剧集 | 金属进化:重金属音乐发展史(2011) | 导航列表
to their thrash metal sound in the early 2000's and it
看起来nu-Metal运动开始消亡了。
seemed that the nu-metal movement was starting to die off
但后来又出现了第二波乐队
but then a second wave of bands emerged that were
贴上了nu-Metal的标签,但扩大了声音
labeled nu-metal but broadened the sound
作为一个子流派和重金属的整体。
of a sub-genre and heavy metal as a whole.
**音乐**
* Music *
山姆:那时候的音乐、摇滚和金属气候怎么样?
Sam: What was the music and rock and metal climate like at that time?
大卫·德雷曼:这是一个非常独特的时刻,因为我们得到了
David Draiman: It was a very unique time because we got
被归入nu-Metal类别,但我们从未真正拥有过
lumped into the category of nu-metal but we never really had
任何与此相关的风格,我们从未说唱过,
any association with that stylistically, we never rapped,
我们从来没有DJ或者转盘之类的东西。
we never had a DJ or a turntable or anything like that.
像Deftones和Korn这样的乐队
Bands like the Deftones and Korn
受到嘻哈和说唱的影响。
had their hip-hop and rap influences.
对我来说,这更像是雷鬼音乐。
For me it was much more reggae.
**音乐**
* Music *
丹·多内根:我从来没有真正担心过
Dan Donegan: I never really worried about what the
分类是,我们是金属,我们不是金属,我们不是金属
categories were, we're metal, we're not metal, we're not metal
够了,你知道我们是摇滚,不管怎么说,这不是真的
enough, you know we're rock whatever, it doesn't really
我的阶段,很明显我们是在这整个
phase me, obviously we came up at a time where this whole
Nu-Metal流派出现了,它对我们来说很棒,
nu-metal genre came up and it was great for us,
我们能够乘势而上是因为
we were able to ride the wave of that because
当时很多乐队都被抢♥购♥一空。
so many bands were getting snatched up at the time.
**音乐**
* Music *
雅各比·沙迪克斯:公众已经受够了
Jacoby Shaddix: The public had like had enough of
软绵绵的比兹基特,受够了(嘟嘟)科恩,它只是
Limp Bizkit, had enough of (beep) Korn and it was just
就像一波又一波的新乐队
like the whole wave of new bands came through that kicked down
给我们开门,所以对我们来说不是那么难
the door for us so it wasn't that hard for us to just
蜂拥而至,卖♥♥出(嘟嘟)600万张唱片,你知道的。
stampede through and sell (beep) six million records, you know.
尼克·阿德勒:当时的音乐产业非常饥渴,
Nic Adler: The music industry at that time was very hungry,
我的意思是音乐行业历史上最好的销♥售♥记录
I mean the best sales in the history of the music business
在那段时间里,人们都在寻找这样的乐队
were during that time, people were looking for bands that were
那种纽金属风格,但年轻、新颖、清新。
that nu-metal style but young new and fresh.
**音乐**
* Music *
>>第二波nu金属带不仅
>> The second wave of nu-metal bands not only
扩大了这一类型的声音,他们还把nu-Metal推到了
expanded the sound of the genre, they also pushed nu-metal to
更高水平的商业成功和乐队
even higher levels of commercial success and the band that took
Nu-Metal的商业巅峰是林肯公园(Linkin Park)。
nu-metal to it's commercial peak was Linkin Park.
**音乐**
* Music *
山姆·邓恩:如你所知,我是说下一天
Sam Dunn: As you know I mean the next
大乐队是林肯公园,你的印象如何?
big band was Linkin Park, what was your impression
那些家伙的所作所为吗?
of what those guys were doing?
乔纳森·戴维斯:他们做了一件很酷的事情,他们
Jonathan Davis: They did this really cool thing where they
融合了旋律和说唱歌♥手,所以你有
incorporated melody and singing with a rapper, so you had the
两全其美,它们没有走得太重或太恐怖,
best of both worlds and they didn't go too heavy or spooky,
我猜这是“普通人”可以调色的东西。
it's stuff that I guess "normal folk" could palette.
**音乐**
* Music *
亚当·拉法洛维奇:有了林肯公园,就没有
Adam Rafalovich: With Linkin Park there wasn't the
同样程度的公开严苛的方法,
same degree of overt harshness in the approach,
它稍微柔和了一点,它看起来像是
it was a little bit softer, a little bit, it seemed like a
稍微柔和一点的金属,因此你知道,
little more of a gentle metal and for that reason you know,
它具有令人难以置信的商业可行性。
it had incredible commercial viability.
尼克·阿德勒:当他们打开电视准备出发的时候,
Nic Adler: When they turned it on and they were ready to go,
我不记得有哪支乐队比林肯公园起飞得更快。
I don't recall a band taking off faster than Linkin Park.
从我成为这支乐队的十天开始,我就知道作为一支乐队
It was ten days from being this band that I knew as a band that
扮演Roxy在MTV上看到他们并成为第一名。
played The Roxy to seeing them on MTV and being number one.
