剧集 | 皮尔森 | 导航列表
This is what his wife wants.
我没别的能告诉你了
I don't know what else to tell you.
别再问问题了 也不要把这件事
Stop asking questions, and don't make this,
或其他的事变成你事
or anything else going on, your business.
如果市长不在期间
If we have any hope of coexisting
咱俩有望和平共处
while the mayor is gone,
你就别把这事变成恶意角逐
I need you not to turn this into a pissing contest.
皮 尔 逊
第一季 第四集
杰西卡 没想到你会来
Jessica, I wasn't expecting you.
你不是该去上班吗
Shouldn't you be at work?
我保证我没有翘班
I'm not playing hooky. I promise.
只要我没有收留一个翘班的人 快进来
Well, as long as I'm not harboring a truant, come on in.
安吉拉在处理墓地上的事
Angela's just finishing up a graveyard.
她应该很快就回来了
She should be home pretty soon.
实际上 我想先和你谈谈
Actually, I wanted to talk to you first.
我知道你们九十天内就要搬出去
I know you have 90 days to move,
但你们考虑过
but have you given any thought
想搬去哪里住吗
to where you want to live?
有这么多的事
Well, with everything going on,
我们还没机会考虑呢
we haven't had a chance.
我教堂的汤普森牧师说
Reverend Thompson from my church said
他可能会带着些想法或或祈祷来我这
he might drop by with a few ideas, or a prayer.
在你祈求上帝的帮助之前 你先过来
Well, before you seek divine intervention, come with me.
我想让你看看这个
I want you to take a look at this.
这是我想给你 安吉拉还有孩子们买♥♥的房♥子
It's a house I want to buy for you, Angela, and the boys.
在埃文斯顿
It's in Evanston.
学校很好
Great schools.
给考利和马克的宽敞后院
A big backyard for Cory and Mark.
杰西卡 这太贵重了
Jessica, this is too much.
对我来说不事
Not for me.
我有的是钱 除了我自己又无处可花
I have plenty of money with no one to spend it on but myself,
说实话
and to be honest,
发生了那些事情
after everything that's happened,
这是我最起码应该做的
that's the least I can do.
埃文斯顿
Evanston.
当然 也不非得是这栋房♥子
Well, it doesn't have to be this house,
或者这一带
or this neighborhood.
我们可以一起去找找
We can all go looking together.
你想和安吉拉一起去看♥房♥♥子
You want to go house hunting with Angela?
我们说的可是一个
We're talking about the woman
连你给的杂货都不愿接受的女人啊
who wouldn't even accept a bag of groceries from you.
所以我才先来找你啊
Which is why I'm coming to you first.
你觉得她会听我的
And you think she listens to me?
如果你能说服她
If you can convince her
这对她的两个儿子有好处
that it's a better life for her boys,
她也许会听
she might.
我试试吧
I'll try.
可我不能保证
But I'm not making any promises.
我只希望你试试
That's all I can ask.
你一定是杰西卡吧
You must be Jessica.
我是詹姆斯·汤普森
I'm James Thompson.
你姨妈的牧师
I'm your aunt's pastor.
她和您提到我可真好
Wow, that's, uh, very sweet of her to mention me.
她可不止是提到你呢
Oh, she did more than that.
她多年以来一直为你祈祷 你终于来了
She prayed for you for years, and here you are.
她和我有好多要叙旧
Well, she and I have a lot to catch up on.
那和上帝之家一起
Yeah, well, no better place to do it
再好不过了
than with the family of God.
我可以周日给你留个位
I can save you a seat on Sunday?
您真是太好了
Oh, that's very kind of you,
但我想还是先从帮她找个住处开始吧
but I think I'll start with finding her a new place to live.
你看看
Well, look at us.
我们想一块去了
We're on the same page.
我来就是为这个
That's why I'm here.
四处拜访 看看有谁需要我帮助
Knocking on doors, seeing who I can help.
这楼里的人您都认识吗
Do you know everyone in the building?
