talk-no-action move.
我们认为这能带来真正的好处
We think this one might actually do some real good.
听着 我支持你们 我们也试过了
Listen, I'm with you. We tried, too.
我们无法解决让其他城市也翻船的
We couldn't get around all the legal crap
那些法律问题
that sunk the others.
我很好奇 你们的完美解决方案是什么
I'm curious-- what was your brilliant solve?
-我们开始 -这并不复杂
- Well, we started-- - It wasn't rocket science.
实际上 我们刚规定了不仅
Actually, we just established that it was not only
评判标准的术语合乎宪法
constitutional in the language of the measure,
而且违规者需交罚款 罚金用来资助城市执法
but we built in fines for violators to fund city enforcement.
我明白鲍比指派她的原因了
Well, I see why Bobby appointed her.
谁想来杯酒吗
Anyone want a drink?
-我不喝了 -我可以再来一杯
- I'm fine. - I could use another.
等到明天 情况只会变得更差
Ah, wait till tomorrow. It only gets worse.
女士优先
After you.
谢谢你
Thank you, sir.
凯莉
Keri?
你真是得心应手
So handy.
抱歉 我不是故意把你丢在那
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to abandon you down there.
不是你 是我自己想回来
Oh, you didn't. I wanted to come back
温习一下演讲 尤其当你附加了
and go over the speech, especially since you added
有关圣荷西的部分之后
that part about San Jose.
对 希望没关系
Yeah, I hope that's all right.
我赞同马克的观点
I agree with Mark.
我明白鲍比雇你的原因了 但既然如此
I see why Bobby hired you, but since you did,
你介意帮我改改吗
do you mind helping me make some changes?
这是他的演讲 我
It's his speech. I--
现在是我的演讲了 而我想修改一下
Well, now it's mine, and I'd like to make some changes.
好吧 你介意我去拿杯葡萄酒吗
All right, do you mind if I grab my wine?
不 完全不介意
No, not at all.
你想来一杯吗
Would you like a glass?
-什么 -一杯霞多丽
- Hmm? - Of Chardonnay.
屋里有一瓶
There's a bottle in the room.
不了 谢谢
No, I'm fine. Thank you.
你平时不喝酒吗
Do you not drink at all?
我有多发性硬化
I have MS.
但你知道的 对吧
But you know that, right?
毕竟很难为一个人工作
Because it's hard to work for someone for--
你说几年来着 两年
what was it that you said-- two years?
而完全不了解他们 对吧
And not know everything about them, right?
别扯演讲的事了
Okay, so much for the speech.
这才是你来的理由
This is why you came.
别把我想的那么没水平
Give me a little more credit than that.
作为市长妻子 我必然有责任
As the mayor's wife, I have certain responsibilities,
而这只是责任之一
and this is one of them.
我能问一下你知道多久了吗
Can I ask how long you've known?
你没资格问我任何事情
You don't get to ask me anything.
好吧 那我回屋了
Okay, I'm gonna go back to my room.
你怎么回事
What's wrong with you?
我不会跟你争吵 诺瓦克太太
I'm not doing this with you, Mrs. Novak.
拜托别叫我诺瓦克太太 好吗
Please, stop calling me Mrs. Novak, all right?
这只会恶化我们的处境
It just adds to the perversity of our situation.
我很抱歉 我从未想过伤害你
I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you.
我没求你同情我
I'm not looking for your pity.
我没同情你 事情就那么发生了 我很抱歉
I'm not giving you pity. It happened, and I'm sorry.
我不知道 不知道还能说什么了
And I don't-- I don't know what else to say.
你是个漂亮又有才的女人
You are a beautiful, accomplished woman
还跟我丈夫在一起五年
who has been with my husband for five years.
不是两年
Not two...
而是五年
five.
这么久以来
And in all that time,
你只让自己无所事事 然后吃残羹剩饭
you have just let yourself sit around and wait for scraps.
能忍♥到这地步 你一定很看低自己
You must think pretty little of yourself to put up with that.
你找到了整层楼唯一安静的地方
You found the one quiet spot on the whole floor.
你在忙什么呢
What you working on?
带我妈妈回家的最佳方式
Well, the best way to bring my mother home
是向法官证明她与社区里有深厚联♥系♥
is to show the judge that she has roots in her community.
因此我打算讲述我的故事
So I am going to tell my story.
达卡
Daca.
-没错 -你真勇敢
- Mm-hmm. - That's brave of you.
是啊 她才是被关进监狱的人
Yeah, well, she's the one that's locked up.
我只需要达到目的且不出丑就行
I just need to get up there and not make a fool out of myself.
你知道 我以写稿件谋生
Well, you know I do help write speeches for a living.
行了 宣传委员 听着 我很好
Okay, flack. Listen, I'm good.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你需要更努力些
Well, you need to do a little more
而不仅是不让自己出丑
than not make a fool out of yourself.
如果你要说自己是达卡这事的话
If you're gonna go the whole DACA route,
你得百分之百准确才行
you need to be 100% accurate.
-我怎么会不准确呢 -不是 我就提醒一下
- Why wouldn't I be? - No, I'm just saying.
瞧瞧他们是怎么对你妈妈的
I mean, look what they did to your mother.
她循规蹈矩 还是被关起来了
She followed all the rules, and they still locked her up.
记住 你在法庭上念的那些
Just remember, when you're reading that in court,
是宣誓过的
you're under oath.
真不敢相信
I can't believe this.
她让你来的 是不是
She put you up to this, didn't she?
什么 你说什
What? What are you ta--
不 别对我说谎 你不能到这里来
No, no, no, don't lie to me. You can't come here
当我的面撒谎 还指控我和我的家人说谎
accusing me and my family of lying by lying to my face.
她只是想帮你
She's just trying to help you.
我们都想帮你
We both are.
我妈妈没犯过错
剧集 | 皮尔森 | 导航列表