**音乐**
* Music *
>>尽管林肯公园和
>> Despite the massive success of Linkin Park and the
第二波nu金属乐队,很像Glam金属背部
second wave of nu-metal bands, much like glam metal back
在80年代,nu-Metal的持久遗产似乎是
in the eighties, nu-metal's lasting legacy seems to be the
它深深地分♥裂♥了金属社区,并赋予了这一点
way it deeply divided the metal community and given that
我不是这种风格的粉丝,我还在苦苦挣扎
I wasn't a fan of this style, I'm still struggling
来理解为什么nu-Metal如此受欢迎。
to understand why nu-metal became so popular.
山姆·邓恩:林肯公园的粉丝们,你们能告诉我为什么你们喜欢他们吗?
Sam Dunn: Linkin Park fans, can you tell me why you like them?
范冰冰:为什么我们喜欢林肯公园?
Fan: Why we like Linkin Park?
山姆·邓恩:你为什么喜欢林肯公园?
Sam Dunn: Why you like Linkin Park?
因为他们是最棒的,我们喜欢这块石头
Because they're the best, we love the rock and
嘻哈混杂在一起。它们是原创的。
the hip-hop mixed in. They're original.
他们非常原创,每一张专辑听起来都完全不同。
They're very original, every album sounds completely different.
我喜欢他们的一点是他们总是尝试
What I like about them is that they've always try
远离传统类型的音乐。
to stay away from the conventional type of music.
它们不适合任何流派,它们是自己的流派。
They don't fit into any genre, they are their own genre.
他们是林肯公园。
They're Linkin Park.
山姆·邓恩:我怎么会不喜欢呢?
Sam Dunn: How come I didn't like it?
范冰冰:笑,我不知道。
Fan: Laughs, I don't know.
山姆·邓恩:错误的人群,错误的人群。
Sam Dunn: Wrong crowd, wrong crowd.
范冰冰:每个人都有自己的看法。
Fan: Everyone has their own opinions.
山姆·邓恩:回顾你一直以来的音乐
Sam Dunn: Looking back over all this music that you have been a
一部分,现在你觉得nu-Metal这个词是什么意思?
part of, what does that term nu-metal mean to you now?
弗雷德·德斯特:我不知道有多少人还在用
Fred Durst: Well I don't know how many people still use
但我非常自豪能成为
the term but I'm extremely proud to be part of
Nu-Metal机芯,我为每一件事感到骄傲
the nu-metal movement and I'm proud of everything
我们已经取得的成就和我们所做的一切。
that we have accomplished and everything we've (beep) up.
乔纳森·戴维斯:我为我们的帮助感到自豪
Jonathan Davis: I felt proud that we helped
创新一个运动,很自豪。
innovate a movement, very proud.
不管他们怎么叫我猜,现在我所知道的就是我们
Who cares whatever they call it I guess now, all I know is we're
还在这里,我们还在做我们正在做的事
still here and we're still doing what we're doing
他们会叫我们Nu-Metal教父
and they're gonna call us the nu-metal godfathers for
我们该死的生活中的睡觉。所以我想我会处理这件事的。
the rest of our damn lives. So I guess I'm gonna deal with it.
蒙特·康纳:今天它是一个肮脏的词,但还没有到
Monte Connor: It's a dirty word today but not to the extent of
头发是金属的,你知道的,就像人们会对它嗤之以鼻
hair metal, you know like people will turn their nose up at it
开着玩笑什么的,但我想nu-Metal肯定还是
and make jokes and stuff but I think nu-metal definitely still
它有某种形式的缓存,而且它还活着,
has some kind of cache to it and it is still alive,
我是说那些乐队中的任何一个他们都是
I mean any of those bands they're just so part of the
金属织品,在这一点上,它们不叫nu-Metal。
fabric of metal at this point they're not called nu-metal.
乔恩·韦德霍恩:我认为“金属”这个词有点像
Jon Weiderhorn: I think the term nu-metal has been kind of
中毒了,这是一种耻辱,因为声音的类型
poisoned and it's a kind of a shame because the types of sound
向观众展示,使他们能够打开
that were being presented to audiences enabled them to open
他们的思想,并说金属不一定要扎根于
their minds and say metal doesn't have to be rooted in
这种黑色安息日,金属弧形的可接受性,
this sort of Black Sabbath, Metallica arc of acceptability,
你知道,也许金属不一定是一回事。
you know maybe metal doesn't have to be one thing.
**音乐**
* Music *
>>在我开始探索金属之前,
>> Before I set out to explore nu-metal,
我怀疑它是否属于重量级的故事
I questioned whether it even belonged in the story of heavy
金属,但我发现尽管术语nu-Metal可能
metal, but I've discovered although the term nu-metal may
已经消亡,许多乐队继续蓬勃发展,
be dead, many of the bands continue to thrive and have
给金属音乐带来了一些真正的创新,所以最终
brought some real innovation to metal music and so ultimately
我意识到nu-Metal做出了更大的贡献
I've realized that nu-metal has made a much bigger contribution
对重金属进化的贡献超出了我的想象。
to the evolution of heavy metal than I ever imagined.
**音乐**
* Music *
*
*
剧集 | 金属进化:重金属音乐发展史(2011) | 导航列表