如果我不了解
Well, I wouldn't be much of a pastor
这一带所有事情的话
if I didn't make it my business to know
我就算不上是个好牧师
everything that's going on in the neighborhood.
见到你很高兴 杰西卡
Well, it's been a pleasure meeting you, Jessica.
祝你今天过得愉快
You have a wonderful day.
谢谢你
Thank you.
不好意思
Um, I'm sorry, um...
你认识卡尔·杰弗里斯吗
Did you know Carl Jeffries?
是的 我认识
I did, yes.
关于他的死亡
What about the way he died?
你知道些什么吗
Do you know anything about that?
我为市长工作 汤普森牧师
I work for the mayor, Reverend Thompson.
我不为警♥察♥工作
I'm not with the police.
卡尔是个好人
Carl was a good man,
但是他做了错误的选择
but he made bad choices.
提起那个诉讼是他
Filing that lawsuit was his way
试图解决问题的方式
of trying to make things right.
他站在最前线
He was out front,
他告诉着人们他们的权利
he was telling people about their rights.
但突然之间
Then all of a sudden,
他撤诉了
he just drops the lawsuit.
几天后 他开着一部
A few days later, he shows up
崭新的路虎揽胜现身了
with a brand new Range Rover.
然后他就被枪击了
Then he got shot.
卡尔有钱买♥♥那种车吗
Did Carl have the kind of money to buy a car like that?
不 我不认为他有
No, I wouldn't think so.
他平时没有
Not normally.
我就知道这些 女士
That's all I know, ma'am.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我来和平商议
I come in peace.
听着 劳埃德 早些时候
Listen, Lloyd, about earlier--
你不用再说了
Say no more.
我不该在所有人面前提起那件事
I was out of line to bring that up in front of everyone.
你在所有人面前提这件事不是问题
It's not that you brought it up in front of everyone.
我知道你想要什么
I know what you want,
但以弗雷德·汉普顿的名字来命名一条街
and naming a street after Fred Hampton
是不可能的
is not gonna fly.
为什么 因为你为警♥察♥部门代言吗
Why, because you're a proxy for the police department?
这就是你说的和平商议吗
So much for coming in peace.
凯莉 他是个公民权利活动家和一个英雄
The man was a civil rights activist and a hero, Keri.
但对其他人来说 他是个危险的激进分子
And to others, a dangerous militant.
黑豹党存在的意义是为了
The Black Panthers were about defending themselves
反抗政♥府♥对他们的压♥迫♥
from government oppression.
劳埃德 我不是来给他打官司
Lloyd, please, I am not here to litigate his case.
在你出生的30年前
It's already been litigated,
官司就已经打过了
about 30 years before you were born,
然后案子被一个白人法官撤销了
and a white judge threw it out.
然后他的家人得到了近百万美元的补偿
And his family also got over a million dollars,
如果我没记错
and if I'm not mistaken,
他还有一座塑像
there's a statue.
在梅伍德
In Maywood.
梅伍德人早就知道他是谁了
They already know who he is in Maywood.
我想要这个城市剩下的人
I want the rest of this city
在他被完全遗忘之前知道他是谁
to know who he is before he's completely forgotten.
劳埃德 这是个烫手的山芋
Lloyd, it's a hot-button issue,
鲍比不想被卷进这件事里
and Bobby doesn't want any part of it.
鲍比不在这 不是吗
Bobby's not here, is he?
不 但我在
No, but I am.
你确定不是 不 但"我"在吗
Don't you mean, no, but I am?
如果你想着要趁鲍比不在推动这个提案通过
If you're thinking of pushing this through while Bobby's gone,
我强烈建议你不要这样做
I strongly advise against it.
好吧
Well.
我们都有自己该做的工作 凯莉
We all have a job to do, Keri.
无论你现在手上有什么事 都先别做了
Hey, whatever you have going on, stop it.
我们有麻烦了
剧集 | 皮尔森 | 导航列表